IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 14: Who's Addison? They're all Becoming a Giant Blur to Me.

HerNameIsBuffy

I don't know that Michelle and JB are upset about this posting. Although maybe this bothers more people than Michelle's anti-choice, anti-LGBT posts. That might be it. It just upsets to many people so JB and Michelle go bland and sugary. 

I hope the Caldwells get coronavirus.

Go to hell, you fucktards!

etc.

Wishing ill on people is not okay. It's like saying that you hope a rapist gets raped in prison. Another bad deed doesn't undo the first one. It doesn't help anyone. 

I understand and share the anger, but let's just be better humans.

Edited by nolongerIFBx
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 6

I will preface this to say that I am bad with heights, even looking at certain photos can make me woozy! The Caldwells posted several "we out here in the woods!" photos and one of them is their BABY perched on what looks like a pier above water. It made me VERY NERVOUS. 

Is it just me??

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

31 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

I will preface this to say that I am bad with heights, even looking at certain photos can make me woozy! The Caldwells posted several "we out here in the woods!" photos and one of them is their BABY perched on what looks like a pier above water. It made me VERY NERVOUS. 

Is it just me??

I'm pretty good with heights, but this still scares me.  Even the poor kid looks a little freaked out.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Wonder if the Caldwells are expecting everyone to show up for church on Sundays.  Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

I suppose it depends how they get paid- do they get a salary or do they depend on donations at the church?

A lot of the full time ‘ministry’ fundies must be getting nervous that as people’s hours are cut they are less likely to fund folks who have decided telling other people how to live is their calling.

i hope we never see the Caldwell family on TLC again. They are now pushing MLM snake oil to help with the virus.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

Not to downplay this terrifying virus but isn't anyone else here today to win the elections? I know that's not what they meant, but it worried me too.

20 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Exactly. And from that post, are they outing themselves as antivaxxers?

They've already said that they are, unfortunately. I'm thinking it is in the comments from the posts about their youngest being sick and needing an MRI. I was pondering yesterday about these people and not vaccinating. If the Duggars are all anti (just speculating) plus Sierra and all her kids, their friend Kristen and her kids, the Caldwells, and then all the adjacents that do whatever these people do out of leghumpery, that makes a real hot spot right there in Arkansas for serious illness to run rampant. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I don’t think the Duggars have ever come out as anti vax- like I said above they are more media savvy & realise when to keep quiet. Josie would have been vulnerable due to her health issues at birth so they’d have been mad not to.

Derick had a flu shot and he got a lot of pushback from regular humpers about injecting aborted foetal cells so I think they just keep quiet about it.

The Caldwells are the perfect storm of stupid, arrogant, selfish hypocrites with a bit of fame. 

• Upvote 10

I thought Josie was filmed getting vaccinated on 19 kids and counting. I do wonder if Jessa embraces anti-vax as part of natural births or if Ben is able to show her the research that says vaccines save lives. 

• Upvote 1

Josie got vaccinated on the show. So did one of Anna’s kids. But then there was an early episode where everyone got chicken pox. So maybe they selectively vaccinate? 

The Caldwells deleted all of their "coronavirus is a conspiracy theory from the librul media" posts and have now switched over to posting Bible verses. Lol.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 10

25 minutes ago, indianabones said:

The Caldwells deleted all of their "coronavirus is a conspiracy theory from the librul media" posts and have now switched over to posting Bible verses. Lol.

They’re also emphasising the trip was before the advice about travel. 
Quick backtrack- either words of advice from the Duggars or saw their 15 minutes of TLC fame circling down the drain.

• Upvote 9

9 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Josie got vaccinated on the show. So did one of Anna’s kids. But then there was an early episode where everyone got chicken pox. So maybe they selectively vaccinate? 

A lot of conservative Christians don't vaccinate for the "Sin diseases", Hepatitis and HPV namely. Chickenpox is not usually one of these, but the age when kids usually get the vaccine (12 to 14 months, and again at between 5 and 6 years) Michelle is pregnant, just had another baby, or the kid is at an age where they've been passed off to a buddy and Michelle has checked out. It wouldn't surprise me if after the first year of life Michelle just... stopped keeping track of what they needed. Which in someways is worse then antivaxx in my opinion. Because antivaxxers at least think they have their childs best interest in mind, they don't, but they do genuinely believe they do, Michelle doesn't even think about them. 

Edited by Peaches-n-Beans
  • Upvote 7

On 3/16/2020 at 12:34 PM, nolongerIFBx said:

etc.

Wishing ill on people is not okay. It's like saying that you hope a rapist gets raped in prison. Another bad deed doesn't undo the first one. It doesn't help anyone. 

I understand and share the anger, but let's just be better humans.

Since you quoted my "go to hell" statement (not sure why you deleted my name so I wasn't notified, and the other quote wasn't from me) if feel obligated to ask: What part of "go to hell" is "wishing ill on people" and in any way comparable to hoping someone gets raped in prison?! Hell isn't a real place, so pretty sure going there is not a real risk for the Caldwells in spite to their complete and utter assholishness. ? Forgive me for not caring if their fee-fees are hurt; I don't feel the need to be a "better human" when it comes to telling these assholes that they're assholes for risking other peoples' lives with their ignorant posts. That's not at all the same thing as wishing someone gets raped in prison (or that someone catches COVID-19).

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Personally I just hope they don't contract the virus because they are dumb as rocks and likely won't follow any type of self qurantining procedures and would pass it on to who knows how many more people. Keeping stupid people virus free benefits everyone. 

Now if they were forced to walk across a carpet covered in Legos I wouldn't feel an ounce of pity. 

• Upvote 25

14 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

A lot of conservative Christians don't vaccinate for the "Sin diseases", Hepatitis and HPV namely. Chickenpox is not usually one of these, but the age when kids usually get the vaccine (12 to 14 months, and again at between 5 and 6 years) Michelle is pregnant, just had another baby, or the kid is at an age where they've been passed off to a buddy and Michelle has checked out. It wouldn't surprise me if after the first year of life Michelle just... stopped keeping track of what they needed. Which in someways is worse then antivaxx in my opinion. Because antivaxxers at least think they have their childs best interest in mind, they don't, but they do genuinely believe they do, Michelle doesn't even think about them. 

Do parents need to keep track? (Serious question). They have the records at the pediatricians office we go to. We follow the cdc schedule and go to all of our scheduled appointments so tracking each vax as it’s given is something we haven’t worried about. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, JillyO said:

Since you quoted my "go to hell" statement (not sure why you deleted my name so I wasn't notified, and the other quote wasn't from me) if feel obligated to ask: What part of "go to hell" is "wishing ill on people" and in any way comparable to hoping someone gets raped in prison?! Hell isn't a real place, so pretty sure going there is not a real risk for the Caldwells in spite to their complete and utter assholishness. ? Forgive me for not caring if their fee-fees are hurt; I don't feel the need to be a "better human" when it comes to telling these assholes that they're assholes for risking other peoples' lives with their ignorant posts. That's not at all the same thing as wishing someone gets raped in prison (or that someone catches COVID-19).

I didn't use your name in the quote because I didn't want to draw attention to you just statements like the one in the quotation box. 

• Confused 1

Eh, nvm. The last thing I need right now is a can of worms.

Edited by Jasmar

10 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Do parents need to keep track? (Serious question). They have the records at the pediatricians office we go to. We follow the cdc schedule and go to all of our scheduled appointments so tracking each vax as it’s given is something we haven’t worried about. 

They shouldn't, but that's assuming Michelle can keep track of who is due at the pediatrician for a well check. Which is hard enough with 2 or 3 kids, but with 19, well I'd imagine they'd only go when someone wasn't well or with Josie who was so premature.

• Upvote 3

On 3/16/2020 at 8:00 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t believe in jinxing yourself. But I do think this kind of publixbehavior can come back and bite you in the ass. Similar to the Utah Jazz player acting like people were overreacting to Coronavirus and then he got it. If the Caldwell’s end up with Coronavirus, they will end up looking really stupid. I mean, they already look stupid. But they will look even worse if they do contract Coronavirus. 

Or the representative (Gaetz) who showed up in a gas mask to mock the "hoax) (at that time it was Dems and the "fake news" perpetuating a hoax, not the Chinese inflicting a horrific virus) and then a few days later had to self-quarantine when he found his own little precious snowflake body had been exposed.

• Upvote 4

These repeated bible verses posted by the Caldwells hit differently when you know that they are taking the place of their uneducated conspiracy vitriol. Shame l that verses and that are one in the same to them. 

• Upvote 1

While they aren't big on preventing potential accidents, they do go for some preventative health things. They take great care of their teeth. Michelle has willingly had hospital births with doctors. I  believe they have shown vaccinations--iirc. I have don't recall anti-vax or anti-doc messages in any of their books, either.

• Upvote 5

On 3/18/2020 at 2:20 AM, neuroticcat said:

I doubt that would be why.  It would be more likely that the chicken pox vaccine is a more recent vaccine so it wouldn't have been on the schedule of standard vaccines to get at the time.  I'm looking at a page that states that it has been available in Australian since 2000, so presumably it may have been in the USA around then?  It then probably wasn't added to the list of standard vaccines to get for a number of years.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Someone Out There said:

It then probably wasn't added to the list of standard vaccines to get for a number of years.

When I was a young kid in the 80's and early 90's, the chicken pox vaccine wasn't a thing in my area of the U.S.- otherwise I'm sure my mom would have had me get it- especially since I never caught it when I was little. I caught it at the age of 11 (so 1996) and had a horrible, horrible case of it. I work with a woman who was born in 1995, I believe, and she did get the vaccine at some point- very well could have been the early 2000's- so, many of the Duggar kids were little before the vaccine was common.

• Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic