IGNORED

Popping Them Out Like Pez: Upcoming Babies 16

Bethella

6 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

farmschool_mama is her handle. I'm not sure about forum rules for posting links to social media accounts, but you can easily find her with that. ^^

Maybe it's a rare double crown. Clara is legit insufferable for every reason @Milly-Molly-Mandy gave, and so much more. Virtually every sentence of every post is either a high-investment, low-reward trickle truth about some mundane life event, or gloating over her superiority to all other women because of her delusion of eternal youth. It's relentless, and kind of disturbing. She never lets up. She's a perfectly attractive woman who seems to be in typical shape for a person in their early thirties, but she imagines herself in a truly creepy perpetual "teen mom" way. She tries to suggest that people think that her husband is an older male relative (they look the same age), and frequently insists that people confuse her for her childrens' older sibling. I sincerely doubt that this has happened in many years, if ever, but she brings it up like it's just a constant fact of life.

Every. Single. Picture she posts of herself has a hazy, grainy sheen to it, and at least one or two blur filters. She's never in focus. This includes body shots of her teeny pregnant bellies. Yet, every picture of her children is perfectly in focus and clear. Therefore, the smug "lol today the mailman asked me if I was excited about starting 8th grade soon lolol" posts are accompanied by a ghostly, unfocused image of her face that has had the exposure lifted to the point that only her eyeliner is easily distinguishable.

IMO, the most insidious thing that she does is post-dating bump pictures. She's acknowledged doing this, though she insinuates its just to make it harder for people to guess her due date. So when you see a picture of her bump 3 weeks before she delivers a full-term baby, it's actually a picture she took 5 months ago. I find this practice to be particularly harmful since she encourages people to think that she's just *that tiny*, and to discuss her smallness, etc. It's deliberate, and she does it every pregnancy. 

So, you know, every 9-11 months. ?

I started following her out of genuine interest due to her family size and her apparent enjoyment of her large family. She's very similar to Courtney in that respect. But the more you read, the more you realize just how strange Clara's reality is. She may or may not enjoy her life as much as she implies, but she seems to really struggle with seeing herself as an adult woman. It's so damned weird to say that about a person who has given birth to 11 children, but it's almost like she's stuck mentally at age 16-17, when she found out she was pregnant with her first.

Thanks for this explanation of her. I only knew a little bit about her and although Braggie is Queen, it seems Clara is Princess Humblebrag. 

• Upvote 4

Clara is really creepy!!! You know she always but always brags about her youth and how she can do everything with only 5 hours of sleep... 

• Upvote 2

She’s 30 years old, what does she think other 30-year-olds look like? A lot of 30-year-olds get mistaken for late teens/early 20s when they dress a certain way and I’m guessing she styles herself as young as possible because of this weird obsession she has with supposedly looking like a teenager. The funny thing is that in my opinion she looked WAY older than she was when she was in her late teens. When she got married/was pregnant with her first, she looked like she was already 30. Her age has just finally caught up with her looks.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

She looks young, but not to the extent she seems to carry on about. I had read the 'Love what Matters' article and thought it odd she kept banging on about looking like a highschooler. Courtney looks a lot younger, IMO - she has a sweet and innocent sort of fullness to her face.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

IME, when someone is so obsessed with looking so much younger, it's because they wish they were younger so they can make different choices. 

YMMV, though. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

28 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

She looks young, but not to the extent she seems to carry on about. I had read the 'Love what Matters' article and thought it odd she kept banging on about looking like a highschooler. Courtney looks a lot younger, IMO - she has a sweet and innocent sort of fullness to her face.

Courtney definitely looks younger than Clara. And Courtney is older! 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

I’m pretty sure Carrie Smyth had her baby. They have a post on their patreon from yesterday titled the long awaited arrival. It’s locked so I can’t see what it says, but it’s gotta be announcing the birth.

• Thank You 2

On 12/9/2019 at 9:21 PM, TuringMachine said:

I’m pretty sure Carrie Smyth had her baby. They have a post on their patreon from yesterday titled the long awaited arrival. It’s locked so I can’t see what it says, but it’s gotta be announcing the birth.

You were right. It's a girl, Abigail Jane Smyth, weighing in at 7lbs 10oz, born in the bathroom and caught by Dad. 

I found it interesting that the attending "midwife" was their neighbor Sarah Kellogg who also lives on the Smyth homestead (Our Yurtiful Life). Sarah claims she's a midwife but their blog says she quit college her sophomore then worked 2 years in the Philippines in a birthing clinic. I suspect she did volunteer work there and is not an actual licensed midwife in the US. Carrie goes on to say that her midwife "desires to keep all her information private so we won't say anything about that". 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

You were right. It's a girl, Abigail Jane Smyth, weighing in at 7lbs 10oz, born in the bathroom and caught by Dad. 

I found it interesting that the attending "midwife" was their neighbor Sarah Kellogg who also lives on the Smyth homestead (Our Yurtiful Life). Sarah claims she's a midwife but their blog says she quit college her sophomore then worked 2 years in the Philippines in a birthing clinic. I suspect she did volunteer work there and is not an actual licensed midwife in the US. Carrie goes on to say that her midwife "desires to keep all her information private so we won't say anything about that". 

Well were talking about people who moved to Missouri to avoid building codes, so using an unlicensed "midwife" is pretty on brand.

Edit to add: in the video Carrie says that "today" is Monday, which is "a couple days later" from the birth. So I'd guess the baby was born on Saturday.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Thank You 2

On 12/9/2019 at 11:25 AM, anjulibai said:

IME, when someone is so obsessed with looking so much younger, it's because they wish they were younger so they can make different choices. 

YMMV, though. 

I get the impression she’s never had as much attention in her life as when she was a pregnant teenager, and she’s desperately trying to cling to that because nothing else makes her special.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Meagan and Bobby Ballinger are expecting their third in July 2020. 

When will those two slow down? Eesh

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When will those two slow down? Eesh

I was just gonna say... I thought Meagan just had a baby. But I checked Fundamentalists Wiki and apparently her youngest was born in September 2018, so I guess that's not too bad.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I was just gonna say... I thought Meagan just had a baby. But I checked Fundamentalists Wiki and apparently her youngest was born in September 2018, so I guess that's not too bad.

Yeah, for fundies it’s not too bad. But I wouldn’t handle a 3 year old, 1.5 year old, and newborn very well. But I guess it’s better than Courtney Rogers and all her Irish twins!

• Upvote 6

56 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yeah, for fundies it’s not too bad. But I wouldn’t handle a 3 year old, 1.5 year old, and newborn very well. But I guess it’s better than Courtney Rogers and all her Irish twins!

I kind of worry about her .  I'm not sure how she would cope with losing the x under x years moniker.

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, hasunah said:

I kind of worry about her .  I'm not sure how she would cope with losing the x under x years moniker.

I agree. She seems to validate herself with her "Irish Twins" and "X under X" little existence. What happens when those kids actually grow up? When they're teenagers? When she has 15 kids and they're not all under the age of 15? Or, whatever magic number crosses the line of her perfect symmetry of procreation? 

For that matter, though, I wonder about a lot of fundie women. Zoo for example. She gets her entire worth from birthing babies. She needs it on a level that is unhealthy and obsessive. What happens to her when she can't breed anymore? What happens when she has no babies to use an excuse for escaping reality? 

When your worth and value is tied to making the babies, you're on a speeding train to misery since the fats of life are that at some point, you simply cannot produce babies anymore. 

• Upvote 11

39 minutes ago, Syriana said:

Josh and Cassidy Bontrager are expecting their second - he's announced it on his blog.  Due "later next spring".

https://joshuabontrager.com/2019-in-pictures-and-a-special-announcement/

Finally! Sheesh! We knew this was coming this year. They wait until the very end of the year to announce. They also waited until she was 3 months along with their first. So I’m guessing she’s three months along. Or possibly more.

• Upvote 4

Oh dear lord. Another arrogant fundie in the making. Unless she's a girl, then it's another girl who's life is over the minute she is born alive.

I will never understand how some of the fundie women can tolerate being impregnated by their husband's. I image Josh barking orders, wrapped in bible verses, about how to do what and when. 

Also, Josh, dear? Wallace's cousin doesn't exist as his playmate. . She is his cousin. Your niece. Your brother's daughter. Or, here's a novel idea, even though she's a mere girl. She is Jubiliee. Try this. "Wallace & Jubilee love to play together". So easy. So factual. So non misogynistic/patriarchal/evangelical/fundie/non penis worshiping.

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 11

4 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Oh dear lord. Another arrogant fundie in the making. Unless she's a girl, then it's another girl who's life is over the minute she is born alive.

I will never understand how some of the fundie women can tolerate being impregnated by their husband's. I image Josh barking orders, wrapped in bible verses, about how to do what and when. 

Also, Josh, dear? Wallace's cousin doesn't exist as his playmate. . She is his cousin. Your niece. Your brother's daughter. Or, here's a novel idea, even though she's a mere girl. She is Jubiliee. Try this. "Wallace & Jubilee love to play together". So easy. So factual. So non misogynistic/patriarchal/evangelical/fundie/non penis worshiping.

It would likely be best for all if Josh’s children are all boys. 

• Upvote 6

38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It would likely be best for all if Josh’s children are all boys. 

Very true! But then I hope for Cassidy's sake they don't have too many, otherwise she would drown in work without a "mother's helper" which we all know can only be a girl.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

Very true! But then I hope for Cassidy's sake they don't have too many, otherwise she would drown in work without a "mother's helper" which we all know can only be a girl.

What’s funny about fundieland is that they will bend gender norms in their own homes if it makes their lives easier or better. Most large fundie families have a mix of girls and boys. However there are some that have more of one sex and they will bend the rules for themselves. For example Zoo Anderson. She had three boys first. Therefore she had her boys helping with changing diapers and watching younger siblings. Now that Miriam is older, she forces the childcare on her. After the two oldest Bowers girls got married, they had to teach the older boys to cook. I guess ma Bowers wasn’t going to do it all herself. I think that if Josh and Cass had all boys, they would bend the rules and suddenly think it’s freat for their oldest boys to be helping Cass cook, clean, and change diapers. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic