IGNORED

Rusty Thomas' Daughter Dies

JermajestyDuggar

On 4/29/2018 at 9:34 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It might just be what their groups do. I’m pretty sure I’ve heard Lisa Metzger call her family the Metzger Nation. I think these insane abortion protest groups like to pump themselves up by using these titles.

Yes, Metzger Nation (another abortion protester) does this. It seems to also be a quiverfull family thing, combined with extreme anti-abortion families.

• Upvote 2

http://web-extract.constantcontact.com/v1/social_annotation?permalink_uri=2JF3u6s&image_url=https%3A%2F%2Fmlsvc01-prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2F4e1eddb9001%2F662863a8-acbd-4ca5-9e9d-5229d28f0ef4.jpg%3Fver%3D1525190526000

Update on Jeremiah.

I admit I’m totally Monday morning quarterbacking here but I really wish they would have just stayed put at the children’s hospital in the first place and did the chemo. Instead of wasting time in Tiajuana. I know things make more sense with hindsight but man, this is exactly why I hate that weird holistic cancer treatment  woo. Because it wastes time. Jeremiah wants to keep fighting so he’s going back to Texas and going to try chemo and possibly surgery after that. If he makes it that far :(

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

This is heartbreaking, and he was diagnosed only 38 days ago.  I wonder if MD Anderson would take him?

• Upvote 2

I’m not surprised there are people rejoicing in their pain. They caused so much pain to other people over the years that I expected other people to return the pain. Rusty needs to learn that but he never will. However I would never rejoice in the suffering of this poor boy. I have huge amounts of empathy for Jeremiah. I disagree with some of the decisions his parents have made for his treatment but I’m not in their situation so I can’t know for sure what I would do. I would hope that these people learn a lesson from this situation. That there are a lot of different opinions in this world and you shouldn’t force your opinion on others. But they won’t stop protesting abortion and they won’t stop harassing and shaming women for choosing abortion. 

21B08A72-17DE-40FA-9E04-AD0C34EBD70F.png

• Upvote 9

Sure sucks when everyone is trying to stick their noses into your private medical decisions, huh Rusty?

No one here is rejoicing in Jeremiah's pain. It hurts to see a young person suffering so much, even someone II've never met. But I'll admit to taking a tiny little bit of satisfaction in seeing Rusty get a taste of his own medicine.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 6

23 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Sure sucks when everyone is trying to stick their noses into your private medical decisions, huh Rusty?

No one here is rejoicing in Jeremiah's pain. It hurts to see a young person suffering so much, even someone II've never met. But I'll admit to taking a tiny little bit of satisfaction in seeing Rusty get a taste of his own medicine.

Can you imagine if people actually showed up to the Tijuana clinic and protested? I imagine he would be absolutely furious. Yet he lives his life off of donations from other people so he can travel around protesting the medical decisions of strangers. And he will never connect the dots of his hypocrisy. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

Rusty's post says "Onward to Houston" which to me means M.D. Anderson Cancer Center; I hope it does.  A relative recently had treatment there.  It's an amazing place with top notch, advanced cancer care. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

14 hours ago, Howl said:

Rusty's post says "Onward to Houston" which to me means M.D. Anderson Cancer Center; I hope it does.  A relative recently had treatment there.  It's an amazing place with top notch, advanced cancer care. 

Yes, I believe they are going there. I wish they had a few weeks ago.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, Howl said:

They are who is handling my cousin's 8 year old's brain cancer case. Great place. 

• Sad 2
  • Love 10

This was really nice of Sean Lee. And the Drs want to start his chemo ASAP.

51447883-0850-4037-893F-C59E83759D9F.png

• Upvote 12

28 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Soo they got contacted by make a wish..... and of course Jeremiah chooses this

3CD9C4AA-34EE-4672-8214-3B30B8C75739.jpeg

I guess if it makes the kid happy, then have the meeting. But it will change no laws.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Let me start this minor diatribe by stating that I hope with all my heart that Jeremiah's cancer treatment is successful to the extent that it can be.

Here are some alternatives for his Wish:  start lobbying to save CHIP, the Children's Health Insurance Program, which is facing massive cuts in the current budget.  You know, the health insurance program that helps save the lives of children already born.  I hate to be so BEC about this, but it really chafes my chaps.  Or he could lobby for free healthcare for children with cancer. 

It drives me crazy to go into a convenience store in every rural town and there's a collection jar on the counter, asking people to help with expenses for a sick or injured child. This should never happen. As a country, we are just f**ked on healthcare. 

While his parents pretend that they are not feeding the beast for his very expensive, advanced medical care, the state and Feds (you and me through our taxes) are picking up the bill.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 6

8 minutes ago, Howl said:

Let me start this minor diatribe by stating that I hope with all my heart that Jeremiah's cancer treatment is successful to the extent that it can be.

Here are some alternatives for his Wish:  start lobbying to save CHIP, the Children's Health Insurance Program, which is facing massive cuts in the current budget.  You know, the health insurance program that helps save the lives of children already born.  I hate to be so BEC about this, but it really chafes my chaps.  Or he could lobby for free healthcare for children with cancer. 

It drives me crazy to go into a convenience store in every rural town and there's a collection jar on the counter, asking people to help with expenses for a sick or injured child. This should never happen. As a country, we are just f**ked on healthcare. 

While his parents pretend that they are not feeding the beast for his very expensive, advanced medical care, the state and Feds (you and me through our taxes) are picking up the bill.

I agree but his request just shows how completely indoctrined he is. He grew up going to abortion protests from the time he was in diapers. It’s all he knows. He believes all the BS his parents spew. He’s still so young. If he was to live, he might feel differently 15 years down the road. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I wonder if Jeremiah's Make-A-Wish request is truly his heart's desire or if he is consciously or unconsciously seeking parental approval by asking for such a thing.

• Upvote 16

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I feel for this kid, really I do. But that Wish? Makes me ANGRY. I hope Make A Wish says no, or allows the meeting but makes it clear they have no say in what is discussed there. This kid's parents are whining about people expressing their opinions about their choices of medical treatment, and then he bugs Make A Wish to try to take away choices from other people? Not cool. Not cool at all. I know he's brainwashed and indoctrinated, but his parents need a swift slap. Especially since if this same illness happened to a vocally pro-choice family they'd likely proclaim it was God showing his disapproval. But since it's THEM, oh, God couldn't possibly be telling them to watch themselves! It must be Satan.

These people are so small-minded. I wish comfort for their child. I also wish they'd get off their high horses and quit trying to force their views on other people.

Make A Wish is intended to bring joy to children and families who need it. His Wish seems to go against that. How sad is it that his dying wish is something so harmful to so many people?

I know of a family locally whose daughter had bone cancer and passed away many years ago. When Make A Wish came to her and offered her a wish, she said “You know, I am lucky…I have been to Disney World, swam with the dolphins in Cancun and go to the beach all the time. You say there are 155 kids on the waiting list? Well, my wish is TO GRANT ALL THEIR WISHES, ALL 155 OF THEM.” She then proceeded to campaign and help plan a fundraising gala which helped do just that. Her parents now maintain a foundation to help families in a similar situation - not with wishes, but with rent, utilities, the basics that can get hard to cover when you have a child with a critical or terminal illness. That's far more Christian to me than meeting with the governor to ask for an abortion ban.

I totally agree his parents deserve a swift kick in the butt. They are beyond horrible. They were horrible long before Jeremiah’s cancer. I can’t help but feel so sorry for him because he probably won’t ever get the chance to break away as an adult. 

• Upvote 11

It’s possible he didn’t make the wish. He might not even know about the  Make a Wish offer. I would think the organization isn’t political so I can’t see them granting this wish, which will be fruitless anyway because a governor can not abolish a holding by the Supreme Court. I can see them saying he needs to pick something else. 

• Upvote 7

Trust me, Texas Governor Greg Abbott (R-Catholic) would NOT pass up a chance for this kid to come and talk to him and wring all of the possible anti-choice PR  out of it. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, socalrules said:

It’s possible he didn’t make the wish. He might not even know about the  Make a Wish offer. I would think the organization isn’t political so I can’t see them granting this wish, which will be fruitless anyway because a governor can not abolish a holding by the Supreme Court. I can see them saying he needs to pick something else. 

That is what I think, that it's dear old dad and not the boy at all.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

Ever notice how the "pro-choice" crowd calls it a child / kid when it's convenient, and a "lump of tissue" / fetus when it's not?

Well I'll spell it out for you - it's a tiny, innocent, defenseless human life from the moment of conception.  It has some of the genes and traits of the mother, and some of the genes and traits of the father.  It is a unique human being, something known to science for over a hundred years.  It's NOT your body.  You're just providing a home for nine months.   You and your partner made the baby.  That was your choice.  And now the responsibility falls on you (not someone else) to take care of the baby or find someone who will.

Pro-lifers take very good care of their own children AND other people's children.  We support homes for unwed mothers, adoption centers, free clinics, homes for battered women.   God created sex to bless marriage and procreate the human race.  Pro-lifers can't afford to fund your lust fueled orgies.  It only encourages you to be irresponsible.

The Thomas family, pursued alternative treatment for their son only because traditional medicine gave them little hope.   But you'd deny them the right to make those decisions, just as you try and force the rest of us to pay for your abortions.  We know why you do it.  You KNOW it's sinful and evil.  You think by forcing everyone to support your sin, God won't judge you as harshly.   You're also mean spirited.  You enjoy forcing your evil on others.

There are two supernatural beings at work in the world, influencing mankind - God and the devil.  God creates life and loves us.  The devil is a hateful, jealous liar, who uses mankind to get back at God.  Which do you think is telling parents it's ok to kill their babies?

• Angry 2
  • Move Along 3
  • Fuck You 34
  • Downvote 27
  • Disgust 1
  • Bless Your Heart 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Pro-lifers can't afford to fund your lust fueled orgies. 

Thank you Jimbo. I needed a hearty laugh this afternoon. 

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

Hey Jimbo. Ever heard of the Hyde Ammendment? "You" are not paying for any abortions. The US government does not pay for any abortions. 

Dipshit.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Ever notice how the "pro-choice" crowd calls it a child / kid when it's convenient, and a "lump of tissue" / fetus when it's not?

Well I'll spell it out for you - it's a tiny, innocent, defenseless human life from the moment of conception.  It has some of the genes and traits of the mother, and some of the genes and traits of the father.  It is a unique human being, something known to science for over a hundred years.  It's NOT your body.  You're just providing a home for nine months.   You and your partner made the baby.  That was your choice.  And now the responsibility falls on you (not someone else) to take care of the baby or find someone who will.

Pro-lifers take very good care of their own children AND other people's children.  We support homes for unwed mothers, adoption centers, free clinics, homes for battered women.   God created sex to bless marriage and procreate the human race.  Pro-lifers can't afford to fund your lust fueled orgies.  It only encourages you to be irresponsible.

The Thomas family, pursued alternative treatment for their son only because traditional medicine gave them little hope.   But you'd deny them the right to make those decisions, just as you try and force the rest of us to pay for your abortions.  We know why you do it.  You KNOW it's sinful and evil.  You think by forcing everyone to support your sin, God won't judge you as harshly.   You're also mean spirited.  You enjoy forcing your evil on others.

There are two supernatural beings at work in the world, influencing mankind - God and the devil.  God creates life and loves us.  The devil is a hateful, jealous liar, who uses mankind to get back at God.  Which do you think is telling parents it's ok to kill their babies?

Thank you for spelling that out to me. After due consideration and a lust-fuelled orgy, I have decided to continue being mean spirited and forcing my evil onto others.

I am not just providing a home for nine months. There's a lot more to it than that. And you're just a silly child if you think that that's all there is. So how about this: You stay out of my choices, and I won't hope that you step on a Lego, barefoot?

• Upvote 26
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 2