IGNORED

Popping Them Out Like Pez: Upcoming Babies 16

Bethella

From John-Everett and Ali Kendall's IG accounts, they're expecting #6 in September. Zooming in on the ultrasound, baby appears to be due September 7th.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

13 hours ago, albireo said:

From John-Everett and Ali Kendall's IG accounts, they're expecting #6 in September. Zooming in on the ultrasound, baby appears to be due September 7th.

They ended up being a lot fundier than they appeared - proving that you can't judge based on appearances. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Sarah Washburn Lagoy looked to be close to her third trimester in her wedding video. They eloped last August but had a big wedding this weekend. So you can list her as pregnant but I’m unsure of the due date. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

52 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sarah Washburn Lagoy looked to be close to her third trimester in her wedding video. They eloped last August but had a big wedding this weekend. So you can list her as pregnant but I’m unsure of the due date. 

I wonder will this bring out another bunch of hateful messages from her dad, brother and brother-in-law?

2 minutes ago, EmainMacha said:

I wonder will this bring out another bunch of hateful messages from her dad, brother and brother-in-law?

Let’s hope not! Let’s hope they got all their nastiness out a few months ago. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Campbell Conley Morton posted a pic of herself holding a newborn in a hospital labeled "New Baby". Based on the time table, it very well could be Alyssa and Sam's son.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

21 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Campbell Conley Morton posted a pic of herself holding a newborn in a hospital labeled "New Baby". Based on the time table, it very well could be Alyssa and Sam's son.

I think more likely Kennedy's, based on the due dates we have.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I think more likely Kennedy's, based on the due dates we have.

It is. Another picture of the baby is posted and Kennedy is tagged.

I am hoping Alyssa goes a little overdue since her due date is her sister’s Wedding day.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

4 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Naida Drew. Interesting. Never heard the name Naida before.

I just looked up the name and it means water nymph. I have no issue with the name but I bet a lot of new people will call her Nadia since it’s a more common name than Naida. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Naida Drew. Interesting. Never heard the name Naida before.

Interesting choice. I would have thought Nadia (with the meaning 'hope') would be a more likely name for them to use than Naida. The usage of Naida is highly concentrated in the former Yugoslavian countries (Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia & Bosnia and Herzegovina) and the meaning is ambiguous at best. Best guess by scholars is that it is from 'naiad' in Greek, which referred to nymphs in Greek mythology. Not exactly super Christian. Considering where its usage is concentrated, that area is Catholic, Islam, and Orthodox Christianity...so it doesn't seem like the kind of usage that fundie families would try and twist into being 'Christian'.

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just looked up the name and it means water nymph. I have no issue with the name but I bet a lot of new people will call her Nadia since it’s a more common name than Naida. 

I honestly wonder if it was a typo of Nadia. Nadia seems more 'on brand'.

I like Naida though. I also like Nadia. Both are lovely.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Aine said:

I honestly wonder if it was a typo of Nadia. Nadia seems more 'on brand

No, in her post Kennedy clarifies that it's pronounced Nay-da. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

31 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Thanks! Then I'm back to my "interesting choice" opinion. I wonder if some bogus website or name book made up some wonderful yet etymologically incorrect meaning for the name that led to them using it? Either way, I like the name. They could have done much worse.

• Upvote 2

I'm interested in the middle name Drew. Are they not interested in having an Andrew Jr. to go with all of the other Morton Juniors if they have a boy? Did they just not think about it? Do they expect to have all girls? Are they done having kids? I heavily doubt the last one and am leaning toward the first just because they seem to be going for sound and creativity with their name choices. Feeling obligated toward having a junior would hinder that.

Naida is a pretty name. I also would have expected Nadia. Hope she doesn't become a sister mom too soon.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, albireo said:

I'm interested in the middle name Drew. Are they not interested in having an Andrew Jr. to go with all of the other Morton Juniors if they have a boy? Did they just not think about it? Do they expect to have all girls? Are they done having kids? I heavily doubt the last one and am leaning toward the first just because they seem to be going for sound and creativity with their name choices. Feeling obligated toward having a junior would hinder that.

Naida is a pretty name. I also would have expected Nadia. Hope she doesn't become a sister mom too soon.

Oh Kennedy will keep trying for a boy like Alyssa. They have so much penis worship in that family. And their first son will be Andrew Morton Jr. 

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, Aine said:

Thanks! Then I'm back to my "interesting choice" opinion. I wonder if some bogus website or name book made up some wonderful yet etymologically incorrect meaning for the name that led to them using it? Either way, I like the name. They could have done much worse.

My guess is that it's either a family name or she just heard it somewhere and liked it. Her other kids don't have names with biblical meanings, either.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

My guess is that it's either a family name or she just heard it somewhere and liked it. Her other kids don't have names with biblical meanings, either.

That's true. I can just read enough into Mia and Valerie's names to see where they can pull some Biblical or virtue meanings. Mia traditionally being a diminutive of Maria (so Biblical/Hebrew roots) and Valerie being related to 'valor' (a virtuous flair). No criticism from me, I just ponder things like this a lot, or too much, because I find it interesting. I also have no opinion or judgment towards any parent who just picks what they think sounds good and they just like. My curiosity is piqued because so many fundies do attribute certain meanings to their kids' names that are sometimes not accurate or overblown. 

Edited by Aine
Typo

Was a birth date given for Naida? 

I don't think giving her a middle name of Drew will mean that they won't name the first boy Andrew Jr. They can call him Andy or A.J.. 

22 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Thank goodness!! I don't share a birthday with a fundie yet and certainly don't want to share my Name!! (Nadja)

2 hours ago, Hazelbunny said:

Thank goodness!! I don't share a birthday with a fundie yet and certainly don't want to share my Name!! (Nadja)

I share a birthday with a Morton grandchild. Or, that child shares my birthday since mine came along  almost 5 decades before theirs. 

• Upvote 4

Bobby and Meagan Ballinger’s third is a boy. They’re naming him Robert Alan the third, and are choosing the nickname bear. Is that a common nickname for Robert? I haven’t heard it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Bobby and Meagan Ballinger’s third is a boy. They’re naming him Robert Alan the third, and are choosing the nickname bear. Is that a common nickname for Robert? I haven’t heard it. 

Maybe if you’re French, lol. They have a lot of choices for nicknames since he could be Robbie or Bert(ie) or even Trey since he’s the third. 

I call my boys Buddy Bear as a nick name sometimes. So it’s not a weird nick name to me. But no, Bear is not a nick name for Robert. I prefer when people say it’s just a stand alone nickname instead of pretending it’s an common nickname for their name. For example “Cade” for Robert Smith the 4th. These fundies must really hate the usual nick names for Robert!

• Upvote 2

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic