IGNORED

Seewalds 43: Pants may Have Been Worn Or Not

HerNameIsBuffy

I know a big part of their beliefs is practicing contentment, so I’m not sure we will ever really know how Jessa feels about having a smaller house. I would love to know if Ben works or what he does all day. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Parents all over the world raise families and live together in small apartments and homes and make it work. 

Edited by Intothewind
Add 3 words
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

Wow is 100k really a realistic $ estimate for social media ads? (Really asking here! That seems crazy high)

• I Agree 3

I’ve often thought the carport would be an easy addition. That would make a nice extra bedroom. Too bad they didn’t have a basement. Our houses always had basements so bedrooms/rec rooms/offices/playrooms/laundry rooms/wine cellars could be added. 

• Upvote 4

@squiddysquid I agree but things changed with the Josh scandal and Jill’s going off piste. Jessa is sticking by the rules- having children, wearing skirts (at least publicly), gushing over JB & Michelle and she was the one doing the ‘virtual’ IBLP conference with them recently. For the moment she is doing JB’s bidding and he is canny enough to know she is popular with fans, has a large social  media following and is more articulate than any of his sons ( low bar on that one!). 
it wasn’t meant to be this way but given Josh & Jill have gone rogue, Jinger is firmly under Jeremy’s control, Jessa is for the moment emerging as the most on brand. JB must realise if he doesn’t look after her she’ll most likely do a Jinger and negotiate her own deals. 

• Upvote 16

36 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Wow is 100k really a realistic $ estimate for social media ads? (Really asking here! That seems crazy high)

It’s a low estimate.  She has 2 million followers on Instagram. The estimate calculator I used - that was on the Jinger thread - puts her at $4 - $7 thousand per post. Her YouTube videos, which are linked in her Instagram bio are bringing in another 1-2 thousand each, depending on views. I’m assuming she’s trying to build that audience. The thing with the various daughters social media money is that it is likely independent from JB and Michelle’s control.

Heres the calculator. Even if they mak half that, they are doing very well

https://influencermarketinghub.com/instagram-money-calculator/

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 7

19 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

it wasn’t meant to be this way but given Josh & Jill have gone rogue, Jinger is firmly under Jeremy’s control, Jessa is for the moment emerging as the most on brand. JB must realise if he doesn’t look after her she’ll most likely do a Jinger and negotiate her own deals. 

Jessa getting a bigger house in 3... 2...1...

She did mention early on that they might need a bigger house soon, bout the time Jill moved to SA, but changed the narrative to, small and so easy to clean, when it became clear that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

Speaking of the turd, where does he live nowadays?

And what happened to the FBI raiding the used car park lots?

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Bobology said:

Yes; I wonder if that's when NIKE!! started.

I’ll bet Josh heard “Nike!” and thought “Where?!” But he probably got in trouble if he looked.

I wonder if Ben and Jessa are more responsible and independent than we think, and actually don’t expect JB to give them a bigger house.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I’ll bet Josh heard “Nike!” and thought “Where?!” But he probably got in trouble if he looked.

I wonder if Ben and Jessa are more responsible and independent than we think, and actually don’t expect JB to give them a bigger house.

Ben works on the Duggar compound, doing odd jobs for JB, they are very much dependent on him.

people have stopped caring about the Duggar quiver army, Jingers pregnancy barely got any comments here, the influencer ad money will dry up soon

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Johannah said:

But instead of removing Josh and recognizing him as a predator, they normalized his behavior as gender-related and being “a curious boy.“ The locks and bedroom locations were in response to that, as though that kind of arrangement should be standard in any family or else your daughters might get molested. Instead of josh can’t be trusted, they concluded that boys can’t be trusted. It’s so misguided. 

Let's not forget it's also about locking away the temptation (the girls) and ensuring the boys are not accidentally aroused by one of their sisters. Yuck I feel gross just typing that.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

Let's not forget it's also about locking away the temptation (the girls) and ensuring the boys are not accidentally aroused by one of their sisters. Yuck I feel gross just typing that.

In general I agree, and hate the thought of normalizing boys being sexually attracted to their sisters as a routine concern. but I think the toxic family dynamics, horrible misogyny of the cult, and weird gender roles and sex Ed  played into it. ( I say sex Ed  because despite giving zero helpful information they were indoctrinating their kid into a warped sexuality...How often did they hear Michelle talk in seminars about being available? Or witness JBs gross bedroom jokes? Or sit in those ATI umbrella of authority seminars that said God was teaching victims through their abuse?)

This is a long winded way of saying these precautions may actually have prevented further molestations from other boys. Yes, Josh is an individual molester. But I think these circumstances cultivated his choices - especially if there were earlier instances - and I think that same environment could have cultivated that in the other kids. Who knows if JB and Michelle actually thought it through but I think it was smart. Tragic to not remedy the toxic bs and instead lock doors - but given everything pretty sensible.

• Upvote 9

16 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Don't know about that. Jessa seems like the scapegoat child, she might try hard to please JB, but never was one of the favorites (perhaps to "wilful" and outspoken as a child?)

Jill was planning to go off to Danger America soon after the wedding, but still before that and the quick stint back home, she had two big ass houses.

Meanwhile Jessa always stayed put and hinted that they need a bigger house often as soom as she was pregnant with Henry and they still live in the 2 bedroom with 3 kids.

Or maybe because it was the first non-arranged marriage? Remember when JB made Ben move in the shed and work for him? It took him a lot longer to get "permission" to marry Jessa.

It wasn't because Jessa was unliked, it was that Ben was JUST 18 years old when they started courting, he was too young and had no way to support him & Jessa & the eleventy kids JB expects them to have. Remember Jess is 2.5 years older than Ben, Austin is 18 months older than Ben.

Jessa does seem like the likely heir to the Duggar image, Joshly's out, JD is too awkward and smarmy, Jana is single,, Jill is out, JinJer are trying to be their own brand, Joe & Kendra are too simple, Josiah & Lauren are cringy & Joy & Austin have no interest in that nonsense. Sure some howlers will be getting married off eventually, but the boys are boring. It will be at least 4 or 5 years before Johanna can marry, but fans aren't as invested in the lost girls as they are the older ones.  

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

It wasn't because Jessa was unliked, it was that Ben was JUST 18 years old when they started courting, he was too young and had no way to support him & Jessa & the eleventy kids JB expects them to have. Remember Jess is 2.5 years older than Ben, Austin is 18 months older than Ben.

Jessa does seem like the likely heir to the Duggar image, Joshly's out, JD is too awkward and smarmy, Jana is single,, Jill is out, JinJer are trying to be their own brand, Joe & Kendra are too simple, Josiah & Lauren are cringy & Joy & Austin have no interest in that nonsense. Sure some howlers will be getting married off eventually, but the boys are boring. It will be at least 4 or 5 years before Johanna can marry, but fans aren't as invested in the lost girls as they are the older ones.  

She and Ben do seem perfectly cut out for this - they are both very attractive, with ridiculously adorable children. You know she’s religious, obviously,  but most of her posts aren’t so aggressively religious or political they’ll alienate a wider audience. She seems to be going for relatable more than aspirational  (except for the hot husband) . A lot of folks respond to that more than the ultra-perfect influencers. She gives parenting tips and recipes ( all with YouTube links to build that base) and walks that line between showing all chaos and all sweetness that is life with little kids. I don’t think she needs to have a gazillion children to keep interest going, but wouldn’t be surprised if they ultimately had six or so. 

Making a living primarily off social media seems very, very weird to me. But even in my very small, very non-celebrity circle - I have two family members who according to that calculator are pulling in a nice supplemental income, and know of friends of friends who it’s their sole source of income, and they live comfortably. Strange world. Putting in the various Duggar daughter accounts, the minimum any of them are making is $1-2k per post. That adds up. Wonder if Jana is allowed to use her money? 

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Putting in the various Duggar daughter accounts, the minimum any of them are making is $1-2k per post. That adds up. Wonder if Jana is allowed to use her money? 

I think you're vastly overestimating how much any of the Duggars make with their social media accounts.

They don't earn $1-2k per random post, they (maybe) earn that much per SPONSORED post, which they have to identify as such (although many influencers, Duggars and Bateses included, have failed to to so in the past). I just went 3+ months back through Jessa's IG account and she didn't have a single sponsored post in there. You don't get get paid to post pictures of your kids on Instagram, unless you're advertising a product at the same time. I haven't seen a single post where Jessa is doing that (at least not in the past 3 months). Now I don't follow her on Instagram, so it's possible she occasionally has sponsored content on her stories (which disappear after 24 hours) - but it's definitely not very often.

She's clearly trying to drive traffic to her website and YouTube channel, which I imagine she IS monetizing. But you have to post a LOT more frequently (like, daily, rather than every few weeks like Jessa does) to make a living through YouTube ad revenue. She might get a check for a couple hundred bucks every once in a while, which is nice, but it's not going to provide any kind of livable income.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 2

20 hours ago, Markie said:

I’ve often thought the carport would be an easy addition. That would make a nice extra bedroom. Too bad they didn’t have a basement. Our houses always had basements so bedrooms/rec rooms/offices/playrooms/laundry rooms/wine cellars could be added. 

Agreed on the carport. That could be turned into an “on sweet” (a la Jill Rodrigues) for Ben and Jessa and the current two bedrooms be divvied between the boys and girls. I do think they could use a little more actual living space though too— the kitchen/dining/living room looks cramped. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

I think you're vastly overestimating how much any of the Duggars make with their social media accounts.

They don't earn $1-2k per random post, they (maybe) earn that much per SPONSORED post, which they have to identify as such (although many influencers, Duggars and Bateses included, have failed to to so in the past). I just went 3+ months back through Jessa's IG account and she didn't have a single sponsored post in there. You don't get get paid to post pictures of your kids on Instagram, unless you're advertising a product at the same time. I haven't seen a single post where Jessa is doing that (at least not in the past 3 months). Now I don't follow her on Instagram, so it's possible she occasionally has sponsored content on her stories (which disappear after 24 hours) - but it's definitely not very often.

She's clearly trying to drive traffic to her website and YouTube channel, which I imagine she IS monetizing. But you have to post a LOT more frequently (like, daily, rather than every few weeks like Jessa does) to make a living through YouTube ad revenue. She might get a check for a couple hundred bucks every once in a while, which is nice, but it's not going to provide any kind of livable income.

This is what I was thinking. Random pictures can’t be making them money, right? Only sponsored ads and directing traffic to their blog/YouTube etc. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 6/19/2020 at 2:13 AM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I thought she said she liked the small house because it was less to clean.

I think so, too, Jessa did indeed say that.
However, I’ve personally found this not to be true (though she might very well feel that way). But IMO, it takes less time to store things and keep the rooms rather tidy when you have a good amount of space. Otherwise, things might look cluttered quickly and despite being clean, the apartment/house might seem messy and disorganized.  

On 6/19/2020 at 4:45 AM, squiddysquid said:

Speaking of the turd, where does he live nowadays?

Doesn’t he live in some warehouse type setting on the Duggar compound? Or is that just a rumor?

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

I think so, too, Jesse did indeed say that.
However, I’ve personally found this not to be true (though she might very well feel that way). But IMO, it takes less time to store things and keep the rooms rather tidy when you have a good amount of space. Otherwise, things might look cluttered quickly and despite being clean, the apartment/house might seem messy and disorganized.  

Doesn’t he live in some warehouse type setting on the Duggar compound? Or is that just a rumor?

I don’t think anyone has confirmed where they live. A warehouse, like where the family used to store all the crap that they were too busy to dispose of or rehome?  The place where they had the auction for the Nicu? Certainly not the rodent infested room where they housed Ben? Maybe that room was attached to a bigger place? Did that room even have a window? These people are so gross. They could all have a better, healthier standard of living with some education, family planning and smaller family sizes.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

It hasn’t been officially confirmed, but posters here have been pretty sure that Anna’s social media posts match what we’ve seen of that building on the show. They call it the “guest house,” but never talked about building an actual guest house. They probably renovated the warehouse where they had built a room for Ben into a guest house a few years ago. We’re also not sure why Josh and Anna moved in, but most likely they needed money and were forced to sell their house. (They definitely sold the house.)

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

On 6/19/2020 at 4:17 PM, JillyO said:

I haven’t posted on YouTube since March. I still make a few 100 a month but you definitely don’t need to post daily on there to make a living. Once a week would be sufficient. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7

21 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

I haven’t posted on YouTube since March. I still make a few 100 a month but you definitely don’t need to post daily on there to make a living. Once a week would be sufficient. 

Guess I'm a dinosaur. Until the Lori Laughlin thing, I had no idea that being an "influencer" was actually a career. And have to say that although I'm happy for people who can make money at it, if my granddaughters tell me they are aspiring to be social media influencers as a career choice there will be some heart palpitations.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

On 6/20/2020 at 12:27 PM, JoiseyGoil said:

Is Ben the only fundie to acknowledge Juneteenth? 

Jill also posted about it in her Insta stories; I don't remember exactly what it said. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/18/2020 at 9:33 PM, Mama Mia said:

The thing with the various daughters social media money is that it is likely independent from JB and Michelle’s control.

I'm not so sure about that.  I could see JB taking that money too.  I think he's that controlling.  That's just my opinion.

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic