IGNORED

Anna From the Seven Sisters is Engaged

jellybug

Looks like Anna Richardson from the Seven Sisters got engaged today to her boyfriend, Calbert Forks. I'm so happy for her. It's amazing to see how the girls have grown up and blossomed. 

When I began reading their blog years ago, I never guessed that the frumper wearing, head covering and purity ring wearing girls would have ever grown into the woman they are today. Too bad other fundy families haven't grown and matured the way the Richardson girls have. Kudos to their parents for allowing them to expand their horizons. 

Congratulations and best wishes to Anna and Calbert!

\

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 13

I’m so pleased for her! I really hope she writes a blog post about the relationship and engagement (and ultimately, that there’s a blog post about the wedding!!) I’m sure all her sisters plus a couple of friends will be bridesmaids. I’ll be interested to see what the bridesmaid dresses will be like, given that three of the sisters still dress in frumpers/modest dresses and I’m sure Anna will want to respect their clothing choices.

I’ve followed the Seven Sisters for years, too, and I’m so pleased that they’re getting to follow their dreams/careers! Got to say, even back in the day when they all dressed the same way, had more fundie beliefs and were clearly at least a bit enmeshed, I thought they were the only fundies I’d be pleased to meet or interact with in ‘real life’ (don’t worry, I never actually did) and I always had more hope for them than I did for the other fundie STAHDs followed by FJ. They seemed more outward-looking and were always willing to spend time with people in their local community (4-H, a local symphony orchestra etc), and they made it clear that other people in their church dressed normally. They always seemed engaging and it was clear that they had friends outside the family.

• Upvote 11

Jessica also started her job as an airline pilot this week. But I think she is currently doing training so I don’t know when she will start flying. 

• Upvote 5

It has been very interesting reading/*watching* these young ladies through the years.  Watching their individuality blossom and their love and support of each other through the years has been lovely.  Sure they do things differently than the majority, but the way they have shared their story has been in a * see what we have experienced* and not in a Maxwellian * This is what is best* mindset.  I wish all the siblings the happiest lives they can create!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jessica also started her job as an airline pilot this week. But I think she is currently doing training so I don’t know when she will start flying. 

Jessica is in Salt Lake City training to be a SkyWest pilot. They are going to start training on simulators next week. This week looks to have been lectures and role playing simulation. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot believe Jessica is really going to be a working pilot! Who woulda thunk it!?

How is she going to handle the uniform? She is still pretty frumperlicious. I mean this is SHORT!

IMG_2831-e1569205235819-768x1024.jpg

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Love 6

7 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I cannot believe Jessica is really going to be a working pilot! Who woulda thunk it!?

How is she going to handle the uniform? She is still pretty frumperlicious. I mean this is SHORT!

IMG_2831-e1569205235819-768x1024.jpg

She has been wearing skirts below the knee for a bit and she looks so happy! I also don't think she links the length of skirt = salvation (like some fundies we follow <coughNuriecough>). 

These sisters just amaze me. This family should be the textbook on how to "fundie". It seems like the parents have done a good job with their schooling and extracurricular (4-h), give the kids agency and give them wings.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

57 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

She has been wearing skirts below the knee for a bit and she looks so happy! I also don't think she links the length of skirt = salvation (like some fundies we follow <coughNuriecough>). 

These sisters just amaze me. This family should be the textbook on how to "fundie". It seems like the parents have done a good job with their schooling and extracurricular (4-h), give the kids agency and give them wings.

But she was still in frumpers and the slimness makes this skirt look so short! I am amazed by the girls. It was insane to look at the blog and see all the jeans!

• Upvote 3

The Richardsons are great. They seem to have found the formula for raising kind, hardworking, successful kids while still staying true to their Christian beliefs, homeschooling, etc. They did this by:

- not abusing or hitting or starving their kids

- encouraging their individual interests

- living their own values as an example

- letting their kids make their own decisions, and trusting them to do things like travel and get higher education as they got older

- not having their older kids parent the younger ones

- exposing their kids to the outside world and a variety of people

As a result, they have 9 happy kids, who are either independent or on their way to being independent. And as far as we know, all 9 are still Christian! I’m sure that some of the other families we follow would find it utterly remarkable that you can raise good Christian kids without abusing or brainwashing them. And I’m quite certain that if one of their kids turned out to not be Christian, or straight, or whatever, they would continue to love them and accept them because they have been exposed to enough people to know that being different is okay. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

I think what the Richardson parents did right was: listening to their children. IIRC one of the girls was depressed and struggling. She said she discussed things with her parents. I don't recall the specifics of what the parents did but soon after the girls started doing their own things and exploring careers. I suspect she told the parents that she was feeling caged as a SAHD and they encouraged (or at least allowed her) to look to the wider world. In any case I think a lot of fundie parents could take a lesson from this (looking at you Steve Maxwell).

• Upvote 13

• 2 weeks later...

This is such a nice thing to hear. Besides Rebecca Eleventy I think the Seven Sisters are the most genuine fundies we have discussed. I would even call them 'pure of heart'

Isn't it really hard to become an airline pilot? This is an amazing acomplishment. She looks so grown up and professional in that suit. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Jessica is taking a break from flight school due to illness. I hope it works out okay. Their family seems to have terrible luck with health.

• Sad 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Jessica is taking a break from flight school due to illness. I hope it works out okay. Their family seems to have terrible luck with health.

That sucks. I saw her laying on the couch during Christmas and just assumed she was exhausted. 

2 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Oh no, that's so frustrating for her! Hope she recovers well soon

• I Agree 4

So, uh, where are you all seeing these updates? The blog hasn't been updated in a long time.

I'm hoping the answer isn't only Facebook as I don't have it, and I do have a soft spot for these ladies. They're just so sweet and open.

• Upvote 2

A few of the girls have public Instagram profiles.  Poor Jessica and Susannah!  They both got hit really hard with the illnesses this past season... Hopefully being home for mama to care for them will help them both!  

• Upvote 2

Thanks! We can post public Instagram accounts here, yes? Sometimes people seem reluctant to name them and then I have to hunt around on Google for people with common names. (It's a hard life.)

Jessica is @jolly.jessica and Susannah is @suzyq.joy

Also, Leah has a chalkboard business with a public Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thelavenderslate/

Very pretty stuff!

Edited by PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea
Found Leah's chalkboard business

On 12/27/2019 at 12:59 PM, NachosFlandersStyle said:

She got the flu and missed too much of the class. She is signed up for the next group. She was allowed to keep her course material so she can continue to study. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3