IGNORED

Seewalds 43: Pants may Have Been Worn Or Not

HerNameIsBuffy

38 minutes ago, mpheels said:

They haven’t moved because that story line hasn’t come up yet. Next season...

Jana has entered the chat...

• Haha 15

10 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

It is hard to see how they fit another baby in the house but Chad and Erin Paine do it... Their house seems to be a similar size. I don't think it is impossible to do, especially when the kids are young. My Grandmother's house was only 950 sqft and she raised 6 kids in it. 

I do think Jessa is hoping for #4 soon. I think she is hoping for another girl and I think she would be excited to be pregnant the same time as Jinger. 

Same with my grandparents, they had 3 boys & 3 girls the boys in 1 room the girls in the other, it was only a 2 bedroom house, but my grandfather walled off a section of the living room for a small bedroom for him & my grandma. It fit a double bed a  he built in a wardrobe cupboard on one wall & that was it. 

• Upvote 10

How many bedrooms do they have? Did they add a third bedroom recently? 
With three bedrooms and the big garden it should be okay for now, even with a fourth.
But when the kids get bigger they need to move.

I don't think they need to move. 4 kids in a 3-bedroom house (if that's the case) sounds perfectly fine to me. But I suppose it won't stay at 4 kids for long. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

54 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

I don't think they need to move. 4 kids in a 3-bedroom house (if that's the case) sounds perfectly fine to me. But I suppose it won't stay at 4 kids for long. 

They have a two-bedroom house.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

They have a two-bedroom house.

I thought they added a room but now I realize that that was only the deck I think. Then they really need to do something or the boys and girls have to share a room ?

• Upvote 2

Two bedrooms and front recent YouTube videos it looks like the boys are both in the second bedroom now.  

Not that I want them to, but if they out bunks in the room and ditch the full size bed in there now, they could put a toddler bed there as well.  And remember, Jessa comes from a sad environment where it is “normal” to have a room full of bunk beds.

Edited by clueliss
Riffles
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

25 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Two bedrooms and front recent YouTube videos it looks like the boys are both in the second bedroom now.  

Not that I want them to, but if they out bunks in the room and ditch the full size bed in there now, they could put a toddler bed there as well.  And remember, Jessa comes from a sad environment where it is “normal” to have a room full of bunk beds.

They used to put two kids to a twin bunk so I don't think anything would be a problem for a few more kids sadly. 

• Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

They used to put two kids to a twin bunk so I don't think anything would be a problem for a few more kids sadly. 

But they always split up boys and girls. So when they get a fourth kid and Ivy is moved to a toddler bed they do need a 'girls room' at some point.

• Upvote 5

They're many kids off from feeling like they "have" to move, based on how Jessa grew up. 

I don't think it's a big deal to have four kids in that house, really. Even 50 years ago it wouldn't have been too terribly uncommon to have a big family in a small house. And up through preschool you probably mostly want them in sight or hearing range anyway. 

I really hope that they don't have tons and tons of kids, however. Four kids is a largish normal family, and as an even number works out well for most things. (I grew up in a family of 5 - mom, dad, and three kids - and that was irritating. I can't tell you how often I had to, as the oldest, ride a roller coaster by myself because my parents were sitting with my younger siblings, and things like that. Having an odd number really sucked for me.)

They seem like they enjoy the kids they have, but that can't last through a ton of kids!

I'm not going to snark too much on them not mentioning adoption anymore. Maybe they've changed their minds. Maybe they've done more research and decided it wasn't a good choice for them. Maybe they've decided to wait until they and their bio kids are older. There's plenty else to snark on them about for me. (and that's all for ME, I'm not trying to say what anyone else should or shouldn't do, for the record.)

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

If Jessa is expecting now or in the near future maybe just maybe it's a positive thing. 

We've speculated that Benn and Jessa might end up more on the large family side as opposed to the mega family size (6-8 kids)

If that's still something they are hoping for they might want to try and keep them reasonably close together in age so that as the grow older they can have siblings close in age to play with and to make it a bit easier now when they are younger. 

I don't want to have kids and don't plan to. But if I knew my plan was to have 7 I might try and have them within a "smaller" window instead of having big spacing between them. 

• Upvote 5

Doesn’t the boys’ room also serve as Ben’s office/study? It looks like that home has plenty of room and options for an addition. With all those Duggar men and their various business expertise, I’d think it would be an easy enough task...living through it is a different problem, but these folks are use to hodgepodge living.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember Jackson sharing a bed with Jana in the dim and distant past.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

But they always split up boys and girls. So when they get a fourth kid and Ivy is moved to a toddler bed they do need a 'girls room' at some point.

They split the, up in the TTH post PervyJosh issues.  

I believe in the rental they were in before that and pose the house before that it was a 3 bedroom house with one bedroom dedicated to family closet, one as tJB and Michelle’s so one room left for the kids (and one bathroom)

• Upvote 5

They didn't add a room they added either french doors or a sliding glass door to the back of the house I think off of the boys bedroom(?) which is INSANE IMO, but they added a big deck off that new door, for better access to the back yard.  The house is 2 bedrooms 1 bathroom, and if I remember correctly, around 900 sq feet.  The ranch style of their house makes it super easy to add on to the back of the house. Heck they could hire Austin to do the remodel, JB would have to foot the bill for Austin's time & the supplies, Austin would need paid since this IS how he makes money. But they have all those howlers, plus, JD, Joe & Josiah need something to do. 

DH & my's first house was 944s q feet, it was 3 bedrooms & 1.5 baths it was perfect for 3 of us, we had a spare room for toys & a little play room for our oldest, when #2 came along, she slept in our room for a while, but when we moved her to her own room we lost the play room, so the living room became the play room, my office, the kitchen table was also just off the living room it was one big room of chaos. We stayed there until DD was 4, it took over a year to sell, the 1st time we listed it it had no garage or dishwasher, so we built a garage & put in a dishwasher & people would offer less than what we originally listed it for, w/o the garage, then realtors had the audacity to get pissed when we said NO.  We listed the house for $115k and they would offer $85k, sorry that is what we bought the house for 7 years ago, and we replaced the roof, the furnace, new flooring all over the house, replaced the driveway, built a garage. All that stuff was less than 5 years old.  Sorry its been 16 years and I'm still scarred by this. 

TL;DR, as a family of 4 in a house roughly the same size, w/ 3 beds & 1 bath & a -  1/2 bath, we felt very crampt, can't imagine a family of 6 in 2 bedrooms & one bath. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

They split the, up in the TTH post PervyJosh issues.  

I believe in the rental they were in before that and pose the house before that it was a 3 bedroom house with one bedroom dedicated to family closet, one as tJB and Michelle’s so one room left for the kids (and one bathroom)

I think the smaller houses did at least have separate boys’ and girls’ rooms, but little boys were allowed to sleep with their buddies.

• Thank You 1

Am I remembering correctly that on an episode when they were building the erector set/big house they mentioned putting a lock on the door of the girls’ room but not on the boys’ room? I would have thought that was to prevent the evils of male masturbation, but now I’m thinking it was actually to “protect” the girls from Josh. So fucked up. 

• Upvote 5

Yes I’m pretty sure they explained that in the Megan Kelly interview. Separating girls and boys and locks on doors was part of what they did (were mandated to do maybe?) after Josh molested the girls.

They also stopped letting the boys be babysitters/primary childcare. This is why we never saw Josh, John David, Joe, and Josiah be buddy team leaders though I’m sure strict gender roles also factored into it.

I believe the house layout also reflects this: boys at one end, girls at the other and master bedroom near girls. I think all of these were good decisions. If only they had done them sooner.

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 12

They also designed the house so that the boys were on the other side of the landing and the parents room (that you had to walk past to get to) and the girls room on the other side. 

• Upvote 3

I do think they would be more okay with genders sharing a bedroom if the older ones are girls.

So it they had 2 older girls they would be okay with adding a baby brother to their room but not the other way around.

All because of Josh. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

But instead of removing Josh and recognizing him as a predator, they normalized his behavior as gender-related and being “a curious boy.“ The locks and bedroom locations were in response to that, as though that kind of arrangement should be standard in any family or else your daughters might get molested. Instead of josh can’t be trusted, they concluded that boys can’t be trusted. It’s so misguided. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10

Given Jessa seems to be the heir apparent for the Duggar brand now, I’m sure any new house will be worked into a storyline/grifting opportunity.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, Johannah said:

Instead of josh can’t be trusted, they concluded that boys can’t be trusted. It’s so misguided. 

Yes; I wonder if that's when NIKE!! started.

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2020 at 7:33 AM, Alisamer said:

They're many kids off from feeling like they "have" to move, based on how Jessa grew up. 

I don't think it's a big deal to have four kids in that house, really. Even 50 years ago it wouldn't have been too terribly uncommon to have a big family in a small house. And up through preschool you probably mostly want them in sight or hearing range anyway. 

I really hope that they don't have tons and tons of kids, however. Four kids is a largish normal family, and as an even number works out well for most things. (I grew up in a family of 5 - mom, dad, and three kids - and that was irritating. I can't tell you how often I had to, as the oldest, ride a roller coaster by myself because my parents were sitting with my younger siblings, and things like that. Having an odd number really sucked for me.)

They seem like they enjoy the kids they have, but that can't last through a ton of kids!

I'm not going to snark too much on them not mentioning adoption anymore. Maybe they've changed their minds. Maybe they've done more research and decided it wasn't a good choice for them. Maybe they've decided to wait until they and their bio kids are older. There's plenty else to snark on them about for me. (and that's all for ME, I'm not trying to say what anyone else should or shouldn't do, for the record.)

I agree. The house seems large enough for them and 4 kids without an addition, especially since they seem to co-sleep and at least with Henry, he was sleeping in the room with them past 2. In a recent instagram I noticed they Had a sleeping mat and pillow on the floor, so quite possible he’s still in there with them, at least sometimes. They also have a very nice backyard set up for the kids, and “the big house” to run around in when they need a break. I’d assume if they stay put and as the kids get older, especially if they have more, they’ll add another bedroom and bath. 

Jessa does seem practical. They are making a good amount of money off her social media (I’d guess at minimum $100 thousand annually given her number of followers- probably a great deal more )  I’m sure she knows it isn’t guaranteed, they live  in an extremely inexpensive part of the country, with very minimal expenses.  They should be able to move up to a larger home, or add a nice addition, when they feel the need. 

One of the many problems with her being an older daughter in a mega family is that she might have 8 or 10 kids thinking it’s not “too much” until it overwhelms her to the point of relying too much on older siblings, and getting perpetually worn out and mean. Hopefully they keep it to a manageable number. Whatever that is for them. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Given Jessa seems to be the heir apparent for the Duggar brand now, I’m sure any new house will be worked into a storyline/grifting opportunity.

Don't know about that. Jessa seems like the scapegoat child, she might try hard to please JB, but never was one of the favorites (perhaps to "wilful" and outspoken as a child?)

Jill was planning to go off to Danger America soon after the wedding, but still before that and the quick stint back home, she had two big ass houses.

Meanwhile Jessa always stayed put and hinted that they need a bigger house often as soom as she was pregnant with Henry and they still live in the 2 bedroom with 3 kids.

Or maybe because it was the first non-arranged marriage? Remember when JB made Ben move in the shed and work for him? It took him a lot longer to get "permission" to marry Jessa.

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic