IGNORED

Lori Alexander 74: Anniversary Pain

2 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Yep, I can confirm that not all unmarried girls were virgins in 1970.  

HAHAHA.....no.  Not in 1960, or 1950 either. Or 1947 when my older sister was born. My dad did marry my mom whe he found out she was pregnant, so there's that. 

• Upvote 9

3 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

HAHAHA.....no.  Not in 1960, or 1950 either. Or 1947 when my older sister was born. My dad did marry my mom whe he found out she was pregnant, so there's that. 

LOL. Nope, not in 1880, either. My great-great grandmother was pregnant with my great-grandfather, out of wedlock, along about 1881.

And then said great-grandfather got my great-grandmother pregnant before tying the knot along about 1910.

But please, Lori, tell us more about these virgins of '50 years ago.' :laughing-rolling:

• Upvote 13

Lori is pretty sure history begins and ends with her and her experiences.  If she wasn't aware of it, it didn't exist.

She probably assumes the world will end when she passes away.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1

In the ‘50s, all three of my aunt-by-marriage’s sisters were pregnant when they got married. My second MIL had a child out of wedlock around 1950; my first husband’s classmate had one around 1965 (both of these young women were forced to give their babies up for adoption).  Just today I met a man, the younger brother of a guy at church, who was born out of wedlock in the late ‘40s and surrendered for adoption.  Two of the girls in my high school class (1970) had to “go take care of a sick aunt in Vermont.” Two kids that I know of got their start at our senior prom.
And in all of these cases, we’re talking “respectable” working or middle-class Protestant or Catholic families. 

And these are only the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

• Upvote 13

Did Lori post something yesterday that was taken down?  I assume that's why she's (potentially) in FB jail, but I didn't check early enough to see for myself.  Does FB have a "X strikes and you're out" rule?

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Yea, back then a lot of guys did go ahead and marry the girl.  My mom's friend got married to the boy, and they're still married nearly 50 years and 3 more children later.

My mom didn't marry my birth father. She said she knew they were too young and would end up divorced. She did marry a great man who adopted me when I was 4.

• Upvote 11

My grandmother had 2 children by 2 different men (1 in 1910, 1 in 1912).  My holier-than-thou cousin Lori minion would probably deny this could occur.  My maternal grandmother was pregnant with my mom when she married my grandfather in 1938.

When we were teenagers my brother and I did a little questioning about the time between my parents' wedding and my birth -- they got married 12/7/58 and I was born 9/4/59.  

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, hollyfeller said:

Did Lori post something yesterday that was taken down?  I assume that's why she's (potentially) in FB jail, but I didn't check early enough to see for myself.  Does FB have a "X strikes and you're out" rule?

No, I remember checking shortly after 2pm to see what her latest diatribe was about, and found she hadn't posted it yet. Checked a little while later, still nothing. I don't think she's posted anything since yesterday morning. There is a new entry on her blog, though, another advert for the quiverful lifestyle.

• Upvote 2

Lori is so stupid it almost beggars belief. 
Or maybe it’s wilfully ignorant. 
Or both.

• Upvote 8

Lori is not what we call a "deep thinker."  She reads something, regurgitates it, and then moves on. Where as most of us can read something, think about it, think about other things that align with the topic, see shades of gray, examine motives and opportunities of characters, authors, and change our minds as we gather new information. Lori is just stuck at surface level. Her main thrill is gossip. 

• Upvote 12

Not only were all women not virgins when they got married in 1970, 1960, 1950, 1940, 1930, 1902, etc.,  about 10% of Puritan brides were pregnant.

There's a reason why we have a variety of expressions like "the baby didn't come early, the wedding came late". "they et before they said grace" and "they planted before they plowed" as well as the old wive's tale about 7 month babies being healthier than 8 month babies.  I don't think the "old wives" ever believed that though.  They kmew what was what.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Not only were all women not virgins when they got married in 1970, 1960, 1950, 1940, 1930, 1902, etc.,  about 10% of Puritan brides were pregnant.

There's a reason why we have a variety of expressions like "the baby didn't come early, the wedding came late". "they et before they said grace" and "they planted before they plowed" as well as the old wive's tale about 7 month babies being healthier than 8 month babies.  I don't think the "old wives" ever believed that though.  They kmew what was what.

"The first baby can come anytime after the wedding.  The next one takes 9 months."

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13

It’s been said that when we read Ruth uncovered Boaz’s feet in the biblical story of Ruth it should be translated to uncovered his genitals. So I don’t know what they might have been getting up to but it doesn’t sound like debt free tattooed virgin stuff. ?‍♀️

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 9
  • Love 3

Well, I was the first firstborn baby in at least 2 generations that was conceived after the wedding, but not by lack of trying. Both set of grandparents married when my grandmothers where visibly pregnant, paternal in 1934 and carried on to have 8 more children. Maternal in 1958, my grandmother got my mother in march 1959 and due to hemorhagging lost her uterus, divorced a year later. Well, unknown to my grandmother, my grandfather, who was a soldier at the time and served his time at our hometown, had a girlfriend home where he came from, who he also got pregnant shortly after my grandmother. After the divorce he married her and had I think at least 3 more children with her. At least one set of  great- grandparents married in 1921 at least visibly pregnant. My roots are in the working- class, being sexually active before marriage wasn't uncommon there, but it was expected from the man that he had to marry the woman once he got her pregnant. Abandoning her was one of the most unhonorary things a man could do and could make him an outcast. Fallen women where a thing of the middle class and above.

• Upvote 10

Lori has got to be in FB jail. She's continuing to post on Instagram (this morning it's a quote from The Orange One at the March for Life), but nothing this morning on FB (I'm blocked from her Twitter, so no clue about that). Nothing on her blog yet today, either, which is odd.  She's usually got a backlog of repetitive drivel, so I doubt she's run out of posts. Curious.

• Upvote 5

I'd like for all these forced birthers to really ask thenselves how many abortions that Orange One has paid for.  Or at least tried to get a bedmate to have.  I know he tried to get Marla Maples to have one when she became pregnant with Tiffany.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

56 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I'd like for all these forced birthers to really ask thenselves how many abortions that Orange One has paid for.  Or at least tried to get a bedmate to have.  I know he tried to get Marla Maples to have one when she became pregnant with Tiffany.  

I think I read somewhere that he also wanted that Melania got to have an abortion with Baron. But the forced birther crowd doesn't care if he paid for abortions in the past, even if he pressured some of the women into them. He is saved now, who cares about his past. And honestly, even if we get a abortion confession like his famous pussy grabbing comment on tape, they wouldn't care. They will spout love the sinner, hate the sin and give him a free ride, while at the same time slut shame the woman who had the abortion he ordered and paid for.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

My mother was conceived in 1945 from a fling with a tree surgeon who was passing through the area(I believe my grandmother’s husband may have been overseas in the military).  I’ve often wondered if some in her community may have considered her contracting polio during her pregnancy as some sort of punishment.

And I’m still trying to wrap my head around “1970=50 years ago.”

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

As to Lori's premarital sex comment,  I will just say this:  My dad once said  "People have always done it .. they just didn't talk about it.    It may have been lower due to people lying, technical virginity, unavailable bc to unmarried women (way back in early 60's), etc.  And people married younger so there's that.

And now for Lori's combo post of stupidity & bigotry.  Oh, so godly of her.

324075960_TTWOMG.jpg.bb405ebf18029bd515cd915f61a8a5b4.jpg

Edited by Liza
  • WTF 9

52 minutes ago, Liza said:

As to Lori's premarital sex comment,  I will just say this:  My dad once said  "People have always done it .. they just didn't talk about it.    It may have been lower due to people lying, technical virginity, unavailable bc to unmarried women (way back in early 60's), etc.  And people married younger so there's that.

Ah Lori the fortune teller. Except she doesn’t know if they wouldn’t have been elected or not. And Lori, can you leave the LGBTQ people alone? We literally don’t have some secret gay agenda against you. And lord forbid we can’t be fired for being out. How dare we want rights! 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 13

1 hour ago, Liza said:

Why is she so stupid and mean?  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

On 1/22/2020 at 11:37 AM, louisa05 said:

My dad did all the things you're supposed to do to not have serious health problems. Healthy diet. Exercise. Drank alcohol less than once a year. Rarely even drank soda. He had the most consistently healthy lifestyle of anyone I've ever known. 

And he died of cancer. 

Research is ongoing but early studies may have found a genetic cause for the kind he had. And I expect they will eventually find that to be true. The main known cause is a chronic condition that seems to run in his side of our family with multiple people having it across three generations that we know about. 

Lori with her "cancer free lifestyle" can go fuck herself in hell. 

Everyone I know who had or died of cancer lived a healthy lifestyle, was of normal weight, and did everything 'right'.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Everyone I know who had or died of cancer lived a healthy lifestyle, was of normal weight, and did everything 'right'.  

That was my aunt. She was a personal trainer. She ran marathons and had a healthy life style. She died from breast cancer. It was genetic. My grandma had it.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

I wonder if it has ever occurred to Lori that perhaps part of a higher cancer rate could be because we can more accurately diagnose it, and maybe, just mayyyyyybe, people are living long enough to get cancer, when in decades past they might have died from other causes at a much earlier age.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic