IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 14: Who's Addison? They're all Becoming a Giant Blur to Me.

HerNameIsBuffy

8 hours ago, EmiSue said:

I did try a cup but wasn't a fan. I'm glad it worked for you and so many of the ladies in this thread! I used huge pads more than tampons. Wasn't a fan of those either...

Oh the cup thing took a lot of effort, it wasn't an easy switch. I can't even remember why I was so determined at the time, except I had a few friends that raved about them. But it took 5 or 6 different cups, and maybe 8? months before I found something that was comfortable and didn't leak. The cup I ended up using I trimmed off the stem and turned it inside out to get a good seal . Then it needed to be replaced and they had discontinued it so I had to start over again. But that time I already had an idea of what I wanted so I only had to try out 2. It certainly wasn't a "green" way to start though. 

I've always had issues with getting rashes from pads. The reusable ones are a bit better but I can't even wear Thinx for very long before having issues.

In any case having options is a good thing!

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the intense vibe that the all-caps birthday message for Michelle that the Caldwell family put out gave. 

20200914_212320.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 19

1 hour ago, wendy-sparkles said:

I really enjoyed the intense vibe that the all-caps birthday message for Michelle that the Caldwell family put out gave. 

20200914_212320.jpg

WE KNOW THE DUGGARS! LOOK EVERYONE AT THIS PICTURE. ?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6

So riddle me this...why does a Baptist church in the DC area send a young, attractive family to start a church plant in NW Arkansas?  I mean, you can start church plants anywhere, but NWA isn’t exactly a hotbed of godlessness, and I’m sure there were plenty of existing Baptist churches in the area. They also send them in 2008, when the Duggars are just starting to get popuIar.

Things that make you go hmmmm....

ETA: The Caldwells’ sending church is still supporting them, according to their website. I know it’s typical for sending churches to support missionaries in foreign countries for many years, but wouldn’t there be a plan for a US-based  plant to become independent? I don’t know, is 12+ years of support typical/atypical? 

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 19

If you can't make a church work in 12 years in NW Arkansas you either aren't a very good preacher or have beliefs so out there that you're too much even for Arkansas. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 6
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

So riddle me this...why does a Baptist church in the DC area send a young, attractive family to start a church plant in NW Arkansas?  I mean, you can start church plants anywhere, but NWA isn’t exactly a hotbed of godlessness, and I’m sure there were plenty of existing Baptist churches in the area. They also send them in 2008, when the Duggars are just starting to get popuIar.

ETA: The Caldwells’ sending church is still supporting them, according to their website. I know it’s typical for sending churches to support missionaries in foreign countries for many years, but wouldn’t there be a plan for a US-based  plant to become independent? I don’t know, is 12+ years of support typical/atypical? 

I would be curious if the parent church controls the finances of all its plants 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

If you can't make a church work in 12 years in NW Arkansas you either aren't a very good preacher or have beliefs so out there that you're too much even for Arkansas. 

Let’s just say the Caldwells’ church comes off as very insular, much like the Duggars. There is no discernible public outreach other than the infamous homophobic pamphlet distro in 2015, their social media presence is limited (a little FB, no IG) and screams right-wing beliefs and ‘‘We ❤️ Trump!!1!’  The few pictures of the congregation reveal there are few, if any, minority members. The Caldwells also present themselves as far right on their personal social media...not exactly welcoming to the LGBT+, Hispanic and Marshallese populations in NWA. 

https://www.nwahomepage.com/news/church-pamphlet-offending-some-residents/

Grammer
  • Upvote 8

4 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

The short answer is franchising. 

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever see a church plant that was sent out to truly bring in unchurched people. A lot of white “nondenominational” churches will move into minority neighborhoods with huge new facilities and a shit ton of services (childcare, camps, food pantry) and basically drain existing local churches of their membership. It’s all a numbers game, and most have very strong ideas of what the right kind of Christians are.  

There’s also a discussion to be had about targeting immigrant communities (especially African) because they’re “not those kind of black people”. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

I honestly don’t think I’ve ever see a church plant that was sent out to truly bring in unchurched people. A lot of white “nondenominational” churches will move into minority neighborhoods with huge new facilities and a shit ton of services (childcare, camps, food pantry) and basically drain existing local churches of their membership. It’s all a numbers game, and most have very strong ideas of what the right kind of Christians are.  

There’s also a discussion to be had about targeting immigrant communities (especially African) because they’re “not those kind of black people”. 

If that was the intent, then I’d say the Caldwells have failed miserably ?.  The congregation still seems pretty small and very white, they have a modest church building, and don’t appear to offer anything of value to the local community, other than a place for people like themselves to worship. 

• Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

My fast her in law works for one of those “churches” absolutely bullshit if you ask me. They put on a million dollar (yes you read that right) Christmas shows while they sit in the middle of a Poor neighborhood that’s struggles to get themselves and their children nessisary  things let alone giving their kids Christmas gifts. Those mega churches are a disgrace if you ask me. But ask them and they’re the only ones doing it right. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

My in-laws started a church plant I guess. They moved to a larger suburb but there were no churches in the area that belonged to their synod. They started meeting with folks in a conference room at a hotel I think until they had enough people to get financial support from the synod and then built their own church. I think they've been up and running in their church for like 15 years now? Its not a big church by any means and the congregation is relatively small but they've gradually grown in membership over the years. I haven't seen them do anything negative to the community, they were just like minded people who wanted to worship together. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

If that was the intent, then I’d say the Caldwells have failed miserably ?.  The congregation still seems pretty small and very white, they have a modest church building, and don’t appear to offer anything of value to the local community, other than a place for people like themselves to worship. 

In the Caldwell’s case I think it truly is just franchising. The main church office can say “we have x members in y churches across z communities!” This helps them look better on grant applications and fundraising literature. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, purple_summer said:

In the Caldwell’s case I think it truly is just franchising. The main church office can say “we have x members in y churches across z communities!” This helps them look better on grant applications and fundraising literature. 

I can’t help but think their sending church wanted to capitalize on the Duggars’ growing fame to accomplish this. The choice of NWA still is very odd to me, unless there was an ulterior motive.  If that was the case, guess that didn’t work out as well as they thought it would. 

:isb:

Knew there was an idle speculation bus
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Let’s just say the Caldwells’ church comes off as very insular, much like the Duggars. There is no discernible public outreach other than the infamous homophobic pamphlet distro in 2015, their social media presence is limited (a little FB, no IG) and screams right-wing beliefs and ‘‘We ❤️ Trump!!1!’  The few pictures of the congregation reveal there are few, if any, minority members. The Caldwells also present themselves as far right on their personal social media...not exactly welcoming to the LGBT+, Hispanic and Marshallese populations in NWA. 

https://www.nwahomepage.com/news/church-pamphlet-offending-some-residents/

I think small, white, and insular is what they’re going for. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Apologies if this video has already been posted.

So in keeping with the name of this thread, Joe and Kendra apparently also forget about Addy. This video of a tour of Garrett and Addison's nurseries. Garrett's room is nice and furnished. Addy's "room" is a pack and play in a corner of the guest room. I'm not sure when this was posted, but joken had at least a year from finding out Kendra was pregnant to this video to sort out a room for Addy. Now Kendra is pregnant again and Addy is still sleeping in a pack and play. 

https://www.tlcme.com/garrett-duggars-nursery-tour-5453271

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

54 minutes ago, DigDug said:

So in keeping with the name of this thread, Joe and Kendra apparently also forget about Addy. This video of a tour of Garrett and Addison's nurseries. Garrett's room is nice and furnished. Addy's "room" is a pack and play in a corner of the guest room. I'm not sure when this was posted, but joken had at least a year from finding out Kendra was pregnant to this video to sort out a room for Addy. Now Kendra is pregnant again and Addy is still sleeping in a pack and play. 

I can't load the video (maybe because i'm not in the usa?) but unless they've changed it significantly, Garrett's nursery was put together by Jana and Jessa to announce Kendra's pregnancy to their families. So it sounds like Joe and Kendra have put a similar amount of effort into each, really.

Edited by wendy-sparkles
grammar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, DigDug said:

Wow, you were... not exaggerating. Poor Addison. Not that she notices or cares where she sleeps at this age, but it's obvious how much effort and care was put into Garrett's room; and hers is less than an afterthought.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 6

26 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Wow, you were... not exaggerating. Poor Addison. Not that she notices or cares where she sleeps at this age, but it's obvious how much effort and care was put into Garrett's room; and hers is less than an afterthought.

That’s what happens when you get pregnant so soon after your first baby. No one will have a nice room from here on out. It will just become like the Duggars and there will be a girls room and a boys room. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

Damn couldn’t even get the girl a real crib. Those pack n plays are hard as rocks neither of my kids will/can sleep in them. It’s not a lack of money - they could’ve decorated on TLCs dime like everyone else. I’m curious if they thought they could get Garrett out of his crib faster maybe?

• Upvote 3

Ugh pack and play. So my third and last blessing... well I’ll just say it - all us adults are babying her. I’m complicit I can’t deny it. It annoys me the most but here I am still doing it. She won’t sleep in the spare bed at grandma and grandpa’s. She still wants her pack and play (with a mattress no less)... and here at home she isn’t in a twin bed yet... she wants her toddler bed. I keep saying we should move her up but they say if she’s happy in them why bother... oof. Totally OT, sorry.

• Upvote 3

On 8/24/2020 at 2:25 AM, Daisy0322 said:

Oh man ... I’m not sure I’m ready haha but I really really appreciate the explanation. I’m currently in pelvic PT due to some shitty pregnancies and deliveries and Im ready to just grow the whole vagina away at this point 

This is old now but I just want to say I’m sorry and I feel your pain. I never thought I’d spend my whole savings paying someone $300/hr to hurt me so much. I hope you’re doing better now. If not, I just want to share that Valium suppositories are amazing. 

• Love 4

That might as well have been a video of, here is our favorite child Garrett's room oh and this is where we toss the other one.   I was all excited about their book selection, Goodnight Moon (Our favorite) The Hungry Caterpillar & a few that I recognize but don't remember the titles, these are books that aren't Jesus stories, they are GASP secular. Then I saw poor Addy's corner. 

That video looks pretty recent, Addison looks pretty much the same as she does in the  pregnancy announcement from last month, meaning she's at least 9 months old, so they've had nearly 18 months to get that baby a crib. I hope at the very least she's got a real mattress, she's getting too big to sleep in something so small, and from what I recall of pack & plays the thin mattress wasn't the most comfortable.  What are they going to with blessing #3? If its a girl does she get to share the pack n play and a boy he gets the crib?   Ladies & Gentlemen I think we have our 1st contestant for the 2nd gen Michelle/Kelly. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

1 hour ago, lumpentheologie said:

This is old now but I just want to say I’m sorry and I feel your pain. I never thought I’d spend my whole savings paying someone $300/hr to hurt me so much. I hope you’re doing better now. If not, I just want to share that Valium suppositories are amazing. 

Thank you it’s slow going but better. Due to some really significant sexual abuse they just instruct me on the dialators and I do it at home myself. I use a vibration technique and it works beautifully. It pretty much just numbs everything. In office they re-aligne my hips a lot (probably why I needed the c sections), do a lot if cupping on my muscles, break up scar tissue under my c section scar that was causing me to shallow breath, etc. Luckily I only pay 15$ a hour. Tricare is the shit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 7

Maybe Addison used to sleep in a bassinet, but recently outgrew it, and they mistimed it with when Garrett could move to a toddler bed, and Addison to the crib. 

Addy probably stayed in the bedroom with Joe and Kendra until recently, so that's why they haven't finished her nursery. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic