IGNORED

The Mansplainers are coming to Orlando

47of74

For a grand you can go see a bunch of douche cannons in action

Organizers say it is "destined to be the mansplaining event of the century."  Brought to you by the same Orlando-based bros who host the 21 Convention to "actualize the ideal man," the 22 Convention is coming to "make women great again." 

The May 1-3 event will be held at an Orlando location disclosed to only to those who pay for admission. Tickets cost $1,999 (there's a sale for $999), and are only sold to women. All of the speakers are men. 

"Women today are being taught to act more like men," says the 22 Convention website, which they say has led to divorce, depression, dysfunction, and rampant single motherhood. "No longer will you have to give in to toxic bullying feminist dogma and go against your biological nature," say organizers. 

Mansplainers on hand to redirect the wayward women in attendance include convention founder Anthony Johnson, whose bio says his mission is to "destroy the feminist establishment," Alexander Coates, described as a "fitness guru and modern-day philosopher winning the minds of men and the hearts of women," and other right-wing personalities with hundreds of thousands of followers on Twitter and Facebook (which are definitely not Russian bots, like those of men's rights activist and 21 Convention speaker Mike Cernovich).

Fornicate these guys.  Maybe if they didn’t act like such fornicating douche cannons women and people in general would like them. 

Edited by 47of74
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

I think I have asked this before but what goes on in these people's heads? My bet is that it's 24 hour a day circus music. Who would even buy a ticket to this?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

37 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

The May 1-3 event will be held at an Orlando location disclosed to only to those who pay for admission. Tickets cost $1,999 (there's a sale for $999), and are only sold to women. All of the speakers are men. 

I suspect the ticket cost is so the teeny handful of women who show up (a few poor deludeds, maybe some woman who has a crush on one of the speakers, possibly one or two of their moms) can pay for the number of extras they'll have to pay to stand around and make it look like there are actual attendees. 

I cannot imagine anyone, ever, male or female, being willing to pay that much at all to go listen to these human infections spout their idiocy. My guess? They'll get some video footage of the crowd waiting on the hotel's complimentary buses to Walt Disney World and Universal, and claim all those people (in mouse ears and hogwarts robes) are there for their ridiculous event. 

And when nobody signs up to come listen to their mansplaining? More media attention in the form of rants about how they are being persecuted by the mainstream media. 

• Upvote 5

I think I have asked this before but what goes on in these people's heads? My bet is that it's 24 hour a day circus music. Who would even buy a ticket to this?

The mansplainers or the women who would buy these tickets?

Probably crickets in either case.
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, 47of74 said:

The mansplainers or the women who would buy these tickets?

I meant the mansplainers but would also like to know about the women who would buy a ticket for this event.

• Upvote 5

The combination of @47of74's thread title and the sheer stupidity of this event (including when and where they are holding it), led to this, the only opus of little-known poet Hen3ry Wadsblown Shortfellow:

Listen, you women, and you shall hear
Of a dumb event they're planning here,
When the weather is lovely, ’bout seventy-five
Theme parks and streets are so alive
In Orlando at that fine time of year.

They say to themselves “If the women race
By land or sea to bask in our light,
We will keep them enthralled in an indoor space
As they feel our power, recognize our might!
Oh, what a grand event it will be!”

But we in the sunshine will surely be,
Ready to ride with Potter or mice.
We’re not the weaker sex, won’t pay your price,
We’ll be outdoors, shmucks, where the weather is nice!

Spoiler

The original:

Listen, my children, and you shall hear
Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,
On the eighteenth of April, in Seventy-Five:
Hardly a man is now alive
Who remembers that famous day and year.

He said to his friend, “If the British march
By land or sea from the town to-night,
Hang a lantern aloft in the belfry-arch
Of the North-Church-tower, as a signal-light,
One if by land, and two if by sea;

And I on the opposite shore will be,
Ready to ride and spread the alarm
Through every Middlesex village and farm,
For the country-folk to be up and to arm.”

* The 3 is just a little tribute to Tom Lehrer.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 6

I just saw this and knew you guys would be on the case already. There's a naive, pre-2016-election part of my brain that truly cannot process this as anything but overly broad satire. I don't think I'll ever wrap my head around the "look how outrageous we are-- wait, no, I'm just trolling-- haha psych, I'm totally serious" vibes that the 4channers et al give off with the stuff.

Hey, Lori Alexander gets a shoutout with that "debt-free virgins" graphic. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2