IGNORED

Seewalds 43: Pants may Have Been Worn Or Not

HerNameIsBuffy

I watched her video about picky eaters. I laughed because basically she threw Michelle under the bus. I doubt it was intentional, but her advice was basically "feed your kids the opposite way than my parents did".

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

18 hours ago, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

@haroldtheyrefundies i get her logic too (though as a February baby myself  I call bulls*** on getting practical gifts because a bday is close to Christmas, I hated that when I was little). Even shitty gifts should be gift wrapped though, if only to prevent the moment when Henry opens the box and Jessa didn’t know if the feeder was made of GLASS or not

Yup. My husban's birthday is close to Christmas and he hated how his parents cheated out on his birthday. I've heard this from other people whose birthdays are close to Christmas too. 

My son has a January birthday so we make sure that it is a special day. He does get fewer gifts than Christmas but still lots of stuff he has enjoyed. I tend to use reusable wrap for adults but tearing off wrapping paper for kids is fun so I did use wrapping paper for most of his presents. 

• Upvote 1

I absolutely loathe wrapping gifts and avoid it whenever possible. My dad doesn't like it either and buys gift bags every year for everyone's gifts at Christmas. I keep any bags we get and recycle them year after year. With my Christmas decor, there is a box dedicated to gift bags. I used to keep bags people gave my kids birthday gifts in as well, but I gave in and did away with those when we moved over the summer for practicality reasons. We don't make a big deal of Santa vs us yet (my oldest is only 3) and so I've just always lined up gifts from us in front of the tree for them to dive into when we do Christmas. 3yo's birthday is about a month before Christmas and I still do experiences or practical gifts a lot of times for his birthday, like a trip to the aquarium or a new bed or similar. He gets plenty of gifts from family members. He got so much for his birthday this year there are still gifts I haven't opened for him to play with yet! I know that will evolve as he gets older as will probably my presentation when it comes to gifts. Right now it just seems so pointless and wasteful to wrap stuff up for either of my boys.

• Upvote 3

Ben has retweeted a message that says basically Christians cannot vote Democrat or they’d be endorsing murder and infanticide. The replies are along the lines of Trump may not be perfect but abortion. So I think Ben is laying the groundwork for following the family line & voting for Trump. I suppose it’s easier than getting a proper job and being able to form your own views.

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 15
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Ben has retweeted a message that says basically Christians cannot vote Democrat or they’d be endorsing murder and infanticide. The replies are along the lines of Trump may not be perfect but abortion. So I think Ben is laying the groundwork for following the family line & voting for Trump. I suppose it’s easier than getting a proper job and being able to form your own views.

I guess it helps that none of the republicans ever go through with their promises to the extreme religious right and thus Abortion - why would they, they still need the votes as they have as of now not fully wrecked the government services of the US - , and chances are that once they have  banned abortion, remove the 19th, ban birth control, and generally got back to the 1850 the US population will be too poor, too hungry, too homeless and with way too many children to even bother about voting.  

But i guess if as with all the male Duggars - born in or marriaged in - they are professional inseminators who get paid by successful pregnancy, and thus, his job is to knock his wife up for money rather then get a job and grow a brain. (this does not imply that they don't love their kids, one hopes they truly do. It just says that they have children for money. TLC Money.)  

It's actually funny that his little sister is out earning her big brother who has got three kids. 

*Inseminater - i made that word up. I derive it from here:

https://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/guide/artificial-insemination#1

In artificial insemination, a doctor inserts sperm directly into a woman's cervix, fallopian tubes, or uterus.

The most common methodis  called "intrauterine insemination (IUI)," when a doctor places the sperm in the uterus

It is somewhat rude i guess, but i can't find a better word to be honest. This is literally what is keeping them in bread and butter, keeping their wifes pregnant and thus in the news, which equals money. So yeah, i guess voting for Trump beats getting a job. And 'working to get abortion banned' is a good reason to vote for the current cabal occupying the white house, right? 

Edited by Sabine
typing slower then thinking and forgetting words, forgetting lot's of o's, its vs it's
  • Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1

5 hours ago, Idlewild said:

He voted third party last time. Maybe that isn't it!

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, lizzybee said:

I absolutely loathe wrapping gifts and avoid it whenever possible. My dad doesn't like it either and buys gift bags every year for everyone's gifts at Christmas. I keep any bags we get and recycle them year after year. With my Christmas decor, there is a box dedicated to gift bags. I used to keep bags people gave my kids birthday gifts in as well, but I gave in and did away with those when we moved over the summer for practicality reasons. We don't make a big deal of Santa vs us yet (my oldest is only 3) and so I've just always lined up gifts from us in front of the tree for them to dive into when we do Christmas. 3yo's birthday is about a month before Christmas and I still do experiences or practical gifts a lot of times for his birthday, like a trip to the aquarium or a new bed or similar. He gets plenty of gifts from family members. He got so much for his birthday this year there are still gifts I haven't opened for him to play with yet! I know that will evolve as he gets older as will probably my presentation when it comes to gifts. Right now it just seems so pointless and wasteful to wrap stuff up for either of my boys.

If it helps, for Santa we had a "sack" (specific blue pillowcases) that Santa's presents were in when i was growing up.  These were left either at our doors, or in our room (I can't remember which, and it may depend on age).  Santa's presents also weren't wrapped.  The family gifts were under the Christmas tree and wrapped.

• Upvote 4

My ex has a cousin whose daughter was born just before Christmas, and as a result she never got presents because "it's too close to Christmas."  One year the girl made a pretty good plea for celebrating her birthday, because it wasn't fair.  Her parents thought it over and told her they agreed, so on her next birthday, they presented her with several packages.  In one were several pairs of sparkly socks, but only one of each pair.  She was told she'd get the rest of them on Christmas.  One package had a single glove, she'd get the mate on Christmas.  A lot of her presents came in pairs, and the rest were things that came with batteries or accessories that would be given to her on Christmas.  When the cake was served, they'd bought a plain two layer round cake and some sugar letters to spell happy birthday with, and they'd cut it in half.  Her half had 'Hap-' and Birt-' and part of her name.  They did put all of the candles on her half.  They laughed while she cried, and when retelling the story they'd always note the disapproval on peoples faces and laugh some more because obviously no one else had their great sense of humor.  They were quite proud that she never asked for a birthday party again.  Instead, her grandparents stepped in and took care of her birthdays after that.

BTW, the next day most of her Christmas presents were the expected second part of her birthday gifts, with some regular Christmas gifts thrown in.  The second half of the cake had the second half of 'Merry Christmas' on it.  Let us all pause to chuckle roundly.

They seemed like excellent parents in many ways, but when you took a closer look, there were a lot of stories where they were pretty awful.

• Disgust 5
  • Sad 31
  • WTF 14

31 minutes ago, Flossie said:

My ex has a cousin whose daughter was born just before Christmas, and as a result she never got presents because "it's too close to Christmas."  One year the girl made a pretty good plea for celebrating her birthday, because it wasn't fair.  Her parents thought it over and told her they agreed, so on her next birthday, they presented her with several packages.  In one were several pairs of sparkly socks, but only one of each pair.  She was told she'd get the rest of them on Christmas.  One package had a single glove, she'd get the mate on Christmas.  A lot of her presents came in pairs, and the rest were things that came with batteries or accessories that would be given to her on Christmas.  When the cake was served, they'd bought a plain two layer round cake and some sugar letters to spell happy birthday with, and they'd cut it in half.  Her half had 'Hap-' and Birt-' and part of her name.  They did put all of the candles on her half.  They laughed while she cried, and when retelling the story they'd always note the disapproval on peoples faces and laugh some more because obviously no one else had their great sense of humor.  They were quite proud that she never asked for a birthday party again.  Instead, her grandparents stepped in and took care of her birthdays after that.

BTW, the next day most of her Christmas presents were the expected second part of her birthday gifts, with some regular Christmas gifts thrown in.  The second half of the cake had the second half of 'Merry Christmas' on it.  Let us all pause to chuckle roundly.

They seemed like excellent parents in many ways, but when you took a closer look, there were a lot of stories where they were pretty awful.

A letter to the above mentioned parents:

Guess who controls the basic time of year their offspring are born? Hint, it’s not the child!

Signed,

A December 20-25 Birthday, Married to a December 20-25 Birthday

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, RainbowSky said:

He voted third party last time. Maybe that isn't it!

Weren't all the third party candidates pro-choice? Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that was the case. At any rate, single issue voters are the worst. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I had a BIL with a 12-26 birthday. I made him a birthday cake for his 25th birthday, the first year I was married to his brother. Made the poor guy cry. Said he'd never had a birthday cake because there were always "lots of left overs from Christmas".  Believe me, he got one every year he was my BIL. Then I moved half way across the country, so I guess he was back to leftovers.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 19

2 hours ago, Flossie said:

And people wonder why adult children sometimes choose to cut contact with their parents.  This is just mean-spirited.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 11

My grandma had a Christmas Eve birthday. Oh that woman would make sure everyone knew they better not skip her birthday present. I'd almost admire her if she hadn't complained about my parents spoiling me with a Mickey Mouse birthday cake, which is three days before Halloween. "She's gonna have plenty of sugar in a few days". Whatever, Grandma. :pb_rollseyes:

As for Ben...lol. He should stick to staying quiet on social media. Did he ever confirm he voted third party? I wouldn't be shocked if he just flat out didn't vote. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

@FaithAndReason, Gary Johnson of the Lbertarian Party is pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, and pro-legalization of cannabis. So no, I dont think Ben voted 3rd party unless it's for that guy from Utah whose name escapes me. 

2 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Gary Johnson of the Lbertarian Party is pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, and pro-legalization of cannabis.

If he had a shot I'd vote for him.  

At least like to buy the guy an edible.

• Upvote 5

I would vote for someone like Gary Johnson if they had a shot absolutely. It's why I want 3rd parties to be included. Or even just do away with political parties altogether. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I would vote for someone like Gary Johnson if they had a shot absolutely. It's why I want 3rd parties to be included. Or even just do away with political parties altogether. 

Agreed.  The two party system is completely broken.  It's like a malicious game of dodge ball rather than governance.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10

12ABE35C-D57F-4C9C-9B87-A1E82EF81721.thumb.jpeg.c6808b126d7ee7ae4a2cc6afffe52f22.jpeg

Most of the never-trump types have since fallen into line to support him, so I would be somewhat surprised if Ben hadn’t by now as well. Either way, there’s not a snowflake’s chance in hell he’d ever vote Democrat. This is the dude who named his son Spurgeon. He may not be exactly the same type of fundie as his in-laws, but he’s definitely still fundie as all get out.

• Upvote 20

My son was born close to Christmas, and he gets one present for his birthday, with a family birthday celebration, and one present for Christmas. I like to acknowledge his birthday separate from Christmas. The issue is that both sets of grandparents want to celebrate too, so in addition to our own celebrations, he gets birthday celebration + Christmas celebration #2 at his grandparents in country A, and birthday celebration + Christmas celebration #3 at his grandma in country B. I told my mom and my MIL that maybe we should skip birthday #2 and #3, but they both got mad at me and said that they don't see their grandson enough, they want to celebrate him, etc. etc. 

OK....Spoiled little monkey :bigheart:

• Upvote 8

I have no issue with the no toy's thing given how close it is to Christmas his birthday and how big her family is he will probably end up with a lot of toys anyway. I hate wrapping paper and avoid it all costs as well so don't blame her for not using it though for young children I'd at least wrap somethings. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/8/2020 at 1:52 PM, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

Jessa’s YouTube video of Henry’s “one present per day for week but no toys” birthday is a bit sad. I get what they are trying to do, but wouldn’t you start this on Spurgeon’s birthday, as the older one who already understands how birthdays work?  It seem like a little thing, but poor Spurgeon has to watch Henry get a gift everyday and keep sweet about it. He must be sitting their thinking “my birthday only lasted a day??? How come Henry gets a week?” 

Also, buy some gift wrap for crying out loud. I agree the birthday cards for little kids are dumb but a little birthday wrapping paper at least makes it special. Poor Henry doesn’t understand how opening his gifts is any different from opening the mail.

Could you please explain this a bit more for those of us who don't like to click on them?

Why did they do this?

4 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

@FaithAndReason, Gary Johnson of the Lbertarian Party is pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, and pro-legalization of cannabis. So no, I dont think Ben voted 3rd party unless it's for that guy from Utah whose name escapes me. 

I'd bet that he voted for Darrell Castle, the Constitution Party's presidential candidate.

• I Agree 1

Yeah I was thinking it was a more obscure 3rd party candidate. 

Yeah Evan Macmullin was the guy I was thinking of. Though I did wonder about the Constitution Oarty. My final guess is he wrote in Ben Carson or Ted Cruz. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SassyPants said:

A letter to the above mentioned parents:

Guess who controls the basic time of year their offspring are born? Hint, it’s not the child!

Signed,

A December 20-25 Birthday, Married to a December 20-25 Birthday

I am a December 20th baby, It sucked as a kid. I would get my birthday presents from family on Xmas day and they would combine them and get me a "bigger" present, usually jewelry. I would be so sad while all my cousins were running around with new toys when I could have had 6 toys instead of three pieces of jewelry. I was a tom boy and didn't wear jewelry. I was the only Xmas baby in my family so no one else understood or had the need to understand, how I envied all the cool b'day parties and presents my cousins had. I try to make other Xmas babies feel special. My daughter is March, so the practical side of me is like, OMG there are  xmas presents she still hasn't gotten around to using, the hurt little girl from childhood is like woooooohoooo POOL PARTY AND PRESENTS A GO!

• Love 12

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic