IGNORED

Lori Alexander 74: Anniversary Pain

@delphinium65, I completely agree! I get frustrated when I hear people thinking there’s “suddenly” a lot more cancer, autism, etc. Diagnosis has improved astoundingly in my lifetime: back around 1960, I knew of a child who was labeled “mentally retarded,” but who just turned out to be deaf. When I was in grade school, there were no special ed classes, so god knows what happened to all those poor kids who needed extra help.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 1

Ok, I'm still trying to wrap my head around "the gay agenda". The gay couple I'm close to seems to have an agenda of working hard, playing hard, loving hard. I'm thrilled J found someone...it took awhile. I know gay couples whose biggest agenda is getting the kids out to school on time. Is there some nefarious thing I'm missing here? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

Cancer was also a taboo diagnosis for some families- I’ve worked with some older people where you didn’t say “cancer”- it was at most referred to as “the c-word”. 

I once worked with an attorney who was the picture of perfect health- healthy diet, healthy weight, two beautiful, healthy children. She caught a cold, but when the cold ran it’s course, she still had a nagging cough. She went to the doctor and was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and died within 6 months. Neither she nor anyone in her family had ever smoked, and she had no other risk factors. 

Cancer is an ugly disease. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 7
  • I Agree 7

Thought of Lori...

So it IS in the Bible that men do dishes.  Who knew?

FB_IMG_1579990003331.jpg

Edited by Free Jana Duggar
  • Haha 24
  • Love 4

There's a whole book in the Bible indicating that it is the man's job to make the coffee. 

HE-BREWS.

Thank you, I'll be here all week!

• Haha 27
  • Love 3

22 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

There's a whole book in the Bible indicating that it is the man's job to make the coffee. 

HE-BREWS.

Any chance there's a man in the Bible named Subb Mitt?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

Lori, you may be cancer-free for now, but there are no guarantees.

Also, while you are literally cancer-free, figuratively you are a cancer - just a growth that does nobody any good, and spreads harm through your words.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Ok, I'm still trying to wrap my head around "the gay agenda". The gay couple I'm close to seems to have an agenda of working hard, playing hard, loving hard. I'm thrilled J found someone...it took awhile. I know gay couples whose biggest agenda is getting the kids out to school on time. Is there some nefarious thing I'm missing here? 

Spoiler

58279261-101E-405A-986A-E654B7A72F31.thumb.jpeg.240e2307880b5f7323cd00cf4b4d6f12.jpeg

or maybe just 

Spoiler

6ED74331-233A-4C79-8DCD-072F22DE039E.jpeg.af277009b4188dbedfdcd0fe6a963559.jpeg

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, feministxtian said:

You are missing many nefarious things.... like listening to the Frozen 2 sound track on repeat; trying to meal plan so you don’t eat fast food everyday; watching Netflix; buying more makeup then you actually need but that “nude eyeshadow palette that looks like all my other ones is a must buy”; drinking coffee; leaving your Christmas tree up because the lights are comforting... wait that’s just me. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 12
  • Love 3

19 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

You are missing many nefarious things.... like listening to the Frozen 2 sound track on repeat; trying to meal plan so you don’t eat fast food everyday; watching Netflix; buying more makeup then you actually need but that “nude eyeshadow palette that looks like all my other ones is a must buy”; drinking coffee; leaving your Christmas tree up because the lights are comforting... wait that’s just me. 

Do I have to tell my older son he's gay then? His 7 year old sings "Let it Go" on repeat for days on end. I thought EVERYBODY watched Netflix. I drink coffee like it's going out of style and last I heard I was straight. 

How horrible and nefarious that agenda is...OH MY GOSH!!! It's the end of civilization (being extremely sarcastic here). 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Do I have to tell my older son he's gay then? His 7 year old sings "Let it Go" on repeat for days on end. I thought EVERYBODY watched Netflix. I drink coffee like it's going out of style and last I heard I was straight. 

How horrible and nefarious that agenda is...OH MY GOSH!!! It's the end of civilization (being extremely sarcastic here). 

Yes I’m afraid both you and your son have caught a case of the *whispers* gay. :gay-rainbow:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16

16 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

HE-BREWS.

Well guys, I prefer my coffee like my men, hot and strong.

And now I have Elsa singing in my ear while sipping my coffee. I catched the gay over the internet!

• Haha 15
  • Love 3

23 hours ago, feministxtian said:

My sister and her wife have been married for more than 20 years. They're both retired after giving back to their communities through their work with the disabled.  Now my sister volunteers in her free time (holding drug-addicted babies in the NICU), gets her nails done once a week, and helps care for our elderly aunt with dementia.  That's her agenda.  Lori and company should do so much for others, you know, like the Bible says.    I almost feel sorry for the Loris of the world, but not quite.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Just now, Caroline said:

My sister and her wife have been married for more than 20 years. They're both retired after giving back to their communities through their work with the disabled.  Now my sister volunteers in her free time (holding drug-addicted babies in the NICU), gets her nails done once a week, and helps care for our elderly aunt with dementia.  That's her agenda.  Lori and company should do so much for others, you know, like the Bible says.    I almost feel sorry for the Loris of the world, but not quite.

Baby holding...that's something I could get behind. Nothing better in the world. Nails once a week? Dang...that's serious! I get mine done every couple of weeks or so. 

Lori and her ilk do not understand giving back. I'm ashamed to say I don't do it on a regular basis, but I do try. 14 bags of clothing to Veterans Village to help homeless vets (they also provide housing and food), took in a stray, abandoned cat. My son does car and home repairs for free to widows in our community. He put it out there that he'd do them for free (price of materials only) and well, he's busy all the time. It makes him happy. He gets lots of calls to put furniture together and do brake jobs. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 9

@feministxtianYou are correct about Lori and her ilk not even thinking giving back is part of our responsibility as a person, Christianity aside.  I worked for years with the volunteer program at the hospital.  We had ladies in their 90s who came a couple of times as week because they loved working in the gift shop and helping out.  Some employees would go rock the NICU drug-addicted babies when they had a little slow time at work.  I sat with an 11-year-old psych patient so his mother could have a break and get some sleep -- it wasn't my job, but I felt I needed to help out a very stressed mom.  I gave all of my parents' clothes to the church to distribute to needy people.  

I don't do these things for recognition, but because I feel blessed and I want to help others.  Lori's idea of helping is to chastise and condemn others.  She feels more connection with a reprobate man (the dude with the conference -- I've blocked out his name in my head) than she does with ordinary women who are trying to make a better life for their families or to just keep their heads above water.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

there's nothing I do for recognition...I don't care. I see it as paying it forward. When we were down and out, we were helped by many people and charities. None of them expected repayment, they all said to pay it forward. So I do. As much as I can. Family first, rest of the world second. I take care of the kids and the kids take care of me. Then the rest of the world. 

Lori has no clue of this idea. My favorite scripture is Matthew 25:31-46. Its the parable of the sheep and the goats. You know, about feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, helping the sick... That pretty much is my reason for doing what I do. Its all part of that "Love one another" thing. As you all know, I'm not a rabid Christian, I'm just one of many trying to do right. I have my beliefs, and that's all well and good, but they don't mean a fucking thing unless I put actions behind it. There's a quote attributed to St. Francis of Assisi that goes something like this "Preach the gospel at all times, use words only if necessary". Lori is the clanging gong in 1 Corinthians 13. 

Most of these fundies wouldn't know or take seriously these passages...they prefer the condemnation of the Old Testament. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

Not just the "gay agenda." I'm still waiting for all the gay married people to ruin my marriage to Mr. Dress.

That's what the fundi-gelicals all predicted. That  legal "gay marriage"  would ruin and demean marriage. 

So far I don't see any signs of ruin, but maybe the "gay agenda" is so subtle and insidious that we haven't noticed our relationship is in ruins and tatters.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Not just the "gay agenda." I'm still waiting for all the gay married people to ruin my marriage to Mr. Dress.

That's what the fundi-gelicals all predicted. That  legal "gay marriage"  would ruin and demean marriage. 

So far I don't see any signs of ruin, but maybe the "gay agenda" is so subtle and insidious that we haven't noticed our relationship is in ruins and tatters.

I was speaking with someone who was on and on about how "gay marriage" would ruin marriage for the straights. I told them that I didn't think it was much of a problem since straight people have screwed up marriage anyway...

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I would go to a gay wedding every day and twice on Sunday rather than sit even once through the nuptials of Lori and @KenAlexander. Pretty sure she didn't even love him when they got married...:562479b0cbc9f_whistle1:

Completely OT, just super proud of him: Mr. Bonkers was selected to go to the Sergeant Major Academy in August! Because it's only a year-long course, the girls and I are going to stay back here on the East Coast and he is going to visit us when he can. This will mean they don't have to change schools twice in 2 years. Also, I have a job interview on Tuesday- so cross your fingers for me!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 20

Samantha:

I missed you these past couple of days.

Lori:

thank you! ❤️ I missed being here too, but it’s good for me. I don’t want anything in my life to become an idol, no, not even Facebook

Or Instagram. Or Twitter. Or Pinterest. Or her blog. :BLAZER:

• Upvote 17

8 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

For people who like to talk a big game about taking personal responsibility for emotions and marriages they certainly are concerned that some random gay couple will come in a ruin their marriages. 

Picture this *a fabulous gay couple come swooping into a fundy home through the windows (on rainbows of course). Immediately the fundy couple start screaming at each other due to the gay influence. As the weeks progress the gay couple makes themselves at home in the fundy house, you see them in the background: watching Netflix, cooking meals, kissing. All the while in the foreground of this movie the Fundies‘ (the couples obvious last name) marriage breaks apart. They’ve seen a gay marriage and now theirs can’t possibly survive. And the Fundies’ children start to show signs of the gay. Is their son wearing nail polish and suddenly more stylish? Why did their daughter cut her hair short and dye it blue? *

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 19
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Loveday said:

Samantha:

Lori:

Or Instagram. Or Twitter. Or Pinterest. Or her blog. :BLAZER:

Lori has become her own idol

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic