IGNORED

AMA with former ATI member

bal maiden

nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

This is a reminder that we are not here to dox the AMA writer. But rip her ridiculous story all to hell. I mean rip it. But just don’t dox her.

1 hour ago, Marmion said:

This is the only part that I find to be questionable .  IVF is usually rejected by anti-abortion Quiverfull advocates , as it entails the destruction of embryos that aren't implanted .    { https://slate.com/human-interest/2016/01/frozen-embryos-and-the-anti-abortion-activists-who-love-them.html , https://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/stevenwaldman/2009/01/vatican-statement-on-in-vitro.html , 

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/protestant-group-advocates-leaving-fertility-in-gods-hands-no-birth-control }  As to the point that birth control pills are not permitted , even to treat a medical condition . While my maternal extended family is not exactly Quiverfull , it is conservative evangelical , and my one cousin does use birth control in order to treat an ovarian cyst .  So I would imagine that as long as it has a practical application to healthcare it would be condoned , but I cannot be sure , plus YMMV . 

And "quiverfull" is usually not embraced by Quiverfull-ers as a designation...

She is also spelling Quiverfull incorrectly and deeming it a cult is not correct either.

• Upvote 6

25 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

She is also spelling Quiverfull incorrectly and deeming it a cult is not correct either.

Exactly!  I'm afraid I don't believe this person, at all.  Too many things are way off.

• Upvote 8

27 minutes ago, Flyinthesoup said:

Exactly!  I'm afraid I don't believe this person, at all.  Too many things are way off.

Sounds to me like she read here and extrapolated.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

Yeah, this AMA seems like a "lets see how gullible these people really are" thing.  So, she never had new things except bras and socks but her parents pay her rent at college.  Do Christian colleges even have psychology?  

• Upvote 3

I mean, I thought if you were in a movement much like the Duggars, you wouldn't be going to college, even if you were a guy. So that right there doesn't add up. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

Yeah, this AMA seems like a "lets see how gullible these people really are" thing.  So, she never had new things except bras and socks but her parents pay her rent at college.  Do Christian colleges even have psychology?  

Liberty University actually has an *accredited* Social Work degree. (Not sure how that happened, since CSWE--the accrediting organization--is pro LGBT and pro-choice)

Edited by FilleMondaine
weird stuff where italics should have been.
  • Upvote 3

There are many things I like and even prefer about the fundie subreddits, but one of the major issues is that the age range seems to skew strongly toward late teens-early twenties. There’s also not much interest in critical thinking or, well, facts. They kind of just believe anyone who shows up claiming to be an ex-fundie, an expert, or some kind of investigator. ?

• Upvote 6

21 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Sounds to me like she read here and extrapolated.

Specifically this thread , I would imagine .  

I remember what she claimed about her father's business .  Not that I actually believe that she's a Waller , or am trying to doxx her  , especially since you've admonished us all not to speculate on this poster's identity . 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Marmion said:

I remember what she claimed about her father's business .  Not that I actually believe that she's a Waller , or am trying to doxx her  , especially since you've admonished us all not to speculate on this poster's identity . 

So you've been admonished but do it anyway?

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/2/2020 at 8:37 PM, nelliebelle1197 said:

She claims that Jinger is the closest to her in age but if Jinger is two years older than she is, then she is actually just as close in age to Joy. Jinger is currently 26, Joy is 22. It isn't complicated math.

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

On 1/3/2020 at 8:43 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

So you've been admonished but do it anyway?

Huh , what are you getting at ? I haven't the faintest clue whom the AMA poster is , and do not care to even guess .