IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 16: Just Another Young Fundie Couple

samurai_sarah

44 minutes ago, moreorlessnu said:

Really off topic, but if you watch the sales at Walgreens and especially at CVS, you can get name brand detergent like Gain, Tide, and All extremely inexpensively. Google "Savvy Coupon Shopper" and watch her videos. Each week, she shows how to get the best deals at CVS and Walgreens. Often CVS will provide you with the necessary manufacturer coupons in the CVS app. 

Plus CVS periodically sends out 30-40% off one item coupons if you shop there regularly. You have to link your CVS extra care card to your email, but it’s worth it for the savings! And they almost always have some products on sale for buy one get one 50% off, or other deals. I started shopping more at CVS when they announced they were going to stop carrying tobacco products (to stay true to their mission as a “health” store), and I’ve become a huge fan! 

Edited by Ms. Brightside
  • Upvote 7

14 minutes ago, Ms. Brightside said:

Plus CVS periodically sends out 30-40% off one item coupons if you shop there regularly. You have to link your CVS extra care card to your email, but it’s worth it for the savings! And they almost always have some products on sale for buy one get one 50% off, or other deals. I started shopping more at CVS when they announced they were going to stop carrying tobacco products (to stay true to their mission as a “health” store), and I’ve become a huge fan! 

CVS is my favorite! I 'extreme' coupon there every week and saved over $10,00 just last year on products. I love when they have laundry deals because I like to keep a good stock of Tide and Persil in my house.

• Upvote 5

Borax is banned in the UK and EU, due to its toxicity. I was always surprised to see it in homemade laundry soap recipes in the US! 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Borax is banned in the UK and EU, due to its toxicity. I was always surprised to see it in homemade laundry soap recipes in the US! 

Really?  Wow.  I know kids were getting burns on their hands while using borax to make homemade slime.

• Sad 4

8 hours ago, JoyfulSel said:

CVS is my favorite! I 'extreme' coupon there every week and saved over $10,00 just last year on products. I love when they have laundry deals because I like to keep a good stock of Tide and Persil in my house.

Yes, you can get shampoo/conditioner & razors extremely inexpensively, and toothpaste for free. After I realized I had over a year's supply of toothpaste in my stockpile, I stopped doing any of the toothpaste deals (and I am loyal to one particular brand) until I whittle down my toothpaste supply. 

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, bal maiden said:

I didn't know about this; thank you for the info. When I first read about homemade detergent before making it, I thought I read that commercial detergents also contained it. Now I have a new 'research' topic.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

Ever try cleaning glass things with just water? Wipe it with a damp cloth, then buff it with a dry cloth. Works wonderfully (unless there's greasy dirt) and no chemicals.

That’s what I do. Hot water and maybe a drop of liquid soap. I started doing it after those glasses cleaner wipes started to affect the surface of my glasses.

• Upvote 2

Wasn’t sure where to post this but Josiahs ex’s sister got engaged. Here is a picture of her kissing her fiancé. I think it’s wonderful that Marjorie didn’t marry Josiah. A9FC1A7B-DF90-4B56-9E4F-949512C3A92C.thumb.jpeg.17d956f6e8f1fe0727aa6d47417bc6fd.jpeg

• Upvote 19
  • Love 4

If you would have said it is Marjorie in the picture I would have taken it. They look very much alike.

I wonder if the Duggars look at this picture and are happy they did not get connected to this family.

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

If you would have said it is Marjorie in the picture I would have taken it. They look very much alike.

I wonder if the Duggars look at this picture and are happy they did not get connected to this family.

They look very similar. Marjories sister is younger than her and goes to (or graduated from) ORU. 
I’m sure the Duggar’s are glad they didn’t end up together. Marjorie wears shorts, pants, has written three books. 

• Upvote 5

On 1/6/2020 at 6:24 AM, moreorlessnu said:

Yes, you can get shampoo/conditioner & razors extremely inexpensively, and toothpaste for free. After I realized I had over a year's supply of toothpaste in my stockpile, I stopped doing any of the toothpaste deals (and I am loyal to one particular brand) until I whittle down my toothpaste supply. 

Yes!  I get my prescriptions thru my local CVS, and I find the couponing & store credit very satisfying. Probably everything I buy at CVS works out to about 30% off, at least.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Yeah, just look at that fucking hussy, with her kissing and her painted nails and her trousers! What a slag! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 15
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I don’t know much about Jeremy’s siblings, but I 100% doubt they adhere to Duggar modesty/courting/engagement standards. Ben’s sister Jessica doesn’t adhere to those standards either. Interesting though that all of the Duggar DILs so far have come from pretty rigid fundie families.

• Upvote 9

37 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I don’t know much about Jeremy’s siblings, but I 100% doubt they adhere to Duggar modesty/courting/engagement standards. Ben’s sister Jessica doesn’t adhere to those standards either. Interesting though that all of the Duggar DILs so far have come from pretty rigid fundie families.

I would guess because it’s a lot harder to talk a girl that’s been raised more freethinking into joining that cult than a boy. 

• Upvote 13
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

just had a look at Marjorie's insta and she is looking fantastic. Horrible beliefs still, I'm sure, but I'm really really pleased for her that she is not a Duggar. It looks like she's had a chance to really live a little.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

57 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

just had a look at Marjorie's insta and she is looking fantastic. Horrible beliefs still, I'm sure, but I'm really really pleased for her that she is not a Duggar. It looks like she's had a chance to really live a little.

I'm not gonna lie I really get a kick out of how our standard at this point is "at least she's not a duggar". It makes me think of that line in Paradise PD where the one cop meets her messed up family and she literally says "Well my family might be a little messed up but at least I'm not a duggar!"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

52 minutes ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

I'm not gonna lie I really get a kick out of how our standard at this point is "at least she's not a duggar". It makes me think of that line in Paradise PD where the one cop meets her messed up family and she literally says "Well my family might be a little messed up but at least I'm not a duggar!"

can we have a new acronym? ALSNAD?

I know, it's so basic. But they're so shit. And to be fair, I was actually going to amend and say that actually it's good she's still a Jackson: in that world she wouldn't be gallivanting around east coast cities with shiny bouncy hair and tight high-waisted pants, whoever she'd married at 20. She'd be at home with the babies doing blow-dry tutorials.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AprilQuilt said:

can we have a new acronym? ALSNAD?

I know, it's so basic. But they're so shit. And to be fair, I was actually going to amend and say that actually it's good she's still a Jackson: in that world she wouldn't be gallivanting around east coast cities with shiny bouncy hair and tight high-waisted pants, whoever she'd married at 20. She'd be at home with the babies doing blow-dry tutorials.

And ALSNAB for Ashley who missed out on Nathan Bates....

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

And ALSNAB for Ashley who missed out on Nathan Bates....

I think you meant to say "narrowly escaped Nathan Bates"

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, LacyMay said:

I think you meant to say "narrowly escaped Nathan Bates"

Ba ha ha yes that is what I meant. You are so right. Dodged a major arse hat bullet with him. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I definitely think there is a huge difference between husbands and wives marrying into the Duggar family.

For the men it is only important who they are, for the women it is important from which family they come and how they were brought up. If they are not brought up by a similar family you don't know if they never touched another man or are raised to be a helpmeet or actually have a mind of their own.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

15 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

Last week she and her newly engaged Marjorie were in DC, happily posing at that Trash Palace, the Trump International Hotel: 

• Disgust 1

it has been AGES since I've posted and because the trump hotel thing has me fired up, allow me a BEC moment... I thought eyebrows were meant to be sisters and not twins? Is that still true? I think Genevieve's are headed for more of a distant cousin thrice plucked removed look. 

as an aside, I often think about how different Marjorie and Lauren are. With the courting announcement with Marjorie, I saw an outgoing and big personality, but one that was inherently kind. With Lauren, I see smaller, quieter, and rather standoffish. 

I'll agree with anyone who says maybe she just isn't liking being in front of the camera... but I also felt quite strongly that Marjorie's personality says 'welcome! let's  be friends!' and Lauren's is more of a 'don't talk to me, I'm above you'. (even if unintentional.)

• Upvote 4

On 1/1/2020 at 5:09 PM, Italiangirl said:

For those interest to see more, Jessa has upload a video of the Christmas morning on her You tube. FWIW even there Lauren look disengage and on a side, but it could just be the moment who knows 

Here the link 

I'm a little late to this but I honestly think that's just Laurens demeanor. Like she just comes off a little cool typically. I think she's just trying to find her place in the chaos. 

I do have to say that they are organized though and I'm a little jealous. We have far less people and our family Christmas is crazy. Kids just ripping into stuff and fighting over toys and all that. 

Also now I'm hungry and  I like Michelles boots!

• Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic