IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10/11 4: Babies, Babies, Babies

Coconut Flan

There is something suspicious about Jed and Jer's house. 

It has 3 bedrooms but they wanted to share one. There is no furniture except for a ping pong table, beds and a fully furnished office. The wardrobe is full. They have never attempted to even turn on the oven and have been returning to the TTH for meals. Jed literally said "this is the next spot for ME to go in life". He even gestures towards Jer when he talks about some preferring to live at the big house. They couldn't even throw some of that furniture the family hoards in that warehouse into the bachelor pad, even just for filming? 

It's almost as though they needed a cover story and a permanent address in the district Jed is attempting to run in.

Do not even get me started on that bullshit about any of the kids being allowed to move out whenever they want. The sons, maybe. 

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Season 11 Episode 3 "A Duggar Bachelor Pad" Part 1

Hide contents

We start off with footage of category 5 Hurricane Dorian hitting the Bahamas. John says that since the Duggars have experience with helping with disaster relief, they're flying down there to help out. Jeremiah talks about level of destruction. They brought in supplies and are helping in the Marsh Harbour area. Jason talks about how supplies were the most needed, especially water since "their water was pretty messed up." They claim to be working with approval of the local government/NEMA and helped transport people who need medical care. Jana, Laura, and Abbie are there to "help assist the guys that working hard out on the ground." John says that doing relief work shows him how this can happen to anyone.

At Jessa & Ben's, they're preparing to visit some friends in Kansas City. It will be their first road trip with 3 kids. The drive is 3 and a half hours, so they're hoping the kids nap through the trip. Some of the important tips for a road trip is to bring snacks and have the kids stay in their PJs, in case they make a mess. They'll change into their regular outfits when they get to their destination. They sing Amazing Grace together and their car has one of those stick figure family decals on the back window. Michelle talks about how she used to have a survival kit in the car, which was a plastic tub with stuff like diapers and perfume or cologne, in case one of her kids had a blow out and she needed to make them smell better (is it safe to put perfume on a baby???). Jinger recommends stopping every 3 hours to let the kid get some energy out. Jessa wrapped up some of their toys up in 4 layers of paper and plastic wrap to give them something to do and make it seem new. Spurgeon liked it, Henry not so much, since he couldn't figure out the plastic wrap. 

The Seewalds arrive at Johnson Farms Plants and Pumpkins in Belton. They meet up with their friends the Brandon and Jenna Chapman. They met at church and also have three kids (Isla, Judah, Zion) that are similar ages. Ben is a germaphobe (germ conscious) and isn't sure about picking apples from the ground. Ben noticed some really good looking apples near the top of the trees, so he tries to jump up and grab them. They use the wagon the kids were riding in to try and reach higher up. Jessa tells Ben to not a break a limb, his or the tree's. They got around 4-5 dozen apples.

In LA, they're taking Felicity to a Bye Bye Tears swim class. She's 15 months old and they think it's a good time to be introduced to the pool. There's a lot of pools in CA, so they think it would be safer for her to learn to swim early on. Jinger didn't go swimming much as a kid, but her younger siblings go often on one of her parents properties. JB said that the older kids went to swimming lessons, but the middle kids 'didn't have the opportunity' (aka they were too busy). Jessa, Joy and Joe all say they aren't good swimmers. Jinger's friend has been teaching her. Jeremy is going to get into the water. Jinger watches from the sidelines. Felicity kicks the water when they float her on her stomach. Once she's comfortable with that, the instructor puts her face under water (not fully submerged) and she starts crying. Felicity sees Jinger and starts crying for her, so Jinger hides behind a post. It's hard for her to not go and comfort Lissy, but she knows that this important for her to learn how to hold her breath under water. They'll keep going to lessons.

Back in AR, Jedidiah and Jeremiah have moved into their own place. The living room only has a ping pong table in it. They're going to get some couches soon. They share a room, since they always had beds right next to each other a the TTH. The other bedrooms are an office and a guest(?) room with a bunk bed. They're not the first kids to move out before getting married, as John moved out for awhile when he was doing 'pilot stuff.' Joseph went to Clown for while. Jed says everyone has to option to move out whenever they want, but a lot of them love being at home. For him, this is the best step for where he is in life rn (no mention of him running for office, since I don't think that's technically allowed). JB says that the kids usually stay at home until they're married because they can save up a lot of money that way. While they only have 10 kids at home still, it's exciting having all of the grand kids and in laws. 

TL;DR - John David provides us with a sanitized version of the Duggars 'helping' in the Bahamas, the Seewalds take a trip to Kansas City, MO, Felicity has her first swim class, Jed and Jer are renting a house together. 

@llg1234thank you so much for this. 

Who has 2 hours to watch this when I have 3 episodes of the Americans left. 

3 episodes people 

ok I can watch the first hour.....I will never understand why they are sharing a bedroom....

Edited by nst
  • Upvote 7

I started watching late...did anyone else notice all of the recycled shenanigans at the end? WTF? TLC is wantonly parading JB and Michelle parenting tips again. I'm scandalized and clutching my pearls??

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

Why did “A Duggar Bachelor Pad” feature an hour of clips from old Duggar shows prior to “Counting On?” The add on hour was weird. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

7 minutes ago, Exposedknees said:

I started watching late...did anyone else notice all of the recycled shenanigans at the end? WTF? TLC is wantonly parading JB and Michelle parenting tips again. I'm scandalized and clutching my pearls??

it's basically just the duggars all of them. 

• Upvote 5

Well you can't go into politics living with your parents. They are so far behind that they don't realize how weird it looks for 2 adult males to share a room that's not in a dorm. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 6

Anyone noticed that Jed was clear about not seeing anyone but Jer stayed quiet?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

In the untitled (at least on my DVR) clip show, they showed a list of the buddy teams. This is probably on FJ somewhere, but here it is for posterity:

Jana - Jason, Jackson, Josie

Jill - Joy, James, Jennifer 

Jessa - Jeremiah, Justin, Jordyn

Jinger - Jedidiah and Johannah

Josh was out of the house at this point. (It really bugs me that they go along with the producers’ implications in the talking heads that at some point they had 19 little kids.) That leaves John, Joe, and Josiah as having graduated from needing buddies, but not assigned any younger buddies. At some points they’ve suggested that the boys helped care for younger siblings, but here it sounds like it was just the four older girls.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

what's really disturbing was the second hour of a recycled episode from the original show. 

because of what we know now. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Well you can't go into politics living with your parents. They are so far behind that they don't realize how weird it looks for 2 adult males to share a room that's not in a dorm. 

To be fair, there are some cities where adults do share a room in a share house situation to live closer to the city.  This is because of the expense of living somewhere which obviously isn't the case here.  Also the ones I'm aware of are often uni students (or things like the foreign workers dormitaries in Singapore)

• Upvote 6

I don’t think there is anything wrong per se with them sharing a room- they didn’t have a normal childhood and apparently not only are they used to sharing a room but they don’t see the big deal about having a room of their own.

That said, I do think this is a sham. They have a warehouse full of furniture and household goods and a family full of house ‘remodellers’ yet they are living in a sparsely furnished bare house? I wouldn’t be surprised if they are still living at their parents and this is a postal address for election purposes. JB probably suggested it featured on the show to make it look legitimate.

if he wins the election he may buy a place there, if he loses it will be back to the Duggar compound and they will be working on a fixer upper for whoever won the courtship lottery this season. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 13
  • Thank You 1

On 7/16/2020 at 3:33 PM, SassyPants said:

I’m trying to figure out the housing situation and how JB allots money. 
Josh- lived in GM Mary’s little house, rented in DC, bought a fixer upper, upgraded and sold it. Currently thought to live in the WH on he property of the TTH.

Jana- lives in the girls’ dorm.

JD- owns a home, possibly rents it out. Lives in a sleek, silver, trailer.

Jill- vagabond life for several years, now in a new starter home with zero apparent family supporting, mortgage paying income.

Jessa- bought GMM’s little home, previously inhabited by Josh’s family.

Jinger- bought and sold a home in Laredo. Lives in student housing in CA.

Joe- Lives in GMM’s log cabin, fully renovated, possibly owns it. House is situated on the property of the TTH.

Josiah- lives in a house, may own.

Jinger is in student housing ? Looks way nicer than any I lived in ! lol 

ETA Never mind someone explained it !

Edited by coffeebean7
  • Upvote 1

I'm calling it:  Future episode - Jana and Jessa redecorate the bachelor pad.  

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 16

7 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Do they own the house? I can’t see Duggars putting effort into someone else’s property. I realise if it’s on the show TLC will pick up the tab- and the Duggars will probably strip it all out if they move! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I agree that the house is probably a political thing (needing the address) , but I think that the sharing a room thing is to keep each other accountable (for not doing sexual stuff solo). I could easily see that being the reason.

Edited by coffeebean7
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

19 minutes ago, coffeebean7 said:

Jinger is in student housing ? Looks way nicer than any I lived in ! lol 

No, as I reminded people earlier in this thread, that is NOT student housing.  It's a house owned by the church or one of the pastors (I've forgotten which) that was loaned to Jeremy and Jinger for a few months until they found housing.  The problem is that they're still in it over a year later so it looks like the seminary arranged some nice housing for them and possibly they lied about it on camera.  

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, nst said:

what's really disturbing was the second hour of a recycled episode from the original show. 

because of what we know now. 

They carefully edited Josh out completely. It wasn’t a recycled episode from the original show. It was a clip show with commentary on old footage, but it was lazy even by Counting On standards because they didn’t give it a theme or framing device. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

They carefully edited Josh out completely. It wasn’t a recycled episode from the original show. It was a clip show with commentary on old footage, but it was lazy even by Counting On standards because they didn’t give it a theme or framing device. 

This is how they keep the show profitable. I don’t think it’s done yet but it doesn’t bode well for its future.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Anyone noticed that Jed was clear about not seeing anyone but Jer stayed quiet?

This has been the theme so far. It’s got me convinced he is with the Arizona girl.  

5 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

In the untitled (at least on my DVR) clip show, they showed a list of the buddy teams. This is probably on FJ somewhere, but here it is for posterity:

Jana - Jason, Jackson, Josie

Jill - Joy, James, Jennifer 

Jessa - Jeremiah, Justin, Jordyn

Jinger - Jedidiah and Johannah

Josh was out of the house at this point. (It really bugs me that they go along with the producers’ implications in the talking heads that at some point they had 19 little kids.) That leaves John, Joe, and Josiah as having graduated from needing buddies, but not assigned any younger buddies. At some points they’ve suggested that the boys helped care for younger siblings, but here it sounds like it was just the four older girls.

Did anyone notice how Joy commented that the spouses have to earn their way into the buddy system? I thought that was telling....she obviously doesn’t care for Derrick. (Since James and Jennifer are unmarried)

• Upvote 7

I'd like to think that Jed and Jer legit live in the bachelor's pad, away from their parents, with wifi and a TV. That their newfound freedom will lead them to think for themselves and rebel against the Duggar rules.

But I agree with all of the posters who say this house is probably a sham for politics. Or a future house for whichever twin is courting. What a shame. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

58 minutes ago, BernRul said:

But I agree with all of the posters who say this house is probably a sham for politics. 

What kills me is the Bert and Ernie sleeping situation and the ‘hur hur, we never really learned to cook’ storyline. This is attractive to potential voters in what way? ?

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5

7 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

At some points they’ve suggested that the boys helped care for younger siblings, but here it sounds like it was just the four older girls.

This is my memory, too. It may have been during their first special. Was that the one named "14 Kids and Pregnant Again" or was it a later one with "16" in the title?  Michelle sing-song chirped that "if you are old enough to not need a buddy then you are old enough to become a buddy." Also in  one of the early episodes Josh said something about either everyone knows how to change a diaper in our family or everyone knows how to do laundry. 

Now I'll have to re-watch those early shows on youtube or somewhere for some laughs and disgust, if I find time to waste.

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, clueliss said:

still in desperate need of that eye roll emoji lol ill have to settle for vomit and a hell no please no 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

still in desperate need of that eye roll emoji lol ill have to settle for vomit and a hell no please no 

You mean my favorite emoji, this one? ? :laughing-jumpingpurple:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobology said:

This is my memory Michelle sing-song chirped that "if you are old enough to not need a buddy then you are old enough to become a buddy.". 

Also, she said in her "breathy" voice, that as soon as a baby was weaned, they went with a buddy.  How soon was she weaning?  

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic