Tatar-tot

New season: Meri, Meri and more Meri

Eternalbluepearl
25 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Anybody out there watching now?

She did say that, I remember it. I've been watching this train wreck since the beginning. 

I just don't get Kody's push for one home at this stage of the game. They haven't had one house since Utah. They didn't have one house in Vegas. Why is it so important now? 

Fundies kill me with their conservatism in everything but names, which must be so UNEEK! Truely is so silly to me, Truely what? What was Christine thinking? 

And Truely paired with Brown sounds even odder than with a last name that isn't an adjective. I cringe at "Mykelti" too. 

Alice in Fundieland

I felt so bad for the Brown kids hearing the moms talk about how their kids are struggling with the move to Flagstaff and how great everything was in Vegas while Kody just sat there.  Nothing the Brown adults do makes any sense and I continue to be dumbfounded by their choices.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Jrodseyeliner

Christine was thinking about the hot new wife coming into the picture when she called her daughter Truely... 

Sad
AliceInFundyland

On the spectrum of names, Truely has grown on me. As if you look down at your infant and say "aw, truly perfection"

That's "soo Christine" and the kid is pretty cute.

As names and children go.

Much like Spurgeon seems to be coming into a personality that can handle his moniker.

SilverBeach
7 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

On the spectrum of names, Truely has grown on me. As if you look down at your infant and say "aw, truly perfection"

That's "soo Christine" and the kid is pretty cute.

As names and children go.

Much like Spurgeon seems to be coming into a personality that can handle his moniker.

Then name the kid Truely Perfection (barf).  By itself, Truely just sounds stupid, to me.  It is so Christine, and I don't know about the cuteness of the kid, but that's irrelevant. Don't know about Spurgeon either. I think it's thoughtless to give your kid a UNEEK name when you have a normal one. A name is a lifetime thing, although thank goodness it can be changed if desired. To each her own.

Tired
clueliss

I like the name True, I’m not wild about Truely.  

as I suspected, I see we are indeed repeating storylines.  Kids having trouble adapting, check.  Everyone whining about how far apart they are, check.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

ifosterkittens

Season 14, Episode 4 Four Wives, One House? 

Janelle lobbied to be the listing agent of the Las Vegas homes, and wants to do it to save the commission. Kody said no, and said Janelle took it as an insult, but she doesn’t live there (it isn’t close), and she isn’t available to show the house often. Janelle goes to Vegas every other weekend to show the houses. It is painful to admit, but I agree with Kody, Janelle can’t do it full time. If they put the houses on the market before they moved (like most people do, since most people can’t afford to buy a house without selling their current home) Janelle being the real estate agent made sense, but once she moved, no. Janelle and Christine have their houses on the market. Janelle said Meri’s house needs cleaned up and some cosmetic work. Meri lived in the Las Vegas home for six weeks in between the two Flagstaff rentals, what did she do with her time? Meri doesn’t have children at home, so keeping the house cleaned and staged seems doable. Janelle said Robyn is managing little kids, (last episode Robyn said she is hosting a family reunion in October), so she can’t get her house on the market yet. Also not sure if it was Janelle or Christine’s home but Janelle said it had two laundries (not sure if that means two washers two dryers in one room or two separate laundry areas), and two dish washers. Kody said he is terrible with family business because he forgets he is dealing with his wife and asks why is this not profitable, why haven’t you thought about so and so. Robyn was vigorously nodding in agreement. 

Christine had pillow cases made that say home is where the wives are. Christine said she is very open with being polygamous now (told the pillow lady), but she was raised to believe the outside world was dangerous and not to trust people outside of her faith. Christine never felt like she could confide in a teacher for fear of her dad being put in prison.  She shared her father’s dad was put in prison for his beliefs, at one point the whole family had to separate, never lived together again, and they didn’t see their siblings for years. Also Kody is from Wyoming, (not Montana as I wrongly stated in a previous post). 

Ysabel and Christine shared Gwen has struggled with the move, she hasn’t made close friends, expressed she felt depressed, so Christine (with Kody’s begrudging agreement) got Gwen a puppy to cheer her up. Truely asked is there a cat in the car? No cat, and she left the room crying. Truely said she wants a cat, and said she is petrified of dogs. I am impressed by an eight year old using the word petrified, and hoping she gets her cat. Kody does not want pets, and makes this abundantly clear. Meri and her mother Bonnie went to Christine’s to be there to meet the puppy. Meri said she tries to make an effort to be at different places at different times to see people in Flagstaff. To me if felt like a barb, Meri feels she is making the effort, and without saying it sounds like she doesn’t feel the others wives make the same effort. Meri do you make the effort when the family isn't filming?

Christmas Eve morning the new group of older girls (Gwen, Ysabel, Savannah, Aurora and Breanna) are making breakfast which is a Brown family tradition. This is where the kids relationships shine. We get to see the fun the kids have, goofing around, and enjoying spending time together. Janelle doesn’t enjoy all the chaos, but Christine loves it, and hosts the breakfast, but commented the house is too small for the crowd. Savannah is the only kid in middle school, so she goes to school by herself, and doesn’t get to see her siblings often, not at school, not on the bus, not in the cul de sac. Christmas Eve in the evening they went to Meri’s, and spend all of Christmas day at Robyn’s. Kody says parking is an issue with no more cul de sac, and Meri’s driveway is terrible for parking. As many posters here on FJ have wondered were all the cars, at least part of the reason Meri’s neighbors called the cops. 

Kody is going to show the family his mega compound house plans. Kody wants the ability to see his children all the time, and he went on to say to be frank it wouldn’t hurt me to see my wives every day either. He really knows how to sell plural marriage. Hunter, Madison, and Aspyn are home for Christmas. So Kody puts the pictures of the house up, says welcome to my house, my living room, it sounds like this house is just for him. It also includes a loft area. Janelle laughs and says hold questions until the end, Robyn isn’t even looking, not paying attention. Christine said she likes who she is now more, more than when they were living together, and thinks she is a better mom when living on her own. Christine is not on board with this plan at all. Meri isn’t sure it is safe to share her opinion. Robyn said it is all white, it will be ruined in a week, it has he forgotten who his kids are? Robyn said that Kody’s living room doesn’t seem big enough for the crowd. There is a ten bay parking garage under the house. Robyn said Christine didn’t even want to stay with her or Janelle until her house was ready, so she clearly doesn’t want to live together. Christine said she didn’t want everyone unsettled. Kody goes on to say this house is his dream, and a prison. Sometimes he needs a break from everyone, so not only will he build the mega house with his family room/kitchen, he will also build himself a cabin where he can retreat and take a break. He feels everyone wants something from him all the time— dude you married four wives and have 18 kids— what did you expect? Janelle said everyone gets to the point where they want a break from the kids and chaos, but why are you telling the kids? Christine is waiting for him to talk himself out of it. Robyn said this is just how Kody talks, you don’t take everything he says seriously. She said he tends to contradict himself (my words) while he talks, he’ll say this is a fantastic idea, this might be a crummy idea. Kody said and I quote “a big family creates an environment that sometimes has a bit of psychic tension.”  So I find it tough to follow exactly what he is saying. Kody admits he’s not looking forward to being an empty nester, being a father is part of his identity, and is constantly debating if Ari is his last child (Robyn wondered why he was discussing that with the whole family). Robyn said some of the kids have been jerks about him, being a dad (my guess is she is talking about his age), and he is trying to say he is young enough to have more kids. Maddie asked are you really considering more kids? Kody responded he has a washboard stomach, that is some testosterone, and the crowd is all enough enough no one needs to hear that. 

Autonomy and privacy are the two important factors in a mega home, and this house will have block (they used the word block, the walls are block) in the internal walls separating each home. Janelle said in the Lehi, UT house there was the upstairs/downstairs issue for Christine and Meri when they were on different schedules. Anyone who has lived in an apartment is familiar with this concept, you may want to sleep in Saturday morning but the toddler upstairs is jumping up and down at 5:30am ready to go. Janelle went on to say she is in bed by 9pm, and up by 4 or 5am, but Robyn doesn’t go to bed until 1am, and then sleeps until late in the morning. Please Janelle give us more! Does Robyn do this only on weekends? Did Robyn’s cousin (the one who lived with them, and did child care) do the morning school routine each day while Robyn slept it? Don’t leave me hanging!

The mega compound home is 13,000 square feet. The one home in Lehi, UT during the first season was 5,000 sq ft. Each Las Vegas home was 4,000, so 16,000 for all four, and the four Flagstaff homes come in at 12,000 square feet according to Janelle. Janelle is cool and on board with the one house. Meri doesn’t feel safe sharing her opinion, but let’s be real she doesn’t want one house. Robyn claims she doesn’t know how she feels about it, and isn’t going to think about it over Christmas, will think about it later. Christine is 100% against the idea, and said she better have a damn good present tomorrow (on Christmas). Maddie said she likes it, and it would be easier for her with kids, but it isn’t her house. 

My two cents on the house: Kody creating a neutral area (his living room/kitchen), to host friends and family makes sense to an extent because no wife wants to be imposed upon (please understand this is a world I am pretending some of what Kody says makes sense). The Duggars built a huge family room/dining room, and have the ability to move furniture and set up a bunch of tables and chairs to accommodate a crowd. I would think you would make it one big open room, so you could have a couple of couches for regular family time, tables and chairs (folding tables and chairs when you are hosting Thanksgiving, or a family dinner), sleeping bags (say one of the kids wants to have a bunch of friends over for a big sleepover), whatever suited your needs. I don’t see the need for an extra kitchen, chances are they will cook in their own kitchens (where they keep all their pots, pans, food ingredients) and if they had a counter (or set up a table) along the wall with extra outlets to plug in crock pots, or warming dishes if they wanted ok, but the need for a fifth set of kitchen appliances that would be used a few times a year seems expensive and unnecessary (along with many of his other ideas). I confess to thinking about this house design far too much! 

Satisfied
scoutsadie

These ding-dongs appear to make major life decisions about as well as JRod and Deadbeat Dave do...

(I guess that's not fair, I suspect Kody is the main decision maker. But these women, most of whom I like, somehow all made the choice to marry that idiot, so...)