Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
JermajestyDuggar

Rusty Thomas' Daughter Dies

Recommended Posts

JermajestyDuggar
4 minutes ago, spork78 said:

I can't believe that he's still rambling on and on about abortion when he has a son with cancer. If it were my child I would be dropping EVERYTHING to get my child the best care possible.

I also find it hilarious that Rusty refuses to "feed the beast", as he is a huge supporter of crisis pregnancy centers and they get the majority of their funding from taxpayer dollars... but I'm guessing that's OK because fetuses are involved. Anything for the fetuses - we all know children have no value once they're expelled from the womb and are unworthy of our tax dollars after they breath on their own.

I know. He really needs to just focus on Jeremiah and his family right now. Maybe the abortion stuff is a distraction for him because it's too hard to think about the cancer right now.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Briefly
4 hours ago, Howl said:

This gives a very different perspective; it sounds as though all that can be done through conventional treatments is done.  Very sad for this family and their son. 

That is terribly sad, I do feel bad if we misjudged him. But I also feel terrible for them because it does sound like they are about to lose their son.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CyborgKin

On one hand, refusing professional medical treatment in favour of 'alternative' medicine seems very foolish to me.  It's frustrating that people don't understand that treatments such as chemotherapy have been developed and refined over decades of research and trials.

But on the other hand when you're starting from a 10% chance of survival and given how unpleasant chemo is, I can have some understanding and sympathy.  My 2 months of chemo nearly 2 years ago had a 90% success rate (not to be confused with a 90% survival rate) so I can't even begin to imagine what that would be like.  Annoyingly, I had to convince my mother that taking chemo was a good idea and the by far most attractive option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

I agree. I might go with alternative therapy too if I was in their place. I'm not really sure to be honest. None of us know until we are there. I just wish there was something that would help but it seems this type of cancer is very fast growing. 

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Howl

Those of you familiar with this sad scenario know only too well that aggressive chemo can add weeks and months to a life, but the quality of life during that time can be very difficult, to the point where it seems the person is dying from chemo and not from cancer.  Truly, at that point, there is no right or wrong decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
turquoise

So very sad. Given the low odds of survival and how hard chemo can be, I can see why they might try alternative treatments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EmainMacha

Osteosarcoma is awful. I had a patient in his twenties with it. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Survival rates are very poor as Jeremiah's mum said in her post. I hope whatever happens he'll be given good pain relief and preferably specialist palliative care.

  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Terrie

I understand why alt. "treatments" would seem attractive in this case, where it seems like you have nothing to lose, but all that clinic is going to do is leave them in debt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
6 hours ago, Terrie said:

I understand why alt. "treatments" would seem attractive in this case, where it seems like you have nothing to lose, but all that clinic is going to do is leave them in debt.

I'm hoping it's cheap. The Thomas's live off of grifting so I'm sure they won't pay any of it anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
treehugger

It isn't cheap. My grandmother went to a similar clinic, and it cost them upwards of $50,000. Unfortunately, my grandmother's cancer has also aggressively come back. As far as I am concerned, the clinic didn't do a damn thing. But, my grandmother is quite elderly, has been in poor health for decades, and is, I think, quite tired of life. A very different scenario than a young man. My thoughts are with him.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

Poor Jeremiah took a turn for the worse. His mom is going to Tiajuana but I’m sad his whole family can’t be there in case he doesn’t make it. That poor child. He’s probably in so much pain and discomfort. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Terrie

This is why I'm against these "clinics." Better for him to be at home, surrounded by family, than in another country, without them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
21 hours ago, Terrie said:

This is why I'm against these "clinics." Better for him to be at home, surrounded by family, than in another country, without them.

They aren’t even able to do the treatment they flew down to Tiajuana for. I am sad it seems his siblings and friends won’t be able to be with him near the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozlsn
35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They aren’t even able to do the treatment they flew down to Tiajuana for. I am sad it seems his siblings and friends won’t be able to be with him near the end.

I suspect the chemo that they rejected was palliative. I hope he is able to come home to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

Hopefully most of his family can make it out to see him:

EE330116-1355-413D-B2D6-77CAF02F08A7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Briefly

That is one of the most heartbreaking pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMarie
On 4/28/2018 at 12:36 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hopefully most of his family can make it out to see him:

EE330116-1355-413D-B2D6-77CAF02F08A7.png

I'm not familiar with this family, but do they consider themselves sovereign citizens, and that's the dad refers to the family as the Thomas Nation?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Howl

Hoping they have gotten him back across the border to San Diego and into a hospital.  

Edited by Howl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NachosFlandersStyle
6 hours ago, JMarie said:

I'm not familiar with this family, but do they consider themselves sovereign citizens, and that's the dad refers to the family as the Thomas Nation?  

I think they're playing on the way sports fans will call themselves the "Steelers Nation" or "Cardinals Nation" or what have you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

It might just be what their groups do. I’m pretty sure I’ve heard Lisa Metzger call her family the Metzger Nation. I think these insane abortion protest groups like to pump themselves up by using these titles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PennySycamore

As many of you know, my sister has glioblastoma which is a form of brain cancer that is almost 100% fatal.  There are a few long-term survivors (I've seen 14 years cited),  but the average survival after diagnosis is about 14 months.  My sister has beaten that by about 4 months.  She undergoing chemo right now and her last MRI did show some tumor regression.  I'm hoping that my sister is one of those outliers who survives long-term.  Despite her grim prognosis, she is NOT doing any alternative medicine nonsense.   She had surgery at Duke followed by radiation, an Optune helmet and now chemo.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Themanda Duggar
6 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

As many of you know, my sister has glioblastoma which is a form of brain cancer that is almost 100% fatal.  There are a few long-term survivors 

 

My mother’s best friend had this kind of cancer, was also treated at Duke, and survived for almost 10 years.   Duke is especially good with glioblastoma.  I hope your sister defies all expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smittykins

Valerie Harper("Rhoda")was diagnosed with brain cancer in 2013 and initially given three months, but is still kicking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

They drained the blood out of Jeremiah’s lung so hopefully he’s more comfortable now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.