IGNORED

Duggar Business Investigated by Homeland Security 2

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, welshdoll said:

I can relate. I was diagnosed as having Manic Depression (Bipolar) 25 years ago. Which is COMPLETELY different from Autism, of course, but there’s a stigma that comes with having anything that makes one Different. To tell? To not tell? I had long debates with myself and with my doctor. I informed my boss because I had to take lunch at specific times to see my therapist.  I had to quit because my boss told the manager who told my coworkers; the situation became untenable. I was treated very badly by some, treated as if mental illness was catching by others, and treated like I was suddenly dim by everybody. My next boss was very professional and did not treat me as Other once I told her about it. I’m now comfortable with living with Bipolar, so I’m very open about it, even on my social media. But that was a personal decision about how to deal with my differences. No two people’s experiences are the same. Good luck with your process, @BernRul and with your decisions, and hang in there!

You don't know how badly I needed to hear that today. Thank you. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 17

On 12/5/2019 at 4:11 PM, Cleopatra7 said:

I think a lot of pro-lifers must unknowingly believe in the ancient preformation theory that says that the semen contains a fully formed but microscopic human that just needs a womb to form into a full term baby:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preformationism

Interestingly, under this view, women didn’t contribute anything to the baby’s makeup, which meant that mothers had no biological or legal claim to their own children. I think a lot of the assumptions that stem from preformationism are still lurking around today, which is why so many people find it easy to believe that a  fertilized egg looks like a very tiny baby. If you believe preformationism, it also makes sense to believe that male mastrubation is wrong, since the spilled semen literally contains a fully formed baby. 

That's interesting.  Especially since women were blamed for not producing a male child.

• Upvote 8

9 hours ago, Beermeet said:

That's interesting.  Especially since women were blamed for not producing a male child.

I had a friend who was pregnant with her first child when I explained to her that the sex of the baby was determined by the father.  She was astounded to hear that men produced both male and female sperm.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 10

On 1/30/2020 at 1:23 PM, Flossie said:

I had a friend who was pregnant with her first child when I explained to her that the sex of the baby was determined by the father.  She was astounded to hear that men produced both male and female sperm.

How did she think girls are made?

• Upvote 6

On 12/5/2019 at 12:45 PM, singsingsing said:

Ah yes, the human form:

80DD7744-7E0B-4F75-AD6E-85E024204A2F.jpeg.1e2680b64059b97d92218eb4f7077170.jpeg

Eh, Venus of Willendorf could give it a run for its money. Except 3 day old humans don’t have hooters or tasteful caps

71B7E062-D68F-4060-8F84-199397FDF3EF.jpeg

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

How did she think girls are made?

I never asked.  I think she thought that once a woman got pregnant, the baby started out kind of like a Kewpie doll and somewhere along the line the mother's body made it develop into a boy or a girl.  I was more astounded that she seemed to think that the asshole who impregnated her would come back if she had a boy.  He'd said something about he didn't want to waste his time with someone stupid enough to get pregnant, unless she was smart enough to give him a son.

She was pretty messed up, but since she dropped out of high school in the ninth grade and was pregnant at 16, it was understandable.  Her parents were busy playing games with each other after their bitter divorce, and all the kids were kind of hanging around raising themselves.  I'm surprised they turned out as good as they eventually did.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 1