IGNORED

No good ending here: Idaho mom dead, other kids missing

Howl

14 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

The East Idaho News site has a synopsis of the Chandler AZ police investigation into Charles Vallow's murder.  At the end, there is a link to those police documents.  If I am Zulema (Alex Cox's widow) or Melanie Beaudreaux, I'd lawyer up.  And if I was Melanie's B's current husband, I'd be getting the hell out of that marriage. 

The general opinion held by Lori Hellis and reddit around Zulema is that she has worked out some sort of deal with Wood. That's why she was speaking to him when he first stated he intended to charge both Lori and Chad with murder. I dunno if that applies to Arizona though.

• I Agree 2

True Crime Arizona Podcast is airing Lori Vallow's Deadly Delusions. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

The general opinion held by Lori Hellis and reddit around Zulema is that she has worked out some sort of deal with Wood. That's why she was speaking to him when he first stated he intended to charge both Lori and Chad with murder. I dunno if that applies to Arizona though.

Interesting.  I guess with Alex dead, prosecutors had to find the next possible person who could provide evidence to implicate Lori and/or Chad in the death of Charles Vallow.  Immunity from all prosecution?  I guess we'll see whenever these cases proceed to trial.

• Upvote 2

This article on EastIdahoNews details the evidence that Charles Vallow's death was planned and that Alex Cox fired one shot into Charles while Charles was standing and a second shot while Charles was on the floor.  In addition to lying about shooting Charles while he was standing, the timeline shows that Charles was on the floor dead or dying for approximately 40 minutes before Alex made a call to 911, and Alex Cox also lied about performing CPR.  I'd guess that Alex Cox waited until Charles was dead before calling 911. 

I have to believe the Chandler police were incompetent to look at that scene, believe Alex's BS story about self defense, not notice that Lori was chatty and not the least bit concerned and even cheerful about her freshly deceased husband and not think to investigate it as a murder. 

Lots more details here: Documents giving more insights into Daybells’ bizarre beliefs and death of Charles Vallow

From the EIN article: 

Spoiler

Investigators say Lori believed she was an exalted goddess directed to lead the 144,000 with Chad to prepare for the end of the world. Both Chad and Lori believe they had “extraordinary abilities,” including teleportation, causing harm to others, calling up natural disasters, praying away demonic spirits and having visions.

Chad isn't believed to have had any part in the planning of Charles' death or at least there's no evidence that he did. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

On 5/27/2021 at 5:35 PM, EmmieJ said:

But I think the prosecution and other authorities have been quietly working away on this case, getting cell phone records from all the various burner phones, etc. and I think there may be quite a bit of damming texts between all the parties involved

Yes, right on target.  My impression is that recovered texts were pivotal in charging Lori in Charles' death. 

I hope the details come out in Alex Cox's role in all of this.  Besides murdering Tylee and JJ, I'm convinced he was involved in the attempted hits on Boudreaux (Lori's niece's now ex husband) and Tammy, who was approached in front of her house by a man she thought had a paint ball rifle, but was probably Alex with an assault rifle. Important to remember that Chad was home at the time this weird incident took place in front of Chad and Tammy's house. 

I'm also convinced that Alex murdered Joe Ryan (Lori's 4th husband) but that can never be proven. Ryan was found dead in his apartment in AZ in what is referred to as an advanced stage of decomp, death was determined to be from natural causes and he was quickly cremated. 

The reason I think this is two fold.  First, Alex had a history with Joe Ryan and went to jail for assaulting him.  Second,  (IIRC) Joe had an insurance policy for Tylee that was disbursed to Lori.  Can't remember the exact details, but Lori received the money since Tylee was a minor. 

• Upvote 7

Posted (edited)
On 6/9/2021 at 9:21 PM, EmmieJ said:

Yet here she sits, in jail, facing a possible life sentence.  Perhaps she also sees her youth and attractiveness fading, which would no doubt be difficult for a person who always used both to get what she wanted.  

I pointed this out upthread I think.  She's right at the age for menopause and she won't be getting any help with that. No hormone therapy for the heat flashes, no cool sheets, no facials, no personal trainer, no kale smoothies, no way to cover the gray, nada. 

Her fellow inmates are now caught up on her charges.  The bodies of Tylee and JJ have been found, she's being charged with their  deaths and implicated in the murder of a previous husband. She's no longer a mother with missing children who says they are safe, she's a psychopathic killer.

Those things can get a girl down, ya know?

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7

MCAO: No charge of conspiracy to commit murder for Chad Daybell | Lori Vallow Case | azfamily.com

Maricopa County is not going to charge Chad in Charles Vallow's death

• Thank You 7

• 2 weeks later...

New details contained in thousands of Daybell case documents just released by police - East Idaho News

This popped up today. Haven't read thru it all, but thought I'd post it in case there is something new in the report and/or documents. 

Last photos of 'cult' mom Lori Vallow's children Tylee, 1, and JJ, 7, are released in new documents | Daily Mail Online

Another article. Still looking for the documents.

Can't find the actual documents so far. If anyone else does, can you please post the link to them? Thanks. 

Edited by Chickenbutt
Added another article
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

This is what stood out to me from the East Idaho News highlights of released documents: "Lori booked a flight from Idaho Falls to Arizona on Oct. 8, 2019, the day before investigators say Tammy reported being shot at outside her Salem home. Investigators presume Cox was the masked gunman Tammy wrote about in a Facebook post regarding the encounter."

• Upvote 5