IGNORED

Popping Them Out Like Pez: Upcoming Babies 16

Bethella

An assortment of updates:

Abigail Washburn LaGoy had her baby boy yesterday, and his name is Angus Craig. Looks like he was born at home. https://www.instagram.com/p/B6kDSjeBpwi/

From Lise's IG story, Prentiss Kendall Allen has also had her baby, seemingly today, in a hospital in typical Kendall fashion. Sex and name unknown but maybe Lise will post again.

Amanda Davis Weathers's twins are named David and Jonathan.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

50 minutes ago, adidas said:

it’s the only one you are entitled to unless you have complications. 

An ultrasound is the way to tell the type of twinning  but it makes me sad that American companies will only pay for the anatomy scan. Early scans are not only useful to identify the monochorionic twins but they can also help detect early signs indicating increased risk for things like twin to twin transfusion. The OB's I work for will alter the frequency (or type  of screening eg add more Doppler screening) of surveillance or if the findings merit - transfer to a tertiary care/high risk OB centre. Even for singletons there is a lot of useful information that can be picked up with the biochemistry and ultrasound in an 11 -14 week ultrasound. Its too bad American companies don't include it. 

In the last year or so I've read a number of articles on the high rates of maternal mortality and morbidity in the peri gestational period and I wonder if this does not contribute. 

• Upvote 5

@browngrl I can't speak for all OB offices but the one I went to did high risk and regular OB and did a scan at every visit for every pregnant mom. I really appreciated it. I do know that doing an ultrasound at the 9-10 week mark for a nuchal scan is routine for all pregnancies.  I saved all my printouts from all my scans. 

• Upvote 2

Here in the UK you’re offered two scans as standard, 12 and 20 weeks, but the first can be between 8-14 weeks and the second can be between 18-21 weeks. 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/ultrasound-anomaly-baby-scans-pregnant/

If you’re high risk you get more. I’ve never been pregnant so don’t have any experience personally.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Here in the UK you’re offered two scans as standard, 12 and 20 weeks, but the first can be between 8-14 weeks and the second can be between 18-21 weeks. 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/ultrasound-anomaly-baby-scans-pregnant/

If you’re high risk you get more. I’ve never been pregnant so don’t have any experience personally.

It’s pretty much the same here in Australia. Lots also get an early dating scan, but it depends on where you have it done as to whether you have to pay for it.

Dopplers are standard at midwife appointments from about 12 weeks though, so if you were pregnant with twins and didn’t have the first scan I wonder if they wouldn’t pick up a second heartbeat before the anatomy scan anyway.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, LucilleJ said:

That's totally a cultural thing, they won't ever be confronted to that but I chuckled like a mad person, David and Jonathan were a duo in the 80's -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlv_5-5tF_Q

I have cousins named David & Jonathan. They're brothers, but not twins. And there is nothing remotely fundie about them; my uncle & aunt were strict atheists. I'm not sure where they got David from or why they chose it, but Jonathan is just a variation of my uncle, John. They were born in the 70's. Not relevant to anything but I cannot hear those two names together without thinking of my family. 

Adidas, I can’t definitively say what common practice is here, but I’m pregnant in the US and had an earlier ultrasound (actually two, but one was due to unexplained bleeding and was not routine because of that). I also experienced hearing baby’s heartbeat on a fetal Doppler at 16 weeks. However, I know someone who sees a midwife and not an obstetrician, and the midwife recommends just the anatomy scan at 20ish weeks unless there are concerns.

• Upvote 1

Two scans is standard here in UK unless you have complications, my sister when she was expecting both my nephew's had a lot more than two, firstly due to her miscarrying twins and then due to her waters breaking 10 weeks early with her oldest. People do opt to pay for gender scans if they can't tell in any of the scans and want to know. My sister didn't want to know with her second and in her way in to the get her final scan a nurse said, your having another boy aren't you, she was a bit annoyed but didn't take it as granted that was what she was having. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/29/2019 at 8:37 AM, fundiefan said:

Chelsly & John will bring forth #2 in June.

She will be 29, I think?  I don't think they will make it to 10 kids. 8, maybe.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Yes, she turns 29 in a month.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

It's possible she could get to 10, if 1) she has kids past 40 and 2) she keeps to her mom's average spacing between kids, which is 22.5 months. This baby baby is coming only about 16.9 months after Axton, so if she keeps that up for a bit, she might do it. 

I agree, though, that it's unlikely, and I certainly hope they don't have more than 8. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I don’t think so either. Her mom got pregnant with her youngest when she was 39. She didn’t have babies in her 40s. And it’s possible Chelsy won’t have many or any at all in her 40s too.

• Upvote 2

On 12/27/2019 at 3:34 PM, adidas said:

But unless she has signs or symptoms pointing to the possibility of twins, how else is she to discover it except through the scan? Plenty of people here find out at their scan (including two of my cousins - one from Mum’s side and one from Dad’s side), because it’s the only one you are entitled to unless you have complications. 
I know that lots of people find out earlier because they were doubly sick or their fundal height clued them in, but not all women realise and ask their doctor for an extra scan. Is it different in the US? Do you have extra ultrasounds scheduled? I know some can be paid for ...

United States Resident
With pregnancy #1 I paid for my 20 week anatomy scan (Dec 2001)... Had not heard a HB via Doppler until after 16 weeks.. being a bigger/taller gal I did not think anything of it... I felt like crap and did not worry about the babe.... Never had another U/S...

With pregnancy #2 (2004)  I confirmed pregnancy at 5 weeks in the office.. went in for Bloodwork at 8 weeks and the NP said that she was ordering a *medically necessary u/s* so my insurance would cover the cost... since HB was not heard until so late in previous pregnancy and to check cervical length( previous surgery).. insurance agreed and I went in just short of 11 weeks and they found twins

))))))WHAT!!!!!(((((

From that point on I was declared HIGH RISK** and had more u/s, stress tests and exams than I could remember to count!  

**The kicker is just b/c there were 2 I was HR... no issues, full term, full sized, no nicu anything.. but had I only had a singleton... I would have had to pay for my 20w scan- crazy insurance rules

• Upvote 2

Thomas and Dakota Paine are having # 3 in July. There will be a 14 month gap again. They’re catching up after having their first three years of marriage child free

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 4

On 12/30/2019 at 8:28 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think so either. Her mom got pregnant with her youngest when she was 39. She didn’t have babies in her 40s. And it’s possible Chelsy won’t have many or any at all in her 40s too.

Agreed. The chances of Chelsy producing anything close to 10 kids is pretty unlikely. Her mother produced 10 children, but she had a 6 year head start. Chelsy did get pregnant more quickly than Becky with her first, but if she keeps pace with her mother's fertility, her output is probably going to max out at 6, barring twins.

• Upvote 4

Via IG from a few days ago, Prentiss's baby is named Easton. I've got to say it's much better than Aberavon.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Per the Lily and Ellie blog, it’s mentioned that Layla Rae will have six cousins on the Stewart side with one more due in May. Haven’t been able to figure out if it’s Ashley or Brittany that’s due though. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Oh_Dear! said:

Per the Lily and Ellie blog, it’s mentioned that Layla Rae will have six cousins on the Stewart side with one more due in May. Haven’t been able to figure out if it’s Ashley or Brittany that’s due though. 

I think that’s the pregnancy that Ashley miscarried in October, she had been due in May. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bethella said:

I think that’s the pregnancy that Ashley miscarried in October, she had been due in May. 

Weird that Ellie and Lily wouldn’t know about the miscarriage since they claim to be so close to the Bates and all their in-laws... to be fair, I didn’t know either, but to me the whole Bates Family is just a shit-show I can’t seem to stop watching/ reading about. 

• Upvote 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic