IGNORED

Greta Thunberg is Time’s 2019 person of the year

47of74

Some good news this morning

Greta Thunberg, the soft-spoken Swedish teenager who became a global conscience for climate change and environmental activism, has been named Time’s Magazine’s Person of the Year for 2019.

The magazine announced 16-year old Thunberg as its choice Wednesday exclusively on "TODAY."

"She became the biggest voice on the biggest issue facing the planet this year, coming from essentially nowhere to lead a worldwide movement," Time editor-in-chief Edward Felsenthal told "TODAY," adding that Thunberg is the magazine's youngest choice ever to be named Person of the Year.

Getting the popcorn ready for the reactions from fornicate face and his groupies over this. 
popcorn2.jpg.51815e29b3418491aee6699dc38e973b.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 4

Of course Junior had his fee fees hurt over this

President Donald Trump’s eldest son was not happy with Time magazine for selecting teen climate activist Greta Thunberg as 2019 Person of the Year.

Donald Trump Jr. denounced the choice of the 16-year-old as a “marketing gimmick” that failed to honor “the Hong Kong Protesters fighting for their lives and freedoms.”

And of course all of fuck face's enablers are also pissed off too.

Many conservative organizations joined Trump Jr. in criticizing the choice of Thunberg over the protesters. The Federalist argued that Thunberg wasn’t worthy because she “sticks to challenges with less risk, like speaking to groups of people who entirely agree with her.” Townhall wished Time “would have rethought their decision.” The Daily Wire wrote that “leftists have been celebrating the news, seemingly unbothered by the fact she won over the Hong Kong Protesters.”

• Upvote 4

Whistleblower was my choice but I'm not disappointed Greta was selected.  Anytime someone named Trump or Kushner gets butt hurt an angel gets its wings.

For Smudge the cat fans

FB_IMG_1576085518893.jpg

• Upvote 9
  • Love 5

I’m surprised they didn’t use the “she’s being used by the Radical Left™️“ line liked they did for the Parkland survivors(who “instead of protesting, should’ve been in class learning about the Second Amendment”).

• Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I’m surprised they didn’t use the “she’s being used by the Radical Left™️“ line liked they did for the Parkland survivors(who “instead of protesting, should’ve been in class learning about the Second Amendment”).

Give 'em time.  That will no doubt be coming soon.

I see fuck face himself has weighed in now.

President Donald Trump says it’s “ridiculous” that Time named 16-year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg as its Person of the Year.

In a Thursday tweet, the president says “Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend!”

He adds: “Chill Greta, Chill!”

Fuck you Donald.  She entirely deserves to be Person of the Year. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I'd like to know how dRumpf, jr could have wanted the Hong Kong protestors to have been Person of the Year when dear old' dad congratulated the Chinese earlier this year for 70 years of Communist rule.

Congratulations, Greta!  The honor is well-deserved.

Edited by PennySycamore
minor riffle
  • Upvote 7

On 12/12/2019 at 9:24 AM, smittykins said:

Well, if the "dark side" of Twitter is any indication, they most certainly are already. :?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

I watched a video of her talking about climate change(hit it by accident), and not only are there only 400 likes against 1600 dislikes, the comments are overwhelmingly negative.  “Graduate from high school and we’ll talk.”  “When are you going to China and India?”  “You’re a pawn of the Deep State.” ?

Edited by smittykins
  • WTF 4

I really, really hate this "Deep State" shit. 

What some people don't understand or maybe don't give a fuck about is that climate change threatens human life on the planet.  Maybe they think Jeebus is coming back before we need to worry about climate change or maybe they're just batshit crazy, but fortunately not everyone is like this.  

Mother Jones has some great articles in the just released issue about tackling climate change.  It calls on us, the collective us which means government action, to declare war on climate change and spend a lot of money in R&D (research and development)  of green technology:  cheaper, more efficient solar and wind, next gen nuclear, and so on.  Yep, nuclear needs to be an option at this point in time.  We need to re-engineer cement, plant millions of trees and encourage people to eat less meat.  Personal sacrifice, while important, is not the most crucial thing, though,  just as it wasn't in WWII.  The most important is and was massive R&D.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

What I think that a lot of people don’t get about Greta is that she’s not just a 16 year old, she’s an autistic 16 year old. So the typical teenage pastimes like, oh, I’ve no idea what those are, going to the mall, maybe, or hanging with her friends, would likely not appeal to her that much. Autistic people (I am autistic) often have more fun doing something than doing nothing. If I’m with my friends I don’t want to sit in silence watching a movie, I want to be engaged in deep discussion about something, or playing a game, or singing. Why would I waste my energy being around people if we are not doing anything? What is the point?

This is why I didn’t have many friends in my teenage years, and why I often meet friends through mutual causes today. Environmental activism has given Greta a purpose to live for. If it’s anything like the typical autistic passion, it gives her great, great joy and energy to be doing this work. I cannot tell you how many hours I spent at her age immersed in the world of the West Wing, or researching that years Topic of Choice, my whole body vibrating with interest, curiosity, a burning desire to know more, do more, learn more.  Greta’s passion happens to get her noticed more because she’s dealing with a life or death issue. And autistic people are usually swayed not by emotions, but by facts, She can’t be budged into being a typical teenager with more typical teenage interests any more than I can be talked into being a theist. Greta knows that she is right and that science is on her side, and she has figured out a way to share that with the world. 

As an autistic person, this personally means a great, great deal to me. I can’t stop thinking that maybe when people think of autism now they’ll think of her and not Rainman, and maybe when people say I don’t seem autistic I can say yeah well what about Greta Thunberg, and how her obsession is changing the world and yeah my Harry Potter phase didn’t do that but this, this, this is what’s possible.......its not going to be all sadness and pain and exclusion it’s going to be better than that. Greta is two decades younger than I am but she shows me what autistic people are capable of doing. That is pretty fantastic.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 13