IGNORED

Duggar Business Investigated by Homeland Security 2

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

There has! My friend had a child in week 26 a few years ago and he is a healthy little boy now, he has a little asthma and is a bit shorter then avarage but otherwise he’s fine. He was really tiny at birth. It’s amazing what they can do. I’m sorry about Katherine! ♥️

To the bolded, I agree.  @PennySycamore I think you are a wonderful person that I wish I could meet IRL.  I feel like it's such a privilege that you feel comfortable sharing your beautiful daughter's legacy on this forum when you do.  ❤️ Pook

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 12

As pregnancy is measured from the first day of LMP and fertilization doesn't even happen until week 2-3, a model of a pregnancy at one week's gestation would literally be an ovarian follicle and at three week's gestation a pre-implanted blastocyst (based on a 28 day cycle). By the terminology we use to date pregnancies, every menstruating person is two weeks pregnant every single month. 

• Upvote 16
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, indianabones said:

They did post an Instagram live video yesterday showing off the contents of their fridge!

Those what’s in my bag/fridge videos are surprisingly successful. I am still baffled but that’s the reality we live in. 

• Upvote 6

22 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

Also, the post says models of 3week gestation??? Even fake models wouldn’t even have that andvthese ones for sale are 11 weeks.

Read the post again. It says the "human form is clearly visible after THREE DAYS GESTATION.

They are wrong, wrong, wrong!!

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Read the post again. It says the "human form is clearly visible after THREE DAYS GESTATION.

At my 8 week ultrasound (6 weeks gestation) my daughter looked like a little football with a heartbeat. No head or limbs discernible to me. Complete BS about human form being visible after 3 days unless they consider an embryo to be human form. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

38 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Ah yes, the human form:

80DD7744-7E0B-4F75-AD6E-85E024204A2F.jpeg.1e2680b64059b97d92218eb4f7077170.jpeg

I'm surprised at the lack of classical artwork detailing this stage of the human form. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Ah yes, the human form:

80DD7744-7E0B-4F75-AD6E-85E024204A2F.jpeg.1e2680b64059b97d92218eb4f7077170.jpeg

And this is three days after fertilization! Three days “gestation” would be...a menstruating uterus? 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I missed that! Ha! Im  thinking definitely a troll... 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, LittleOwl said:

I'm surprised at the lack of classical artwork detailing this stage of the human form. 

I now have a very strong urge to do a water color piece of this thing, probably cause I'm procrastinating on a quiz I need to study for

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I think a lot of pro-lifers must unknowingly believe in the ancient preformation theory that says that the semen contains a fully formed but microscopic human that just needs a womb to form into a full term baby:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preformationism

Interestingly, under this view, women didn’t contribute anything to the baby’s makeup, which meant that mothers had no biological or legal claim to their own children. I think a lot of the assumptions that stem from preformationism are still lurking around today, which is why so many people find it easy to believe that a  fertilized egg looks like a very tiny baby. If you believe preformationism, it also makes sense to believe that male mastrubation is wrong, since the spilled semen literally contains a fully formed baby. 

Edited by Cleopatra7
  • Upvote 17
  • WTF 8
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Good God, I take a break for a few weeks thinking nothing will happen and come back to another possible scandal. Crazy!!

I hope I'm right in thinking this will more likely than not be something to do with their sketchy finances or business practices; the alternative options are all horrible.

• Upvote 5

Do the Duggars seem a tad quiet (for them on their FB page) or is it my imagination?   Yeah, they have posted about births but very little else after saying they didn't know what the investigations were about.   

• I Agree 1

@Peaches-n-Beans it’s actually really common to get watercolors of your embryo pictures! Tons of people on Etsy will do custom ones if you send a picture of yours. Some people do them to remember a failed transfer, others do them with embryos that implant and make it to birth. 

Its absolutely absurd to think about someone hanging a random embryo picture on their tree. But in my experience, if you’re at the point where you are holding a picture of your embryo, it’s the most beautiful, astonishing thing to see. 

My 5 day embryo was implanted on what would have been 2 weeks 5 days. Implantation occurred over the next couple days and beta levels tested at 4 weeks 1 day and 3 days. Even knowing exact dates, they don’t bother looking for a sac until the 5th week which is 2 weeks after implantation.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

On 12/5/2019 at 7:11 PM, Cleopatra7 said:

I think a lot of pro-lifers must unknowingly believe in the ancient preformation theory that says that the semen contains a fully formed but microscopic human that just needs a womb to form into a full term baby:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preformationism

Interestingly, under this view, women didn’t contribute anything to the baby’s makeup, which meant that mothers had no biological or legal claim to their own children. I think a lot of the assumptions that stem from preformationism are still lurking around today, which is why so many people find it easy to believe that a  fertilized egg looks like a very tiny baby. If you believe preformationism, it also makes sense to believe that male mastrubation is wrong, since the spilled semen literally contains a fully formed baby. 

That would explain why one of the dipshits on TLC’s Unexpected said, “The sperm makes the baby”

Also if women contribute nothing to the baby then birth control shouldn’t be a problem!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

That would explain why one of the dipshits on TLC’s Unexpected said, “The sperm makes the baby”

Also if women contribute nothing to the baby then birth control shouldn’t be a problem!

That show is such a trainwreck but I love it okay. I've been alone at home a lot lately and have been alternating between Unexpected and the Walking Dead for the last few days. 

My favorite is "I had no idea it was so easy to get pregnant" while they're the 3rd generation of teen parent. Like yeesh talk to your kids people.  How has no one else in their family learned this

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

Just now, Peaches-n-Beans said:

That show is such a trainwreck but I love it okay. I've been alone at home a lot lately and have been alternating between Unexpected and the Walking Dead for the last few days. 

My favorite is "I had no idea it was so easy to get pregnant" while they're the 3rd generation of teen parent. Like yeesh talk to your kids people.  How has no one else in their family learned this

My favorite line was “She has post traumatic Down syndrome or something.”

I agree that it’s baffling that so many of the girls on this show have that attitude. 

• WTF 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, HarryPotterFan said:

My favorite line was “She has post traumatic Down syndrome or something.”

I agree that it’s baffling that so many of the girls on this show have that attitude. 

Yessss that totally reminded me of the This American Life episode where they had listeners send in their story of othe first time they tried pot. One of the guys was at a baseball game, ate a pot brownie, and started freaking out because he was sure he had Adult Onset Down Syndrome and "People live their whole lives very successfully with down Syndrome, but I just got it!" 

That said that kid (Matthew?) Is an idiot. like of all the boyfriends I hate him and Max the most

The one with five generations of teen parents is mostly just sad. Like jesus christ talk to your children, get them something better then the pill.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3
  • Love 1

On 12/4/2019 at 7:43 AM, OhNoNike said:

If I recall correctly, those little figures are somewhat embellished to look “more baby” like in the early stages, too (so they are more relatable, I guess?)

Well whatta ya know?  They even come in different skin tones.  Now, many years ago I had occasion to see many babies born, and most seem to be born of similar tone, even full term.  Sigh.

Hide contents

C41FD6E9-D852-42E7-92D8-B03BA592AC24.thumb.png.446ac9e8078f6b34138d1ce90c79a1e7.png

OMG , I kid you not , at this one Nazarene church I had attended , there was someone passing one each of these out to all present .  They look like little dolls , and so children especially can get indoctrinated from an early age to view abortion to be the murder of unborn babies .  We were never even informed that the vast majority of abortions occur so early in the pregnancy that what gets terminated is no more than a zygote .  Ah yes , FreeJinger never fails to elicit memories from my churchgoing past .  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:30 PM, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Yessss that totally reminded me of the This American Life episode where they had listeners send in their story of othe first time they tried pot. One of the guys was at a baseball game, ate a pot brownie, and started freaking out because he was sure he had Adult Onset Down Syndrome and "People live their whole lives very successfully with down Syndrome, but I just got it!" 

That said that kid (Matthew?) Is an idiot. like of all the boyfriends I hate him and Max the most

The one with five generations of teen parents is mostly just sad. Like jesus christ talk to your children, get them something better then the pill.

yessss - I have a love/hate relationship with that show. I'm fascinated because it's SUCH a trainwreck. Max is all time ass - he is just a horrible human being to her and his parents. His dad is really nice though and I think just wants what is best for all involved (but is being fed misinformation from Max). 
And Matthew - LORD don't get me started on that boy. They hadn't even KISSED when they got pregnant. Like - WTF? Just jump in with both feet why don't you?

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2019 at 4:44 PM, BernRul said:

I am weighing how honest to be about myself and it's been a long complicated process.

I can relate. I was diagnosed as having Manic Depression (Bipolar) 25 years ago. Which is COMPLETELY different from Autism, of course, but there’s a stigma that comes with having anything that makes one Different. To tell? To not tell? I had long debates with myself and with my doctor. I informed my boss because I had to take lunch at specific times to see my therapist.  I had to quit because my boss told the manager who told my coworkers; the situation became untenable. I was treated very badly by some, treated as if mental illness was catching by others, and treated like I was suddenly dim by everybody. My next boss was very professional and did not treat me as Other once I told her about it. I’m now comfortable with living with Bipolar, so I’m very open about it, even on my social media. But that was a personal decision about how to deal with my differences. No two people’s experiences are the same. Good luck with your process, @BernRul and with your decisions, and hang in there!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 18