IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 14: Who's Addison? They're all Becoming a Giant Blur to Me.

HerNameIsBuffy

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I posted  

this link

above, but I'm not sure people saw it.  The Tumblr link is well-annotated. Kendra's mom was in the accident at 36 weeks. There's a clip of Christina actually telling the story to Kendra. I watched, but missed the part where she actually didn't give birth for another 3 weeks. So Kendra was born at 39 weeks. Her parents were married in January. She was born in August. 

Thanks for finding the link. 

• Upvote 2

Here’s what I think about all of this, and I did work with critically ill infants and children for 35 years, so do have some experience and education in this area. If you have a child that is falling out of the normal for meeting developmental milestones, talk to your trusted and/ or known medical professional. I am sure most, if not all of us at FJ, would take this approach. Now where fundies, and in particular what we know about the Duggars are concerned, I think people mention or give prompts on things that they see that might fall outside of the norm because we all have seen how these folks poo-poo basic safety and health recommendations. Both Jill and Joy were laboring at home with 10lb babies which were both purportedly in the breech position. Jessa has continued to birth at home despite bleeding out and requiring emergent professional care, TWICE. Some people do need prompts to overcome or at least balance out their ridiculous lack of common sense and logic.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

I wonder if Kendra's mom will start showing begore Kendra gives birth. Can't pass up a mother/daughter pregnancy photo op.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

On 10/14/2020 at 3:05 AM, SassyPants said:

Well, they have had miscarriages and in the case of Josie, a very preterm infant, who has ultimately done very, very well despite a very early start and rocky course. However, they have yet to have to parent a child with special needs that are never going away; a child who would need ongoing therapies or special educational needs to have any quality of life. I just can’t imagine these folks rising to that responsibility.

Forgive me if this has been addressed, i'm playing catch up, but; 

Are we sure Josie is doing as well as they claim. There is a very real chance she does have delays and the duggars are either 1) keeping it very very quiet because no one must know that she isn't a perfect miracle prolife gift from god or 2) don't even realize it themselves because Michelle doesn't actually raise these children and I doubt Jana is in the position to do much if anything. I know we always talk about JRod not wanting to face Janessa's potential difficulties because she wants her to be a perfect miracle baby like Josie but we can't be sure Josie is that perfect miracle child. While i certainly hope all is as well as it seems with Josie I would not put it past the Duggars to be exactly like the Rods. They're basically the same just in a more palatable package. 

I'm also going to jump on the Idle Speculation Bus and say that;

I think Josie falls into that same "Last baby must be baby for as long as possible" trap that Janessa Rodrigues falls into. I remember watching the last season of 19KaC before the Josh scandal broke and being struck by how Josie was still so babied. So it's also possible that some things that a normal family would see as concerning or as potential delays are just seen by the Duggars as normal and charming if they view Josie as younger then she is. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

19 hours ago, LancetteShing99 said:

My son is 2 years old and does not really talk yet. So what could be wrong with him?

Nothing. I have 2 kids 1 was a late talker the other an early talker, thankfully they were born in that order. I would have been very worried about my son at & his limited speech at 2 years old when my daughter was speaking in 3 to 4 word sentences at 18 months.  DS spoke, but it was very much toddler speak until he was about 3 and just about the time the doctors were going to "be concerned" he started talking. He must have gotten sick of little sister showing him up.

• Upvote 6

@LancetteShing99,  my son did not speak at two and we were concerned.  We had discussed it earlier with his pediatrician and we were all taking a wait and see until his two year checkup.  At that time we were in agreement that he was not hitting minimal milestones and she referred us for an early intervention evaluation.  He was diagnosed with speech and language impairment plus some other issues.

He started a therapeutic  preschool in within six weeks of the visit with his doctor.  In addition to a language based program he received speech and occupational therapy until he went to kindergarten.  He continued in a special ed setting throughout high school.  He graduated with a New York State Regents diploma with honors and received a partial academic scholarship to an fairly selective engineering school.

My point is, don’t wait.  The earlier you start working on a delay the better the outcome.  Most times delayed speech is a matter of a mellow personality and is not a concern,  but you will not know it unless you check it out.

Off my soapbox. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 7

And Josie and Janessa will never go to a school where other adults who have worked with hundreds of kids can help sort out if there is/isn’t a problem.

There’s something called learned helplessness that I deal with every single year, with kids acting “babyish” because they’ve never been shown or asked to do X for themselves. Many times, after a few weeks, they learn X, (and Y. And Z) and it’s fine. They just needed the opportunity and support to do it themselves. And they will absolutely developmentally  code-switch and not know how  do X, Y, and Z when their grown-up comes to pick up. 

We screen every single child who walks through our doors. But, we also take screenings with a grain of salt; sometimes, kids don’t hit the cut off simply because they’ve never been exposed to academics or a school setting. In three months, they’re caught up. I’ve also had kids pass the screenings, or don’t have enough of a delay on the eval to qualify, but there was still something “off”. We sort of try to work those kids into EI on the DL (Ie. “Bobby, Can you help Ms. J and be Sarah’s play partner today?”) because if we wait until kg (or, sometimes, first or second grade) so much time has been lost. 

The problem with Josie AND Janessa is that they’ve never been in a setting away from their parents/families, or around objective adults who are pretty familiar with what is or isn’t appropriate for their ages. They could be perfectly fine and just never encouraged to do anything for themselves, or there could be real delays. But, as long as we get only carefully curated glimpses into their lives, we’ll never know. 

• Upvote 21

@Lurker and @allthegoodnamesaregone

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

It's not like he doesn't speak at all. He already uses a few words and he can mimic animal sounds. He also has a weird obsession with numbers (he might have inherited from me). He can count to twelve and he can also recognize these numbers. So his pediatrician isn't concerned at all. So I just don't know.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

@LancetteShing99,  my son did not speak at two and we were concerned.  We had discussed it earlier with his pediatrician and we were all taking a wait and see until his two year checkup.  At that time we were in agreement that he was not hitting minimal milestones and she referred us for an early intervention evaluation.  He was diagnosed with speech and language impairment plus some other issues.

He started a therapeutic  preschool in within six weeks of the visit with his doctor.  In addition to a language based program he received speech and occupational therapy until he went to kindergarten.  He continued in a special ed setting throughout high school.  He graduated with a New York State Regents diploma with honors and received a partial academic scholarship to an fairly selective engineering school.

My point is, don’t wait.  The earlier you start working on a delay the better the outcome.  Most times delayed speech is a matter of a mellow personality and is not a concern,  but you will not know it unless you check it out.

Off my soapbox. 

and they may also give you tips on how to help your child verbalize. My little guy didn't talk much till he was about 2 - but he had a few other delays too (the doc thought he was autistic - the OT thought the doc was a little crazy) . But I didn't KNOW how to teach someone to talk. So it was a lot of "you want.... milk! that's right! milk! Here is your...milk" etc. Once we started paying attention to it- it helped.
He is 7, still has a verbal delay, still has pronunciation quirks etc - but is more confident and will now talk our ears off - and will happily talk to people he meets. 

• Love 5

4 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Next thread title for this one, "Mother and daughter are pregnant together"

It could be Mom and DaughterS are pregnant together. It was just announced Lauren is engaged. If they follow the timeline Kendra did she will be married in 3 months, pregnant in 4 months.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

Lauren Caldwell is engaged!!!

Edited by becky_m2001
Not sure if this is the right thread for this news...
  • Thank You 5

Do we know any thing about Titus? I dont remember hearing about or seeing him before. They sure kept that quiet!

• Upvote 5

I'm surprised, I really thought she was courting a lost boy. Who's this Titus dude?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

His name is Titus Hall.

Where did you find out?

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

His name is Titus Hall.

How did you find out?

1 minute ago, VBOY9977 said:

Where did you find out?

How did you find out?

He's on facebook if you look up. Seems like he comes from a regular fundie family

• Upvote 4

Well, that should dispel any notions that Lauren Caldwell was going to be paired with a Duggar boy.  She was probably hanging around helping Kendra or the other Duggar ladies with childcare.

Edited by RosyDaisy
  • Upvote 19

Well fuck, I hung my fundie stalking love on a duggar. Spewing I wont get a double duggar wife and their mother pregnant triple pregnant shot. 

Can some one screen shot a pic of him I am at work and have no access to social media please?

cheers guys. 

Well Just Fuck, double, cause I am disappointed and because I am disappointed lol 

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Well fuck, I hung my fundie stalking love on a duggar. Spewing I wont get a double duggar wife and their mother pregnant triple pregnant shot. 

Can some one screen shot a pic of him I am at work and have no access to social media please?

cheers guys. 

Well Just Fuck, double, cause I am disappointed and because I am disappointed lol 

The screen shot is in the unmarried fundies thread. 

• Thank You 1

Maybe we can put there being a 2nd Lauren Duggar rumor to bed for now.

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic