IGNORED

UK elections

laPapessaGiovanna

Exit polls are chilling. Wtf UK?IMG_20191212_231438.thumb.jpg.5ae2f66d802e27280e43ba9dadf2e213.jpg

Edited by samurai_sarah
  • WTF 3

I was just seeing that notification and going wtf. Not going to lie, this is not the result I expected.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

Bye, Britain. It was nice knowing you.

• Upvote 4

The exit polls are not always correct, I hope they are very wrong tonight if not, I am leaving the UK as soon a I graduate university. Boris is the worst PM in my lifetime so far, he will do more damage than Thatcher done in the 80s. He hid in a freezer the other day to avoid an interview on TV, ok it was Piers Morgan but as PM he should be showing up and answering questions and he has avoided most of the debates while every other party leader has shown up and answered tough questions. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I was just seeing that notification and going wtf. Not going to lie, this is not the result I expected.

Same. If results are confirmed well...it was nice to have you around UK, but our ways just parted and I have an inkling that it's better for us. I mean, how can anyone vote cray Cray Johnson? I honestly thought he was in for a sound defeat, I can't capacitate myself. I just hope that exit polls are dead wrong.

• Upvote 3

The exit polls are based on what people say they voted in a third of constuencies and people often refuse to tell them how they voted and they also said Britain voted remain in 2016. They can and have been wrong. 

• Upvote 3

So far Conservative's have 8 seats, Labour 15 and SNP have 1 seat, my constuency. Just hope Labour, Lib Dems, SNP and Plaid Cymru take seats off Conservative's they haven't managed to so far. 

• Thank You 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Same. If results are confirmed well...it was nice to have you around UK, but our ways just parted and I have an inkling that it's better for us. I mean, how can anyone vote cray Cray Johnson? I honestly thought he was in for a sound defeat, I can't capacitate myself. I just hope that exit polls are dead wrong.

He went around doing adorable stuff and it was all put on YT yesterday. They knew how to sell it. 

Titles: BJ

"Gets Festive and Pulls Crackers"

"Surprises Family By Delivering Their Milk"

"Smashes Through Wall Symbolizing Brexit" 

"Recreates Love Actually"

"Says He Could Abolish TV License Fees" 

• Upvote 1

I don't know how the UK could survive another 5 years of Tory rule, I just don't. 

I also don't understand how it's possible. I voted tactically. I deeply disagree with a lot of what Labour has become but I held my nose and voted for them anyway because it was the right thing for me to do and almost everyone I know did the same. 

Is anyone else constantly refreshing the results and feeling that panic and desperation creep in?

I slept so soundly after casting my Remain vote in the br*xit polls (because I genuinely thought that we were safe) and woke up to a shitstorm that has never quite died down, but now I don't think I'll ever sleep well on an election night again.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

I like Jeremy Corbyn but he didn't do enough to win over the new Labour crowd in the party or those centre voters and Sadly that was his downfall. I think they need a new leader that can have appeal to both fractions. Corbyn also isn't popular with the media and that cost him too. He suffered the same fate as Michael Foot and Neil Kinnock, once John Smith and Tony Blair became the leader they were able to take over and the Conservative's under John Major were starting to in fight and were lucky to hold on till the 97 election. Boris will make enemies within the party and huge blunders before the 5 years are up. 

• Upvote 2

Well Jeremy Corbyn has said that he won’t lead the Labour Party at the next election. Whenever that is. 
My constituency was apparently meant to be too close to call, according to the forecast, but nope it’s stayed Tory. My MP was one of those ones who had the whip removed in September/was made independent, but then had the whip restored.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

Corbyn has announced he wont be leader at next election and Liberal Democrat leader Jo Swinson has lost her seat to the SNP candidate, I can't say I'm upset about her losing her seat, she voted in favour of most of the Conservative's reforms while in Coalition, including the top fees for student's in England and Wales, while she didn't have to pay fees for her education in Scotland and the benefits cuts and bedroom tax. 

1 minute ago, mango_fandango said:

Well Jeremy Corbyn has said that he won’t lead the Labour Party at the next election. Whenever that is. 
My constituency was apparently meant to be too close to call, according to the forecast, but nope it’s stayed Tory. My MP was one of those ones who had the whip removed in September/was made independent, but then had the whip restored.

Mine Changed from Labour to SNP, voted Labour but usually SNP supporter so don't care as long as it isn't blue. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Honestly, wtaf is wrong with large parts of the anglophone sphere at the moment?!? Between Australia, the USA and the UK... does Murdoch not have a monopoly in Canada and NZ or what makes them less batshit than our electorates?

• Upvote 7

Fuck fuck fuck fuck! You know what? Putin owns UK as well. What will his next purchase be? Italy?  Putin is on hell of a way to expand Russia to a global empire.
I'm scared for America. But now I'm even more scared for the continent I call home.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

This election was bazaar in so many ways; I was expecting a Conservative majority because so many people are completely fed up of the can kicking wrt Brexit, but not on this scale.  Corbyn has been toxic, when you have someone like Alan Johnson making it clear that the working class wouldn't trust Corbyn to lead them out of a paper bag there's an issue!

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Honestly, wtaf is wrong with large parts of the anglophone sphere at the moment?!? Between Australia, the USA and the UK... does Murdoch not have a monopoly in Canada and NZ or what makes them less batshit than our electorates?

Given how close the Canadian election was, I wouldn’t be surprised if they eventually go in the same direction. I don’t know what keeps New Zealanders sane.

Democracy was a good idea, but combined with capitalism and the Murdoch family, it no longer works. Pity there’s nothing suitable to replace it with.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Smash! said:

What will his next purchase be? Italy?

I hope not. But not because I think my countrymen wouldn't be stupid enough in the electoral box, because we would. I put my hopes in our legendary unruliness.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Smee said:

Democracy was a good idea, but combined with capitalism and the Murdoch family, it no longer works. Pity there’s nothing suitable to replace it with.

Maybe this would be a good start for a topic to discuss exactly this? Democracy is still a very good idea but in my opinion globalism and probably more so the digital revolution was its downfall. We need to adjust and develop the term of democracy and how countries work.

• Upvote 2

I have never been this furious over an election result ever, was disappointed when the Scottish Independence vote didn't go the way I wanted it to and was angry after Brexit vote but this is on a whole other level. I wasn't fussed about another Independence Referendum in the next few years but now I see it as the best way forward, Scotland didn't want Brexit and the don't want Boris, they only took a few seats in Scotland last night and now we face a disasterous Brexit with Boris as PM, this may sway people this time round. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

This is truly horrible. I want to leave. How can people be so truly stupid? They might as well shoot an arrow through their brain, it wouldn't make that much of a difference at this point. How can people be so stupid? Are they undereducated? What's wrong with them? They should be studied or locked up . 

Boris can suck my dick. 

Here's hoping I can convince SO to come back to Denmark. Or even just Scotland. 

• Upvote 4