• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
47of74

The Mandalorian

47of74
  • I Have Spoken.
  • This is the Way.

My two favorite sayings for the foreseeable future.

Particularly I have Spoken when dealing with fuck face fan boys.

Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing

“Until it is of age or reunited with its own kind, you are as its father. …This is the Way.”

”You are a clan of two.”

My little cold, black, shriveled up heart just can’t take it!

47of74

I'm really liking Season 2 so far.  Episode 3 is my favorite episode of the bunch so far.  Important pro tip in the spoiler.

Spoiler

It is not a good idea to lock people in the cargo control area.

Flossie

PTV has a fairly active forum on The Mandalorian, although the group culture is different.  Thread drift discouraged, except in the Small Talk areas of each shows forums, and no political discussion except when discussing shows that actually have a political theme or episode.

I thought S2E2 was the worst.  Spiders, so so many spiders, and even the babies were large!  Mama was bigger than the ship!  And Baby Yoda kept eating Frog Lady's eggs, not cool at all.  But that was mostly the fault of the two adults not taking proper care of the travel cylinder or watching Baby carefully.  Good thing Mrs. Frog was apparently able to lay more eggs during her soak in the hot springs.  Worst episode so far, for me.

I didn't realize that S2E3 would be pretty much part 2 of the spiders episode.  Mr. Frog must have jumped (snicker) right on fertilizing those eggs!  I can't say the little tadpole was all that cute, but it's parents seemed pretty taken with it.  Not sure if Baby was so interested because he finally realized that the eggs were the Frog parents potential offspring, but at least he didn't try to eat it.  Mando shouldn't have referred to Baby or the tadpole as 'pets', though.  They're both sentient beings, after all.

I loved the reconverted Imperial walker used to fish his ship out of the water when he slid off the landing pad.

Who knew that Mando is basically considered Mandalorian Fundy?  I guess people who watched the Clone Wars knew, but I didn't.  I didn't realize the three other Mandalorians he found had prominent roles in the Clone Wars series, so I didn't really trust them at first.  I kinda still don't, since they weren't honest with Mando when they talked him into helping them take over the Imperial ship transporting the weapons.

Mando is making things harder for himself by wearing that beskar armor.  I know it's traditional, stronger, and pretty to look at, but since the Empire confiscated all the beskar they could find, it's now incredibly valuable.  He won't cover it up, though.  It would be like denying who he was, who his clan were, and their shared beliefs.

47of74
1 hour ago, Flossie said:

I thought S2E2 was the worst.  Spiders, so so many spiders, and even the babies were large!  Mama was bigger than the ship!  And Baby Yoda kept eating Frog Lady's eggs, not cool at all.  But that was mostly the fault of the two adults not taking proper care of the travel cylinder or watching Baby carefully.  Good thing Mrs. Frog was apparently able to lay more eggs during her soak in the hot springs.  Worst episode so far, for me.

Who knew that Mando is basically considered Mandalorian Fundy?  I guess people who watched the Clone Wars knew, but I didn't.  I didn't realize the three other Mandalorians he found had prominent roles in the Clone Wars series, so I didn't really trust them at first.  I kinda still don't, since they weren't honest with Mando when they talked him into helping them take over the Imperial ship transporting the weapons.

Yeah good thing Indiana Jones wasn't along or it would have been a bunch of snakes.  I know his father didn't like rats.  Didn't someone else really, really dislike spiders in that series?  Mutt, perhaps?

With Baby Yoda having a 2.5 year old niece I actually recognize some of the behavior there because I see it in my niece.  But if the terrible 50s are a thing among his species Mando might be in for a wild ride.  

I actually kind of figured before the episode aired that there were different groups in Mandalorian society of varying degrees of observance and that at least Mando's group was on the fundy side of the spectrum.  Not too much different than here on Earth where in just about every religion there are varying degrees of observance. 

47of74

I know this is from January, but I just saw it today.  And may I saw, AWWWWWWWWW