IGNORED

Clara Nolkamper: I Have 11 Children

Nefernandes2019

3 minutes ago, Nefernandes15 said:

Uhm Clara is saying on Instagram she's not quiverfull. Well so she is just crazy! 

Some women are just baby addicts and it has nothing to do with religion. She’s like Sue Radford. They were both teen moms that just can’t stop having baby after baby to make them feel good.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, Nefernandes15 said:

Uhm Clara is saying on Instagram she's not quiverfull. Well so she is just crazy! 

That doesn't really fit with what she writes here about how their growing faith was the reason they decided to have more babies after the third one (and not have a vasectomy).

"We were 21, married for nearly 4 years, and our family was complete.

However, I never took into account our growing faith. 2010 was a turning point in our faith, a point where we became actively faithful instead of just vocally faithful. For Robert, this was a time of tremendous growth; he took seriously his roles as daddy, husband, and provider. The night before his vasectomy he called me into the living room as the boys were playing. ‘We need to talk,’ he said. I can hear the conversation like it was yesterday.

This was that pivotal moment in our lives. This was when everything aligned. This was the moment which opened the door to where we are today.

‘This isn’t it, we aren’t finished…’ and just like that, his appointment was canceled.

‘What was he saying? Can we really do this? Is this truly our family’s calling? The normal family just doesn’t have more than 3!’"

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Some women are just baby addicts and it has nothing to do with religion. She’s like Sue Radford. They were both teen moms that just can’t stop having baby after baby to make them feel good.

But Clara is always talking about her quiver full of arrows and bla bla bla! I always thought religion had something to do with her having so many children!

And all the talk about her husband be the one who decides if they have another child or not sounds like a headship thing!

Edited by Nefernandes15
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Nefernandes15 said:

Didn’t Michelle Duggar say the same thing? Yeah, right!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

9 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Didn’t Michelle Duggar say the same thing? Yeah, right!

Exactly, I don't buy it! She doesn't want to look like a crazy fundie person, altought I don't think she's 100% fundie.

• Upvote 5

Well Clara tagged a few of her posts after Elliott was born as #houseofarrows and said on a post she had a You Tube channel with that name. Surely that implies some form of Quiverfull - a quiver full of arrows being the saying? 

She also responded to a comment under the photo of Elliott sitting on her (new at the time) bump - talking about how her husband is her spiritual and financial leader and that the pray about it and listen to what God says.

So she’s not entirely being honest saying it’s not a religious thing!!

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Adie said:

Well Clara tagged a few of her posts after Elliott was born as #houseofarrows and said on a post she had a You Tube channel with that name. Surely that implies some form of Quiverfull - a quiver full of arrows being the saying? 

She also responded to a comment under the photo of Elliott sitting on her (new at the time) bump - talking about how her husband is her spiritual and financial leader and that the pray about it and listen to what God says.

Clara definitely isn’t known for being completely honest. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Adie said:

Oh my!! I looked at her YouTube channel, the birth of Amelia, so for someone who brags about how small her bellies always were, she looks really really pregnant in that birth video.

Another proof she posts pics when she's 6 months pregnant saying it's the day before the birth.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Nefernandes15 said:

Oh my!! I looked at her YouTube channel, the birth of Amelia, so for someone who brags about how small her bellies always were, she looks really really pregnant in that birth video.

Another proof she posts pics when she's 6 months pregnant saying it's the day before the birth.

I think it’s also very possible she takes pics using angles that make her bump less obvious. I remember being pregnant and certain shirts would make me look 50 weeks pregnant while others didn’t. If I slouched and let my back completely arch forward from the weight of my belly, it also looked much bigger. She could be doing a number of things to make her bump look smaller. Which is sad to me. Because I’m afraid it comes from a place of self consciousness about her body. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I think Clara brings comments and hashtags about quivers and arrows as an afterthought or further justification for the number of kids they have and how close together all the pregnancies are even though it's just what she wants. I've never got the impression that their religious beliefs are the driving force behind the size of their family. I think it also makes her feel like she fits in more among the other "moms of many" that she is followed by and she follows on IG.

I see references she makes to quiverful being yet another symptom of her low self-esteem/lack of confidence. I think she has lots of kids because being pregnant and having loads of kids fills a need for her because of the attention she gets and the feeling of being needed by a small child. I also do think she genuinely enjoys being a mother too, unlike some other people we follow (*cough* Braggie *cough*). But I think she sees other big families using God to justify their family size and she thinks people would judge her if she just said that she and her husband want lots of kids (no matter the underlying reason for that).

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, Aine said:

I think Clara brings comments and hashtags about quivers and arrows as an afterthought or further justification for the number of kids they have and how close together all the pregnancies are even though it's just what she wants. I've never got the impression that their religious beliefs are the driving force behind the size of their family. I think it also makes her feel like she fits in more among the other "moms of many" that she is followed by and she follows on IG.

I see references she makes to quiverful being yet another symptom of her low self-esteem/lack of confidence. I think she has lots of kids because being pregnant and having loads of kids fills a need for her because of the attention she gets and the feeling of being needed by a small child. I also do think she genuinely enjoys being a mother too, unlike some other people we follow (*cough* Braggie *cough*). But I think she sees other big families using God to justify their family size and she thinks people would judge her if she just said that she and her husband want lots of kids (no matter the underlying reason for that).

Yes!! I think she really loves her kids but there's a point it's to many kids to attend all the needs, not about money or food like the Rodriguez, but about time, affection, alone time, etc... Every child is different, every single one of them needs time and love, it's impossible to give that to 12 little kids. 

I honestly think she wrote that hashtag because she found us. She's saying she isn't quiverfull or crazy fundie, so that we know she's not like the Duggars.

• Upvote 1

Courtney is taking baby name guesses on Instagram. I guessed Carrie, which she didn't post to her story... We'll see if I'm right in a few days!

Someone else guessed Corona.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

She posted someone's guess of "Carrie" this morning. She also said that she's trying not to post duplicate guesses, so yours may have been jettisoned for that reason.

Someone asked her earlier today if the correct name had been among the posted guesses, and she said yes, it had. So who knows! I'm still heavily favoring Cassie or Cammie/Camille this time around, but nothing will surprise me (unless it doesn't start with a "C").

• Upvote 2

Uhmmm so Clara isn't quiverfull and doesn't want us to think she's quiverfull... First post after that, a blanket full of arrows! I know it's a trendy patern but oh my! 

• Haha 6

IIRC, the Duggars also claimed they weren’t Quiverfull, despite having Psalm 127:4-5 in the front of their first book.

• Upvote 3

The first rule of Duggars is: Duggars Lie. Their earliest website used to link to the Quiverfull.com, and an article about their family's beliefs.

However, the Duggars definitely refined their agenda/public image over the years. JimBoob used to imply that their family size was up to Michelle. This was way back in the political gambit days, before any of the TV shows. I can't find it now, but I remember at least one article where he said something like "I'll have however many Michelle wants; so far, she's always been open to having more."

In all fairness, the Duggars retroactively became the face of the Quiverfull movement during a time when it was just entering the Christian mainstream. Unless they were very early adopters, they couldn't have started their marriage with that intention.  Jim and Michelle married in 1984, had their first kid in 1988, and decided to ditch hormonal birth control in 1990. Most of the books  that refined the "Full Quiver" ideology were published in the late 80s and early 90s. Wikipedia credits the movement with a start date of 1995, and the Duggars probably heard about it around that time. They already had 7 kids at that point, and were clearly on the "take them as they  come" track. I think it's a case of them finding a label that fit after the fact rather than intentionally trying to create their family around the ideology from the start.

• Upvote 11

• 2 weeks later...

I swear! Clara must be bipolar or something! So she wasn't quiverfull, I was reading her posts because there's a lot of birthdays in November/December and someone asked if there was a reason for the arrows patern, she said it was because she liked but they were christians so it could simbolize their kids! OMFG if you dont want to be called quiverfull stop with this nonsense!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I just....she has a twoish week old and baby fever? The hell?! They definitely do not wait six weeks imo and I can't imagine. 

Also, is it just me or is her husband never on her instagram? Doesn't match her image? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

I just....she has a twoish week old and baby fever? The hell?! They definitely do not wait six weeks imo and I can't imagine. 

Also, is it just me or is her husband never on her instagram? Doesn't match her image? 

This reminds me of the Duggars when straight after having a baby, would say they were ready for more. 

Makes me think they are like little kids opening presents at Christmas but not appreciating any. 

Kind of callous to the newborn, I'm already thinking about your replacement.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

11 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

I saw that. And someone commented that with 12 already, she must always have baby fever. She responded by saying that it's often her husband with baby fever before her. Yet you never see a photo of him with the kids or snuggling a newborn etc. I can maybe understand if he wants to avoid social media and things, especially if he has a mainstream job. I don't know...

She puzzles me.

I am impressed by the birthdays she puts on for her kids though. We can say it's all for show and her public image of being the 'perfect mother' but regardless, her kids do get to experience those great decorations and cakes and having a day that is clearly thought about and prepared for beforehand with intention and it must make them feel truly special on their birthday. It's something that sets Clara apart from a lot of the fundies we follow.

Also, for all her focus on not looking pregnant and looking young and obsessively adding to her brood and how her whole self-worth seems to be tied up in breeding, I do get the impression she enjoys her children. Maybe she doesn't soak in the newborn long enough for before trying for yet another Irish twin but I like that on Olivia's birthday, it seemed like just she and Olivia went out and Olivia picked out things she likes and wants and Clara's words were more about Olivia and how wonderful she is and her beautiful qualities rather than all about how Olivia 'serves the family' or 'serves Jesus every second of every freaking day' or about what Olivia does for her parents.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

Is there a 6week 'rule' in the US?

I've never heard of this in england. 

My midwife just told me I could resume activities when I felt like it but just to use contraception from 3 weeks if I didnt want to get pregnant again so soon.

Maybe to much detail...some of you might be grossed out by it. 

First baby I went 12 weeks (he was a god damn nightmare baby!!!)

Second baby I lasted about 5 days ? (easy baby)

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Nefernandes15 said:

I swear! Clara must be bipolar or something!

There's a big difference between being a liar and being "bipolar". Probably not the best word to throw around.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2