• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• 47of74

• fraurosena

• smittykins

20200124_jones1.JPG.0c4dce708677013705b1bc3c8699cf9c.JPG

"Smearing 1999"

I’m not an advocate for outing people. If someone is gay and they’re not ready to come out, then leave them alone. It’s personal and they know better for their personal situation than anyone else. I’m also not a fan of speculating about someone’s sexuality. I trust people at their word about their own life in regards to what’s none of my business.

South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham has dealt with rumors and accusations for years about his sexuality. Washington is a place where a rumor can spread throughout the city for years and even decades before the rest of the nation gets a whiff. Lindsey Graham exhibits mannerisms that many consider being “gay” or metrosexual (which is a straight person who people say acts in a gay stereotype, like being tidy and dressing nice. Go figure). Lindsey Graham has never been married and is a dandy. No, not someone who is gay, but someone who is, well kinda metro. He probably irons his socks. For this, people have been accusing him of being gay for years. I don’t believe Lindsey Graham is gay because he says he’s not.

I don’t think it’s homophobic to accuse Graham of being gay unless you really hate gay people and you’re trying to ruin their party by sending Graham over. But it is rude and invasive. If he was gay, you’re not helping by trying to out him. If you want to fight him on his support of specific policies, then take him on the issues, not what you perceive to be his sexuality. But, accusing someone of being gay is NOT a smear though I’m sure most Republicans believe it is.

Stage actress Patti Lupone accused Graham of being gay last July. She tweeted her disdain for Graham’s support of Donald Trump’s racism when he went after four female Democratic Representatives saying they should “go back to where they came from.” She tweeted, “Lindsey Graham you are a disgrace. On a personal note, why don’t you just bite the bullet and come out. You might just come to your senses.”

Comedian Chelsea Handler tweeted in 2018 that Graham was supporting Trump because the White House was blackmailing him with a gay sex tape. I don’t think that’s fair and I strongly discourage spreading conspiracy theories. Graham’s support for Trump is easily explained by pointing out he doesn’t convictions, pride, or principles. He’s a Republican. Duh.

Handler didn’t stop there. Last October, she tweeted, “If you’re wondering why Republicans took a sick day today, it’s probably because it’s #NationalComingOutDay. Looking at you @LindseyGrahamSC.” I don’t think that’s entirely fair. Why wasn’t she also looking at Mike Pence?

Representative Ilhan Omar (one of those Trump said should “go back to where she came from”) retweeted someone pondering what “they have on Graham,” and added that he’s “compromised.”

Bill Maher even did a monologue with 24 things you didn’t know about Lindsey Graham which included, “when I was in school, the kids would tease me by calling me ‘Lindsey,'” and “greatest advice my mother gave me was to stop waving my hands when I run,” and “greatest legislative accomplishment is naming a post office after Nathan Lane,” and “I employ over a dozen pool boys even though I don’t own a pool.”

People need to take the high ground and leave Graham alone about his sexuality. He says he’s straight so that means he’s straight. Sheesh! But then again, he also said a president doesn’t have to commit a crime to be impeached and now he says the opposite. Now I’m confused.

Another Graham joke on Maher’s list was, “For Halloween, I went as the Lindsey Graham from the Clinton impeachment.” It was that Lindsey Graham we saw yesterday courtesy of a video House Manager Jerry Nadler played during his presentation during Trump’s impeachment trial. I say that was the version we got yesterday because 2020 Lindsey Graham snuck out of the room.

Why should Graham have been in the room while video played contradicting his position today? He’s already stated that he’s not an impartial juror and his mind is already made up. He even said he doesn’t want to hear “a lot of witnesses,” that “he’s made up his mind,” and he’s ready to vote now. He said all this back in the middle of December. So, I’m trusting that the one witness 2020 Lindsay Graham doesn’t’ want to hear is 1999 Lindsey Graham.

1999 Lindsey Graham was a House Manager (the same job Nadler and Adam Schiff have today) and he was arguing to impeach Bill Clinton. One of the main Republican talking points is that you need a crime to impeach. Ignoring the facts that asking a foreign government to aid your political campaign and extortion are crimes, Republicans argue these articles of impeachment don’t list any broken laws. But according to 1999 Lindsey Graham, you didn’t need any broken laws. 1999 Lindsey Graham argued before the Senate, ”

“What’s a high crime? It doesn’t even have to be a crime. It’s just when you start using your office and you’re acting in a way that hurts people, you’ve committed a high crime.”

Republicans are smearing those who oppose them. Yesterday, Senator Marsha Blackburn questioned the patriotism of veteran Alexander Vindman for testifying against Trump during the House impeachment hearings. Will they start bashing Lindsey Graham? Will 2020 Graham accuse 1999 Graham of being gay?

I don’t want to accuse Lindsey Graham of being gay and add to the rumors, but since he has NOT apologized for voting to impeach Bill Clinton and arguing before the Senate to convict him, I believe he needs to party like it’s 1999 and convict the president (sic) and throw him out of office.

Lindsey Graham is not gay. He’s also not a man with principles or someone who defends this nation against a corrupt president who’s a Russian asset.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

92F24D42-9E96-4812-8558-409F6833998F.jpeg.c0a5121b10b60aa15b78fc33cf8f77ac.jpeg

• Haha 10

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic