IGNORED

Lori Alexander 74: Anniversary Pain

Hell, I managed to have both my marriages end in divorce before marriage equality became the law of the land—but, wait! I made two wedding cakes for commitment ceremonies before then, so I obviously doomed my marriage to Ex-Mr.-Hane-#2.

• Upvote 7

22 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Not just the "gay agenda." I'm still waiting for all the gay married people to ruin my marriage to Mr. Dress.

That's what the fundi-gelicals all predicted. That  legal "gay marriage"  would ruin and demean marriage. 

So far I don't see any signs of ruin, but maybe the "gay agenda" is so subtle and insidious that we haven't noticed our relationship is in ruins and tatters.

At Christian school that was always their argument and I always asked them how it would ruin marriage. No one ever answered the question. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Did you see about the girl who was kicked out of a Christian school for having a rainbow themed birthday? Her parents posted a picture of her with her rainbow cake and sweater. The kicker... the girl is apparently not gay she just wanted that for her birthday. The school says she schools have returned the cake when she learned that the “multi colored cake” that was ordered was rainbow. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/columns/heidi-stevens/ct-heidi-stevens-girl-expelled-rainbow-cake-lgbt-john-pavlovitz-0115-20200115-mxctamkj2bebjlfsa3okbjzx4i-story.html%3foutputType=amp

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 3

20 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I would go to a gay wedding every day and twice on Sunday rather than sit even once through the nuptials of Lori and @KenAlexander. Pretty sure she didn't even love him when they got married...:562479b0cbc9f_whistle1:

I'm positive she didn't love him, because she said so! I don't have the quote at hand, but I remember seeing it here ages ago. 

I'm still convinced Lori is not capable of love in any form. She tries to act it out sometimes, but she's just not capable of it. She is deliberately mean to people including her own children, is manipulative to the paycheck she married because he checked off the boxes on her wishlist, and even tried to kick her cat so hard she injured her own foot. She doesn't love. She doesn't understand what love even is. You can tell in the way she answers other peoples' questions, the way she didn't bother to come home to see her mother when she was dying, etc. 

Other people only exist to Lori when they benefit her. She doesn't recognize that other people have feelings or needs, she only sees what they can do for her. Ken provides money and a home. Her children gave her a way to stay home and not have to work, and she had a nanny and housekeeper to do some of the work involved in having kids.  She didn't even cook for them - she made whatever SHE wanted and the kids either ate that or begged Ken to make them something else when he made his own dinner. Christianity gives her a platform to manipulate and hurt people. Her followers? They exist solely to respond to her. They might as well be Sims, for all they matter to her. 

Serial killer Ted Bundy literally did more to help the world than Lori has ever done. Think about that. He volunteered for at least a year on a crisis hotline*. Have we ever heard of Lori volunteering? Has she ever posted anything positive about her work as a teacher? Has she ever mentioned any of her former students in anything other than negative terms? Have we ever heard of her GIVING anything at all, ever? Anything at all that didn't benefit her in some way?

*I'm not saying Bundy was a good person, in any way. He was evil and killed lots of people and was a definite psychopath. But damn, even he has done more to help others than Lori has ever done!

24 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

At Christian school that was always their argument and I always asked them how it would ruin marriage. No one ever answered the question. 

I've always wondered this as well. If you get an answer it's always something ridiculous about allowing people to marry their pets or something stupid like that. 

A legal contract between two people of the same gender is not going to invalidate or otherwise ruin a legal contract between two people of the opposite gender. Churches will not be forced to host religious ceremonies related to said legal contracts, regardless of the genders of the people involved.  Legal contracts creating a partnership with anything/anyone who cannot legally consent (children, pets, inanimate objects) will continue to not happen, because common sense exists. This is not rocket science. 

• Upvote 16

3 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Did you see about the girl who was kicked out of a Christian school for having a rainbow themed birthday? Her parents posted a picture of her with her rainbow cake and sweater. The kicker... the girl is apparently not gay she just wanted that for her birthday. The school says she schools have returned the cake when she learned that the “multi colored cake” that was ordered was rainbow. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/columns/heidi-stevens/ct-heidi-stevens-girl-expelled-rainbow-cake-lgbt-john-pavlovitz-0115-20200115-mxctamkj2bebjlfsa3okbjzx4i-story.html%3foutputType=amp

Another Christian school in the area banned any depictions of rainbows. I was on the dress code committee on summer and two people wanted to add that to the dress code.  The three of us who weren’t completely irrational kept that from happening. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 8

If you look at Alyssa's IG video of the pregnancy announcement, Lori sits in her recliner, and slowly processes what Alyssa is telling them.  Ken reacts immediately, but you can almost see Lori thinking and the wheels in her pea brain turning -- oh, it's a baby -- I guess I should get up and hug my daughter.  Then she says "I prayed for this everyday."  Always about HER.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

If you look at Alyssa's IG video of the pregnancy announcement, Lori sits in her recliner, and slowly processes what Alyssa is telling them.  Ken reacts immediately, but you can almost see Lori thinking and the wheels in her pea brain turning -- oh, it's a baby -- I guess I should get up and hug my daughter.  Then she says "I prayed for this everyday."  Always about HER.

And Lori asks Alyssa “Have you been sick?” I think that is a really odd first question.  

• Upvote 8

Has Lori ever worked hard for anything?  Did she ever have a dream?  Really busted her buns 110% ?  Has she ever cared about anything enough?  

• Upvote 13

6 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I'm still convinced Lori is not capable of love in any form. She tries to act it out sometimes, but she's just not capable of it. She is deliberately mean to people including her own children, is manipulative to the paycheck she married because he checked off the boxes on her wishlist, and even tried to kick her cat so hard she injured her own foot. She doesn't love. She doesn't understand what love even is. You can tell in the way she answers other peoples' questions, the way she didn't bother to come home to see her mother when she was dying, etc. 

Other people only exist to Lori when they benefit her. She doesn't recognize that other people have feelings or needs, she only sees what they can do for her. Ken provides money and a home. Her children gave her a way to stay home and not have to work, and she had a nanny and housekeeper to do some of the work involved in having kids.  She didn't even cook for them - she made whatever SHE wanted and the kids either ate that or begged Ken to make them something else when he made his own dinner. Christianity gives her a platform to manipulate and hurt people. Her followers? They exist solely to respond to her. They might as well be Sims, for all they matter to her. 

You have perfectly described toxic Lori and this is some scary narcissistic/sociopathic shit right here. I know these terms are thrown about loosely now, and not evey asshole has a mental disorder, but if I was a betting woman I would put my money on Lori meeting quite a few of the criteria for a diagnosis. She is a sick, evil, caricature of a wife, mother, "mentor" and Christian.  Similar to Ted Bundy, Lori appears relatively normal on the outside (if you don't consider her recent bug-eyed disheveled appearance), but she is missing the essence of what makes us human on the inside. Empathy. 

• Upvote 17

12 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I've always wondered this as well. If you get an answer it's always something ridiculous about allowing people to marry their pets or something stupid like that. 

A legal contract between two people of the same gender is not going to invalidate or otherwise ruin a legal contract between two people of the opposite gender. Churches will not be forced to host religious ceremonies related to said legal contracts, regardless of the genders of the people involved.  Legal contracts creating a partnership with anything/anyone who cannot legally consent (children, pets, inanimate objects) will continue to not happen, because common sense exists. This is not rocket science. 

Well, at the end of the day when you strip every romantic and religious aspect to a wedding and a marriage away, it only left a legal contract that's mostly about money and property for the 2 parties involved. It gives you certain rights and duties to your spouse and gives you certain benefits, all defined by the law of the state you live. Yes, I see marriage very unromantic.

7 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

Has Lori ever worked hard for anything?  Did she ever have a dream?  Really busted her buns 110% ?  Has she ever cared about anything enough?  

The only thing she cares about is to be provided the live she has without doing anything for. Her constant drivel about women as keepers at home and never, ever working outside is her own justification for being the lazy leech she is. If Ken would drop death and leave her pennyless, she would expect her children to provide her with the live she's used to, without giving anything back to them.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Another Christian school in the area banned any depictions of rainbows. I was on the dress code committee on summer and two people wanted to add that to the dress code.  The three of us who weren’t completely irrational kept that from happening. 

How would they explain the sign God sent to Noah that he wouldn't send any more floods?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

How would they explain the sign God sent to Noah that he wouldn't send any more floods?

The people there just didn’t answer uncomfortable questions like that. We brought it up to keep them from banning rainbows in the dress code. They had no answer. 
The three of us who kept that out were HS teachers. High school kids in the 90s weren’t coming to school with rainbows on their shirts. But we didn’t want little tiny primary kids punished for a completely innocent shirt or piece of jewelry or whatever. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 14

Even my beloved aunt, an incredibly compassionate and intelligent person, actually said it “stuck in [her] craw” that gay people wanted to use the term “marriage” when “domestic partnerships or civil unions” would have been enough.” I explained to her that someone else’s marriage couldn’t possibly have a deleterious effect on hers.

@Alisamer, I agree—that’s why Lori is so hung up on “teaching young women how to love their husbands.” Normal people marry someone they love (or at least really think they do). No teaching necessary. Teaching young couples how to respect and communicate with each other? That’s actually worthwhile.

• Upvote 14

15 hours ago, usmcmom said:

And Lori asks Alyssa “Have you been sick?” I think that is a really odd first question.

Odd and an underlying theme IMHO. For a family that is sooo invested in health and woo and spending 8 gazillion dollars on everything organic (backtracking...but did you see the IG post of her "products" a week or so ago? The one with her organic toothpaste?  It goes for $28 a tube. Uh huh,  you read that right)

Anyway, for all their fixation on health (not a bad thing on face value).....they are all "so- sick" all the time. Always with the "gut" issues, Alyssa is always sick all the time, Lori complains about all her issues, etc...

Now I know people who deal with chronic pain, issues, and my DH is still recovering from a major heart attack, but I can't help think some of these ailments are made up and in their head only. As a dancer and somewhat athletic, I can't believe that Alyssa is so fragile and illness riddled.  I can't help but think it's part of the "women are weaker" mentality and it drives me nuts. Hell, I wake up every day with neck pain (I REALLY need to get a new pillow)...but I pop some Advil and I'm on my way.  They need to grow up and suck it up. 

8 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Really busted her buns 110% ?  Has she ever cared about anything enough?  

Nope...even with sex she's merely "available"

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Anyway, for all their fixation on health (not a bad thing on face value).....they are all "so- sick" all the time. Always with the "gut" issues, Alyssa is always sick all the time, Lori complains about all her issues, etc..

Same for Cassi.  She's blogged about her various ailments as well.  For folks that spend what they do on "health", they're the sickest bunch I've ever seen.

Side note- Lori said she used a "very little bit" of that toothpaste (or something to that effect).  Between very little toothpaste, only a bath or so a week, some woo brand deodorant, the food grease she smears all over herself as "lotion", and the cat food salad she eats every day, can y'all imagine what she smells like?  I bet she'd just about make you gag. 

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 6
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Koala said:

Side note- Lori said she used a "very little bit" of that toothpaste (or something to that effect).  Between very little toothpaste, only a bath or so a week, some woo brand deodorant, the food grease she smears all over herself as "lotion", and the cat food salad she eats every day, can y'all imagine what she smells like?  I bet she'd just about make you gag. 

I literally snorted when I read that. But you not wrong.  Add the aroma of being joying available to Ken several times a week (sorry about that mental image).....I'll quote Lori herself: "YUCK"

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 11

17 hours ago, usmcmom said:

That tends to be one of my first questions when the subject of pregnancy comes up, but I had hyperemesis gravidarum, so pregnancy and vomiting are inextricably linked in my mind!   But yeah, it probably is unusual for most people.  

59 minutes ago, Koala said:

Ewwww!   :puke-huge:

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

17 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

That tends to be one of my first questions when the subject of pregnancy comes up, but I had hyperemesis gravidarum, so pregnancy and vomiting are inextricably linked in my mind!   But yeah, it probably is unusual for most people.  

Ewwww!   :puke-huge:

I know some people  also consider (moderate)  sickness to he a positive sign in pregnancy.  With anyone else, I’d give them the benefit of the doubt.  But with Lori’s belief that suffering and pain are godly, along with her disdain for even her own daughter, the question had a degrading tone to me. 

I am really sorry you were so sick with pregnancy.  That must have been just awful. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

Does anyone know why Lori was in FB jail this last time"  I didn't think her posts were any nastier than usual.

Lori's once a week bathing, and only very little toothpaste (I assume she brushes once a day), and general disheveled/ unbrushed appearance could be the earlier signs of dementia.  Neglecting hygiene is a sign.

But then it could just be that Lori believes her s**t doesn't stink. 

• Upvote 9

@SongRed7  My wtf reaction to your post was in response to the TWENTY. EIGHT. DOLLAR. toothpaste.

I mean...what the actual fuck? :ENVOUTER:

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

@SongRed7  My wtf reaction to your post was in response to the TWENTY. EIGHT. DOLLAR. toothpaste.

I brush my teeth with a mixture of salt and baking soda, at the recommendation of my hygienist. I wonder if that's organic enough for Lori. It's certainly cheap.

• Upvote 7

13 hours ago, Hane said:

that’s why Lori is so hung up on “teaching young women how to love their husbands.” Normal people marry someone they love (or at least really think they do). No teaching necessary. Teaching young couples how to respect and communicate with each other? That’s actually worthwhile.

That still blows my mind. Nobody had to "teach" me to love Mr. Xtian...I mean he was tall, slender and cute, thought I was the cat's meow and well...it didn't take long. Nobody had to "teach" me to love him when he was sick. Nobody had to teach me to love my children. That was the easy part...now, bathing a slippery newborn or dealing with a mouthy teenager...that was the part I'd have loved to have help with. Kicking the cat: I'd have kicked her ass down the hallway for that. I spend 10 minutes apologizing to the cat that walked in front of me and tripped me up. I just about cry if I accidently step on a paw or a tail...their cries of pain when that happens cut me to the center of my being...I mean, they're learning to do those sorts of things for extra pets, skritches, cuddles and treats...yeah, they have me trained! 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, Loveday said:

My wtf reaction to your post was in response to the TWENTY. EIGHT. DOLLAR. toothpaste.

Yep...and for her fan girls who can no way afford that....that is the equivalent of a bag of groceries. Serious disconnect with Lori.

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Kicking the cat: I'd have kicked her ass down the hallway for that. I spend 10 minutes apologizing to the cat that walked in front of me and tripped me up. I just about cry if I accidently step on a paw or a tail...their cries of pain when that happens cut me to the center of my being...I mean, they're learning to do those sorts of things for extra pets, skritches, cuddles and treats...yeah, they have me trained! 

One of my biggest fears is tripping or running over Shadow(I use a wheeled walker, and she’s usually walking in front of me).  The other day, I accidentally stepped on her tail, she yelped, and yes, I spent ten minutes apologizing.  If there a word that’s the opposite of “shadow,”. I should’ve named her that.  :pb_lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Love 7

11 hours ago, Loveday said:

We get our toothpaste from the dentist because we both have "special" teeth. It's still not $28.

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic