IGNORED

Seewalds 43: Pants may Have Been Worn Or Not

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, meep said:

I'm guessing things in Ben-and-Jessa-land are boring right now. 

its been for a while now. Not even the cute babies can make them interesting. 

• Upvote 3

The Duggar daughters may be Fundie Princesses or Daddy’s little princesses but the real thing will always be more fascinating :)

• Upvote 1

I guess Jessa wanted some attention. That and she needs to be relevant with the start of a new season coming up next week.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

Maybe she's just tired of having to be transported to the hospital after her homebirths on the couch. ?

Edited by PumaLover
Hit enter too soon! Needed more sarcasm!
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

There are things I’d be sort of interested to know ( if I was at a very loose end)-

what was Ben studying?
is teaching the Duggar kids a short term thing or does he intend to continue ?

who decides on the curriculum? 
how do they see see themselves in the long term? 

But instead we get the usual Jessa ‘I’m just a messy mom’, the annual adoption story and a complete mystery about what Ben does.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

22 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

Maybe she's just tired of having to be transported to the hospital after her homebirths on the couch. ?

Or maybe she got a new couch and wants to keep it clean.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

Ok, adoption is pretty rare in Australia. We are just starting to see laws changed to be able to adopt from foster care. 
I know over there it is a big part for the birth parents to pick who they want to raise their child. but I just find it selfish (if) the seewald’s are going to adopt a baby from birth when they are perfectly capable to have their own. Should they not give another set of (infertile) couples that chance? 
on the flip side infertile couples can adopt from foster too, should that not eliminate the seewalds? I can see that point too. 
Mind you I didn’t read the article (I didn’t want to give it the clicks). 
did they say if they are adopting an infant or an older child from foster care? 
please don’t let some star struck repented Christian teen think that cult is best for her baby. Or some trumper that thinks the duggars are just persecuted Christian’s. 
I would hope that any agency that works with the seewalds would fully disclose what the family is all about. 
I wonder if they want a closed or open adoption? 
What will they think if the Mum is an unwed mother? Just glad she. Didn’t choose to terminate. 
I have so many thoughts and I just hope it’s all talk! you wanna adopt Jessa, just take bloody Jordyn. She loves you. Sad as it to say, she may be better with you. 
I know I do think Jenni would be with Jill. 

• Upvote 3

I’d be more concerned if they went about adopting a child with special needs or a child from an orphanage overseas. Given they make their living by publicity I’d be bothered that a child that’s already had a difficult start in life would be used as fodder for interviews and TV specials. 
But then we say this every year or so when they mention it. They had a magazine interview to promote the show and needed something to say other than ‘where’s the cheque’? 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

They went on and on about adopting after Spurgeon was born, then found out she was pregnant with Henry by the time Spurge was 6 months old. My husband and I are a couple who tried to adopt (actually got approved by an agency and were on a waiting list for awhile) only to discover we were expecting and that changed our plans. BUT this was after a miscarriage and subsequent years of infertility. We never expected to have a bio kid. Now we're starting the adoption process again after my hysterectomy, so there will be no more "surprises."

Jessa and Ben have realistic expectations of double-digit bio kids and do nothing to prevent this. I wish they'd shut up until they prove they're serious about adopting AND understand it's complicated for all involved. Since this will never happen, they'll just regularly slap infertile folks in the face to sound "holy."

• Upvote 8
  • Love 14

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Ok, adoption is pretty rare in Australia. We are just starting to see laws changed to be able to adopt from foster care. 
I know over there it is a big part for the birth parents to pick who they want to raise their child. but I just find it selfish (if) the seewald’s are going to adopt a baby from birth when they are perfectly capable to have their own. Should they not give another set of (infertile) couples that chance? 
on the flip side infertile couples can adopt from foster too, should that not eliminate the seewalds? I can see that point too. 
Mind you I didn’t read the article (I didn’t want to give it the clicks). 
did they say if they are adopting an infant or an older child from foster care? 
please don’t let some star struck repented Christian teen think that cult is best for her baby. Or some trumper that thinks the duggars are just persecuted Christian’s. 
I would hope that any agency that works with the seewalds would fully disclose what the family is all about. 
I wonder if they want a closed or open adoption? 
What will they think if the Mum is an unwed mother? Just glad she. Didn’t choose to terminate. 
I have so many thoughts and I just hope it’s all talk! you wanna adopt Jessa, just take bloody Jordyn. She loves you. Sad as it to say, she may be better with you. 
I know I do think Jenni would be with Jill. 

They have no actual plans, which is part of why we’re snarking on the half-baked idea. Right now they’re talking to people who have adopted. Most likely Jessa will get pregnant again and they’ll drop it for a while. US Magazine shows its typical crappy journalism by misspelling Ivy’s name and referring to Jessa as “Duggar.”

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

On please. They're never going to adopt. They don't have a steady income, their house is small, and they're probably going to want a white blue eyed  newborn. It's just for attention...again.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 12

As badly as we need people to give forever homes to children in foster care, I don't want to see the seewald's adopt as there is no good way to do it. I strongly believe that they should not be given a baby, as I believe babies should go to couples who have been trying and trying and trying to have children and haven't been successful. I don't want a minority child to go to the Seewalds because I can very much see them either treating that child as less than or flaunting how godly they are by giving a child "like that" a home. (It is disgusting for me to write and think about but I know that the seewald's brand of Christians think they are superior even if they are ministering to others overseas in the mission field.) My other fear would be that they decide to adopt an older daughter and forced her to be a sister mom to their kids because Jessa may want to adopt because she wants help. I could see the Duggar family turning an adopted child into what Jill Rodrigues has turned her sister Amy, who was injured in an automobile accident into.

In no way am I saying that non fundies shouldn't adopt more than one child. I am just concerned for Ben and Jessa's motivations for adopting.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

I'll be honest: I'm a Christian and I want to adopt.  But I'm *not* Fundamentalist and I'm *not* about shoving Jesus down people's throats.

I recently started watching Counting On from the very beginning (just got Hulu).  Hearing Jessa talk about adoption while Spurgeon was a baby is kinda ... ? My biological sister was adopted at birth, and ever since I learned that fact I've had strong feelings about adoption.  In my sister's case, her parents were older and unable to have more children (they had one biological child).  My sister and I both have an endocrine disease that practically guarantees us fertility issues, and we've both expressed the intent to adopt someday.

But Jessa . . . I'm worried if anyone wants to adopt because of their savior complex, and that's exactly what Jessa seems to have.  

(Plus, I'm not sure I can see Ben and Jessa loving a child who isn't like them in race, ability, etc. Obviously they're the best ?).

• Upvote 10

Oh please! The same Jessa who posts baby pix of herself and the kids every few months about how much her kids look like HER....NO way they're adopting. This is clickbait. CO is returning next week, they needed to drum up some interest.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

I'm assuming she's pregnant. Every time they trot out the adoption story, ooops! she's pregnant! "I guess we will have to wait on the adoption!" Wink, wink

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

I thought at first it was to soon. However, if Ivy is at least a year old, it might not be.  Plus Ben and Jessa, may want Ivy to have someone close in age to her as a playmate. They aren't adopting. No way will they go thru that effort and process when they can pop em out like clockwork on their own. 

• Upvote 9

People c'mon is not like they don't want to adopt, they really want, they even made some research is just that they are still so in love that they cannot keep their hand off each other (barf) and since they don't believe in birth control, well you know "Oops, we do it again" geez now we will have to wait at least another couple of year since we know we can't adopt with a newborn at home.

Wash rinse and repeat. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

Definitely pants on all the women, and this may be why they don’t encourage the young guys having their own social media - don’t know what’s supposed to be kept private and on-brand ?

• Upvote 2

I dunno guys... everyone seems so adamant it won’t happen. I’m over here going mmm Kay I won’t be surprised when they do. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/3/2020 at 1:51 PM, Audrey2 said:

I strongly believe that they should not be given a baby, as I believe babies should go to couples who have been trying and trying and trying to have children and haven't been successful.

I think this was heavily debated a couple of years ago. But there are multiple good reasons why people may choose to adopt even if they don't have trouble conceiving or don't have fertility issues. 

A couple could have no issues conceiving but one or both of the parents could have potential health issues that they don't want to risk passing along to a child.

They may have been raised in unfortunate circumstances and feel passionately about helping a child who may otherwise grow up in the same unfortunate situation. 

Being able to conceive naturally doesn't make adoption bad or selfish. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

I have mixed feelings about couples adopting when they have several biological children already. In my province, it is rare for  a healthy newborn to be adopted. It happens, but not often. Generally, this would be a category two (private adoption). For a lot of families, this is impossible due to cost. It’s also risky because bio parents get to select the family that will adopt their baby. Couples may never be selected. If a family wants to drop $35000 going this route when they already have multiple children, go for it. 
Category one or adoption from foster care is free and prospective parents are at the mercy of their social worker. Very few babies are free for adoption and the worker decides which child, if any, will be placed with a family. My worker shared that she had kept couples waiting for over ten years. Here’s is where I would be uncomfortable with a family requesting a healthy baby whilst having four or five children already. Should said family wish to adopt a preschooler or older child, totally different. However, this is my bias and not super fair. One of my former students was from a family of ten and four of them were adopted. The parents were great parents which is all that matters. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic