IGNORED

Seewalds 43: Pants may Have Been Worn Or Not

HerNameIsBuffy

JB discourages working for others ( A Gothard tenet) because it forces  his offspring to be dependent on him, leaving him in control. DD came to his senses, and has distanced his family from that support and control. Recently, I read  a blurb in the Sun publication. I do not know if it’s factual or not, but it claimed that Joy and A. are also stepping away from the program. It seemed to base this notion on the photo of the upcoming season where the Fs are not pictured. For those who will reference the year the Seewalds weren’t photographed for a new season, that year only those new to the family were included ( new spouses, babies, newly expectant...)

• Upvote 4

I am ot trying to be mean, but Jessa's latest IG post and "Made in the image of God" pisses me off.

She posts this, but at the same time will call my best friend a sinner and condemn her for marrying the love of her life; another woman.

Show some real love, empathy and compassion Jessa or say nothing at all.

• Upvote 15

THANK YOU @Timetraveler we can't be impressed because they uploaded an image of God image but literally vote against people that look like me. They are doing this 100% for clout. 

The Episcopal Church for example has been assisting protesters and spoken out against the President. The duggars are just like "hey we are all the image of God but I'm still going to attack you if you're a Black woman who has an abortion".

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

They're perfectly willing to post a convenient, one-day, say-nothing statement but you KNOW they're fuming about those unruly protesters who won't respect the flag and know more than one quote from MLK. I'd love to know how much she'd like to see cut from police budgets and how much she'd reduce incarceration rates. I'm guessing the answer is "none, you commie."

• Upvote 14

21 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

I am ot trying to be mean, but Jessa's latest IG post and "Made in the image of God" pisses me off.

She posts this, but at the same time will call my best friend a sinner and condemn her for marrying the love of her life; another woman.

Show some real love, empathy and compassion Jessa or say nothing at all.

A lot of the fundies on IG are posting bible verses on black backgrounds. It's their way of being condescending, while pretending to not be racist. They aren't actually saying anything, just regurgitating words from their favorite book. A bunch of Mortons did it too. And Campanas & their circle. 

I didn't read most of the verses because to be honest, it pissed me right the f* off. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lily & Ellie who run the Duggar family blog have just posted about Ivy being Jessa’s “mini me”. They then said, based on Ivy now having turned one, that Ben and Jessa could (& I quote)

“ be “expecting” another pregnancy in the near future”

It is totally out of character for them to speculate or tease in this way so I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that Jessa is having number four. What does anyone else think? Is this just to drum up interest during a rather lack lustre time for the Duggar’s or will it turn out to be true and Jessa and Jinger can have the joy of being pregnant at the same time?

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

That is interesting...I would only ‘expect’ them to say something like that if a public announcement was imminent.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I had the same thought when I read that. They never speculate, so that comment seemed to come out of nowhere. And Jessa hasn't posted a pic of herself below the collar since, what, Easter? Count me in that she's pregnant and we'll see an announcement soon.

• Sad 2

Maybe Jessa will have two babies in quick succession and have a longer gap after the 2nd. She & Jinger were super close so I'm guessing she wants that for her kids, I'm sure she's hopping to have another girl so Ivy & #4 can be BFFs.

• Upvote 5

I think, at least from their social media, that Ivy has been an easier baby than Spurgeon or Henry were and that if she is pregnant it’s because she thinks she’ll get another easy baby. Or that she thinks she’s got the hang of parenting enough that parenting one more wouldn’t be hard. I know she’s talked about how the boys are so rambunctious and how Henry has some food allergy issues, and maybe Ivy hasn’t had any of that. My SIL is feeling the same right now and bugging her husband for another baby and their first is only barely six months! If Jessa’s already pregnant, that would be the shortest gap between kids right? 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I think, at least from their social media, that Ivy has been an easier baby than Spurgeon or Henry were and that if she is pregnant it’s because she thinks she’ll get another easy baby. Or that she thinks she’s got the hang of parenting enough that parenting one more wouldn’t be hard. I know she’s talked about how the boys are so rambunctious and how Henry has some food allergy issues, and maybe Ivy hasn’t had any of that. My SIL is feeling the same right now and bugging her husband for another baby and their first is only barely six months! If Jessa’s already pregnant, that would be the shortest gap between kids right? 

Spurg & Henry are only 15 months apart so she would have gotten pregnant when Spurgeon was only 6ish months old. If she's even 3 months pregnant Ivy would have been 9 months old. She'd have to be due a few weeks before Joy to have Ivy & number 4 closer together than S & H. If she's close to 3 months she'd be due at the end of the year making them about 18 months apart. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

29 minutes ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I didn’t get that impression, especially as Spurgeon was always phrased to be the easy child especially after Henry came along (although the comparison was phrased not in a bad way, which I applaud her for. I think it’s unfair to brand a child complicated just because you had an super easy first one). 
I think (if true) either, they got the boys out of the family bed (which they had at one point iirc) and had more sex or she just got pregnant faster this time. There is no indication at all that there is or was some sort of planning involved. The longer span to Ivy was pretty explainable when they talked about how they went around parenting after Henry (sleeping situation, a more strong willed child, them actually take some time to care for their children- all factors that reduce time and energy for some hanky-panky). 

• Upvote 5

I don't see how they'll reasonably fit another child in that house. They're stretched as it is, unless they can knock up some kind of extension super quick.

I know Jessa is very pro the whole Duggar origin story but surely she doesn't want to repeat her own early childhood experience of a million kids in a tiny little house? It won't fly too well on her social media either.

• Upvote 5

36 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

I don't see how they'll reasonably fit another child in that house. They're stretched as it is, unless they can knock up some kind of extension super quick.

I know Jessa is very pro the whole Duggar origin story but surely she doesn't want to repeat her own early childhood experience of a million kids in a tiny little house? It won't fly too well on her social media either.

It is hard to see how they fit another baby in the house but Chad and Erin Paine do it... Their house seems to be a similar size. I don't think it is impossible to do, especially when the kids are young. My Grandmother's house was only 950 sqft and she raised 6 kids in it. 

I do think Jessa is hoping for #4 soon. I think she is hoping for another girl and I think she would be excited to be pregnant the same time as Jinger. 

• Upvote 5

54 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

It is hard to see how they fit another baby in the house but Chad and Erin Paine do it... Their house seems to be a similar size. I don't think it is impossible to do, especially when the kids are young. My Grandmother's house was only 950 sqft and she raised 6 kids in it. 

I do think Jessa is hoping for #4 soon. I think she is hoping for another girl and I think she would be excited to be pregnant the same time as Jinger. 

True, I guess Jessa's social circle is probably full of people doing the same - she may not even question it. But this fundie maiden/mama thing has seriously diminishing returns - queen bee bride to smug newlywed to one gorgeous honeymoon baby, to three cute little stairstep tykes to dress up... and then one day you're crying in the laundry room while your six kids squabble outside. At some point this surely stops being very aspirational, and I think Jessa wants to be aspirational. In a worldly way.

I think we are starting to witness this generation reaching the point of 'is this all there is?' I'd hazard that it's creeping up on Jessa: it's definitely hit Jill and Sierra, and they've responded in polar opposite ways. At least Joy and Jinger keep things fresh by house flipping/relocating/shilling. But Josiah got there when he was about 18. I don't think they're going to defect or anything, but with the ULTIMATE GOALS of marriage and babies all nailed down so early on, and no encouragement to aspire to anything else, the shine is going to start coming off it. And even with TLC and JimBob's money coming in, things are only going to get harder.

• Upvote 21

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

But what about their ‘heart to adopt’??? You don’t say they make things up to sound good??!!

At least we haven’t heard that one lately. Probably someone pointed out to them that they won’t be allowed to adopt while they have babies coming frequently.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Angelface said:

Lily & Ellie who run the Duggar family blog have just posted about Ivy being Jessa’s “mini me”. They then said, based on Ivy now having turned one, that Ben and Jessa could (& I quote)

“ be “expecting” another pregnancy in the near future”

It is totally out of character for them to speculate or tease in this way so I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that Jessa is having number four. What does anyone else think? Is this just to drum up interest during a rather lack lustre time for the Duggar’s or will it turn out to be true and Jessa and Jinger can have the joy of being pregnant at the same time?

I agree that speculation from them is not common, but that blog - despite being run by so-called "friends of the Duggars" - only re-posts information already posted elsewhere. They never have any sort of scoop before anyone else does, so I'm not sure I would put too much stock in it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

What makes me raise an eyebrow on that post is the fact that they have written "expecting" in the quote as if there is something different, I don't know is just strange, why say it like that? It is not something speculative, they are saying she could be pregnant soon, is just weird. Sure they are not big writers, usually they just repost "news" that has been posted elsewhere or post about birthdays and anniversary, but this is a strange way of writing. Maybe they really are into something, maybe just speculation based on the age difference between Spurgue and Harry.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

What makes me raise an eyebrow on that post is the fact that they have written "expecting" in the quote as if there is something different, I don't know is just strange, why say it like that? It is not something speculative, they are saying she could be pregnant soon, is just weird. Sure they are not big writers, usually they just repost "news" that has been posted elsewhere or post about birthdays and anniversary, but this is a strange way of writing. Maybe they really are into something, maybe just speculation based on the age difference between Spurgue and Harry.

I think it’s a reference to the Duggars’ preferred euphemism for pregnancy being “expecting.”

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, Idlewild said:

But what about their ‘heart to adopt’??? You don’t say they make things up to sound good??!!

Likely they were pursuing adoption between Henry and Ivy. They even mentioned foster-to-adopt. But, everyone I know who's done that, they're not allowed to post photos on social media until the adoption is at least really close. Permanent placement, I think it's called. No way could Ben and Jessa film if they had a foster child. Sure they could edit them out, but that'd be extremely awkward.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I think the Paines can more easily pull off the small house because/If social media is accurate, Erin is a far more meticulous and interested housekeeper and organizer. Jessa, true to Duggar form, not so much. Having a place for everything and being strict about everything going back in it’s place, helps quite a bit. 
Not sure why the Seewalds haven’t moved. They have talked about it in the past, and even had an episode where they looked at homes, or maybe that was Jill? I think the fact that they haven’t sold this home to move up is a good indicator that JB does in fact control the purse strings for all of these families. After a while it almost seems like they’re  crowding them in like puppies. It’s gross when you consider that it’s a choice and not a necessity. They have money and the ability to secure and use BC-

• Upvote 5

I think it’s possible to have four little kids in a small space like that. Especially with decent yard space. It’s when the kids get bigger it gets rough.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic