IGNORED

Executive Departments 4

GreyhoundFan

Wherein McConnell proves once again that he’s a self-serving hypocrite.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

I work for the government in an  executive branch department.

An email went out from a political appointee manager wishing us happy holidays, and how they were looking forward to a great year ahead. 

Yea, sure Jan. Their new year is 19 days long. Come day 20 there’s a new sheriff in town 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

It's as if this sham administration were trying to look stupid:

image.png.95b098211edf86b9d2d598d13a2a27ca.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

Trump appointee. When America is bringing their people they're not bringing their best. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

I know there’s a lot more going on this week than the ongoing destruction of the US Postal Service, but ...

this week in the mail, I received two Christmas cards that were mailed on December 6 and December 7, as well as a package that was mailed to me from the city approximately 300 miles away in OCTOBER.  I still have not received the Christmas card from my FIL, mailed around Dec. 15th.  Mortgage coupons sent from my lender IN MY SAME TOWN in mid-December are also MIA. I cannot imagine how of people who rely on the mail for unemployment checks and the like are managing!

Has Louis DeJoy resigned yet?  One can hope. 

• Upvote 12

Poor Pompouseo, nobody wants to see him. He has to find other ways to waste taxpayer money over the next week.

image.png.783f8b9ffe16aa7b4bc869fe19d6d6fc.png

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Poor Pompouseo, nobody wants to see him. He has to find other ways to waste taxpayer money over the next week.

image.png.783f8b9ffe16aa7b4bc869fe19d6d6fc.png

Why would anyone want to see him now? He has nothing to offer. He'll be out in 8 days, less if you count travel time. The only thing he could possibly get out of this visit is grift, the chance to flee, or both. Fat chance of that, after all the ridicule and nastiness and stupidity Trump and his representatives threw out over the world. And let's not forget the bullying and attempted extortion of Ukraine. America* may have decided to look the other way, but Europe sure hasn't.

*meaning the Republican Senate, not the American people

ETA: and as for Iran, as @AmazonGrace posted as I was typing up my reply, there is a snowball's chance in hell of Europe playing along with that little game. They wanted to keep the Iran deal in place and were not amused (to put it mildly) when Trump blew it up.

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

I quit! You can't fire me if I quit!

What a sham symbolic gesture. He’s leaving office on the very day he would have had to leave anyway. And if he thinks that resigning and mouthing words about the insurrection ten days after they happened will favor his chances of getting a new job, he can think again. Nobody will forget his role in the most corrupt administration in American history. 

• Upvote 8

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I quit! You can't fire me if I quit!

So he's quitting...on the same day his job ended?  Because staying until the end makes sense why?

• Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

So he's quitting...on the same day his job ended?  Because staying until the end makes sense why?

From his letter:  "With the pandemic raging, the continued need to deliver vaccines and therapeutics to the American people, and the imperative of ensuring a smooth transition to the Biden Administration, I have determined that it is in the best interest of the people we serve to remain as Secretary until the end of the term,"

If he means that and will truly work toward a smooth handoff, I will give him a tiny bit of credit here.  However, he waited too long to condemn Trump's perfidy and treason, and he will still forever be covered in Trump Stink.  

• Upvote 7