IGNORED

Lori Alexander 74: Anniversary Pain

@usmcmom, I hadn't thought about that, actually. If that's what she means by that sentence, then I'd love to ask her why she didn't follow her own advice when dealing with her brain tumor!

• Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Alyssa does the same. She claimed being able to getting pregnant after a long detox (22 months I think). It could be just luck! Infertility is a hard experience which she suffered for 6 or more years, and she should know better before giving advice.

This detox shit is going on my nerves lately. Since we're nearing us lent and have the christmas holidays behind us, so many people come into the pharmacy I work and want stuff to "detox" with fasting. The internet is full with this bogus of herbs and juices to "clean" your body. Well, I have news, your body is detoxing 24/7, that's what your liver is for. And so called "health experts" like Alyssa are the worst. Her only expertise is in woo. Sorry for the rant, but I can't hear it anymore and it will only get worse until after easter.

And healthy eating isn't wrong, but it won't prevent cancer, esp breast cancer. Look around your blood relatives and you can estimate your chances of getting cancer. But that's no guarantee to never getting it.

And, while I'm already on a rant, these focus on organic is also shit. I don't know the rules in the US, but here in Europe, organic doesn't mean no chemicals, it means older chemicals, that are worse for the soil. Because while the costumer want to have their "chemical free" produce, but they also want to have perfect looking produce and that doesn't come chemical free. So the organic farmers take the older stuff and ruin their soils with it.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, klein_roeschen said:

I don't know the rules in the US, but here in Europe, organic doesn't mean no chemicals, it means older chemicals, that are worse for the soil.

Near Barcelona, my uncle grows apples for baby food (like apple sauce in jars) and the company that boughts the apples bans any kind of chemicals. But I'm not sure all organic farmers work the same way or what the regulations are.

Anyway, as you said, even if organic food was that good (which has not been proved!) factors like genetics and pollution are playing a major role.

I'm all for healthy food and really helps to avoid some illness, but not cancer! 

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Well, I have news, your body is detoxing 24/7, that's what your liver is for.

Yeah! 

I'm sure that fasting is a good idea, and I try to do so for 12-14 hours a day. That ought to be enough for a healthy person!  Drinking water, eating fruits and vegetables and moving the body are all we need. There's no need for potions and herbs. But where's the monetary gain in that?

6 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

here in Europe, organic doesn't mean no chemicals

You're right about that. Here in Germany, you have some militant "natural" people who think that you should buy everything "bio" if you want to be healthy. Then the naturally "bio" apples go to waste in the fall because they don't look pretty and you have to eat them with a knife (to make sure you don't bite into a worm or an earwig)

Here's an interesting page on the myths of organic farming: Mythbusters  - I still have to read through the whole thing

Edited by onemama
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

This detox shit is going on my nerves lately. Since we're nearing us lent and have the christmas holidays behind us, so many people come into the pharmacy I work and want stuff to "detox" with fasting. The internet is full with this bogus of herbs and juices to "clean" your body. Well, I have news, your body is detoxing 24/7, that's what your liver is for. And so called "health experts" like Alyssa are the worst. Her only expertise is in woo. Sorry for the rant, but I can't hear it anymore and it will only get worse until after easter.

And healthy eating isn't wrong, but it won't prevent cancer, esp breast cancer. Look around your blood relatives and you can estimate your chances of getting cancer. But that's no guarantee to never getting it.

And, while I'm already on a rant, these focus on organic is also shit. I don't know the rules in the US, but here in Europe, organic doesn't mean no chemicals, it means older chemicals, that are worse for the soil. Because while the costumer want to have their "chemical free" produce, but they also want to have perfect looking produce and that doesn't come chemical free. So the organic farmers take the older stuff and ruin their soils with it.

Amen to all of this. We are “blessed” with a woo peddler among the in-laws.  I’m so sick of all of it. It’s a scam at best and dangerous at its worst. 

In the US, most organic food is grown using herbicides and pesticides that work less efficiently. Higher concentrations are necessary. The organic eaters are getting more of those things rather than less on their foods.  

And the chemical thing....everything’s a chemical. I got on the mean list with the in-laws when the mother told me that woo nut had recommended she only drink water so she’d be avoiding chemicals and I told her water is a chemical.  

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I’m sure many people would love her salad...idk since I know little about salad because I don’t tend to like... but the sound of it makes all my texture issues and my GERD scream at me to run away.  While I don’t use non-toxic makeup I use a fairly clean skin care regimen but I’m under no delusion that it would help prevent cancer. My skin just responds best to those products. Cancer runs in my family. My aunt just had surgery for pancreatic cancer. It was successful but it’s spread a bit so we’re hoping treatment will help. 

There isn’t anything wrong with taking care of your body, eating organic, Avoiding sugar etc. just understand it’s limitations 

Her salad sounds gross because of the sauerkraut. I like sauerkraut with kielbasa, or bratwurst, etc. Not on a leafy green salad. ?

Re: Toxic makeup. What the hell does she even mean? All makeup is supposed to be regulated in the US and last I knew that meant non-toxic. 

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, onemama said:

You're right about that. Here in Germany, you have some militant "natural" people who think that you should buy everything "bio" if you want to be healthy. Then the naturally "bio" apples go to waste in the fall because they don't look pretty and you have to eat them with a knife (to make sure you don't bite into a worm or an earwig)

Here's an interesting page on the myths of organic farming: Mythbusters  - I still have to read through the whole thing

My pharmacy is next door to a Denn's Biosupermarkt and I have more than my share of the "natural" people.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Today Lori has a long post on her blog dealing with her 'cancer-free lifestlye.' We've heard it all before, in bits and bobs, but now we have it all together for our convenience! Woot woot.

Anyway, here's my favourite sentence from the blog post:

I don’t drink coffee or alcohol.

I believe that is what is known as a lie. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

My dad did all the things you're supposed to do to not have serious health problems. Healthy diet. Exercise. Drank alcohol less than once a year. Rarely even drank soda. He had the most consistently healthy lifestyle of anyone I've ever known. 

And he died of cancer. 

Research is ongoing but early studies may have found a genetic cause for the kind he had. And I expect they will eventually find that to be true. The main known cause is a chronic condition that seems to run in his side of our family with multiple people having it across three generations that we know about. 

Lori with her "cancer free lifestyle" can go fuck herself in hell. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 3

Lori is so dumb. She says she doesn't eat sugar, then lists off all the fruits and vegetables that she eats. Guess what, Lori? Elderberry syrup has sugar! The "coconut sugar" you put on your oatmeal? What do you think the "sugar" part of that means?

I'm all for decreasing your risk of illness through healthy living (eating moderately, avoiding fast foods, reducing sugars and getting appropriate amounts of exercise) but you can't prevent genetic diseases, you can't avoid cancer by going to bed early and eating only fruit (Didn't Steve Jobs try to cure his cancer through diet?) and you are a moron if you think fluoride is going to do anything other then prevent tooth decay in the amounts in toothpaste.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

My BIL’s healthy young friend died suddenly of a virulent strain of liver cancer before his 30th birthday, leaving his young wife and their baby daughter. Twenty years later, his similarly healthy father died of the exact same liver cancer. Now the whole family is participating in medical and genetic tests in hope of eradicating this cancer. 
Lori will never be able to eradicate her recto-cranial inversion.

• Upvote 18

I could probably package a bag of dog shit, stick an organic label on it, and tell Lori it's "healthy" and she would find a way to incorporate it into her slime salad.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

I could probably package a bag of dog shit, stick an organic label on it, and tell Lori it's "healthy" and she would find a way to incorporate it into her slime salad.

I've seen pictures of that salad.  I think she already has. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

5 hours ago, Loveday said:

Today Lori has a long post on her blog dealing with her 'cancer-free lifestlye.' We've heard it all before, in bits and bobs, but now we have it all together for our convenience! Woot woot.

Cancer-free lifestyle? Really?

That's the sort of thing that makes karma come down hard on you. And apparently her "cancer-free lifestyle" isn't also "brain tumor free". 

She is so incredibly stupid.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

I've been told...by medical professionals mind you, that the strongest indicator of whether you will develop cancer is genetics. Yes, there are outliers who have been exposed to things that are known to cause cancer, but barring that, it's genetics. I went over that with my PCP just last week. Neither one of my parents, none of my grandparents died of cancer. They all lived (with the exception of my father who was exposed to chemicals, inhaled metal dust, etc), beyond the "average" lifespan. My dad was 70, the mother was 78, my grandmother was 78, my grandfather was 80 (on my dad's side). On the mother's side, they all were 78 or over, in one case, 104 years old. So, according to my PCP, the odds of me living to 75 or better are pretty damn good. Thank God, I'll get to live long enough to see my grandchildren grow up. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

I should desist, but I've been arguing with jerks in Twitter regarding this Stefan Molyneux tweet today.  Lori would approve.

grossgrossgross.JPG.b727bf2a3c9ecebd3ac05e10ae34748f.JPG

• Upvote 3

Now Lori is using rando sexist men who want a feminine wife as her mouthpiece. 

Why even bother? There's plenty of Christian men who say the same stuff but at least genuinely think they're following the Bible.

Further proof she and possibly Ken just some vendetta against women -- not even trying to mask it with religion anymore . . .

• Upvote 9

58 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

Now Lori is using rando sexist men who want a feminine wife as her mouthpiece. 

Why even bother? There's plenty of Christian men who say the same stuff but at least genuinely think they're following the Bible.

Further proof she and possibly Ken just some vendetta against women -- not even trying to mask it with religion anymore . . .

Yes, but she’s waving around “evidence” that a few of them are teetering on the brink of Christianity! Yeah—no way in hell these guys are using Christian complementarianism disingenuously.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Lori has posted nothing on FB since yesterday morning's advert for that Make Women Great travesty. I wonder if something is going on. FB jail? Or are she and Ken trying to figure out a way to back out of her support of that stupid conference while saving face? :think:

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

Lori has posted nothing on FB since yesterday morning's advert for that Make Women Great travesty. I wonder if something is going on. FB jail? Or are she and Ken trying to figure out a way to back out of her support of that stupid conference while saving face? :think:

I just popped over here to post the same thing. Frankly, I think it is really rude of her not to let us know WHY she has the occasional absences. Heh.  I am surprised she doesn’t later post about it when she is in Facebook Jail. It’s gotta be a perfect chapter for her Book of Persecution.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

She’s going on about debt free virgins without tattoos on Twitter. She thinks that 50 years ago  all single women met that criteria.  
Who wants to tell her that 50 years ago was 1970????
And my mother would tell you that it wasn’t true when she was in HS either—she graduated in 1962  

Mygrandfather used to tell us about how “girls in trouble” when he was in school in the 1920s could pay Mrs Someone $50 “to take care of it”   Illegal abortions in rural Nebraska  

And one of my college history professors specialized in early colonial history. His favorite statistic: 1 in 4 Puritan firstborn children was born less than nine months after their parents’s marriage. There were no NICUs....

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 15

44 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

She’s going on about debt free virgins without tattoos on Twitter. She thinks that 50 years ago  all single women met that criteria.  
Who wants to tell her that 50 years ago was 1970????
And my mother would tell you that it wasn’t true when she was in HS either—she graduated in 1962  

Mygrandfather used to tell us about how “girls in trouble” when he was in school in the 1920s could pay Mrs Someone $50 “to take care of it”   Illegal abortions in rural Nebraska  

And one of my college history professors specialized in early colonial history. His favorite statistic: 1 in 4 Puritan firstborn children was born less than nine months after their parents’s marriage. There were no NICUs....

Yep, I can confirm that not all unmarried girls were virgins in 1970.  My mom was 17 and pregnant with me at that time. My mom's BFF was also pregnant. 

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Yep, I can confirm that not all unmarried girls were virgins in 1970.  My mom was 17 and pregnant with me at that time. My mom's BFF was also pregnant. 

My mother’s cousin got pregnant at 14 in 1958.  That’s just one in her circle that I know about off the top of my head.  

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic