IGNORED

Clara Nolkamper: I Have 11 Children

Nefernandes2019

11 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

Didn't Claras last one just fall out in the shower?? Surely that cannot be good?

Yep... She didn't notice she was in labour... But I have to say it, I think it's bullshit so it looks she really good having kids and it's really easy because she's blessed and bla bla bla 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Nefernandes2019 said:

Yep... She didn't notice she was in labour... But I have to say it, I think it's bullshit so it looks she really good having kids and it's really easy because she's blessed and bla bla bla 

Didn't what's her name from Life in a Shoe do that once? Accidentally have one on the deck? It must be a thing once all the muscles are so used to having babies. I can only imagine prolapse increases along with it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

Didn't Claras last one just fall out in the shower?? Surely that cannot be good?

Instantly thought of the "Every Sperm is Sacred" scene from Month Python's The Meaning of Life movie. 

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

Didn't what's her name from Life in a Shoe do that once? Accidentally have one on the deck? It must be a thing once all the muscles are so used to having babies. I can only imagine prolapse increases along with it. 

I kind of remember something like that as well.

My second was born in less than two hours from first contraction to birth. Yet I knew flat out that it was coming fast. The contractions just start fast and there’s practically no time between them. So my husband sped to the hospital and we made it in time. I think some fundie women have so much to do that they just deny how far along in labor they are. They are used to ignoring their own bodies to deal with the needs of others. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Joyleaf said:

Here is the segment where he told the story one day after it had happened:

His facial expressions are interesting and far away from the smooth presentation of the condensed story. :D

“We’re about to have a baby.  We’re having a baby.  We had a baby.”

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think some fundie women have so much to do that they just deny how far along in labor they are. They are used to ignoring their own bodies to deal with the needs of others. 

Some like you deliver quickly but I’d bet both these happen a whole lot more than they’d admit! (Or they try checking themselves or use questionable methods to decide they still have enough time)

• Upvote 3

I have a colleague who had her second (and last!) baby on the kitchen floor and she swears she had one strong contraction while doing the dishes and held the counter as she squatted down through the contraction, then felt the baby's head coming out into her jeans. Her first labor was 18-20 hours, they had hours to get to the hospital, in the hospital, Braxton-Hicks in the weeks leading up to the birth, baby was 1 week past due date etc. By all accounts, a fairly textbook birth that was sufficiently painful and exhausting. The second pregnancy, she was 37 weeks, had no Braxton-Hicks, and she was legitimately traumatized by what had just happened (as was her 3.5 yr old son who had been playing with his cars on the kitchen floor). There was no way she'd ever go through the trauma of that second birth again so she vowed it would be her last and it was. She had also had a number of extremely stressful and awful life events happening during her second pregnancy, so the doctors later speculated maybe that had some influence somehow. She's not someone who spins BS and to the few she shares that birth story with, you can see what a distressing incident it was and she had to make a conscious and mindful effort to bond with that baby because it didn't come naturally to her for months like with her first. She describes that post-partum period as feeling kind of detached from reality for some weeks and as though the baby wasn't hers.

tl;dr - not everyone is thankful for these rare quick and relatively physically painless birth stories

Edited by Aine
typo
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 4

9 minutes ago, Aine said:

I have a colleague who had her second (and last!) baby on the kitchen floor and she swears she had one strong contraction while doing the dishes and held the counter as she squatted down through the contraction, then felt the baby's head coming out into her jeans. Her first labor was 18-20 hours, they had hours to get to the hospital, in the hospital, Braxton-Hicks in the weeks leading up to the birth, baby was 1 week past due date etc. By all accounts, a fairly textbook birth that was sufficiently painful and exhausting. The second pregnancy, she was 37 weeks, had no Braxton-Hicks, and she was legitimately traumatized by what had just happened (as was her 3.5 yr old son who had been playing with his cars on the kitchen floor). There was no way she'd ever go through the trauma of that second birth again so she vowed it would be her last and it was. She had also had a number of extremely stressful and awful life events happening during her second pregnancy, so the doctors later speculated maybe that had some influence somehow. She's not someone who spins BS and to the few she shares that birth story with, you can see what a distressing incident it was and she had to make a conscious and mindful effort to bond with that baby because it didn't come naturally to her for months like with her first. She describes that post-partum period as feeling kind of detached from reality for some weeks and as though the baby wasn't hers.

tl;dr - not everyone is thankful for these rare quick and relatively physically painless birth stories

I wasn’t thankful for my quick labor. It was overwhelming and scary. My body could handle it. But my mind couldn’t. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 9

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My second was born in less than two hours from first contraction to birth. Yet I knew flat out that it was coming fast. The contractions just start fast and there’s practically no time between them. So my husband sped to the hospital and we made it in time. I think some fundie women have so much to do that they just deny how far along in labor they are. They are used to ignoring their own bodies to deal with the needs of others. 

It's possible that some of them just do have fast labors, especially further along. My second was born after they broke my water in the hospital; if my water had broken at home he would have been a home birth, because it was less than half an hour from breaking to baby and I wasn't getting regular contractions before that to tell me to get ready to go.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wasn’t thankful for my quick labor. It was overwhelming and scary. My body could handle it. But my mind couldn’t. 

I think that's exactly how my colleague felt. Obviously she was grateful for a healthy baby and her own health (e.g. no tearing or anything like with her first) but I think her struggles psychologically around that birth experience were only made worse by so many women telling her how lucky she was to not "go through" a regular labor. I know she doesn't talk about it openly with people she isn't close to and I think that is likely because people would still oooh and ahhh about how amazing that would have been if it had happened to them. These super-breeders we discuss hold it up like a badge of honor and they get that praise in spades as well, except they lap it up and likely exaggerate the speed and ease for that praise, reinforcing this belief they have that their body was solely made to procreate. Any woman who carries a child and births a child has their own unique experience and holding some births up as 'better' than others based on these values society has somehow seemed to come to a shallow consensus on- quick, less pain, a baby big enough to be healthy but not too big etc- really constrains the true humanity of this experience in which the extremes of all kinds of emotions can be felt in a rollercoaster-like way. What the female body can do is extraordinary, and pigeon-holing any of it in good/bad dichotomies that don't come from that woman's individual emotional experience is potentially so damaging.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 3

24 minutes ago, Aine said:

I think that's exactly how my colleague felt. Obviously she was grateful for a healthy baby and her own health (e.g. no tearing or anything like with her first) but I think her struggles psychologically around that birth experience were only made worse by so many women telling her how lucky she was to not "go through" a regular labor. I know she doesn't talk about it openly with people she isn't close to and I think that is likely because people would still oooh and ahhh about how amazing that would have been if it had happened to them. These super-breeders we discuss hold it up like a badge of honor and they get that praise in spades as well, except they lap it up and likely exaggerate the speed and ease for that praise, reinforcing this belief they have that their body was solely made to procreate. Any woman who carries a child and births a child has their own unique experience and holding some births up as 'better' than others based on these values society has somehow seemed to come to a shallow consensus on- quick, less pain, a baby big enough to be healthy but not too big etc- really constrains the true humanity of this experience in which the extremes of all kinds of emotions can be felt in a rollercoaster-like way. What the female body can do is extraordinary, and pigeon-holing any of it in good/bad dichotomies that don't come from that woman's individual emotional experience is potentially so damaging.

My friends did that to me too. “Wow you’re so lucky!” But I am blunt and explained how a very quick labor can be a total mind fuck. I think they understood for the most part. I personally wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

Did anyone else catch the IG commenter on Jill (Duggar)'s post about the bunk beds? The one who called Clara out about posting on every. single. fundie. post. that she has 11 children, and how she's pathetic and seeking attention? I went back to screenshot it, and both Clara's comment and the snarker's had been deleted.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 5

On 4/22/2020 at 8:20 AM, mysweetetc said:

Did anyone else catch the IG commenter on Jill (Duggar)'s post about the bunk beds? The one who called Clara out about posting on every. single. fundie. post. that she has 11 children, and how she's pathetic and seeking attention? I went back to screenshot it, and both Clara's comment and the snarker's had been deleted.

Ouch. Poor Clara. Wish I’d seen the screenshot though ?

I had a c section scheduled due to a host of concerns with my twins. The Sunday before my Tuesday csection my water broke at 11:15 pm, first contraction as we pulled into the ER was at 11:33. By the time I crossed the hospital to L&D I was 6cms ?. Have you ever seen an OR scrambled? 

Earlier that week my dr. told me not to worry since first pregnancies were usually slow and they would have time to fly me to the city if they needed too. The next day I told him WTF and he laughed. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 7

Family lore: A pregnant friend of my grandma’s was at her MIL’s house helping with a card party. The pregnant woman started feeling a bit “off,” so she retreated to the bedroom to lie down for a second (not wanting to draw attention to herself because old Italian ladies can be judgy and gossipy AF). Seconds later, she gave birth on a pile of coats and hats. For her second pregnancy, she was in the A&P produce section and noticed water on the floor—her water had broken. This time she was able to hail a cab and get to the hospital in time.

• Love 5

• 4 weeks later...

She’s at it again - she commented on Jamie Otis’ post announcing her new baby. She managed to fit in a few brags..the amount of boys she has, the 6 home births, the 11 children, the fact number 11 “fell” out.   And put emojis to show how humble she really is about it all.  

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 3

Using the reasoning of these moms of many who are patting themselves on the back for “saving” Christianity and the “white race,” I’m singlehandedly taking credit for the declining birth rate in all industrialized nations because I was only able to have one kid.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

On 5/21/2020 at 12:07 AM, mysweetetc said:

She's got to be cooking another one, right?

I've been thinking that as her insta has been incredibly quiet for her and it's not down to covid as she has all the kids at home in a normal situation anyway....I'm guessing shes suffering with bad morning sickness . 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BritishBabycatcher said:

I've been thinking that as her insta has been incredibly quiet for her and it's not down to covid as she has all the kids at home in a normal situation anyway....I'm guessing shes suffering with bad morning sickness . 

She apparently doesn't suffer often from morning sickness, though that certainly could have changed. I personally think she found us sometime around the birth of her last, and has been taking "social media fasts" intermittently due to a shred of discomfort or self-awareness. She's been very active on instagram, but mainly commenting on other peoples' posts rather than making her own. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 3:35 AM, Hane said:

Using the reasoning of these moms of many who are patting themselves on the back for “saving” Christianity and the “white race,” I’m singlehandedly taking credit for the declining birth rate in all industrialized nations because I was only able to have one kid.

I'll join you in that, at least for the Antidopean part.

• Thank You 2

On 5/19/2020 at 10:35 AM, Hane said:

Its ok, I had 3, but they're not "white"...oops...

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2