IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 16: Just Another Young Fundie Couple

samurai_sarah

On 12/31/2019 at 6:11 AM, Mama Mia said:

So, let me get this straight, people are saying Lauren is distant/haughty/pouting/sad/stuck-up/drama filled/ because she is

1- Wearing a hat and is somewhat dressier on Christmas than most -not all- of the women around her 

and

2- Has her newborn baby off to the side in a very crowded and happily chaotic room filled with tons of happily loud people, including - unvaccinated kids, one of whom wound up hospitalized from a respiratory infection few days later 

alrighty then 

Also 3) the look on her face.

B067F0CD-C695-4C9E-82A6-212F4494957E.png

• Haha 8

FWIW:  when I moved from Long Island to SoCal, I was overdressed for everything!   In NY, we dress up. A lot.  I was used to this and always had fun choosing mt holiday/church outfit.  Because, it's how it was and time to step up your game.  FF to my 1st SoCal Christmas,  laiiid baaack!  Uggs, shorts, flops, cute Roxie shirts.....  yeah, I stood out and it upset me.  I felt out of place. I was simply doing life as I knew it.  So many things were different ( no church, dress, being on our best behavior for the elders, the food),  I disengaged a bit. As a matter of fact, I walked the short distance to my house from a family party.  2 cousins followed me and understood I was missing home, distraught.  So sweet!  It took me a few years to assimilate.  I visited back home after 2 years here and was so relieved to be back amongst familiar.  So, Lauren may be weird ( I've seen her breathy and just strange to me before) but, I get her on this. For me, it wasn't in-laws, it was my own family!  I hadn't grown up with them. The amount of people was at least similar,  as in, a shit ton! 20-30 +.  Italian family size, but very different.  

O gotta say though, homegirl just looks stand offish.  I never showed it like she did. I was grateful for how I was instantly included. I left that one year ( but came back with my sweet cousins) because I missed home. I didn't make it a thing. I was planning on coming back anyway. Just needed a moment and I lived 2 blocks away from the big party. I got sniffed out. Lol! 

• Upvote 6

She is sitting in probably chaos and noise just trying to tend her infant in peace and keep away the feral packs of Toddlers or She maybe deep in thought or Ill.  Who knows but Just because she has not plastered on a desperate try hard smile like Anna or Bubbly like a Kendra does not mean she is an uptight snot and the like.

• Upvote 24
  • Love 1

For those interest to see more, Jessa has upload a video of the Christmas morning on her You tube. FWIW even there Lauren look disengage and on a side, but it could just be the moment who knows 

Here the link 

Edited by Italiangirl
Adding the link to the video
  • Upvote 2

If I had to be subjected to that many people, that much noise and chaos, I'd be looking for the car keys to get the hell out of there. I hate crowds, noise and chaos. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 24
  • Love 2

38 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

She is sitting in probably chaos and noise just trying to tend her infant in peace and keep away the feral packs of Toddlers or She maybe deep in thought or Ill.  Who knows but Just because she has not plastered on a desperate try hard smile like Anna or Bubbly like a Kendra does not mean she is an uptight snot and the like.

Yup. She owes no one a smile. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 2

(I’m back to enjoying my introvert bubble today and I’m so happy I get a break from all the people the last couple weeks so perhaps I’m feeing more compassion for Lauren than normal) 

I have epic resting bitch face. Lauren wasn’t being filmed (officially) that day. Perhaps she too has RBF and was just off to the side because of the chaos. Perhaps she’d been up most of the night with a baby who’s still adjusting to life in the outside world. It was one day of noise & chaos.

I get that people here aren’t fans of hers and I’m not saying anyone should be, either, but it’s ridiculous the amount of BEC she’s getting from people for not towing the “put on a happy face and be in the middle of the chaos!” the senior Duggars instilled in their children. I feel for her. Marriage to a filming Duggar has probably been more difficult an adjustment than she could’ve ever been prepared for. 

I guess I don’t have a point other than holy shit, there are so many other things to snark on her for than one day of not turning on the smile while she had a newborn in the midst of massive chaos!

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

FWIW, I don’t think she owes anyone a smile. I also have RBF, and would hate such a crowd. 
I was one of the ones who noticed her looking isolated earlier in the pix (and then in the video, too. The hat makes her easy to spot). I would hate that kind of chaos and I’d be concerned about germs and such myself. 
But I still think she looks isolated. She’s never shown with Josiah, except outside. In the video, she’s off to the side with someone, but they’re both on their phones. 
No judgment, just observations. Kendra is up in the mix (and maybe took Garrett to visit his sick uncle?? She may have a very different perception of germs). Everyone else who has a solo shot (or a pic with just them and the baby) is also pictured in the group at other times. Josiah is seen pogo-ing, playing games, and opening a present with Bella (Lauren not in sight). 
For a family function, it seems odd to me. But YMMV. ?‍♀️

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

For those interest to see more, Jessa has upload a video of the Christmas morning on her You tube. FWIW even there Lauren look disengage and on a side, but it could just be the moment who knows 

Here the link 

lauren seems to be in the background and clearly doesn't want to be in the riff raff. 

Henry seems to be a handful and Ben's look in my eyes comment. 

Edited by nst
  • Upvote 2

I have RBF and could certainly look like this at any time.

I will also say that this is a young woman who is probably dealing with the reality that she will never return to her own family Christmases as before. And that she's stuck with the Duggars. When you marry the person, you marry the family. This is a difficult concept for many people and I would think esp. hard for a young, sheltered girl like Lauren. The romance has worn off a bit, she's left with reality. Most of us get to reality during a dating phase, but with the rapid speed of courtship, engagement, marriage, baby.....most of these fundies don't have time to face reality until they are deep into the life. This may be the holiday where Lauren realized "oh, this is my life now"

Edited by FaithAndReason
typo
  • Upvote 23

As a fellow member of the Sisterhood of the Resting Bitch Face and a somewhat new mom, I’d say Lauren looks like she needs a nap and some alone time away from the family circus.

@FaithAndReason I agree—I think it’s dawning on her that this is what she’ll have to put up with year after year. 

Edited by CourtingBenchWench
Additional thoughts
  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I have a really large extended family Full of extraverts and we all get together frequently so the Duggar Christmas doesn’t look remotely chaotic to me it just looks normal. That may color my perception of Lauren’s appearance in the pictures. To me however, she just seems uncomfortable and possibly not in the mood to be there/ overwhelmed. I think her personality on the show is stand offish and difficult so it magnifies the more negative perceptions. 
hopefully that made sense I have a 9 day old baby and a toddler myself so My thinking is a little fuzzy right now from adjusting to our new addition 

Edited by Daisy0322
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 6

2 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

Yup. She owes no one a smile. 

There's a camera rolling. She owes a smile to keep Jim Bob and TLC happy so she and Si continue to get "benefits" for volunteering.

• Downvote 9
  • WTF 4

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Also 3) the look on her face.

B067F0CD-C695-4C9E-82A6-212F4494957E.png

Shift the scrutiny from Lauren to that roll of accident-about-to-happen on one of the stairs. It may not extend across the entire width of the stair, but man that's in a bad place.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

hopefully that made sense I have a 9 day old baby and a toddler myself so My thinking is a little fuzzy right now from adjusting to our new addition 

I have a 10 day old so I’m standing in solidarity with you right now. Or rather, sitting. On pillows. But in solidarity nonetheless.

My in-laws visited for much too long today and I’m sure my face looked worse than Lauren’s. But my in-laws are just no’s and all I am to them is an incubator so I’m way past keeping sweet. I could easily see Lauren just being exhausted and overwhelmed. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 11

40 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

There's a camera rolling. She owes a smile to keep Jim Bob and TLC happy so she and Si continue to get "benefits" for volunteering.

None of these people owe Jim Bob shit except a well earned slap in the face. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, closetcagebaby said:

None of these people owe Jim Bob shit except a well earned slap in the face. 

Sorry. I've offended severeal people. It's simply my weird sarcastic way. I only meant that Jim Bob and TLC expect keeping sweet and smiles any time there is a camera. Think I'll just quit commenting.  

• Upvote 9
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Sorry. I've offended severeal people. It's simply my weird sarcastic way. I only meant that Jim Bob and TLC expect keeping sweet and smiles any time there is a camera. Think I'll just quit commenting.  

I think the sarcasm just wasn’t obvious to some in your original post. I read it and hoped you meant it in a sarcastic way and figured if you’re here at FJ you probably did, but it can be hard to tell on the Internet sometimes. You’ve clarified and I’m sure that will be the end of it. Not that my opinion matters, but I hope you’ll continue to post.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Come and visit the Bro Gary Hawkins threads.  It’s a whole different vibe and very funny.  I don’t comment too much in the Duggar threads either...for so many reasons.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

?? I actually got what you were saying but in full disclosure I’m on Vicodin haha

26 minutes ago, thisjuststinks said:

I have a 10 day old so I’m standing in solidarity with you right now. Or rather, sitting. On pillows. But in solidarity nonetheless.

My in-laws visited for much too long today and I’m sure my face looked worse than Lauren’s. But my in-laws are just no’s and all I am to them is an incubator so I’m way past keeping sweet. I could easily see Lauren just being exhausted and overwhelmed. 

Ugh my in laws really just pretend to like me because I happen to keep producing boys. Unfortunately I am a people pleaser to the core and I would’ve probably turned out “well” in the cult because I do keep sweet even though I dislike it about myself. 

also congratulations on sitting! I am Post c section I’m still mainly horizontal and moderately drugged lol

• Upvote 3
  • Love 14

1 minute ago, nst said:

is no one commenting that for at least five minutes of the video Michelle is sitting on JB's lap 

perhaps people are to busy bleaching their eyes lol 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 2

19 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

perhaps people are to busy bleaching their eyes lol 

I haven't watched the video but I need to bleach my brain after reading that. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

I liked that JB and M tried to make it about Jesus, and the kids were tearing into their presents like all kids.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

I am so glad that I am not part of such a massive family. Too much chaos and noise for me.

I noticed that Jill and Derick weren’t there. 

I think it showed a good amount of food for the number of people (bounce from the Jill Rod thread).

Edited by adidas
Jill Rod, not Jill Tod
  • Upvote 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic