IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 14: Who's Addison? They're all Becoming a Giant Blur to Me.

HerNameIsBuffy

There’s been a lot of sneering by ultra fundie ‘Christians’ about this disease- in a way it’s good they are showing their true colours- they don’t care about anyone. The Duggars are media savvy enough to keep quiet about it on SM but you know they feel the same.

i wonder if their Mediccorps trained boys will be  making up food parcels from that well stocked pantry of theirs to take to the elderly and infirm who can’t fight their way through queues at the shops? Maybe if there’s a photo opportunity in it. 

Edited by Idlewild
Typo
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

There’s been a lot of sneering by ultra fundie ‘Christians’ about this disease- in a way it’s good they are showing their true colours- they don’t care about anyone. The Duggars are media savvy enough to keep quiet about it on SM but you know they feel the same.

Bolding mine. 

This. These are the people the Duggars' have chosen to be their religious shepherds. That doesn't give them a blanket "agree-always," but it does in general. So whatever comes out of Paul and Christina Caldwell's mouth that makes you feel like you'd like to fight someone, it's important to remember that JB and Michelle like and approve of their ideas and authority unless they come outright and speak against it. I too like it when they come out and show who they really are like this because it really pulls off the pretty fairy tale mask of perfect family life and just loving Jesus that they want you to focus on. So keep posting Caldwells, and whomever was @'ing TLC in the comments, yes, keep doing that too. 

• Upvote 26

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

wonder if their Mediccorps trained boys will be  making up food parcels from that well stocked pantry of theirs to take to the elderly and infirm who can’t fight their way through queues at the shops? Maybe if there’s a photo opportunity in it. 

If anything MedicCorp will be stealing from the sick and elderly for fun and profit.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 8

8 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

Yep. And they opted not to get the recommended mri for the lump on the baby’s back ? 

WTF?! Hope for the baby sake it is something "benign" like a spina bifida occulta without tethering or a lipoma, and not, you know, a teratoma or some other form of cancer. Do you have a link for this? Instagram? I'm SEETHING, and this makes me reconsider my "do not interact on Instagram"-policy.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

Wow, Caldwell family. Just wow. People are rightfully pretty furious in the comments. 

Screenshot_20200315_124718.thumb.jpg.a2767d0ec79ab1a40bbc47656ec1e443.jpg

(Can someone please teach me how to insert an Instagram post as a clickable?) 

Edited by HideousGreenShirt
Riffles
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

Ahh yes, fundies, pro-life except for in instances where they can actually prevent the deaths of children, elderly, and people in general. Fetuses only.

• Upvote 22
  • Love 1

Looks like they went on a family trip to Philly a few days ago. Their decision making skills are very suspect right now. And to think we gave them credit for giving birth in a hospital.

• Upvote 16

1 hour ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Wow, Caldwell family. Just wow. People are rightfully pretty furious in the comments. 

I just saw this, too.  They're getting a lot of pushback in the comments.

(The way I've been able to put this in a spoiler is to write a comment, click on the spoiler eye icon, go to the Instagram post in another window and copy the address, then paste the address in the spoiler box.)

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Our church is scaling back: no communion, no sharing the peace, no coffee hour. Bummer. I only go for the wine and coffee. ? . I was looking for the psalm in my kindle, and found this in psalm 18 20. Because my hands were clean, he rewarded me. That must be the Caldwell's thinking.

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

If you're on your computer just copy & paste the URL. If you're on the app/mobile click the three "..." (dots) in the top right corner (across from the username) and select copy link. Paste the link in your comment here and press enter.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

On 3/14/2020 at 11:19 PM, Perrierwithlemon said:

not only are they selfish but blatantly ignorant and super racist.... 

I don’t doubt you’re right and they are racists but it’s been a long day, I’m tired and I just can’t get how this particular statement you referred to is indeed racist. It’s stupid, ignorant and outright mean to essentially mock people who have reason to fear getting sick with Corona. But would you or someone else understanding this please explain the racist connotation to me? Thanks so much! 

• I Agree 2

1 minute ago, FluffySnowball said:

I don’t doubt you’re right and they are racists but it’s been a long day, I’m tired and I just can’t get how this particular statement you referred to is indeed racist. It’s stupid, ignorant and outright mean to essentially mock people who have reason to fear getting sick with Corona. But would you or someone else understanding this please explain the racist connotation to me? Thanks so much! 

The Pandemic photo is Asian people. I'm guessing this is what the OP was talking about. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

They turned comments off for that most recent and ignorant post. Probably because 95% of the comments were negative. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Ahh yes, fundies, pro-life except for in instances where they can actually prevent the deaths of children, elderly, and people in general. Fetuses only.

Totally agree with the complete and utter hypocrisy of their so-called "pro-life" stance, but in this case, they're not even protecting the lives of their precious "pre-born children."

As someone who is currently gestating a fetus, I'm terrified of some ignorant asshole like the Caldwells infecting me and potentially risking my baby's life. Go to hell, you fucktards!

• Upvote 12
  • Love 7

4 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Of course! Thanks for asking. @allthegoodnamesrgone was correct. I interpreted the photo on the right as "racist" because it's of an Asian woman and the "them" (especially in "ready to let them shut down your city?") as the Chinese people as a whole. Earlier when the virus was just coming out of China, there was a some racial bias that any Asian could be infected, even if they weren't even Chinese or had visited China recently. 

Regardless of the implied/passive/covert racism, I really hate all the rather threatening questions/language used in the photo on the right. "Are you good and scared yet?" -- who says that? "Ready to let them shut down your city?" -- my university is closed, and many stores in malls are closed. I am glad that we are taking the precautions to #flattenthecurve. "Ready to let them lock you in your house?" -- why such fear tactic and anxiety-inducing language? "Ready to let them inject you with poisons?" -- if by "poisons" they mean vaccines, then, by all means, yes. I don't exactly know who the "them" is in the questions (the Chinese? the government? scientists and doctors?), but I don't like how it's so negatively written and fear-inducing for their followers. What you said about how "It’s stupid, ignorant and outright mean to essentially mock people who have reason to fear getting sick with Corona" perfectly sums up my feelings about those statements. 

Here are some articles that talk about anti-Asian racism in relation to the COVID-19 (in case you or anyone else would like to read more about it): How COVID-19 Coronavirus Is Uncovering Anti-Asian Racism and Racism Is Alive and Well: Terror Control in the Time Of COVID19

Spoiler

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They turned comments off for that most recent and ignorant post. Probably because 95% of the comments were negative. 

Well the Duggars have learned from this and put a very bland statement about looking after others and trusting God.

you can imagine JB hissing at the Caldwells ‘idiots, we don’t let people know how hateful we are until after the cheques have cashed’.

• Upvote 10

Ok...so who is "them"?? Do they mean the county, state, or government, etc.? Assuming the Caldwells have no one who is at risk in their family. I understand them wanting to keep up their lifestyle because faith and what scripture says about fear not and trust in God. But the post was very unnecessary and hope the comments were an eye opener for them.

• I Agree 2

I don't wish Corona virus on anyone (except maybe on some dictators of the world who slaughter and enslave their own people) but if someone "should" get it, it's assholes like the Caldwells who spread utter bullshit both on social media and also in real life.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I don’t believe in jinxing yourself. But I do think this kind of publixbehavior can come back and bite you in the ass. Similar to the Utah Jazz player acting like people were overreacting to Coronavirus and then he got it. If the Caldwell’s end up with Coronavirus, they will end up looking really stupid. I mean, they already look stupid. But they will look even worse if they do contract Coronavirus. 

• Upvote 12

On 3/15/2020 at 5:22 AM, lizzybee said:

Bolding mine. 

This. These are the people the Duggars' have chosen to be their religious shepherds. That doesn't give them a blanket "agree-always," but it does in general. So whatever comes out of Paul and Christina Caldwell's mouth that makes you feel like you'd like to fight someone, it's important to remember that JB and Michelle like and approve of their ideas and authority unless they come outright and speak against it. I too like it when they come out and show who they really are like this because it really pulls off the pretty fairy tale mask of perfect family life and just loving Jesus that they want you to focus on. So keep posting Caldwells, and whomever was @'ing TLC in the comments, yes, keep doing that too. 

And the influencers need to remember this as well. Ignorant, irresponsible, selfish people are not good company role models or spokespeople.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

36 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And the influencers need to remember this as well. Ignorant, irresponsible, selfish people are not good company role models or spokespeople.

Has Kendra had any paid partnerships?  
shortly after their marriage she and Joe were seen delivering leaflets on behalf of Caldwell’s church so even if the rest of the Duggars try to distance themselves, these 2 are steeped in it. 
They'll pass themselves off as giggling Kendra and plate lickin Joe but they are just as dangerous. 

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I don't wish Corona virus on anyone (except maybe on some dictators of the world who slaughter and enslave their own people) but if someone "should" get it, it's assholes like the Caldwells who spread utter bullshit both on social media and also in real life.

Exactly. And from that post, are they outing themselves as antivaxxers?

I too am glad when these people show their true, insane and ugly colors to the world. Especially considering the Duggars have claimed Paul Caldwell is their pastor. 

Guess I spoke too soon about Shoelace Gate 2020™️ being the most controversial thing about this branch of the family. 

• Upvote 3

I would assume that the “they” referred to is the government. This is just based on the fundies in my life. They are filling Facebook with posts about being told to have church online and such. It is maddening.

• I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic