IGNORED

Des Moines Woman Intentionally Hit 14 Year Old

47of74

Fuck Face’s Murcia Y’All

Clive police say a Des Moines woman ran down a 14-year old girl because she was Hispanic.

Officers announced Thursday that 42-year-old Nicole Poole Franklin of Des Moines was charged with attempted murder.

Investigators say Poole Franklin was driving near Indian Hills Junior High School on Dec. 9, saw the victim, and left the roadway to hit her while she was on the sidewalk. Poole Franklin left without checking on the girl.

The 14-year-old suffered several injuries.

I hope she goes to prison for a real long time. 

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 2
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 8
  • WTF 2

More here:

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/iowa-woman-admits-striking-14-year-old-girl-with-car-because-she-is-mexican-police-say/UW4RA5PMHFH2PCYTXS4G653G2M/?outputType=amp&amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=feed-trending

https://www.kcci.com/article/watch-police-say-hit-and-run-crash-was-racially-motivated/30296571#

Venema said investigators received information on a suspect vehicle and learned that a woman in a similar vehicle was arrested at a West Des Moines gas station about an hour after the hit-and-run.

"She walked in and said, 'Hey, sand n*****, pump my gas," said a convenience store employee, who asked not to be identified.

The convenience store employee said Franklin started stealing things and vandalizing the store, ripping open food bags and throwing things at him.

He said he was not the only person on the receiving end of Franklin's hate-fueled rhetoric.

"Anybody … a colored person walked in, (and) she was calling them n*****," he said. "'Hey n*****, you going to pump my gas?' That is when I called 911."

• Disgust 4
  • WTF 7
  • Thank You 2

What a horrible human. I am so angry, horrified, saddened and shocked that people like this exist. The poor child who was intentionally run down. Ugh. Stop the planet. I want off.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 10

@47of74
With all due respect, could you consider a holiday moratorium on these particular types of posts. We have a year of this coming. Maybe we can pause through New Year's?

Much obliged.

Edited by AliceInFundyland
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

More here:
https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/iowa-woman-admits-striking-14-year-old-girl-with-car-because-she-is-mexican-police-say/UW4RA5PMHFH2PCYTXS4G653G2M/?outputType=amp&amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=feed-trending
https://www.kcci.com/article/watch-police-say-hit-and-run-crash-was-racially-motivated/30296571#

Venema said investigators received information on a suspect vehicle and learned that a woman in a similar vehicle was arrested at a West Des Moines gas station about an hour after the hit-and-run.
"She walked in and said, 'Hey, sand n*****, pump my gas," said a convenience store employee, who asked not to be identified.
The convenience store employee said Franklin started stealing things and vandalizing the store, ripping open food bags and throwing things at him.
He said he was not the only person on the receiving end of Franklin's hate-fueled rhetoric.
"Anybody … a colored person walked in, (and) she was calling them n*****," he said. "'Hey n*****, you going to pump my gas?' That is when I called 911."

She got charged for her gas station antics too

Police charged Nicole Marie Poole Franklin on Dec. 9 with violation of individual rights, fifth-degree theft, public intoxication and possession of a controlled substance following her arrest at a Conoco convenience store located at 136 1st St. in West Des Moines.

That’s all in addition to the attempted murder charge. I hope she’s not getting out of prison until many years after the holidays.
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On December 22, 2019 at 6:34 AM, Kailash said:

Ugh. Stop the planet. I want off.

Same. This feeling has gotten worse for me in the last few days, actually. Aliens, asteroids, robot takeover... I don't care at this point. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

She should have been off the streets a long time ago

In 2017, Poole was charged with stabbing her then-boyfriend while she was on probation. But a felony charge was dismissed after the alleged victim refused to cooperate.

Charges alleging she assaulted and harassed another boyfriend in 2018 were dismissed after he also declined to cooperate.

I hope she never has another free day as long as she lives. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

• 1 year later...

Some good news in this case.

A Des Moines woman received two 25 year sentences to serve concurrently for hitting two young people with her vehicle because of the color of their skin.

According to the Des Moines Register, 43-year-old Nicole Poole Franklin was sentenced last week.

Franklin pleaded guilty to attempted murder after she hit a 14-year-old girl who is Latina, and a 12-year-old boy who is Black.

She's still facing sentencing for the Federal hate crime convictions.  I hope she's in prison for a very, very long time. 

• Thank You 10

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Des Moines Woman Intentionally Hit 14 Year Old
  • 2 months later...

She got a 25 year Federal sentence. 

A white Iowa woman who said she drove her SUV into two children in 2019 to try to kill them because of their race was sentenced Thursday to 25 years in prison on federal hate crimes charges.

Nicole Poole Franklin had already been sentenced to up to 25 years, including a mandatory minimum of 17 1/2, on state attempted murder charges in the Dec. 9, 2019, attacks in Des Moines.

In a separate federal proceeding, U.S. District Judge Stephanie Rose sentenced Poole Franklin on Thursday to 304 months in prison, or 25 years and four months. Poole Franklin, 43, pleaded guilty to two federal hate crimes charges in May.

The sentence will run concurrently with the state punishment but ensure she will be incarcerated for longer, since the federal system does not have parole.

Too bad it couldn’t be consecutive because then she’d be in up to 50 years then. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2