IGNORED

Lori Alexander 74: Anniversary Pain

18 hours ago, rayneflower said:

I need to know what post made her decide to share this to people. That is way to personal. 

Are we sure she doesn't have dementia? Are we sure? That was a kick off to my mom in law was her hygiene. 

Yeah, I work in a nursing home, and little old ladies will beat the crap out of you before they get a shower.  Plus the men - whew!  Always smelling of urine.  I don't what it is about dementia and not wanting to bathe, but it's definitely there.

• Upvote 6
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 1

On 1/4/2020 at 1:38 PM, Loveday said:

File this one under 'Way Too Much Information.'  Lori tells her chatroom peeps that she doesn't need to shower but once a week. She doesn't smell, she says. And she wears shirts several times before throwing them in the wash, unless she spills something on them. And then she asks the chatroom members to share something they feel is special about themselves.

Well, it does explain why she so often looks the way she does, I suppose. :my_confused:

Lori has totally grossed me out on this one.  I'm older than Lori and I shower every day.  I vote with everyone who's wondering if this is an early sign of dementia.  If you're only showering once a week, not wearing deodorant, re-wearing clothes frequently, and pretending that you don't smell bad, either you're really depressed or you're in cognitive decline.  

7 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

New thread title : Lori Alexander - Stinking Inside and Out

Perfect!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

I shower and wash my hair twice a week or so. However, the important stuff gets washed daily. Its wintertime, I hate freezing in the bathroom and I never really go anywhere. If I'm going out though, damn skippy I'm hauling my fat ass in the shower again. Summertime is a different story, then you'll find me in the shower daily, maybe more than once a day depending on how hot it is. 

However, I am having real issues with depression and low motivation right now. Its slowly getting better and I'm feeling more alive now, but...this is a long road I'm walking. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 29

Because I live alone, I’m super-conscious of personal hygiene issues. I shower and shampoo on alternate days (not every day, except for hot weather, because my skin and hair are so dry and I hardly ever sweat) but I make damn sure I spot-wash on those other days. Normal deodorant started making me smell like a gym, so I switched to something alcohol-based.

But do I brag about this to the entire free world? No—no, I do not.

ETA that hygiene became a *major* problem with my poor dad in his last few years. We tried to get a home health aide in to assist him, but he refused to cooperate. 

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 10

Finally back in the lands of wifi...

RE: Marriage being hard.  I find it difficult but not for Lori's reasons.  I struggle internally with the very idea of co-dependence and trust and it can steal my joy more often than I care to admit.  But I do love my husband, both emotionally and as a decision.  I felt the same with my ex, love(d) him, chose to love him.  I can't imagine not being there for either of them in a hospital or emergency situation.  I'm that nosy wife trying to understand every single detail of the injury or illness.  Before my husbands surgery a few years ago I looked at the surgeon and straight up asked him if he'd done this before and how many times!  There wasn't the luxury of a second opinion so I wanted to know.

RE: Her little dirty butt, wtelh.  I'm about as hippie as it comes, but I wash/bathe/shower/jump in a pool at least every couple days or so!  I work in an office so yeah, I'm not "dirty" every day exactly, but I still freshen up and get clean.  The days I am out and about in the redonkulous Louisiana heat or cause myself to sweat at all, I'm finding some clean water somewhere.  

I really think she does know about the "cleanliness next to godliness" thing and believes she's that high above.  Truly godly people are naturally so pure and clean they don't need basic hygiene.  I don't think she's losing it, I think she's bragging.

I mean all of us are stinky because we are clearly feminist, big boobed, leggings wearing, job havin', whores of Babylon.... 

Hey Lori:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Love 4

Lazy Lori is going to admonish us to have practical skills.  When's the last time she actually sewed a garment, cooked a real meal, bought a car on her own, filled out a tax return, etc.  Her practical skills were giving instructions to her housekeeper and nanny.

Then, we get a leghumper recommending the Maxwell's organization system, aka "How to run your house like a boot camp." 

• Upvote 14

On 1/5/2020 at 11:01 PM, Xan said:

I'm older than Lori and I shower every day.  I vote with everyone who's wondering if this is an early sign of dementia.  If you're only showering once a week, not wearing deodorant, re-wearing clothes frequently, and pretending that you don't smell bad, either you're really depressed or you're in cognitive decline.  

Amen, @Xan! Unless one is physically disabled and unable to shower without aid, there is NO GOOD REASON not to shower daily. Takes 15 min.  Just do it.

I'm reading that some people don't think they get "that dirty" because ridiculous reason. Trust in this, YOU may not *think* you smell badly, but OTHERS do.

Previous posters are 100% correct re: elderly, cognitive function and lack of hygiene.

For the love of your family, friends, co-workers and the general public: get yo ass in that shower daily pleaseandthankyou. You don't want to wash your hair daily? Buy a showercap at the DollarStore. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 2

8 hours ago, OMG said:

Amen, @Xan! Unless one is physically disabled and unable to shower without aid, there is NO GOOD REASON not to shower daily. Takes 15 min.  Just do it.

I'm reading that some people don't think they get "that dirty" because ridiculous reason. Trust in this, YOU may not *think* you smell badly, but OTHERS do.

Previous posters are 100% correct re: elderly, cognitive function and lack of hygiene.

For the love of your family, friends, co-workers and the general public: get yo ass in that shower daily pleaseandthankyou. You don't want to wash your hair daily? Buy a showercap at the DollarStore. 

Yes, there are reasons against showering daily, esp if you use soap for every shower. Soap destroys the proctective layer of your skin and raises the pH number of your skin. That's bad, esp when you allready have dry skin like mine, which a daily shower makes it worse, even with lotion afterwarts. I'm also allergic against most artificial scents and only use a scentfree, moisturizing soap for my 2 showers per week and on the rest of the week I wash with only water. I also only use a scentfree deodorant and no perfume, because allergy. And nobody has told me I smell and believe me, my coworkers and esp my bff have no problem with telling me that if I would did.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

17 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Lazy Lori is going to admonish us to have practical skills.  When's the last time she actually sewed a garment, cooked a real meal, bought a car on her own, filled out a tax return, etc.  Her practical skills were giving instructions to her housekeeper and nanny.

Then, we get a leghumper recommending the Maxwell's organization system, aka "How to run your house like a boot camp." 

I'm several years older than Lori, and by golly my husband just taught me how to rewire an electrical outlet. He's older yet and having trouble contorting himself into the necessary positions. So now I can be the one down on the floor while he hands me tools. In return he will do some alterations on my new hand-me-down raincoat because I hate using a sewing machine. And with the money we save we can go out to dinner. Life is better when you roll with it instead of making pointless categories.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 5

On 1/5/2020 at 8:25 PM, squiddysquid said:

And to think she greases her skin with left over cooking (chicken juice) fat on top of the once-weekly shower :puke-front: Do you think flies follow her?

I don't think I've seen that on her posts. Where did you see that?

• Upvote 1

Happy New Year -- 8 Tweets today already and it's only 3:23 California time.  8 Tweets that really say nothing, as usual.

• Upvote 6

Oh Lord. 

She thinks you should only vote who your husband votes for... Women and men can have different political views, Lori. Some couples are completely different politically. 

Its Let YOUR voice be heard, not let ONLY your husbands voice be heard. 

Although, I don't think Ken gets a lot of voice in his house, you know Lord Lori rules the roost. 

• Upvote 7

Does anyone else read “latex2” when they see Lori’s twitter name, laalex2? Could be my dyslexia. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Sweet Caroline said:

Does anyone else read “latex2” when they see Lori’s twitter name, laalex2?

Yes! It always makes me smile, too.

Add me to the group that can't take a daily shower. I inherited very dry skin from both parents, and now I'm old and getting drier!

I wash the naughty bits, face, feet and armpits daily, and my hands too frequently to keep track. But daily hot water and soap on my torso, legs and arms would just make my skin dryer. Every 2-3 days is enough, and even that leads to an itchy back in winter.

But I don't claim I can go days without washing anything, and I do use deodorant. And I certainly don't think anything about that is special, Lori! If someone insisted on knowing what I thought was special about me, what my body does or doesn't do would not even make the list.

If you ask me what annoys me about myself, lots of body parts and what they do (or fail to do) would be on that list!

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, rayneflower said:

Oh Lord. 

She thinks you should only vote who your husband votes for... Women and men can have different political views, Lori. Some couples are completely different politically. 

Its Let YOUR voice be heard, not let ONLY your husbands voice be heard. 

Although, I don't think Ken gets a lot of voice in his house, you know Lord Lori rules the roost. 

So, since I'll be single at this year's election what should I do? Do I let my feline headships decide or do I have to consult my oldest son (who'd roll his eyes at me and say something to the effect of "I don't fkn know...do whatever"?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

12 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

my 2 showers per week

I can't hardly believe you are arguing, nay, DEFENDING the fact that you shower only 2 out of 7 days! As if that's a totally normal thing to do!

On a public forum, no less. 

*mind blown*

• Move Along 3
  • Fuck You 6
  • Downvote 9

3 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I wash the naughty bits, face, feet and armpits daily, and my hands too frequently to keep track. But daily hot water and soap on my torso, legs and arms would just make my skin dryer. Every 2-3 days is enough, and even that leads to an itchy back in winter.

A daily shower and I would scratch myself bloody in certain parts in the winter, because it would itch that much. And for handwashing, I don't know how many handlotions I have strategically placed in my locker at work, in my handbags or at home to treat my hands after washing. It's flu season after all and handsanitizer is my best friend at the moment between two sneezing, coughing costumers/ patients. I use the high quality, pricier stuff, but the sales people who visit us are quiete generous, so I didn't pay for any of the stuff I use.

And confession time, since I allready made that damning confession with only showering 2 times a week and washing just with water on the others. I use a cozy duvet, which covers are only changed weekly instead of daily and if you visit me at home, you have to get out of your street shoes and walk around on socks in my apartment. My dog sleeps in my bed and every sim I ever created while playing the Sims was killed of by me, because I got annoyed with them and mostly play for building und furnishing their houses. Did I forgott a controversy?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
  • Love 4

6 hours ago, Sweet Caroline said:

Does anyone else read “latex2” when they see Lori’s twitter name, laalex2? Could be my dyslexia. 

I read it as "lala".  Which totally fits Lori.  :crazy:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6

23 hours ago, OMG said:

Unless one is physically disabled and unable to shower without aid, there is NO GOOD REASON not to shower daily. Takes 15 min.  Just do it.

I do it and I feel miserable when I cannot take my daily shower for whatever reason. But we all should be aware that taking daily showers is no sustainable, unhealthy for the skin, and an enormous waste of resources. With the climate crisis, in a few years most of us will be forced to cut these rutines and use far less water.

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 1

24 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

I have strategically placed in my locker at work,

Please tell me you don't work in the healthcare field. You do, don't you? *heavy sigh*

Below is Basic Hygiene 101 according to the Department of Health:

"The human body can provide places for disease-causing germs and parasites to grow and multiply. These places include the skin and in and around the openings to the body. It is less likely that germs and parasites will get inside the body if people have good personal hygiene habits.

Good personal hygiene habits include: washing the body often. If possible, everybody should have a shower or a bath every day." 

Please, read more at: https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/publications/publishing.nsf/Content/ohp-enhealth-manual-atsi-cnt-l~ohp-enhealth-manual-atsi-cnt-l-ch3~ohp-enhealth-manual-atsi-cnt-l-ch3.7

But hey, what the fuck do I know? ;) 

24 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

It's flu season after all and handsanitizer is my best friend at the moment between two sneezing, coughing costumers/ patients.

Lemme get this straight. YOU are concerned that you may catch some superbug from your PATIENTS...….but THEY are subjected to someone who cares for them who DOES NOT BATHE regularly. I mean, what the actual fuck? Holy cognitive dissonance.

See pal, seems YOU are the health risk - carrying disease-causing germs and parasites because you will not take 15 minutes to CLEANSE YOURSELF THOROUGHLY in a daily shower. 

Seriously, fuck you. How dare you disrespect and take advantage of vulnerable people who depend on you for care.

Edited by OMG
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 15

If you don't workout or sweat during the day, and don't have sex, do you really need to shower? 

I probably shower every other day/ every 2 days in the winter. 

I use deodorant/antiperspirant and flush able wipes after using the restroom. I change my underwear at night and in the morning. 

I'm a teacher, so I am constantly hand-washing, and I wash my face at night. 

Honestly taking a shower would be a waste of gallons of water, my soap/shampoo, lotion, etc. 

I'm actually appalled someone is INSISTING you MUST take a shower every day.  

Now in the summer, or after an energetic romantic romp, totally different story -- any prickle of sweat and I am 100% taking a shower. 

I think this adamant poster maybe has a hang up about bacteria/germs that is rooted in something else. 

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/showering-daily-is-it-necessary-2019062617193

https://time.com/4259559/shower-soap-hygiene/

https://www.businessinsider.com/showering-how-often-2017-11

https://www.health.com/condition/skin-conditions/how-often-should-you-shower

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, feministxtian said:

So, since I'll be single at this year's election what should I do?Do I let my feline headships decide or do I have to consult my oldest son (who'd roll his eyes at me and say something to the effect of "I don't fkn know...do whatever"?

Well, in the book of Lori, probably only Luke would count, being male and all.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Did I forgott a controversy?

How do you feel about peanut butter? ?

• Haha 17

2 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

How do you feel about peanut butter? ?

Never tasted it, it's not very wide spread here. But we could get in livelong feud over Nutella sandwiches with or without butter underneath :D

• Haha 9
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

But we could get in livelong feud over Nutella sandwiches with or without butter underneath

I'd say "who cares, as long as there's Nutella."

I need to forget Nutella exists - it's way too tempting. Of course, some people in my life are making that hard. Last night, a piano student of mine was wearing the shirt he'd asked for as a Christmas gift:

Spoiler

image.png.138ae312b0706b2fbf95ce8c89e33f1f.png

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic