IGNORED

The Bible Slide

DarkAnts

Bless this dude who suddenly had a "who am I and what the hell am I doing here" moment.

kuva.png.2debd3d93381a5f0ec22b7fe54cf799a.png

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

It’s totally satire. I wish I could upvote that about a hundred times! My daughter and I were trying not to fall out of our seats watching it! ???

She came back in the room just now laughing that her old evangelical friends would totally miss that this is parody, and embrace it as something awesome they could do. (What can I say, we were homeschoolers ?)

Edited by Jasmar
Added second paragraph
  • Upvote 3

Confession: I’m a heinous dancer but if someone approached me to make a satire video like this, I would have jumped at the chance to be a background dancer. This video is gold.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

I think it’s funny but it’s not entirely made just for that purpose. The lyrics show that they know their Bible really well, and I think it is a church group or young minister trying to appeal to the masses and get the word out about Jesus. Their website appears to be dead now and when I search ‘bible slide creators’ all I get is a lot of stuff about how to make a PowerPoint about church. 

Making fun of others isn’t really Christian but making fun of yourself could be used to show that you are cool and up to date. I think that is what they are aiming for here, to show that contemporary Christianity isn’t all about the doom and gloom, it is capable of laughing at itself. That doesn’t mean the creators don’t hold abhorrent beliefs, though. I wish there was more out there about them.

• Upvote 3

Maybe it was serious/funny, but it feels to me more like something a former Bob Jones or Pensacola student would do after leaving fundamentalism, based on my own fundigelical background. But I can see your point too. I wish there were a way to find out!

• Upvote 1

OMG, People, the Bible Slide has turned into an EAR WORM!  I'm singing it to myself at the kitchen sink and doing fist pumps.  SEND THE RESCUE FERRETS!  I think I'm a SOUL HOSTAGE FOR JESUS! 

• Haha 3