IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 14: Who's Addison? They're all Becoming a Giant Blur to Me.

HerNameIsBuffy

57 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

It already happened with Annabell, different ultrasound tech people/ OBGYNs urged her to seek medical advice after she posted her 10 week ultrasound on Instagram. It wouldn't have changed the outcome but they would've been prepared. I'm glad they are now seeking real medical care in subsequent pregnancies.

Do you know what people thought was wrong with the 10 week ultrasound? The nuchal translucency size? 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Do you know what people thought was wrong with the 10 week ultrasound? The nuchal translucency size? 

Apparently the nuchal fold was thicker than normal.

One ultrasound tech commented on Joy's Instagram post of the scan that it looked abnormal and she should talk to her doctor about it. It's waaay back in the comments.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Crucify me for this, but if my mom was pregnant at the same time as I was...YUCK!!!!!!!

Nope. We all know our parents have sex lives, but...nope. NOOOPPEEE!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

21 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Apparently the nuchal fold was thicker than normal.

One ultrasound tech commented on Joy's Instagram post of the scan that it looked abnormal and she should talk to her doctor about it. It's waaay back in the comments.

See, and this is why I object to the “no medical comments” on some sites. It’s not like the comment suggested a treatment, but rather that Joy should seek medical advice. Professionals who work in fields for years and years generally know what they are talking about. It falls in line when you see something, say something. I know many of us commented about another grandchild, accepted the consequences, and it was later confirmed that this child had the exact problem mentioned, and was successfully treated. Most people making medical comments are not malicious, especially when they are suggesting getting an additional medical opinion.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Chewing Gum said:

It already happened with Annabell, different ultrasound tech people/ OBGYNs urged her to seek medical advice after she posted her 10 week ultrasound on Instagram. It wouldn't have changed the outcome but they would've been prepared. I'm glad they are now seeking real medical care in subsequent pregnancies.

I don’t remember this or do I sort of?. Did the conversation get shut down because it was based on speculation. Either way now, I wish I paid more attention. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

I don’t remember this or do I sort of?. Did the conversation get shut down because it was based on speculation. Either way now, I wish I paid more attention. 

I think the comment was made on IG- 

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

They need to get Lauren married off so she can get knocked up and have all 3 pregnant at once. Fundie goals!

Omg I was coming here to ask was it wrong that I hoped this, purely based on my desire to watch a carnival side show act event. I even sent that message to my friend last night. Lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ophelia said:

So far I can think of Kelly Bates having her last one at 46, Michelle Duggar at 45 (Jubilee who was stillborn) and Gloria Wissmann having her youngest at 48.

My math (admittedly not my strong point) shows that Kelly was 45 when she had Jeb. 

• I Agree 3

I'm gonna be the odd one out on this issue because it doesn't bother me at all. Seriously, are Paul and Christine supposed to stop having a sex life just because one of their kids got married and is having kids? Parents have sex, even after their kids get married, and if they still happen to be fertile they can get pregnant. I just don't think it's that big of a deal. ?

• Upvote 13

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

See, and this is why I object to the “no medical comments” on some sites. It’s not like the comment suggested a treatment, but rather that Joy should seek medical advice. Professionals who work in fields for years and years generally know what they are talking about. It falls in line when you see something, say something. I know many of us commented about another grandchild, accepted the consequences, and it was later confirmed that this child had the exact problem mentioned, and was successfully treated. Most people making medical comments are not malicious, especially when they are suggesting getting an additional medical opinion.

I am not sure I agree. It was down to the people that did the ultrasound or her midwife to notice the signs. I mean Joy didn’t make the US herself and I cannot believe her midwife wouldn’t look at it? We have had enough arm chair diagnostics around here and they are banned for good reason (just look at all the development delays, learning disorders and what not have been brought up).
People make all sorts of medical comments completely based on their personal experiences rather than them being actually medical professionals. It’s also not easy to distinguish them to real professionals on the internet. You certainly don’t know if they are a nurse, doctor, teacher, chef, accountant or an ax murderer. Also, they have a big following- it’s unclear how much they monitor their comment sections and if they would rather identify such comments as fake and indeed mean spirited. They get tons of criticism and also lots of troll comments. 
In my (very personal) experience, real professionals are very careful to hint at anything. Especially in a massive comment section were things get picked up und spun on. And if they are truly concerned - they should always (and in my experience do) go the extra mile and write a DM or Mail because comments get swamped. 

In general we cannot have it both ways- either we want people to come up with unasked advising and tips or not. If we want, there will always be some unhelpful or hurtful and annoying stuff. Just because they were right in Joy’s case doesn’t mean that in the majority there is actually nothing wrong and the parents got worked up for no reason.

21 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

I'm gonna be the odd one out on this issue because it doesn't bother me at all. Seriously, are Paul and Christine supposed to stop having a sex life just because one of their kids got married and is having kids? Parents have sex, even after their kids get married, and if they still happen to be fertile they can get pregnant. I just don't think it's that big of a deal. ?

The problem isn’t that they have sex. The thing is that most children don’t want to be confronted with their parents sex life. Definitely true for me. It’s enough that I know it theoretically but can choose to ignore it. Which is an interesting cognitive dissonance as my sole existence should be reminder enough. I would argue though that with the announcement of a new baby the last thing I think about it is, that those people had sex. I just assume per default they do without even making it an active thought.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 9

Kendra was not conceived out of wedlock.  Her mother was in a serious accident that caused her to go into premature labor.  This was discussed on the show.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

According to this post by fundie Tumblr, Christina was pregnant when she got married. Kendra was also born premature, because of the car accident. The accident explains some of the prematurity, but not all of it. If Kendra had been a honeymoon baby, she would have been two months early, not one. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 6

My youngest was born on August 17th so around the time Kendra would have been due. My first positive pregnancy test with her was Dec. 7th. I just don't see how it would be possible for Kendra to be a honeymoon baby if she wasn't a month early. 

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

Kendra was not conceived out of wedlock.  Her mother was in a serious accident that caused her to go into premature labor.  This was discussed on the show.

As I said earlier, I recently watched the episode where Christina Caldwell discussed this herself. I think It’s the same episode where Jinger had the sex reveal for Ivy. She got into the car accident when she was 36 weeks along, on her way to an OB appt. the accident caused her placenta to begin detaching. She said that she went into labor but Drs were able to stop it, and that it was like that for the next 3 weeks. That means she gave birth at 39 weeks. Not premature.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

The problem isn’t that they have sex. The thing is that most children don’t want to be confronted with their parents sex life. Definitely true for me. It’s enough that I know it theoretically but can choose to ignore it. Which is an interesting cognitive dissonance as my sole existence should be reminder enough. I would argue though that with the announcement of a new baby the last thing I think about it is, that those people had sex. I just assume per default they do without even making it an active thought.

I guess I'm just the odd duck that's never been squeamish about my parents having sex. It was never an uncomfortable topic for me. Hell, my parents and I would crack dirty jokes all the time while my brothers (poor guys) would practically be clutching their pearls. It's always felt strange to me the way some people couldn't handle the reality of their parents having sex. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

5 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

My math (admittedly not my strong point) shows that Kelly was 45 when she had Jeb. 

You are right - I'm sorry. She turned 46 the year that Jeb was born!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I think It’s the same episode where Jinger had the sex reveal for Ivy

That’s supposed to be Felicity. I can still keep track of grandduggars, but not for much longer.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

As I said earlier, I recently watched the episode where Christina Caldwell discussed this herself. I think It’s the same episode where Jinger had the sex reveal for Ivy. She got into the car accident when she was 36 weeks along, on her way to an OB appt. the accident caused her placenta to begin detaching. She said that she went into labor but Drs were able to stop it, and that it was like that for the next 3 weeks. That means she gave birth at 39 weeks. Not premature.

I thought she was born at 36 weeks after the 3 weeks delay so the accident was at 33 weeks.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

I thought she was born at 36 weeks after the 3 weeks delay so the accident was at 33 weeks.

I still have it on my DVR. I’ll watch it tonight but pretty sure she said 36 weeks at time of accident.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I am not sure I agree. It was down to the people that did the ultrasound or her midwife to notice the signs. I mean Joy didn’t make the US herself and I cannot believe her midwife wouldn’t look at it? We have had enough arm chair diagnostics around here and they are banned for good reason (just look at all the development delays, learning disorders and what not have been brought up).

We  don’t know all the details of Annabells pregnancy, however I’m pretty certain that she only got ultrasounds from the boutique places. U/S techs aren’t allowed to diagnose.. they literally just take the pictures and in a medical setting give them to the doctor. It’s very possible in this case that the tech saw something and recommended getting a full medical u/s done from her midwife. They may have decided to wait until the anatomy scan where they found out that Annabell had passed. 

many midwives don’t even do ultrasounds... that’s why the Duggar girls tend to go to the boutiques. I’m talking the CPM route... not CNM. 

Though considering her C section/desire of a vbac she was likely placed in a higher risk category with her pregnancy with Annabell. 

honestly all these pregnancies are kinda running together in my head at this point. 

i really don’t have an opinion on the armchair diagnoses... though they can be hurtful. My dad is assuming my 19 month old daughter is autistic because she isn’t really speaking yet. 

Edited by OldFadedStar
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 3

I posted  

this link

above, but I'm not sure people saw it.  The Tumblr link is well-annotated. Kendra's mom was in the accident at 36 weeks. There's a clip of Christina actually telling the story to Kendra. I watched, but missed the part where she actually didn't give birth for another 3 weeks. So Kendra was born at 39 weeks. Her parents were married in January. She was born in August. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

And since those boutique places are not in the business of diagnosing, do they not offer referrals for questionable findings, or are the providers only trained to look for the sex of the baby? 

I do want to give the G2 Duggars a bit of credit here. It seems that the days of very limited PN care, larger than average weight gains and giant babies, and birthing Willy-Nilly in whatever location beyond a birthing center have decreased, dramatically. Really the only one still tempting fate is Jessa. We will have to see what she does with her next pregnancy and birth. Pretty sure JIll will have a hospital birth and decent PN care with her next one too.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

51 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

We  don’t know all the details of Annabells pregnancy, however I’m pretty certain that she only got ultrasounds from the boutique places. U/S techs aren’t allowed to diagnose.. they literally just take the pictures and in a medical setting give them to the doctor. It’s very possible in this case that the tech saw something and recommended getting a full medical u/s done from her midwife. They may have decided to wait until the anatomy scan where they found out that Annabell had passed. 

many midwives don’t even do ultrasounds... that’s why the Duggar girls tend to go to the boutiques. I’m talking the CPM route... not CNM. 

Though considering her C section/desire of a vbac she was likely placed in a higher risk category with her pregnancy with Annabell. 

honestly all these pregnancies are kinda running together in my head at this point. 

i really don’t have an opinion on the armchair diagnoses... though they can be hurtful. My dad is assuming my 19 month old daughter is autistic because she isn’t really speaking yet. 

My dad thought there was something “wrong” with me because I didn’t really speak until 2.5 years.

I speak fine now. My daughter was also a late talker and you can’t shut her up

• Upvote 1

Even if Kendra was really born at 36 weeks and her mum mixed it up or something, she would have been conceived well before January 17th. That would only add up if she was born around 32 weeks gestation age.

My great-grandma had her first child at age 27 and her nineth and last child at 45. She lived on a farm, she only had a midwife, no ultrasounds back then. She even had one set of twins when she was 37. All of her children were born on the farm, all of them healthy. I'm still amazed by this. But I'm thankful for the prenatal care we have now though.

My son is 2 years old and does not really talk yet. So what could be wrong with him?

• Upvote 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic