IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 14: Who's Addison? They're all Becoming a Giant Blur to Me.

HerNameIsBuffy

Addy and Gracie both sleep in their family’s spare BR. Gracie’s changing table has a big printer on it, because her room is also the family’s office. Also, one of the most prominent items in both Bella’s and Gracie’s rooms is their display of bows. I think Joe and Kendra need to ditch the spare bed. Who needs to sleep over at their house? How about getting a blow up mattress? If they have a boy, I’m betting Garrett will go in a toddler bed, and the new LO will go in a pack and play in his BR. If they have a girl, I wonder if they’ll just stick another PP in the spare BR? I agree with whoever said Michelle and Kelly 2.0 for Kendra.

4 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Maybe Addison used to sleep in a bassinet, but recently outgrew it, and they mistimed it with when Garrett could move to a toddler bed, and Addison to the crib. 

Addy probably stayed in the bedroom with Joe and Kendra until recently, so that's why they haven't finished her nursery. 

She’s pretty big. Are bassinets considered safe after the first couple of months? Although she could have been in her parents’ home in the P and P. 

• Upvote 4

I feel like the crib situation is just a repeat of the same car seat situation they were in before.. It seems like a completely reasonable decision for family only having two children to make do with the baby temporarily using a pack and play after they have outgrown the bassinet, while waiting for the older child to outgrow the crib. But knowing that this family will have as many children  as they possibly can, it seems shortsighted to put off buying another crib. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

My daughter also doesn't have a room yet. And my son got his own room when he was about 8 months old. He used to sleep in the bassinet before. That's also where his sister is sleeping right now. When she outgrows the bassinet she will move into her brother's room and will probably get his crib. She won't have to sleep in a Pack and Play though. If we need another crib we will buy one.

There are no toys or books or bows in my son's (soon to be my childrens') room but there is a printer. And the changing table is in the office where my husband is currently working because of Covid.

I don't mind for Addison not having a nursery but I really hope that the poor girl doesn't have to sleep in that small Pack and Play on a regular basis.

• Upvote 4

Considering they are going to have a bajillion kids, the Duggars have that huge storage shed filled with baby and child crap, and one of the ladies’ favorite pastimes is to go to those giant baby and kid resale events, I’m shocked that these folks don’t have more baby/kid stuff (evident). Maybe they do, but it’s hidden or packed away? 
IMO, this is just another one of those things that makes me scratch my head. Babies and children are their business. Uncontrolled reproduction is why they have a public audience and are known. Their show is called COUNTING on; everything is predicated on producing more babies, yet what they seem to have to stimulate, entertain, encourage and care for these blessings seems so lackluster. It’s odd to me. They have money enough for everyone to be driving around in big, newer cars, yet a 10 month old sleeps in a P and P? It’s like the kids are an after thought. I hate that approach. They need to stop having kids. Can you imagine what it will be like when #5 rolls around in 2 years time?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Considering they are going to have a bajillion kids, the Duggars have that huge storage shed filled with baby and child crap, and one of the ladies’ favorite pastimes is to go to those giant baby and kid resale events, I’m shocked that these folks don’t have more baby/kid stuff (evident). Maybe they do, but it’s hidden or packed away? 
IMO, this is just another one of those things that makes me scratch my head. Babies and children are their business. Uncontrolled reproduction is why they have a public audience and are known. Their show is called COUNTING on; everything is predicated on producing more babies, yet what they seem to have to stimulate, entertain, encourage and care for these blessings seems so lackluster. It’s odd to me. They have money enough for everyone to be driving around in big, newer cars, yet a 10 month old sleeps in a P and P? It’s like the kids are an after thought. I hate that approach. They need to stop having kids. Can you imagine what it will be like when #5 rolls around in 2 years time?

I just recently watched the ep where they upgraded their pram (to fit two kids). Idiots wanted one that could fit the car capsule in/on the brand. (brilliant idea, loved mine,)  It didn't because they did not do their research and pick the right pram/carseat combo. My understanding from previous dealings is that they are are usually sold as sets as in the same brand fits its brand and another brand wont. I rolled my eyes so hard at that. What a waste of money. what annoys me about that is that they knew they were going to have a brand new baby while still having a baby and most probably will be in a similar situation for the next 20 years, why not have a spare cot or two. You can pick them up super cheap on fb market place. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

21 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I just recently watched the ep where they upgraded their pram (to fit two kids). Idiots wanted one that could fit the car capsule in/on the brand. (brilliant idea, loved mine,)  It didn't because they did not do their research and pick the right pram/carseat combo. My understanding from previous dealings is that they are are usually sold as sets as in the same brand fits its brand and another brand wont. I rolled my eyes so hard at that. What a waste of money. what annoys me about that is that they knew they were going to have a brand new baby while still having a baby and most probably will be in a similar situation for the next 20 years, why not have a spare cot or two. You can pick them up super cheap on fb market place. 

Just wanted to say that I love the amount of non-American English baby equipment terms that you managed to fit into this post. The voice in my head read this in an Australian accent. 
On a side note, I absolutely agree with the sentiment behind the post. They managed to spend more money by trying to save money because they didn’t do their research....

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Scoodilypoop said:

Just wanted to say that I love the amount of non-American English baby equipment terms that you managed to fit into this post. The voice in my head read this in an Australian accent. 
On a side note, I absolutely agree with the sentiment behind the post. They managed to spend more money by trying to save money because they didn’t do their research....

here is another one for you a pack and play is a porta cot Downunder as in portable cot :) 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

here is another one for you a pack and play is a porta cot Downunder as in portable cot :) 

That's what a pack and play is?! People in my bumper groups always talk about the baby sleeping in a pack and play and I was always confused. I don't think it would be very comfortable to sleep in a portacot for months on end.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, baldricks_turnip said:

That's what a pack and play is?! People in my bumper groups always talk about the baby sleeping in a pack and play and I was always confused. I don't think it would be very comfortable to sleep in a portacot for months on end.

yeah it was always weird to me because i would not consider a port a cot to put a kid to play in but to sleep. so if they called it a pack a crib I would find it more fitting. they are not very comfortable and I know people who have had to add more padding when camping. plus it would be awful on your back picking up and lowering and every growing child into one. edit to add they are also called travel cots here too but hey same same.

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 2

Well TLC Joe & Kendra just spoon fed you a three episode plot line for next season - putting together a nursery for Addy & the new baby! 

I feel like they thought by the time Addy showed up Garrett would be in his toddler bed but he isn't and since Addy was born during that run of 2019 babies, it was likely that no one had a spare crib they could move around. I think if the baby is a boy it'll share with Garrett, and if it's a girl they'll share with Addy. That doesn't really explain why in the time that she might've been in the bassinet in their room, they didn't have the lost boys come over and remove the spare bed and have Jana put something together while keeping the pack & play until Garrett does outgrow his crib.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

I call a pack and play a travel cot, becuase you use it when you travel and it can travel around.

The Lullaby trust (charity for prevention of SIDS and support of bereaved parents) advises all the usual SIDS prevention guidelines apply. I was wondering if theywere safe for long term use, but turns out that that is why the mattrass is harder.

They have super helpful and clear advice and I have just found a whole section about social media influencers showing babies in unsafe sleeping situations and the slight rise in SIDS in 2016 in the UK. Interesting, useful for me for work and very well written.

Edited by medimus
clicked too soon
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

I definitely didn’t make the connection between a travel cot and pack and play. I thought they are completely different things. A travel cot is for sleeping- not as comfortable as a real bed (and you definitely often have to get a separate mattress otherwise it’s too hard) but ok if you don’t have a real bed/cot for them. A pack and play was a play pen in my mind. 

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

yeah it was always weird to me because i would not consider a port a cot to put a kid to play in but to sleep. so if they called it a pack a crib I would find it more fitting. they are not very comfortable and I know people who have had to add more padding when camping. plus it would be awful on your back picking up and lowering and every growing child into one. edit to add they are also called travel cots here too but hey same same.

We use our pack and play as a crib when we travel. But I also use it occasionally to put the baby in while I make dinner or help the older one with something. It’s pretty much used as a (hopefully) short term play pen around here. You also see people bring it outside to the Pool or sports games when they have older kids so the baby can play without wandering off. They’ll even put a sheet over the top for shade. My first wasn’t a fan. But he was a very finicky baby. My baby now likes it in their but the space it takes up is not always worth it to me. 

• Upvote 2

Well, I think all the youngest Duggar girls (And Jackson) slept in a pack and play when they were older because the new baby slept in the crib in the alcove of JB and M’s room. The toddler would then move to the girls’ room and into a P and P. I’m not sure what they did with the first 14 kids. They probably used more than 1 P and P in the old house. Limited space and lots of back to back babies (Jana, JD, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joe and Josiah, Joy, Jed and Jer) would likely have necessitated their use. Just typing all those names and thinking of their birth dates indicates the level of their pregnancy pathology.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

We had a pack n play but rarely used it, the rare occasions we traveled were to see family & they always had a spare crib laying around somewhere, good breeding Catholics and all. We were broke & the kids both suffered from horrible car sickness, nothing like stopping every 45 minutes to clean up barf, ? ? and flying was not an option. Vacations didn't happen, until DS outgrew his carsickness & DD was able to take Dramamine. I sold the pack n play and bought a regular playpen shortly after DD was born I kept her in there when I needed to use the bathroom or shower, or do anything because if I laid her on the floor DS would in his little 2.5 yr old mind think she was a good place to sit. It took up less space and was much better for naps at least with my kid. 

• Upvote 2

Remember, folks, this 3rd pregnancy was a complete surprise! They had other plans for Garrett and Addison's sleeping arrangements because they never thought in a million years they could become pregnant after having unprotected sex. Now they've found out they are extra special. JB must be so proud of them!

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 26

My 7.5 month old is currently sleeping in a mini crib in our room. Its about the same size as a pack and play in the mattress area but its higher off the floor and uses an actual mattress. My babe is 90th for height but she has plenty of space in the mini crib with room to grow. Both my kids end up sleeping in one end of their cribs anyway. My son (2.5) is still in his full sized crib but I swear he only ever sleeps on the one half of it. 

As far as pack n plays, I currently have one setup in my office that I use for containment. I work from 5-7am before I get the kids up for daycare so if baby decides to wake up earlier than that she has to spend some time in baby jail while I finish up my work. Both my kids have no problems sleeping in pack n plays though. We stayed with family for like 12 nights and I was worried the kids would be uncomfortable and wouldn't sleep in them but they did just fine and slept better than I ever expected :confusion-shrug:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

My daughter did sleep in a pack n play (we'd call it a travel cot) for a brief while, as she had outgrown the side sleeper she was in from birth and we were behind on renovation work so her bedroom wasn't ready yet. I don't think I was ready for her to sleep in a separate room anyway. But I'd never have considered it an even medium-term option, and I'd certainly not have let anybody put it on TV like we were happy with it!

In the event she absolutely hated not being able to see out of it particularly as it was placed right by our bed which was probably quite claustrophobic. She'd get really frantic if I put her down awake. We actually ended up skipping the traditional cot altogether and transitioning straight to a cute floor bed, which has worked well for us but I guess wouldn't for Joe and Kendra who will probably want to contain their millions of babies in some way.

• Upvote 1

We had a basket type bassinet, that me and my sisters used when we were babies, for Miniway when he was born and later a cot with a really expensive organic mattress. Then a nice toddler bed in his room and now a normal single bed that can be made in to a double if we have guests. 

Total amount of nights he’s slept by himself in all of these nice beds: maybe 5, max 10. He’s 6,5 years old and is lying right next to me sleeping right now. But he is my only child and  I will enjoy sleeping next to him for as long as he’ll let me. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

We had a basket type bassinet, that me and my sisters used when we were babies, for Miniway when he was born and later a cot with a really expensive organic mattress. Then a nice toddler bed in his room and now a normal single bed that can be made in to a double if we have guests. 

Total amount of nights he’s slept by himself in all of these nice beds: maybe 5, max 10. He’s 6,5 years old and is lying right next to me sleeping right now. But he is my only child and  I will enjoy sleeping next to him for as long as he’ll let me. 

By GD is nearing 6.5 too, and despite having had a beautiful crib that her papa made, a toddler bed and now bunk beds, again, made by her papa, she has probably slept by herself maybe 30 times. I think I was the only person to ever put her in her crib, and I don’t even live on the same continent. LOL! 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

We use our pack and play as a crib when we travel. But I also use it occasionally to put the baby in while I make dinner or help the older one with something. It’s pretty much used as a (hopefully) short term play pen around here. You also see people bring it outside to the Pool or sports games when they have older kids so the baby can play without wandering off. They’ll even put a sheet over the top for shade. My first wasn’t a fan. But he was a very finicky baby. My baby now likes it in their but the space it takes up is not always worth it to me. 

I can totally see the point of that at sports games, I think Aussies just can't be bothered carting them to games as I don't see them very often. I used my port a cot for when she had sleep over at other people's house, they are a blessing, I am glad I got mine second hand because I did not get my moneys worth out of mine.

6 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

My 7.5 month old is currently sleeping in a mini crib in our room. Its about the same size as a pack and play in the mattress area but its higher off the floor and uses an actual mattress. My babe is 90th for height but she has plenty of space in the mini crib with room to grow. Both my kids end up sleeping in one end of their cribs anyway. My son (2.5) is still in his full sized crib but I swear he only ever sleeps on the one half of it. 

As far as pack n plays, I currently have one setup in my office that I use for containment. I work from 5-7am before I get the kids up for daycare so if baby decides to wake up earlier than that she has to spend some time in baby jail while I finish up my work. Both my kids have no problems sleeping in pack n plays though. We stayed with family for like 12 nights and I was worried the kids would be uncomfortable and wouldn't sleep in them but they did just fine and slept better than I ever expected :confusion-shrug:

baby gaol ba ha ha love it 

7 hours ago, Bobology said:

Remember, folks, this 3rd pregnancy was a complete surprise! They had other plans for Garrett and Addison's sleeping arrangements because they never thought in a million years they could become pregnant after having unprotected sex. Now they've found out they are extra special. JB must be so proud of them!

Did they really say that? Does she still not know how babies are made? I don't think he cares about how babies are made so as long as he gets to ejaculate (she can't actually refuse sex as told by Ma Duggar (duggar women don't say no)), but surely by now these two have figured out how babies are made and that god really has nothing to do with it, right? 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

People in my bumper groups always talk about the baby sleeping in a pack and play and I was always confused.

Ignorant here.  What is a bumper group?  And what is a car capsule? Both things sound terribly exciting!!!

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Ignorant here.  What is a bumper group?  And what is a car capsule? Both things sound terribly exciting!!!

car capsule is a car seat for babies eg

https://www.target.com.au/p/recaro-performance-coupe-infant-car-seat-base-onyx/63196603?utm_term=63196603&utm_content=recaro-performance-coupe-infant-car-seat-base-onyx&utm_source=google&utm_medium=merchant-site&utm_campaign=merchant-site&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1cG6zfTu6wIVUHRgCh34MgeTEAQYASABEgJxSPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

bumper group? I was wondering that myself.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

59 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

A bumper group is a internet based mothers group for those sharing the same month of due dates. So I'm a December 2017 bumper and an April 2020 bumper.

• Thank You 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic