IGNORED

JinJer 51: Can't Even Sell Donuts!

Destiny

This isn’t the first time that Jinger was dropped as a sponsor. I think it was last year she was shilling some online healthy grocery delivery service. Can’t remember the name, something box. Anyway, that disappeared after the first post. Jessa was trying to promote them too.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

This isn’t the first time that Jinger was dropped as a sponsor. I think it was last year she was shilling some online healthy grocery delivery service. Can’t remember the name, something box. Anyway, that disappeared after the first post. Jessa was trying to promote them too.

Was she doing fabfitfun or thrive.com?

I forget which. That's two different things.

Whitney Bates was doing fabfitfun for a while too. Is anyone aware if she's kept that up?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Whitney Bates was doing fabfitfun for a while too. Is anyone aware if she's kept that up?

Yep WB did one the other day holding the new baby. I remember Jill got shit canned from the fabfitfun. Jin and Jess were doing Thrive, I can’t remember if they were shit canned or not. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

Imagine the bank they'd make if only they'd rebrand themselves as Christians who follow Jesus's words of love and community and giving and so forth, rather than the nuisance pest Phariseeical American variety she was raised to be. 

Jessa and Ben, too. 

Yes, I realize there's irony and such to that, but new opportunity would just burst through their doors if they'd stop parroting hate-based nonsense.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

I think a part of it is that Jinger and Jeremy starting to notice that their hate-filled right-wing agenda doesn't fly in LA as well as it does in Arkansas or Texas. Even if some business owners agree with them, which may or may not be the case, they'll lose a LOT more business than they'll gain in LA by collaborating with someone like Jinger. Whereas in Arkansas, they might still get a lot of pushback on social media, but I suspect that using a Duggar to promote them still brings a net positive to some businesses.

I'm all for knocking these assholes down several pegs, even if it adds to their Christian martyr complex. They believe that shit anyway. :confusion-shrug:

Edited by JillyO
Forgot a word.
  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Maybe it was Thrive Market?

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I’ll just snark on Jinger’s recent vegetarian lasagne recipe she posted in her Insta stories. Parmesan cheese isn’t vegetarian. I know that’s not an important point and even many vegetarians aren’t aware of that, but it stood out to me regardless. 

ETA: screenshot 

45E82C56-2517-4213-9DD7-0081D713AA92.png

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

What's in Parmesan cheese that is not vegetarian? Most cheeses are vegetarian and what I made parmesan cheese it's been vegetarian

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, justoneoftwo said:

What's in Parmesan cheese that is not vegetarian? Most cheeses are vegetarian and what I made parmesan cheese it's been vegetarian

calf rennet:

"The coagulation process, necessary to make milk, usually requires an enzyme called chymosin, which comes from something called rennet. In the case of Parmesan, and most cheeses, that rennet is ritually procured from the one of the four stomachs of a calf. For this, the baby cow is killed merely so it’s stomach can be taken and split open, dried, cut into cubes and added to the cheese mixture to curdle it."

https://metro.co.uk/2018/04/25/parmesan-cheese-not-vegetarian-7494472/

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 4
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

I haven’t been active here in awhile and now I wish I had. I live in the same general vicinity as them (I’m in the south east valley) and this is fascinating. 

I don’t have a hard time believing Fonuts didn’t know who they are. They are a small bakery-albeit a bougie one-that just opened their second location this year. I doubt they have a full time social media manager or publicist. 

rebecca minkoff on the other hand is a large international brand and household name. They surely have multiple high paid publicists and social media managers. That oversight is incredible. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

I’ll just snark on Jinger’s recent vegetarian lasagne recipe she posted in her Insta stories. Parmesan cheese isn’t vegetarian. I know that’s not an important point and even many vegetarians aren’t aware of that, but it stood out to me regardless. 

ETA: screenshot 

45E82C56-2517-4213-9DD7-0081D713AA92.png

It is vegetarian. It's NOT vegan though, the two are different.

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

23 minutes ago, Mlissmartin said:

It is vegetarian. It's NOT vegan though, the two are different.

No, it’s not vegetarian either. Calf rennet is part of an animal and not a by product like milk or eggs. Parmesan cheese is not vegetarian, though I heard that there might be actually vegetarian variants of it, yet they’re rare. I’ve never seen one sold. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

No, it’s not vegetarian either. Calf rennet is part of an animal and not a by product like milk or eggs. Parmesan cheese is not vegetarian, though I heard that there might be actually vegetarian variants of it, yet they’re rare. I’ve never seen one sold. 

Refined sugar isn't vegetarian either. They use cow bones in the process.

I believe whole foods brand sugar and cheese is vegetarian safe though.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

27 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

Say whaaaaaat. Am I wrong? I thought no meat was vegetarian and no animal products of any kind was vegan. Oh my!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

Just now, Mlissmartin said:

Say whaaaaaat. Am I wrong? I thought no meat was vegetarian and no animal products of any kind was vegan. Oh my!

Some vegetarians only care about no meat, but many abstain from any animal products that involve killing the animal. Rennet is from the stomach of a calf, so you have to kill the calf to get it, making it not vegetarian.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

6 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Some vegetarians only care about no meat, but many abstain from any animal products that involve killing the animal. Rennet is from the stomach of a calf, so you have to kill the calf to get it, making it not vegetarian.

Makes sense, I've learned something new!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They may know who the DUGGAR'S are but would they know that Jinger Vuolo, in LA is part of the Duggar family of Bumfuck Arkansas? 

That’s what I was thinking, too. I’d NEVER buy that they didn’t know who Josh, Boob, and MEchelle were, but Jinger is another story. There are 19 kids, and Jinger stayed off camera for a bit when the molestation scandal came out. I don’t think they’d expect a girl with a different last name, living in LA, of all places, to be part of that family. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

54 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

Actual Parmagiano Reggiano is almost certainly made with actual calf's rennet, but US-made Parm may not be.  Vegetable "rennet" is used in a lot of US cheeses.

The only Parmagiano sold in the EU is the real deal.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

Ruh roh, is Parmesan cheese the next Topic Of Doom.....?

We might need to start discussing our holiday nail art plans...

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Many cheese makers are switching to vegetable rennet. It costs the same if not less.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

On 12/5/2019 at 10:56 AM, SassyPants said:

Well...I don’t feel that I can bitch about them being entitled and lazy, and then complain more when they attempt to earn $.

Sure you can. They are entitled and lazy as fuck.

The employment agency is thattaway ---> 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic