IGNORED

Popping Them Out Like Pez: Upcoming Babies 16

Bethella

I'm glad, for both her and her kids, that she's had a bit of a break between babies. I assume, though, she'll be pregnant soon enough. It looks like she and her husband took a day trip by themselves, so perhaps it won't be much longer. ?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I wasn't completely convinced there was a miscarriage. She'd have come out and said it, I would have expected, or at least added an angel to her list. She's been open about miscarriages in the past. Hard to say.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

I wasn't completely convinced there was a miscarriage. She'd have come out and said it, I would have expected, or at least added an angel to her list. She's been open about miscarriages in the past. Hard to say.

That’s true. But she was so upset about something last year. Maybe she was upset about something else. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s true. But she was so upset about something last year. Maybe she was upset about something else. 

Could have been a million things, really. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe her husband told her:no more kids. Wasn't he the one that wanted 10 kids because he grew up in a family with 10 children? Since he has that now he might be putting a stop to more pregnancies.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

Maybe her husband told her:no more kids. Wasn't he the one that wanted 10 kids because he grew up in a family with 10 children? Since he has that now he might be putting a stop to more pregnancies.

She recently commented on another user's instagram post that she and her husband now "hoped for 12", so it seems likely that they plan to try for more. I tend to agree with @JermajestyDuggar about Courtney being upset, and I personally assumed that it was a miscarriage too. Perhaps she didn't have a miscarriage, but experienced some sort of interruption to her cycle that was misinterpreted? 

Courtney has been open about her losses... to a point. I remember when she reopened her instagram a couple of years ago and added the angel chorus line to her header, a lot of us were trying to figure out when the losses occurred. She used to go months/years without participating actively on social media, so there were a lot of gaps in the collective knowledge. Courtney is open about some stuff, sometimes, and other times, she's protective and private, and you only get a vagaries. The most recent miscarriage (that she acknowledged) was something that was only discovered when her husband's church newsletter was found online during a long stretch of private social media. If memory serves, it was pretty quickly taken down after we started discussing it.  If she did experience anything she interpreted as child-loss, she may choose to wait for a period of time before adding it to her losses, or she may never for whatever reason. Ultimately, she's not really consistent about such things. This is the longest she's  ever gone with public social media/blogging/whatever.

Her comment about hoping to have 12 children really surprised me, though. The sentiment is just sort of strange. She's made a handful of comments about family size over the years, and until they had their 10th living child, there was always a theoretical number to be working towards. If they've moved the goalposts to 12, that gives them a new benchmark, but also suggests an understood limitation that will be met within 24 months at her general rate of production. Perhaps that is cooling her jets. She may be "saving" those pregnancies since they could be her last. But that certainly suggests that at least one of them does not intend to have babies indefinitely. 

• Upvote 6

Sarah Baker (Bakers to Alaska) is expecting #12. No due date given. Also no update recently on their missionary work --- they seem to not have moved up north yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, albireo said:

Sarah Baker (Bakers to Alaska) is expecting #12. No due date given. Also no update recently on their missionary work --- they seem to not have moved up north yet.

I bet she’s thrilled she can finally say they have a Bakers Dozen.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet she’s thrilled she can finally say they have a Bakers Dozen.

Isn’t a baker’s dozen 13?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

Isn’t a baker’s dozen 13?

Yes it is! I used to work at a bakery and people often asked in a joking way for a bakers dozen when really they just wanted one free cookie or donut. But I imagine she wants to be cutesy and say Bakers dozen when she has 12 since their last name is Baker.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

Addie Morton posted some pics from Mariah Campana's bridal shower in which Dorothy looks pretty definitively pregnant.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Addie Morton posted some pics from Mariah Campana's bridal shower in which Dorothy looks pretty definitively pregnant.

How old is Brielle? Seems to me this is close spacing for her. I went back and looked at the pictures - I didn't notice the first time I saw them - but I agree; the way she has her arms "resting" on her middle makes her look quite pregnant. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

How old is Brielle? Seems to me this is close spacing for her. I went back and looked at the pictures - I didn't notice the first time I saw them - but I agree; the way she has her arms "resting" on her middle makes her look quite pregnant. 

She turned 1 in September, so it would be a small gap for Noah and Dorothy. But I also thought she seemed pregnant when I saw the picture. 

I had seen Darth in the pictures but didn't recognize her. I was waiting for someone else to say who it was. Lol. So much for me saying that they are only up to grandchild #38. This makes baby # 4 and 5 this year. And it's early so I have no doubt that there will be at least one more baby born and maybe several announcements.  Kressent and Rachel are due to announce. And Alyssa will no doubt be preggo before the end of the year. Campbell and Martha are the wild cards.  They are overdue.  

1 hour ago, JMO said:

I had seen Darth in the pictures but didn't recognize her. I was waiting for someone else to say who it was. Lol. So much for me saying that they are only up to grandchild #38. This makes baby # 4 and 5 this year. And it's early so I have no doubt that there will be at least one more baby born and maybe several announcements.  Kressent and Rachel are due to announce. And Alyssa will no doubt be preggo before the end of the year. Campbell and Martha are the wild cards.  They are overdue.  

39 and 40 are due in the next few weeks so this will be 41 and 42.

Edit: durr, I may have misread your post.

Edited by NachosFlandersStyle

Oh man, twins. And, boys at that. Nothing wrong with boys, but without more girls, poor Brielle is going to end up worn out and haggard by the time she is 18 and marriageable. 

• Upvote 6

Radfords have announced that Grandchild number 6 is on their way. Millie is pregnant due in September. She is 18 and I don't know if she is still with the dad or not because it was just a baby grow and roses in the announcement looks like she announced it to her family on valentines day. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 3

44 minutes ago, Mudgie said:

Lisa also looks pregnant in the same photograph that shows Dorothy. She's sitting on the couch with a visible baby bump.

Lise announced back in September and is due in early-mid March.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic