IGNORED

Seewalds 43: Pants may Have Been Worn Or Not

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I do think waning fertility and/or biological clocks (for both of them) was a major factor in their rushing things. 

Suggesting "waning fertility?"  wow, Meghan is getting unfair speculation here, too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, HereComesTreble said:

Suggesting "waning fertility?"  wow, Meghan is getting unfair speculation here, too. 

That isn't speculation, it is a fact that women's fertility decreases over the age of 30 and decreases every year they age.  After the age of 35 it drops even further, that is why it is called "advanced maternal age". They met when Meghan was 34 about to turn 35, see where I'm going, if they took 4 or 5 years to get Meghan acclimated, like they did Sophie, then Kate, she would have been almost 40 when they married. Conceiving after 40 is harder (not impossible or even improbable, just harder) and comes with greater risk to mom & baby.  So yes, her waining fertility at the young age of 35, could have been a factor.  Just because we don't think 35 is old anymore doesn't change how our reproductive systems work.

A good synopsis I found on line.  Women age 35 to 39 had a slightly less than 30% chance of getting pregnant. ... About 66% of women conceive within a year who start trying at age 35. After four years, 84% eventually get pregnant and have a baby. Only 44% of women age 40 conceive within a year of trying and go on to give birth. 

And another.  A woman's peak reproductive years are between the late teens and late 20s. By age 30 years, fertility (the ability to get pregnant) starts to decline. This decline becomes more rapid once you reach your mid 30s. By age 45 years, fertility has declined so much that getting pregnant naturally is unlikely for most women.

I'm not being ageist, I'm not shaming her I'm not doing anything other than stating the facts that at the age of 35 her fertile years are going very quickly. It is simple biology, Harry stated many times in interviews hat he wanted to be a father, so he obviously would marry a women who wanted children. This isn't rocket science.  Yes, it sucks that a woman's fertility ends at a time we now deem rather young, but we can't (yet) do much about nature. 

• Upvote 32
  • Downvote 3
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

That isn't speculation

Yes.  Speculating waning fertility is speculation.  Maybe she just wanted to have a baby for whatever reason she wanted. 

• Move Along 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Confused 4
  • Bless Your Heart 2

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I've heard that she's difficult, but is she difficult or do upper crust stuffy royal staffers, not like being told what to do by a black woman?  We are all starting to realize just how ingrained racism is into everything, creating even unconscious bias.  I also wonder if there was some resentment that an American was being brought in, combining the two & she was going to be disliked before they even met her (I'm just speculating on this). 

Then you also have to consider cultural differences between Americans and Brits. Every country has it's own etiquettes, cultural taboos, etc, some can be more subtle than others, so when someone from America does something very normal for us, it could be perceived as rude to a Brit.  

This is just a few headlines that showed how the press was hard on Meghan & gracious with Kate. 

Meghan, like Diana & Sarah was rushed through the royal crash course & thrown into royal life and that is a bad thing, if those two are the litmus test.  Kate & Prince Edward's wife Sophie, were moved into Buckingham palace and given a a good long look into what would be expected of them as senior Royals, while Kate's roll is much greater than Sophie's, the fact that Edward is the only one of the Queen's 4 children to have a successful marriage, they've been married for over 20 years & Kate & William seem to be in a very stable relationship. I'm sure Meghan & Harry's ages had something to do with the rush, they wanted kids and M was already 36/37 when they married, they had to move quickly. I don't think their relationship will last, only because it was such a whirlwind & in Harry's world, that just doesn't work anymore. 

Not true. Kate never moved into BP. She was hassled and harassed for years with no help from the royal family. She lost a job because the press intrusions were disrupting the entire workplace. Then the press criticized her for not having a job. One newspaper got an enormous ad on the side of a bus that ran the route she regularly used with the words “Waity Katie” on it so they could get a picture of her through the bus window with their ad in the shot.  Just google “waity katie” and you’ll find tons of nasty articles. One from 2010 is all about how William told his friends and family he’d never marry her. And the entire trope that she was waiting for marriage and William was avoiding it is sexist beyond belief. But everyone accepted it as not just okay but probably true. 
Meghan got some bad press.  But she wasn’t the first or the only member of the family to deal with that.  And she got some ridiculously glowing press that wasn’t even true. On live American television I heard her lauded on her wedding day for bring the first royal bride to have a female dress designer. Except that she wasn’t. Not even close to it. Look up who designed past dresses.  She’s been lauded by press as the most educated royal bride in history. Except she has the exact same educational level as Kate. And on and on it goes.  
And fun fact: two new bios coming out say she & Harry were planning to eventually leave the BRF and live in North America before they even announced their engagement.  So it would seem racism in the press after that isn’t the reason. 

• Upvote 12
  • Move Along 1
  • Love 3

Someone wake me up when we return to discussing Ben & Jessa.

• Upvote 32
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, HereComesTreble said:

Yes.  Speculating waning fertility is speculation.  Maybe she just wanted to have a baby for whatever reason she wanted. 

I forgot, I'm on FJ, speculation doesn't mean what it actually means. ?  ☮️ out!

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

Huh.here I thought It was just biological fact that Most every females fertility will wane as she ages.

• Upvote 20
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Love 2

26 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I forgot, I'm on FJ, speculation doesn't mean what it actually means. ?  ☮️ out!

Nope.  It means the same thing here as it does everywhere else.

the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

• Upvote 3
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I do get the impression that Meghan is somewhat sensitive to any type of criticism, I'm not saying to be mean, I have a fragile ego as well, and I would wither under the scrutiny the royals get. I do think had they met 5 years sooner it may have given them a little more wiggle room to get her acclimated, like Kate & Sophie. I do think waning fertility and/or biological clocks (for both of them) was a major factor in their rushing things. 

I would normally say, how long you know someone before marriage doesn't really matter, DH & I were engaged 3 months after we met & married 6 months after that, We've been married for 23 years. Our Wedding Anniversary is 9/21, we'll have been married for 24 years and known each other for 24 years and 9 months. But we are just 2 in 7.8 billion people on this planet, the press doesn't even care who we are. 

Definitely agree that how long meeting to marriage is doesn’t always make a difference but William was probably basing it off the royal marriages he was around:

Grandma and Grandpa: long courtship, successful marriage

Edward and Sophie: long courtship and so far successful marriage

Himself and Kate: long courtship (I think it was 11 years from meeting to marriage???) and so far seem in it for the long haul

Dad and Camilla: ridiculously long courtship and still seem happy together

Dad and mom: fast courtship, marriage ended in disaster

Andrew and Fergie: I’m not even sure they know what’s going...

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Huh.here I thought It was just biological fact that Most every females fertility will wane as she ages.

Yes and duh.  My issue is not the science of fertility.  It was the speculation that Meghan’s supposed waning fertility was the reason she didn’t wait 5 years to have a child, as to get acclimated to life as a royal. —which is a boatload of speculation about someone’s life/uterus/whatever, without any evidence.

Edited by HereComesTreble

Andrew and Fergie are much much better friends and parents than a married couple but I fully believe they are still regularly hitting that. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

How interesting, my post about cops (in reference to one of Ben's sisters, no less) gets moved to the BLM thread, but this discussion isn't moved the royalty section.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, llg1234 said:

How interesting, my post about cops (in reference to one of Ben's sisters, no less) gets moved to the BLM thread, but this discussion isn't moved the royalty section.

Idk who moved it (and I haven't seen your post so I'm just talking generally) but we do like to keep the politically charged thread drift in their own threads out of respect to a lot of people here who want to be in the forums as an escape from the news.

The monarchy is just run of the mill thread drift.

• Upvote 8

5 hours ago, llg1234 said:

I was actually thinking, when is this drift gonna get moved to the royals sections.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Idk who moved it (and I haven't seen your post so I'm just talking generally) but we do like to keep the politically charged thread drift in their own threads out of respect to a lot of people here who want to be in the forums as an escape from the news.

The monarchy is just run of the mill thread drift.

My post wasn't popular and that's fine, but it had nothing to do with BLM directly, so I was confused when it was moved to that thread. It just rubs me the wrong way that my post was moved, while Royal talk stays, even though there's an entire sub-form dedicated to it. And royalty is political and part of the news, so that reason doesn't pass the smell test for me either. It's just a matter of consistency. This isn't the thread for this discussion though, I know that.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

My post wasn't popular and that's fine, but it had nothing to do with BLM directly, so I was confused when it was moved to that thread. It just rubs me the wrong way that my post was moved, while Royal talk stays, even though there's an entire sub-form dedicated to it. And royalty is political and part of the news, so that reason doesn't pass the smell test for me either. It's just a matter of consistency. This isn't the thread for this discussion though, I know that.

I appreciate that.  Again, I didn't see your post so can't speak to that specifically, but to the royals being news …yeah, but they aren't the kind of news that are causing people anxiety and asking to not have infiltrate the non-politic threads.  

I am just putting this here because I thought it warranted a response.  Everyone won't agree, but I wanted to explain the difference how I see it.  If you do want to discuss this in more depth we're happy to do that in CD.

• Upvote 2

On 6/29/2020 at 10:22 AM, DalmatianCat said:

This.

Obviously we have no way of knowing if the rumor that the rift between Harry and William was caused by William cautioning Harry for rushing things with Meghan, but if it’s true, I think that’s a completely normal question for a concerned sibling to ask. Harry had been with Chelsy Davy for seven years and there were still reports about him and Cressida Bonas getting back together when he and Meghan began dating. He and Meghan went from meeting to married in two years or less? Bringing in someone from a different culture (America and England are vastly different cultures in spite of shared history) and into the royal family is a BIG change for even the most stable well-adjusted couple. I feel like William asked out of genuine concern and Harry must have taken it as some type of persecution. (And compared to the wild last decade Harry had had I’m not surprised William was concerned).

I feel like part of their issue is (and really - this is PURE speculation on my part as I don't know these people at all) - I think one of the differences between Kate, Sophie & Meghan - is that Kate & Sophie had their own careers but they weren't really PUBLIC careers. Kate worked at her parents business, Sophie, I think, was in PR - but they were both very normal jobs that they could and seemed to have easily walked away from. Sophie tried to keep going on, from what I remember, but then did drop out. 

Meghan is/was in a very PUBLIC job, and probably worked damn hard to be IN that job and likely isn't going to drop it because she married into The Firm. And I think the competition between "Must be seen! It's my brand, it's my face, it's what I've built with my own two hands" and "must demure in some extent to the history of The Firm" -- that's going to be sticky. 
That would be the case for anyone, Brit, American, black, white, biracial etc. She's a force on her own (and maybe few had heard of her before Harry - I know I certainly didn't pay attention) but to step out of that climb when she was really JUST starting it? I don't think she's really willing to do that (and props to her - this is in NO WAY slamming her). 

But I think that is still going to hang over them. Either he "made" her drop out of her career, or she "made" him give up his family. (and it's not that drastic, I know - but I could see how there would be some resentment there and maybe there isn't- maybe they're all fine with it - but I think IF there is an issue - that's where it's going to come into play).

And maybe I don't make much sense - still on my first cup of coffee... :)

• Upvote 8

On 6/29/2020 at 8:39 PM, tabitha2 said:

Andrew and Fergie are much much better friends and parents than a married couple but I fully believe they are still regularly hitting that. 

Sarah once stated in an interview that her and Andrew had a much better relationship after they divorced and that she will have some love for him. 

As far is Harry and Meghan are concerned the press caused a lot of the issues between them, their is evidence of some reporters praising William and Kate for doing one thing then flat out calling Harry and Meghan out for doing the same thing and playing both against each other. Meghan may have said and done things that are not that great but what the UK press are great at doing is deciding someone is not good and harassing them for months or years acting like they deserve hell, they done it with Paul McCartney's ex wife, Heather Mills, even hacking her phone to publish stuff about her, they also did it with tv presenter Caroline Flack who took her own life in February and the worst one was when the Sun Newspaper decided that the victims of the Hillsborough disaster were to blame for their own deaths and that the surviving Liverpool fans had stolen from the dead and even urinated on them and didn't officially apologise for it until over 25 years later, very few people in Liverpool buy the sun to this day. 

• Upvote 5

Wonder if Ben eats clove flavored candy? Do you think Jessa hides in her closet and eats licorice of any color/flavor/brand? ?

• Upvote 3

On 6/29/2020 at 3:39 PM, tabitha2 said:

Definitely in the past, maybe not so much now that they’re sixty. I wonder if they’ll remarry now that he’s got a worse reputation than she does, and they have less interest in sex outside their relationship. Maybe after Philip dies.

• Upvote 1

Short question: since when is thread drift a problem? I have fast scrolled and suffered trough endless discussions about nails, hair and of course our beloved topics duvets and wedding food. Thread drifts that get political are move for a reason but the rest has always been fine.

British tabloids are just mean. 80% is mean and unfair coverage or speculation. The better articles do have great way with words though. The first layer reads actually ok (as in legally ok) but the second one is pretty advanced in phrasing stuff. I find the English language provides great opportunities for delivering little insults. I can’t do it myself (not good enough as not native speaker) but I can notice and enjoy it. The examples above are just two of many many more (just go back and look what they wrote of Camilla). I can only imagine how bad it must be to live under their looking glass. Everyone looking more than two seconds at the situation knows that. Since when are tabloids known for great research,  real break through coverage? They live of the lies, conspiracy and gossip they create. 

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Meggo said:

I feel like part of their issue is (and really - this is PURE speculation on my part as I don't know these people at all) - I think one of the differences between Kate, Sophie & Meghan - is that Kate & Sophie had their own careers but they weren't really PUBLIC careers. Kate worked at her parents business, Sophie, I think, was in PR - but they were both very normal jobs that they could and seemed to have easily walked away from. Sophie tried to keep going on, from what I remember, but then did drop out. 

Meghan is/was in a very PUBLIC job, and probably worked damn hard to be IN that job and likely isn't going to drop it because she married into The Firm. And I think the competition between "Must be seen! It's my brand, it's my face, it's what I've built with my own two hands" and "must demure in some extent to the history of The Firm" -- that's going to be sticky. 
That would be the case for anyone, Brit, American, black, white, biracial etc. She's a force on her own (and maybe few had heard of her before Harry - I know I certainly didn't pay attention) but to step out of that climb when she was really JUST starting it? I don't think she's really willing to do that (and props to her - this is in NO WAY slamming her). 

But I think that is still going to hang over them. Either he "made" her drop out of her career, or she "made" him give up his family. (and it's not that drastic, I know - but I could see how there would be some resentment there and maybe there isn't- maybe they're all fine with it - but I think IF there is an issue - that's where it's going to come into play).

And maybe I don't make much sense - still on my first cup of coffee... :)

I definitely think she hated giving up control of her own PR, agent, etc. (most actresses would). She had to delete her blog and her personal Instagram. That’s a lot to give up for any guy, but initially it probably didn’t seem too bad. I remember thinking that overall it was probably a good move for her and she would be able to accomplish more as a Royal than an actress. Hollywood is very crowded and there are hundreds of beautiful, talented actresses who can’t get work. Before Harry and Meghan were a thing I had tried to watch Suits and couldn’t get into it. I tried again after they got engaged and still couldn’t make it past a few episodes. It was a nominally successful show on a nominally successful cable channel and, really, that’s more than most actresses can ever attain. If you check Meghan’s IMDB profile, Suits was her most successful job. She never starred in any major movies and had none coming up when she married. As unfeminist as it sounds, marrying Harry raised her profile way more than she most likely ever would have been able to on her own. Together they still have a lot of potential to do good if they can get their story straight and figure out what exactly their focus is.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I have no idea what Harry and Megan were/are thinking, and I'm surprised I'm so interested in the British royals (Irish American), but I think Harry was kind of doomed from the start--what kind of life can you have when the entire reason you exist is to be around in case your older brother dies before he has kids? He did seem to enjoy a military career, which I guess is pretty traditional for second sons of the aristocracy, but the press put an end to that. Stay and become a useless twat like Prince Andrew? Go and lose everything you've ever known and still not have anything real to do in the new place? I feel for the guy, and don't tell anybody I'm related to that I said that.

Edited by patsymae
typo
  • Upvote 12

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic