IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10/11 4: Babies, Babies, Babies

Coconut Flan

13 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

You mean my favorite emoji, this one? ? :laughing-jumpingpurple:

opps I mean in the reaction vote bar but thats cool too 

• Upvote 1

I remember Michelle saying one time that she weaned at 3 months.

And I will forever think of Jed and Jer as Bert and Ernie from now on!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

If this footage was done at the end of 2019 before the November baby girls were born, then it makes sense why one of the twins went to see Jill and Derick at their home for Christmas. They could always go on their way to the "big house" and no one would be the wiser........

• Upvote 3

again - i watched the second hour and it was disturbing to see everything like they were a novelty when we know what we know. 

• Upvote 1

Michelle used to wean at 6 months but if she got pregnant sooner the baby usually self weaned ( probably because her supply tanked). She also commented at some point that her breast milk was "skim milk" and all her babies were skinny. Makes me wonder if she put them on a strict Enzo schedule and they weren't eating enough.  Also, in the first special Josh was shown talking with one of the little boys ( I believe James) who was having a temper tantrum and they implied that he was the buddy. 

• Upvote 9

If I were putting together some sort of sham house to be shown on television for my son's political career, I think I would give each of my adult sons their own sham bedroom...?

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 6

On one show M had Jackson leave the room because she was changing a little girl's diaper.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 10
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, wendy-sparkles said:

If I were putting together some sort of sham house to be shown on television for my son's political career, I think I would give each of my adult sons their own sham bedroom...?

And a couch, table, chairs 

• Upvote 14

12 hours ago, 3BluBs said:

I remember Michelle saying one time that she weaned at 3 months.

And I will forever think of Jed and Jer as Bert and Ernie from now on!

And what's funny....these dudes have NO idea who Bert and Ernie is ??I'll just wait here for my down votes?

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 8:50 PM, Italiangirl said:

So just for a recap, we have Joy pregnant and due in a month more or less, a couple of the howlers probably in a getting to know you phase almost ready to announce, nothing else? 

This season of Co is about the November babies and a little bit of COVID. 

I think we will see some kind of announcement probably pregnancy just before the end of the season and maybe a new courtship for the season finale. 

What do you think? 

I think there will be some sort of announcement at the end of the season; probably a courtship. It wasn't announced at the beginning because of Jinger. If she was photographed by the press in public then it would've been leaked and ruined the magazine deal so they had to announce the pregnancy before it was more obvious she is expecting. She has the miscarriage and reveals she's expecting again this season. 

Kendra became pregnant with Addison when Garrett was 8 months old, which is right around where Addison is now so if she continues the pattern she will be the next to announce in early autumn with GrandDuggar #20. Lauren will announce at the end of the year, Jessa in November/December (I guess she won't want a  huge gap between Ivy and #4 because of her closeness to Jinger when they were growing up). Abbie will possibly announce at the beginning of next year but it's difficult to tell because of her difficult pregnancy with Grace. Jill won't become pregnant again until Derrick finishes school. Anna will announce late next year.

Edited by jillsdopplerofdoom
  • Upvote 10

Per Duggar Data, Jessa will announce #4 on September 18th (though I think it'll take longer... 4 is getting kind of up there, and isn't their house pretty small?), Kendra will announce #3 September 20th, and Lauren will announce #2 on November 7th. No one else is due (well, Jill is 'late' for #3) for anything... but the post only went until November, so there's still December!

I do love data. ?

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

If anyone has ever read the "Counting On" recaps on "The Ashley's Reality Roundup" website,  Jed and Jer have been referred to as "The Fundie Beavis and Butthead" a few times. 

The recaps are hysterical, especially the captions under the included episode still photos.  

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

I'm still in the group that thinks Jessa and Ben can live at the house with 4 kids. Get two of those IKEA Kura beds for the kids room: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/kura-reversible-bed-white-pine-80253809/ with mattresses underneath and they are sorted for a while until they need to separate the boys and girls and separate rooms, at which point they'll need an extention or a new house. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Agreed @SorenaJ.  Besides, don't ya know that the Lord will provide??  They will find a place for every special blessing that comes along.  No need to think these things out.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Also Jessa has like 18 siblings working in construction so I’m sure they could build a bed like that IKEA bed, so the little kids could sleep on the bottom, and Spurgeon and Henry on the top. 

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, JMO said:

Agreed @SorenaJ.  Besides, don't ya know that the Lord will provide??  They will find a place for every special blessing that comes along.  No need to think these things out.

JB can always find a dump fixer-upper to buy for under $50,000-that man is like a magnet for cheap items.

And yes, they do have plenty of time, but having lived in a 3 bedroom home with 16 other people, and seeing the negatives that can occur in that type of environment, I’d think Jessa would have a plan, at least in her mind, in place.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Every time I hear Bert and Ernie I remember this: When we first moved into this neighborhood, I met my next door neighbor Bert while outside one day. He was nice, and we chatted briefly. But the next time I saw him, I called him Ernie by accident. He just laughed it off and said he was Bert, not Ernie. ?‍♀️ I felt so dumb. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 26
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Every time I hear Bert and Ernie I remember this: When we first moved into this neighborhood, I met my next door neighbor Bert while outside one day. He was nice, and we chatted briefly. But the next time I saw him, I called him Ernie by accident. He just laughed it off and said he was Bert, not Ernie. ?‍♀️ I felt so dumb. 

I use to confuse the 2, too. Bert’s head is shaped like an egg, which is really inconvenient because Ernie and Egg would have been a better prompt. Just remember Bert looks like Jeremy Vuolo...now, you’ll never unsee it! ?

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

Discussions of how many kidlets Jessa and Ben can fit in that house are giving me flashbacks to Emily of Under $1000 a Month

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

Discussions of how many kidlets Jessa and Ben can fit in that house are giving me flashbacks to Emily of Under $1000 a Month

That death trap apartment genuinely gave me nightmares. I’ve been worried about them ever since Emily disappeared from the internet.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

6 hours ago, adidas said:

That death trap apartment genuinely gave me nightmares. I’ve been worried about them ever since Emily disappeared from the internet.

Emily and Dna?  Never followed them at the time, but I've heard a lot about them.  Last I heard, they got divorced and Dna had custody of the kids.  No idea what happened to Emily, or if she was present in her kids' lives after that.  I think there was mention of the kids going to school.  

I saw some screenshots someone posted of him participating on some sort of poop/pee fetish website, but no way to be sure it was really him.  

They just seemed to have faded away.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, adidas said:

Actually, I grew up with a lot of kids in a very small house and it didn't bother me.
But I had flashbacks to the pre-reno Bates house. IIRC there was like an attic-type space where all of the boys had mattresses lined up on the floor. Talk about a death trap.

• Upvote 2

On 7/7/2020 at 10:31 PM, Anna Bolinas said:

I wonder if they ever realize that they are basically being made fun of when the producers ask them if they know who Elvis is or if they believe in aliens or if they can name any Greek gods. I guess Jeremy knows because he grew up in the real world, plus he relishes any opportunity to show off his Staggering Intellect, but I wonder if the rest of them understand. Like I guess their fans don't care, but for any viewers who watch it just to make fun of it or watch it because it's one of many tents on TLC (aka the Freakshow Channel), those questions are opportunities for us to either a) laugh at their ignorance or b) look at them with pity for being so dumb and not realizing it.

They do. I've seen either a Bates or a Duggars or both snap back at the dumb questions.

It's part of their "paycheck"

At least once recently I saw one be rather pleasantly surprised to get something right. It wasn't even a secular question, it was vocabulary.. I felt bad for that kid.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, patsymae said:

Actually, I grew up with a lot of kids in a very small house and it didn't bother me.
But I had flashbacks to the pre-reno Bates house. IIRC there was like an attic-type space where all of the boys had mattresses lined up on the floor. Talk about a death trap.

It wasn’t the number of kids or the size of the house. It was her hanging shelves with rope above a crib. Making ‘bunk beds’ where the lower level of the ‘bunk’ was a mattress shoved under the crib for a younger brother to sleep on. Having a crib next to blind cords. There were countless things that were potentially deadly. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, adidas said:

It wasn’t the number of kids or the size of the house. It was her hanging shelves with rope above a crib. Making ‘bunk beds’ where the lower level of the ‘bunk’ was a mattress shoved under the crib for a younger brother to sleep on. Having a crib next to blind cords. There were countless things that were potentially deadly. 

missed that, you are right. horror show.

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic