Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
nelliebelle1197

Gwen Shamblin Lara 11: Cloudy with A Chance of the Holy Spirit

Recommended Posts

Wine time!
RFSurvivor_2
40 minutes ago, Blue said:

Am I the only one who reads her "GOD" (especially when it's in all caps) in her long, drawn out way? 

“Gawwwuuuid”

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue
On 12/22/2019 at 6:47 PM, RFsurvivor said:

Which gestures? If they were around in my time I can try to explain

It's hard to explain, because it's not like an RF Sign Language... but things like where they all put their hands together (but not down like you would for a team "all in" thing)... it's not necessarily WHAT they're doing, but the fact that they all knew exactly what to do and when to do it makes me think it was trained or coached or has some special meaning. Sometimes it's the way they all hold their hands EXACTLY the same way - but maybe that's almost like peer pressure? Gwen does it so everyone does? I don't know - a lot of times the motions just look staged or taught, know what I mean? So I wonder when/where/why it was taught because I don't imagine they put "Hand motion lessons" on the church calendar, haha!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue

So in the spirit of Christmas Eve - can former members share how RF handles/addresses/celebrates Christmas?

We've heard varying things from our friends and family throughout the years... everything from "We don't celebrate Christmas because it's a pagan holiday" to "Well we celebrate the birth of Jesus but not Christmas and we do it the right way with full focus on Christ" (whatever the heck that means).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ManyGoats
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

So in the spirit of Christmas Eve - can former members share how RF handles/addresses/celebrates Christmas?

We've heard varying things from our friends and family throughout the years... everything from "We don't celebrate Christmas because it's a pagan holiday" to "Well we celebrate the birth of Jesus but not Christmas and we do it the right way with full focus on Christ" (whatever the heck that means).

They would be hard-pressed to claim they don't celebrate. "Life with Gwen and Joe" has two recent videos about what they do at Christmas.

 

They had a youth Christmas party on December 7.

https://www.remnantfellowshipnews.com/event/youth-christmas-party/

In 2017 they had a youth Christmas concert.

 

Okay, I've belabored my point. I'll stop now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RFsurvivor
5 hours ago, Blue said:

So in the spirit of Christmas Eve - can former members share how RF handles/addresses/celebrates Christmas?

We've heard varying things from our friends and family throughout the years... everything from "We don't celebrate Christmas because it's a pagan holiday" to "Well we celebrate the birth of Jesus but not Christmas and we do it the right way with full focus on Christ" (whatever the heck that means).

Like @ManyGoats pointed out, there are lots of events relating to Christmas. When I was a member, we definitely celebrated Christmas, but there was a lot more effort/focus on “Festival of Lights”. Similar to Easter, Gwen decided to combine a few different things together, the Jewish tradition with Gwen’s interpretation and the more traditional Christian holiday of Christmas. There was even a Christmas Album released once...that I unfortunately sang on. The actual day of Christmas (Or closest normal service day) there generally a low key gathering at the church since many members would travel for the holiday. Did I miss anything @RFSurvivor_2??

  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace

Merry Christmas from Gwen who lives with riches and reminds us that the early Christians were told to sell their possessions and give to the needy. Also featured, this odd tidbit: 

If you look at your food you will become a fridge. Because that's what fridges do, look at food all day. 

 

Spoiler

— Main Menu —HOME ABOUT BOOKS- Receive Excerpts - See Full Collection TV- Remnant Fellowship TV - Weigh Down TV MEDIA DEVOTIONAL CONTACT 

Come…Let Us Worship Him!

December 25, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

“We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him.” Matthew 2:2b

Whom, or what, have you come to worship on this day? Do you adore the praise of family members or other people? Then you have missed the mark. Do you behold the food that is before you? Then you will become like a refrigerator. Do you adore material possessions and money? Then you will be greedy and alone. But…do you behold and adore Christ? Then you will be FULFILLED. You will become like Christ at heart, serving and worshiping the Father. Just as the men in Matthew 2 saw His star in the east and traveled a distance to worship Him, we should look for His signs, seek to be near Him, and worship Him above all things. Psalm 34:5 tells us, “Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.” So come…let us worship Him!

The early Christians understood how wonderful the grace of God was that He allowed all who repented and turned toward Him, believing in Him as the one true God and Jesus as the Son of God, to become children of God – even the Gentiles. These Christians were so appropriately humbled that they met together daily to encourage one another. Do the same today – devote your heart to Christ and God, not the food, people, or things around you. Encourage one another. Enjoy your fellowship with glad and sincere hearts and radiant faces, filled with praise and true worship!

They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved
Acts 2:42-27

(Excerpt from Exodus Devotional: Laying Down Your Idols, by Gwen Shamblin Lara)

Social Share

No Comment

Aldith Lerene Diaz December 17, 2016 at 5:18 pm Reply

Praising God for life and a fulfilling purpose !
Godliness is all I desire.

 

This looks like a recycled devotional as there's a comment dated in 2016.

Edited by AmazonGrace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
RFSurvivor_2
2 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

Like @ManyGoats pointed out, there are lots of events relating to Christmas. When I was a member, we definitely celebrated Christmas, but there was a lot more effort/focus on “Festival of Lights”. Similar to Easter, Gwen decided to combine a few different things together, the Jewish tradition with Gwen’s interpretation and the more traditional Christian holiday of Christmas. There was even a Christmas Album released once...that I unfortunately sang on. The actual day of Christmas (Or closest normal service day) there generally a low key gathering at the church since many members would travel for the holiday. Did I miss anything @RFSurvivor_2??

This is spot on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meh
formergothardite

A special Christmas video from Gwen and Joe. Less twirls in the opening song but they added the weird triangle thing they did. 

~Gwen and Joe are matching, of course.

~The cat is back!!!. They for real don't even pay the cat any attention despite it rubbing on their legs. What sort of people are they?!

~Lots of clips of Gwen and Joe in their matching outfits. 

~One thing I notice is in these clips is that Gwen is almost always sitting on a pillow. Even in chairs that have cushions she has a pillow. The only time I can see that she doesn't have a pillow is when they are on stools and she leans against it not really sitting.

~They are basically droning on about how they had such a good year and blah, blah, blah. 

~Gwen says she is getting to know us(I bet she does read here frantically) and we are getting to know her and her family . You know, that is true. These highly edited shows have actually revealed a great deal about Gwen and her family. And most of it isn't nice. 

~Showing the clip of them breaking the law and putting children in danger by driving them around in ATVs with no helmets. 

~Fun with Gwen and Joe. This isn't fun at all. Gwen fake laughs non stop. Joe says "What do you call a cow with no legs. Gwen doesn't know. It is ground beef. Gwen said that is hilarious it is funny. Oh, Gwen, you are just trying too hard.  

~ They show that awful clip of Joe chasing her up the stairs like a dog. 

~Another clip where Gwen says "Saturday night we will be shaking a leg." Joe says "Why do we have to wait till Saturday?" Gwen says "We can dance right now." The more they do this the more obvious it is that they don't really have sex. 

~Very staged clip of Gwen sitting, Joe crawling and sneaking up on her. She squeals and scampers about. Joe tries to put his face up her dress. She takes off her jacket and waves it while he paws the ground like a bull. Joe grabs her and prances around almost stepping on that poor cat. Gwen's hair is flopping around like crazy. 

~Gwen invited the grandkids to a Christmas party and her gift was letting them shop in her closet. She has no idea how that sounds, does she? 

~Now they show the "surprise" video the kids made for Gwen. They show the kids looking at her closet and the poor red headed Victorian boy is just there fiddling with stuff because I guess this gift sucks especially for him. This video really shows how much excess Gwen lives in. Her closet is like a bedroom. And she dares to lecture people about gluttony when she is the queen of too much. 

~Gwen's grandkids are just the best most spiritual children ever. Sure Gwen. 

~Joe is talking so, so, so slowly. 

~Gwen's camera crew has tshirts that say Gwen and Joe. Wow, isn't that just something. 

Outtakes

~Gwen and Joe sit awkwardly next to each other while the crew gets stuff ready. 

~The cat comes in and Joe actually mentions it. 

~I wonder if they film these back to back because Joe starts saying Happy New year and Gwen says that is the next show. It is merry Christmas. And Joe said he will say it again in another episode.  

These are actual outtakes Gwen, good job. 

Merry Christmas to my FJ friends who celebrate it. I hope you had more than diet coke and alcohol like Gwen will be having. 

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ManyGoats
1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

A special Christmas video from Gwen and Joe. Less twirls in the opening song but they added the weird triangle thing they did. 

~Gwen and Joe are matching, of course.

~The cat is back!!!. They for real don't even pay the cat any attention despite it rubbing on their legs. What sort of people are they?!

~Lots of clips of Gwen and Joe in their matching outfits. 

~One thing I notice is in these clips is that Gwen is almost always sitting on a pillow. Even in chairs that have cushions she has a pillow. The only time I can see that she doesn't have a pillow is when they are on stools and she leans against it not really sitting.

~They are basically droning on about how they had such a good year and blah, blah, blah. 

~Gwen says she is getting to know us(I bet she does read here frantically) and we are getting to know her and her family . You know, that is true. These highly edited shows have actually revealed a great deal about Gwen and her family. And most of it isn't nice. 

~Showing the clip of them breaking the law and putting children in danger by driving them around in ATVs with no helmets. 

~Fun with Gwen and Joe. This isn't fun at all. Gwen fake laughs non stop. Joe says "What do you call a cow with no legs. Gwen doesn't know. It is ground beef. Gwen said that is hilarious it is funny. Oh, Gwen, you are just trying too hard.  

~ They show that awful clip of Joe chasing her up the stairs like a dog. 

~Another clip where Gwen says "Saturday night we will be shaking a leg." Joe says "Why do we have to wait till Saturday?" Gwen says "We can dance right now." The more they do this the more obvious it is that they don't really have sex. 

~Very staged clip of Gwen sitting, Joe crawling and sneaking up on her. She squeals and scampers about. Joe tries to put his face up her dress. She takes off her jacket and waves it while he paws the ground like a bull. Joe grabs her and prances around almost stepping on that poor cat. Gwen's hair is flopping around like crazy. 

~Gwen invited the grandkids to a Christmas party and her gift was letting them shop in her closet. She has no idea how that sounds, does she? 

~Now they show the "surprise" video the kids made for Gwen. They show the kids looking at her closet and the poor red headed Victorian boy is just there fiddling with stuff because I guess this gift sucks especially for him. This video really shows how much excess Gwen lives in. Her closet is like a bedroom. And she dares to lecture people about gluttony when she is the queen of too much. 

~Gwen's grandkids are just the best most spiritual children ever. Sure Gwen. 

~Joe is talking so, so, so slowly. 

~Gwen's camera crew has tshirts that say Gwen and Joe. Wow, isn't that just something. 

Outtakes

~Gwen and Joe sit awkwardly next to each other while the crew gets stuff ready. 

~The cat comes in and Joe actually mentions it. 

~I wonder if they film these back to back because Joe starts saying Happy New year and Gwen says that is the next show. It is merry Christmas. And Joe said he will say it again in another episode.  

These are actual outtakes Gwen, good job. 

Merry Christmas to my FJ friends who celebrate it. I hope you had more than diet coke and alcohol like Gwen will be having. 

  Hide contents

 

 

Are you as sick of that opening song as I am?

(Those kids ARE really cute, though.)

Edited by ManyGoats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatar-tot

Gwen is just trying way to hard to portray this marriage as perfect.  
 

Gwen comes across as someone over the hill pretending they are 30.  What a mess!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
closetcagebaby

Got bored after Christmas dinner and made under Gwen again. It’s hard because the only photos I can find are so blown out so you can’t see her nose. 

0F6342BA-F48B-45B6-9944-2BF6FB41638F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
throwaway9988

I love watching Gwen and Joe absolutely debase themselves each week in order to keep making propaganda for Remnant Fellowship.  Neither of them has any dignity.  David Shamblin really made out like a bandit during this divorce—he got half the money, and he never had to participate in any embarrassing videos.  Sorry Joe--no refunds or returns!

l9pGrHc.png

Edited by throwaway9988

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xan
5 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

Gwen is just trying way to hard to portray this marriage as perfect.  
 

Gwen comes across as someone over the hill pretending they are 30.  What a mess!  

Gwen's 64 now, I think.  Joe's about 7 years younger.

So, she's in her sixties, wears clothing made for twenty-somethings, has the hair of an abbreviated Cousin Itt, and looks like she suffers from anorexia.  And she and her failed-actor husband try to pretend that they are genuinely in love by fake bull fighting and dancing around their house in front of cameras.

I can understand why she's addicted to the power and money.  What I can't understand is how anyone would fall for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace

Today we talk about relationships. Relationships. Relationships. Did I mention relationships? The point is, if you're not perfectly submissive nobody will love you.  Gwen won't, anyway. Merry Christmas! 

Spoiler

 

Building True Relationships

December 26, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

Comments are off

He who loves a pure heart and whose speech is gracious will have the king for his friend.
Proverbs 22:11

This Christmas, did you give gifts to people you are close to? How did you build those relationships? Just giving a gift at Christmas does not do it. The true gift of heartfelt LOVE is what builds relationships, and to offer this to others, you must start with a relationship with God FIRST! How many relationships have you run through in your life? This is telling. If people are not really close to you, well, guess what…there is usually a reason. Are you always domineering, going your own way? Quite frankly, it is impossible to have a relationship with someone like that. Humility builds relationships; stubbornness blocks them. Do you want people to care for you? Then follow the lead, go with the Spirit. Do not dominate conversation or the direction of your time together. Have a quiet listening spirit, and you will really get to know others. And above all, make sure you have this quiet, humble, serving spirit with God FIRST! Build your relationship with God by finding out – and doing – what He truly wants you to do, not just what you think He might want! Examine THIS relationship first and foremost, and the rest will follow!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
6 hours ago, Xan said:

Gwen's 64 now, I think.  Joe's about 7 years younger.

So, she's in her sixties, wears clothing made for twenty-somethings, has the hair of an abbreviated Cousin Itt, and looks like she suffers from anorexia.  And she and her failed-actor husband try to pretend that they are genuinely in love by fake bull fighting and dancing around their house in front of cameras.

I can understand why she's addicted to the power and money.  What I can't understand is how anyone would fall for it.

She’s the same age as my mom. Which is always crazy to think about. My mom hardly ever wears makeup and has hair a quarter the height of Gwen’s. Although back in the 80s, my mom’s hair was rather big. But her hair has evolved with the times. And my mom wouldn’t be caught dead in the super high heeled shoes Gwen wears. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thoughtful
7 hours ago, Xan said:

the hair of an abbreviated Cousin Itt,

This is perfection. :bow-yellow:

Quote

Do not dominate conversation or the direction of your time together. Have a quiet listening spirit, and you will really get to know others

:laughing-rofl: Ah, Gwen - self-awareness is really not your strong suit, is it?

  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
RFSurvivor_2
2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Have a quiet listening spirit, and you will really get to know others. And above all, make sure you have this quiet, humble, serving spirit with God FIRST! Build your relationship with God by finding out – and doing – what He truly wants you to do, not just what you think He might want! Examine THIS relationship first and foremost, and the rest will follow!

HA!

This statement is coming from one of the loudest, fake-humble, attention-seeking creatures on this planet. The fact that she and her ilk adjust(s/ed) their image based on a snark thread full of strangers completely contradicts this statement. Her golden pedestal is higher than the state of Colorado on 4/20.
 

Go back to the drawing board Gwen.

Edited by RFSurvivor_2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NarcissismKills
50 minutes ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

HA!

This statement is coming from one of the loudest, fake-humble, attention-seeking creatures on this planet. The fact that she and her ilk adjust(s/ed) their image based on a snark thread full of strangers completely contradicts this statement. Her golden pedestal is higher than the state of Colorado on 4/20.
 

Go back to the drawing board Gwen.

You are so very right. It makes me so sad that you aren't exagerating, not even a little bit. Gwen Shamblin and Joe Lara really are way up there on the fake-humble scale. Such a terrible influence for children. I guess Liliane Lara, Joe's daughter, can be grateful that she's not being forced to be in these videos, at least not this year. I hope his custody of her is as close to zero percent as Williamson County's problematic juvenile court judges will allow.

It was interesting that this latest video didn't feature Michael, Erin, Elizabeth, nor Brandon Hannah. Joe is steadily supplanting them in every way. Maybe he's actually going to succeed in getting his hands on Gwen's portion of their inheritance. Shallow as they all seem to be, it would financially behoove the family members to maintain excellent relationships with David Shamblin who did extremely well in his divorce settlement with Gwen. If someone wrote this family's story up as a novel, readers would complain that it was too unrealistic. But then, truth really is stranger than fiction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RFIntrigued
2 hours ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

HA!

This statement is coming from one of the loudest, fake-humble, attention-seeking creatures on this planet. The fact that she and her ilk adjust(s/ed) their image based on a snark thread full of strangers completely contradicts this statement. Her golden pedestal is higher than the state of Colorado on 4/20.
 

Go back to the drawing board Gwen.

Not disagreeing with you, but what are some image changes they made based on our thread? I missed the changes. They all still look the same to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
Blessings of the Corn
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:23 AM, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Not a good look in my opinion.  But I'm sure he gets nothing but compliments from the women surrounding him.

image.png.f24b1b66b69b39a0424fccf26c5cc423.png

 

For normal events, Remnant members work hard to dress to the nines.  (After all, material outward beauty is much of what Gwen is about.  Nevermind all the ugly on the inside, as they either ignore or are ignorant of her very black heart.)

A Christmas party, all the more.  So all are meticulously dressed up.  But it looks like Michael just said screw it and grabbed a pair of pants lying on the floor that are about 4 inches too long.  That had to bug his mom.

image.thumb.png.af8d3f0926a8a624d2844ca5b0b11a61.png

And again, I have to wonder how much Michael would be sticking around if not for the paycheck he receives.  

 

Ugh, I went to University with one of these people. This is SO strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperNova
21 hours ago, formergothardite said:

~Gwen invited the grandkids to a Christmas party and her gift was letting them shop in her closet. She has no idea how that sounds, does she?

This is disturbing. It's weird that something in her closet would be to a young girl's taste, much less fit. I find it to be an incredibly lazy and condescending gift as well. There's exactly zero effort involved in opening the closet to give away cast off clothing. All Gwen really did was save herself a trip to Goodwill, or rather the RF equivalent because God forbid she give something to people who are actually less fortunate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Hair, Black Dress
6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

How many relationships have you run through in your life? This is telling.

Well Gwen, since you brought it up ... we all know you ran through your first marriage.  There a a number of people you started RF with who are no longer there and who no one has relationships with now.  There are the Weigh Down employees you've run through. There are a number of RF Royalty who've run through Marriage #1 and are on their second marriages.

So is this telling about what kind of people you and they are? Or is it A-OK peachy keen for you all, but not for the rest of us?  After all you do refer to yourselves as "saints" and say you've laid down all sins and strongholds (pride, self-focus, selfishness, lust, etc, etc, etc).

I guess it's that you all are perfect and we're not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meh
formergothardite
2 hours ago, RFIntrigued said:

Not disagreeing with you, but what are some image changes they made based on our thread? I missed the changes. They all still look the same to me. 

One thing Gwen did is totally change her devotionals. It went from her being non-stop The Growl and saying you should spend your whole day searching for hunger, to, especially for awhile, dropping all mentions of The Growl and hunger. She has been adding it back in but it is nothing like it used to be. They also removed pictures based on discussions here. They edited a live chat to later take out things that we pointed out made Gwen look bad, like how she admitted to drinking too much. She removed her "What I eat in a day" video after we discussed it. And when members had pictures and videos up that revealed things she didn't like discussed they were quickly taken down when we discussed them. 

It is very obvious they do monitor this thread and Gwen edits how she presents herself based on what is said here. Her devotionals have still not gone back to how they were in the beginning, all about worshiping hunger and how it is perfectly fine to only eat tiny bits every 36 hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmazonGrace

What do you suppose this means?

Quote

Build your relationship with God by finding out – and doing – what He truly wants you to do, not just what you think He might want!

How the heck do you find out what God wants in a way that is not based on what you think he wants?

you can read the Bible - but any interpretation you come into is just what you think it means. You can ask Gwen or another authority figure - but it's just whom you think God wants you to listen to saying what they think he wants.  You can pray, but any answers you get are based on you thinking God meant something he may or may not have meant.

Edited by AmazonGrace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meh
formergothardite
5 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

ow the heck do you find out what God wants in a way that is not based on what you think he wants?

Well obviously you ask Gwen! She is practically God!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.