IGNORED

Duggar Business Investigated by Homeland Security 2

Coconut Flan

So it seems all we know for certain is that the Feds searched/raided Wholesale Motorcars.  I've just looked at photos of the location and, aside from the cars,  there is nothing there but a rundown trailer with a sign that says "no cash, no titles, no keys".  

I can only think of two options. The Duggars are possibly doing something illegal relative to the vehicles.  Or the feds are interested in a computer or computers in the trailer.

See this link about a federal indictment that came down earlier this month against an Iowa dealership.

https://www.kwqc.com/content/news/Quad-Cities-auto-dealership-owners-and-other-indicted-on-federal-charges-for-defrauding-customers-565178992.html

The federal indictment says Bradley McCorkle and Isaac Bell would roll back the mileage on the cars and in some cases by more than a 100,00 miles. Court documents said ads listed the cars for sale on Craigslist with the tampered miles, misleading the would-be buyers. Derek Martinez is accused of advertising on Craigslist. Ten cars are listed in the indictment.

Something like this would be right up the Duggars' alley.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 9

Were there vehicles on the lot just before the HSI arrived...like a few days before?

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, adidas said:

Harry Wormwood would be proud. 

My first thought when I read about the investigation, I wonder if they put sawdust in the engine. 

Matilda was my favourite book. 

• Upvote 25
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, scoutsadie said:

Re: the use of the term "sex pest" for Josh, I've also seen it used a lot on Reddit.

It originated in (I think) the British tabloid The Daily Mail, which regularly refers to Josh as a "sex pest." 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Glasgowghirl said:

My first thought when I read about the investigation, I wonder if they put sawdust in the engine. 

Matilda was my favourite book. 

It was the bad influence of gangs in Andy Griffith 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sex pest is definitely a British term. We (in the US) usually just say perv.

Or creepy. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Coco said:

It was the bad influence of gangs in Andy Griffith 

I know this is a joke, but I can totally see JB blaming the Andy Griffin Show for leading his kids astray. Since the J’kids don’t play video games (that we know of) he has to blame the media somehow.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

So it seems all we know for certain is that the Feds searched/raided Wholesale Motorcars.  I've just looked at photos of the location and, aside from the cars,  there is nothing there but a rundown trailer with a sign that says "no cash, no titles, no keys".  

I can only think of two options. The Duggars are possibly doing something illegal relative to the vehicles.  Or the feds are interested in a computer or computers in the trailer.

See this link about a federal indictment that came down earlier this month against an Iowa dealership.

https://www.kwqc.com/content/news/Quad-Cities-auto-dealership-owners-and-other-indicted-on-federal-charges-for-defrauding-customers-565178992.html

Something like this would be right up the Duggars' alley.  

I wonder if it could even be something unrelated to the Duggar’s/ car dealership, but more to one of the cars or a purchaser / seller of a car? Maybe someone off loaded a car used in a serious crime and they are looking for evidence? Or a car purchased from the lot was identified in a crime and they were searching for the owners info?
Probably not, just a possibility. Used cars can have some history

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

I wonder if it could even be something unrelated to the Duggar’s/ car dealership, but more to one of the cars or a purchaser / seller of a car? Maybe someone off loaded a car used in a serious crime and they are looking for evidence? Or a car purchased from the lot was identified in a crime and they were searching for the owners info?
Probably not, just a possibility. Used cars can have some history

We know so little that anything is possible, but it would have to involve a federal crime.    

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I know this is a joke, but I can totally see JB blaming the Andy Griffin Show for leading his kids astray. Since the J’kids don’t play video games (that we know of) he has to blame the media somehow.

Oh I was totally serious ?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

The upsetting thing is if it does come to light that Josh, whether knowingly or unknowingly, got involved in a bad car deal the Duggar's will blame it on everything but themselves. If it really does involve cars, then Josh, most likely, is going to have to find another business to go into since it makes him look like an inadequate salesman. I really don't see an out for Josh and the other Duggars involved in car sales business as there are many questions that are going to be asked that I don't believe they will be able to answer. 

• Upvote 13

10 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

It originated in (I think) the British tabloid The Daily Mail, which regularly refers to Josh as a "sex pest." 

Yeah, someone mentioned that in the last thread, but I first saw it on Reddit. It works!

6 hours ago, BernRul said:

@amendgitan  <--- (ignore tag please)

She's been exposed to DC, where even the conservative Christian politicians are "liberal" compared to her. 

But don't forget that our Vice President refuses to be alone in a room with a woman other than his wife (practicing the "Billy Graham rule)...that's pretty hardcore.

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

The upsetting thing is if it does come to light that Josh, whether knowingly or unknowingly, got involved in a bad car deal the Duggar's will blame it on everything but themselves. If it really does involve cars, then Josh, most likely, is going to have to find another business to go into since it makes him look like an inadequate salesman. I really don't see an out for Josh and the other Duggars involved in car sales business as there are many questions that are going to be asked that I don't believe they will be able to answer. 

I think that would depend. For example, if it’s one car that was used to transport illegal drugs/guns/bomb making supplies/dead bodies - and then sold to a Duggar car lot, I don’t think anyone could blame them. Now if it’s a weekly occurrence, and they are selling  the cars for 10x bluebook value,  that might be a little tough to explain ??

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

The Duggar family lawyer, Travis Story Esq., is the ‘registered agent’ for Fivestone Group dba Wholesale Motorcars. Story and the family’s tax preparer, Jimmy Burns, are listed as the ‘officers’.  So no Duggars involved in ownership?  Not quite...the principal address for the business is the Duggars’ home address. ?

They’ve successfully taken Josh’s name off any company/property ownership, which they started to do when he first got into legal trouble.  But they can’t say they aren’t involved, because their fingerprints are still all over these things. And I don’t think their associates will take the fall for them.. they certainly wouldn’t return the favor.

Thanks to @Snarkasarus Rex I was able to do some snooping around.  I looked up Travis Story, the lawyer for the Dugger family.  

Lets start with 2015 when Josh and Anna's house was sold.  You can read about that at Daily Mail or at The Gospel Herald  which quotes the Daily Mail article. Travis Story registered the corporation, ALB Investments, LLC, the same day the house was sold see here.  

Fast forward to August, 2019 and you can read the Radar On Line article, regarding a separate property, owned by ALB, known as Josh Duggar's company. In this article, you can see where Travis Story, has not answered the question if he is a member of ALB Investments, LLC.  Here's a quote:  

When Plaintiff’s counsel asked Mr. Story by phone if he himself was a member of ALB Investments he refused to answer and stated he would have to speak to his client about that first. If Mr. Story is an agent or officer of ALB Investments then Plaintiff will need to call Mr. Story as a witness which means that Mr. Story has a conflict of interest.”

Let's take a step back to an unrelated story with some interesting information, Arkansas Times complaint against Medical Marijuana Commissioner, Travis Story.

Perhaps Mr. Story is at the center of the investigation?  

On another side note, but involving Mr. Story, did you know that he filed to intervene on the sister's lawsuit, Duggar Seeks To Join Lawsuit By Four Sisters? Unbelievable!!!  At least we know that did not get a pass, thankfully.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 18

@Flyinthesoupthanks for the link to the medical pot story.  Looks like his law partner is Rep. Bob Ballinger, whose campaign Jed worked on.  His son, Bobby Ballinger, is Austin’s brother in law. 

It could be that Story is the main target, but the Duggars are more than a wee bit close to these fine, upstanding citizens.

• Upvote 16

I wonder if it turns out to be not related to the Duggars after all if they will try to sue Homeland Security for the first announcement that they had been to the Duggar's house.

ETA, that just seems like a Duggary thing to do

Edited by Satan'sFortress
another thought
  • Upvote 16