IGNORED

Maxwell 34: Vest Management While Climbing a 14er

Coconut Flan

40 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I was just thinking of the mention above of Thanksgiving 2020 with just the spinster aunts. One of those women has to get married. It will be pathetic by next year.

I think the only way a Maxwell daughter would get married would involve first an escape and then meeting someone in the real world. Not going to hold my breath on that.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

On 11/29/2019 at 10:22 AM, MamaJunebug said:

Slightly changing direction: somehow I’m now FB following Grace Maher — sister-in-law of Nathan Max via his marriage to Melanie Maher — and she is class-y while also apparently doing moderately well in the Nashville music scene. 

I devoutly hope her Maxwell nieces know her and get to spend time with her. What a great role model for the ABC’s to be able to see a young woman living an unfettered life! 

Let's not forget Grace and Mel's sister Anna who went to college and is a nurse. She also lived both with Grace and on her own before marrying. There were pictures of Anna's nursing school graduation party online somewhere at one point and Mel's girls were there. They've also been spotted at one of Mel's brother's wedding which included both drinking and dancing.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

So, I just read Anna Marie's post about cooking beans in the Instant Pot. The only thing I could think of reading it is the witch from Into the Woods rapping about beans being stolen. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

New post on gift giving suggestions— Moody Books and a full run down of their full canon, available now. Are book reviews easy to find on FJ? Curious on some of the content. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/2/2019 at 12:33 PM, freethemall said:

That house must just stink of endless farts.

Can that be the next thread title - House of A Thousand Holy Farts? 

Paging @Coconut Flan!  ? ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

I want to applaud Anne Marie M. She clearly has an idea about decent nutrition. She also shows good writing skills. She should scribe a cookbook.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, fundiewatch said:

New post on gift giving suggestions— Moody Books and a full run down of their full canon, available now. Are book reviews easy to find on FJ? Curious on some of the content. 

I don't know easy it would be to find reviews of the Moody books here, but they do exist.  I think I can sum them up in a few words:  They suck!  They're badly written and Sara's sheltering and poor education really shine through.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

59 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I want to applaud Anne Marie M. She clearly has an idea about decent nutrition. She also shows good writing skills. She should scribe a cookbook.

I have to say the navy bean soup and cornbread looks very tasty. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

True, at least her children are getting more than burritos and don't have a mom who is too lazy to make a salad.

• Upvote 14

They need to get some new content to sell, because they just keep peddling the same books over and over again. All their readers probably already have all those books. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Somebody needs to get knocked up or engaged. They are even boring themselves lately.

Both Elissa and Anna Marie are expecting (due in January/February and February respectively). It's a little soon for Melanie (Deborah is only 7 months, so based on her spacing I wouldn't expect an announcement for a year or more, if she even gets pregnant again). We don't have baby gaps to make predictions for Chelsy but Axton is over 10 months so Chelsy could theoretically announce soon. 

I'm not holding my breath waiting for an engagement. 

• Upvote 9

For all we know Jesse might be engaged, but since they don't announce engagements on the blog anymore we won't know until after the wedding.  Darn it.

I wonder if Anna Marie will become a regular poster one of these days.

• Upvote 7

The post was written by Sarah but she didn’t even bother to change the pronoun here:

“My Delight is a powerful book that grew from my own experience of being married for 45 years and mentoring ladies for over 15.”

Then a paragraph or two later she refers to her own children’s books. That might really confuse some people as to who wrote what, because everyone knows that Sarah has never and will never be married.

If only there was a person who could look over blog posts/books and make sure that simple, egregious mistakes like this didn’t happen. Someone like, oh, an editor.......

(I suppose Steve thinks they don’t need one as FJ serves that purpose. I bet within a day or two that pronoun will change just because I pointed it out here,)

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

8 hours ago, Bethella said:

Both Elissa and Anna Marie are expecting (due in January/February and February respectively).

Forgot! That's how boring they've been ?

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

For all we know Jesse might be engaged,

True, but he probably has to save the rent to equal the value of his house adjusted for inflation or something similarly crazy! LOL.

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

I wonder if Anna Marie will become a regular poster one of these days.

It's a tad better written when she does, but not terribly exciting, even by Maxwell standards.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

I can’t seem to share a link, but Leavenworth County Emergency Management has some nice pictures on their Facebook page. 

It seems Married Anna took her kids to their office for a little field trip yesterday. I think it’s really neat that they got to do that and that they took cookies to the workers. No snark from me on this. I have tried to share screen shots:

edit: I tried to put all the photos under a spoiler but one jumped out. Is that allowed? Off to read guidelines again. 

Spoiler

8A2600D2-15FB-4AF2-B0B7-0D63E94DF906.thumb.jpeg.aad2c560f4a98d1933a5093d9563188e.jpegA5E35D94-2FC9-407C-B70C-053015E2E412.thumb.jpeg.b8d9d0daedbaa4d5101308d3fde82d36.jpegC750ECB8-8092-4EA2-96C0-418F14D8C2C3.thumb.jpeg.c1ff2cc8c6d4051661f4b7c7b9dc3639.jpeg2A2C2214-24B9-4095-8CCD-D6025C6225DA.thumb.jpeg.8140c4f34a45388654667348f42e5b58.jpeg8BD125B2-98F0-474B-BE2F-9EFBF5C1D2B2.thumb.jpeg.20cb055e5d29f709c54e719dc5752987.jpegC539D797-62DD-40A2-80B9-887A1FDC3499.thumb.jpeg.0dc1277b63051b463fae5182251641c9.jpeg

8A84F5E2-E9BF-4D36-AF77-7EFBDD51E7C1.jpeg

Edited by usmcmom
Adjust photos
  • Upvote 14
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

23 hours ago, scoutsadie said:
On 12/2/2019 at 9:33 AM, freethemall said:

That house must just stink of endless farts.

Can that be the next thread title - House of A Thousand Holy Farts? 

Paging @Coconut Flan!  ? ?

Added to the list.  

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

edit: I tried to put all the photos under a spoiler but one jumped out. Is that allowed? Off to read guidelines again. 

Yes one even two not under the spoiler is fine.  :)

• Upvote 5

That must have been a fun field trip for the Maxkids.

Dare I hope they saw some female staff at the office, and not just this guy and Chuck?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Chuck and I had a little surprise in our office yesterday…..actually five little surprises!  The Maxwell children dropped by with a plate of homemade cookies, handmade cards and some Christmas cheer for our office.  Joshua, the oldest is quite the little expert when it comes to outdoor warning sirens, so we invited him and his siblings to help us sound the sirens for our monthly test.  Thank you guys for all your help!                                                                                                                         So if Joshua has a talent for emergency weather services and wants to work in that field when he grows up, are his parents gonna squash that dream too just like Prissy Chris wanting to be an EMT?

Edited by SPHASH
I hate my phone!
  • Upvote 10
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 1

On 12/4/2019 at 11:59 PM, Bethella said:

Both Elissa and Anna Marie are expecting (due in January/February and February respectively). It's a little soon for Melanie (Deborah is only 7 months, so based on her spacing I wouldn't expect an announcement for a year or more, if she even gets pregnant again). We don't have baby gaps to make predictions for Chelsy but Axton is over 10 months so Chelsy could theoretically announce soon. 

I'm not holding my breath waiting for an engagement. 

Am feeling it's time to get on with final speculation on names/sex/weights for Elissa's and Anna Marie's babies.  Can we do that on this thread or are we supposed to move to the baby name thread over in Duggarland now?

Make the fun stop! A SCRIPTURE MEMORY PARTY??

Nothing like an oral exam for fun.

Let us hope there were over-stuffed [by Maxwell standards] burritos at least to go with it. One cake for the whole darned "crew"? Not good enough.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

What was the reward Christopher had for those who recited?  C'mon Sarah, give us just a little more info., please?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

36 minutes ago, kpmom said:

What was the reward Christopher had for those who recited?  C'mon Sarah, give us just a little more info., please?

He and Annamarie were posing with a cake at the end with a bible quote. Maybe that was his reward? After all, Christopher does work hard teaching the children how to read scripture judging from Anna Marie's posts about how all of the techniques she uses.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

He and Annamarie were posing with a cake at the end with a bible quote. Maybe that was his reward? After all, Christopher does work hard teaching the children how to read scripture judging from Anna Marie's posts about how all of the techniques she uses.

Just like how he absolutely made the cake and piped the verse in icing. 

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Sequoia said:

Just like how he absolutely made the cake and piped the verse in icing. 

No kidding, do we know what Christopher does for a living? Other than take wedding photos? 

BTW I noticed in the first photo Chelsy had her hand on her belly. I keep looking at it and I think she is expecting, she just hasn't announced it yet. Is it me? Or is it just the way she is sitting?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic