IGNORED

Maxwell 34: Vest Management While Climbing a 14er

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, louannems said:

I'm wondering if the police just dump homemade treats right into the trash.  I can't imagine in this day and age they would be allowed to eat homemade food. Even the hospital I worked at had a rule about no homemade food, store bought only.

I would imagine the cops are hesitant about accepting treats from strangers, what if those brownies were pot filled or the cookies were laced with cyanide

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, louannems said:

I'm wondering if the police just dump homemade treats right into the trash.  I can't imagine in this day and age they would be allowed to eat homemade food. Even the hospital I worked at had a rule about no homemade food, store bought only.

There’s probably one cop who will eat anything but will only eat one of the Maxwells. The rest of the cookies will get tossed in a couple weeks when someone in the station’s tired of looking at them. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

There’s probably one cop who will eat anything but will only eat one of the Maxwells.

?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

This entire police-cookie business is utterly ridiculous. However, I wonder why the police even came to the house? I wonder if they thought this was some sort of attack... I personally do not think they showed up out of politeness, but they thought there was something sinister going on. Who in the hell asks ANYONE to come pick up a gift basket they weren’t even expecting or asking for, let alone tie up your town’s law enforcement just because you don’t want to leave your house. I suspect Teri and Steve didn’t want the girls to go and fraternize with any hunky young cops, even if accompanied them and/or Jesse. They don’t want to give those girls ANY agency to be around the opposite sex, no matter how innocent the circumstances are. I know there are female officers of course, but Steve and Teri do not want to risk the girls feeling like they can actually go out for the purpose of speaking to men. It’s sad.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 4

37 minutes ago, VVV said:

?

Um...I must’ve gotten distracted while typing! ??‍♀️????

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

On 1/15/2020 at 11:19 PM, freejugar said:

It's Jan. 16th. At this point who cares what you did in xmas 3 weeks ago?

I don't get why they take so long to post things

Well to be fair, they do have a health crisis with a pregnant woman going on.

• Upvote 14

3 hours ago, dripcurl said:

Also, I really am saddened that they are proud of the fact that Mary has not gotten a new coat since her early teens.

I wear coats for a long time too. But not from early teens to early 20s. The sizing would be pretty different for a lot of people. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, dripcurl said:

Also, I really am saddened that they are proud of the fact that Mary has not gotten a new coat since her early teens.

They only seem to buy Eddie Bauer and those coats do last forever.  So do Lands' End and LL Bean coats.  I bought my Lands' End winter coat in 2005 and it still looks new!

Or maybe they're bragging about Mary not gaining any weight since her early teens?  But that's more if a JillRod thing.

Edited by louannems
  • Upvote 13

11 hours ago, dripcurl said:

I suspect Teri and Steve didn’t want the girls to go and fraternize with any hunky young cops, even if accompanied them and/or Jesse. 

Same. At least one of those girls has to have a decent sex drive, and I imagine is side eyeing Teri and Steve at times like this. "I had one chance this year to see some attractive men my age other than my own brother and you pulled this? You fucking kidding me with this shit?"

Steve Maxwell, World Champion Cock Blocker. 

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Same. At least one of those girls has to have a decent sex drive, and I imagine is side eyeing Teri and Steve at times like this. "I had one chance this year to see some attractive men my age other than my own brother and you pulled this? You fucking kidding me with this shit?"

Steve Maxwell, World Champion Cock Blocker. 

Although if this were the issue Steve or Teri could have dropped the cookies off alone.  

• Upvote 13

Story about a coat lasting a long time. I had a friend from elementary through high school who’s mother had the same winter coat for years. In fact a few years after we graduated from high school I ran into her mother at a store. I knew it was her because of her coat. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Although if this were the issue Steve or Teri could have dropped the cookies off alone.  

Steve and Teri may have the same issue with hunky male cops. You never know.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 10

5 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Well to be fair, they do have a health crisis with a pregnant woman going on.

Plus two other pregnant women in the family too who both have young children.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Story about a coat lasting a long time. I had a friend from elementary through high school who’s mother had the same winter coat for years. In fact a few years after we graduated from high school I ran into her mother at a store. I knew it was her because of her coat. 

Are you my friend? My mom, nearing 90! still rocks clothes from the 70s, and damn if they aren’t in pristine condition. She knows fabric and laundry like none-other, LOL. She guards her machine and clothing line with her life.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

19 hours ago, dripcurl said:

I know there are female officers of course, but Steve and Teri do not want to risk the girls feeling like they can actually go out for the purpose of speaking to men. It’s sad.

They might be just as wary of letting them see female cops.  Next thing ya know the three of 'em are down at the police station filling out job applications!  Oh my!

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

My coats from my early teens would still fit me at almost 30, but they were unwearable a long time ago.  Zippers get broken, fabric gets stained, those cute faux fur bits get stained and nasty.  I don't know, am I not thrifty enough in that area?  Well, maybe.

• Upvote 3

Ehh... the Mary coat thing doesn't bug me. Any expensive winter coat purchased for a 13 year old would have been bought with at least a little room to grow, and the women in this family seem to stay fairly close in size upon maturity. I own quite a few garments from my early-mid teens, and they fit just fine. (And I'm no willow.)

Once again, with the Maxwankers, the weird part isn't that a young woman in a large family kept a coat for nearly a decade, it's the fact that they clearly felt that this was newsworthy. You can just tell from the way that Sarah mentioned it in the caption that the coat was a TOPIC in the family, probably for months.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

The coat doesn't bother me. My husband has a winter coat from his high school days and he is 40. It is an old Columbia coat. He has a few other winter coats and ski coats but he still wears the old one a few times every winter. I used to hate the coat because I thought it was ugly but it has grown on me over the years. I think we have gotten rid of the last of his old shirts from high school a couple of years ago. I also convinced him to get rid of his suit his mom bought him for his high school graduation since he has several other nicer ones. 

• Upvote 8

It just dawned on me that my winter dress coat is at least twenty years old and I’ve had it over a third of my life.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

I hope that she was able to pick out the coat herself and they just wrapped it for her. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I hope that she was able to pick out the coat herself and they just wrapped it for her. 

That would be the logical assumption. Therefore, we know it can't be true.

Granted, these people do a lot of unnecessary shit for public show, but I tend to think that she wouldn't have been photographed trying on the coat if she'd already picked it out. My assumption is that they "prayerfully" shopped for coats for 3 years in an effort to secure the best sale price possible, and got the coat they wanted to give to her based solely on whatever value metric they use for things that qualify for the line item  "Female Seasonal Outerwear Textiles [REVERSAL]".

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Happy Birthday Poor Sarah.  This year the post isn't so nasty, still boring though.

With such difficult circumstances surrounding AM’s health, I’m glad Teri didn’t go low with her birthday post again this year. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

On 1/17/2020 at 6:24 PM, nausicaa said:

At least one of those girls has to have a decent sex drive, and I imagine is side eyeing Teri and Steve at times like this. "I had one chance this year to see some attractive men my age other than my own brother and you pulled this? You fucking kidding me with this shit?"

This. Even if they are Maxwells and are probably kept blissfully unaware of anything concerning sweet fellowship, surely at least one of the "girls" must be curious. They do have the same hormones everyone else has, even if that doesn't suit with Steve's world view, and seeing attractive men (or women, God forbid!) must cause some reactions in them.

Those poor girls, getting the same urges we all get, and being able to do nothing about them, just pray them away and happily continue dusting the cabinets...

Edited by LurkerOverThePond
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic