IGNORED

Paul and Morgan: The Paul and Morgan ShoOWwwW!!!

Perrierwithlemon

I don’t know if these two have a thread of their own already. They’ve been mentioned a lot on the Girl Defined thread. I think it was on the girl defined thread that someone said that her arm tattoo looked like a coverup. WELL! We have answers now! Morgan posted a video on YouTube and she talked about her old tattoo. Normally I don’t watch their videos because I don’t want to give them views, but this one popped up in my recommendations (thanks, Mr. Athiest! ?). And this is a video you really have to go see for yourself. (I’m already bracing myself for the WTF reacts to come rolling in...)

• Thank You 4
  • Love 1

I watched the first 7 minutes, that's all I can take of her. So her original tattoo was an infinity symbol with the words "until marriage". Oh. My. God. That is such a dumb saying on a tattoo!

In the video she seems so young. Younger than normal. But she still comes across as judgmental and superior. Tim Rod could take lessons from her! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

Hi there's another fundie couple who is very similar and has a baby named Oaklan . . . I forget the adults' names. They are so irritating and the guy sounds like a total controlling douchebag. 

They are selling a horrible lie after 3 years of marriage and not only that, promoting a do as a say, not as I do mentality . . . recently said they wish they hadn't kissed until marriage, for example. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

Hi there's another fundie couple who is very similar and has a baby named Oaklan . . . I forget the adults' names. They are so irritating and the guy sounds like a total controlling douchebag. 

They are selling a horrible lie after 3 years of marriage and not only that, promoting a do as a say, not as I do mentality . . . recently said they wish they hadn't kissed until marriage, for example. 

I did some research and I think the couple that fits your description are Nate and Sutton. Although I do disagree with some (or a lot) of their views, I think that they appear to be more mature than Paul and Morgan. Mr. Atheist has even done a video on them. Nate and Sutton just seem like the typical, conservative, Christian couple, who happen to have a YouTube channel to be extra. Sure, the "do as I say, not as I do mentality" is horrible, but people shouldn't feel obligated to follow their advice. Also, what kind of a name is Oaklan?? It just makes me think of Oakland, California.

Morgan is just next-level with her tattoo, throwing-up during her wedding, etc. And we know that she has (had?) mental health issues. I have a really hard time listening to/watching Paul and Morgan. Morgan always seems "high" to me. I am also a Christian, but I prefer to consult the bible for advice rather than any of these YouTubers. And Morgan telling God that the next man in her life is going to be the one she marries????? I'm sorry, but that's just straight up craziness. I don't know much about Paul, but judging from his videos and Instagram, he's much more self-obsessed than Nate. Paul posts so many selfies and has his creepy smolder in his videos. Nate doesn't have his own Instagram account. Anyway, there is absolutely no way I am going to take any advice from Paul and Morgan, and honestly I don't understand how they have a fanbase. 

I haven't watched any of N&S's videos at length to know enough about them, but I don't think they hold the same level of outrageousness that P&M do.

• Upvote 1

I don’t know whether to feel infuriated by Morgan or just sorry for her. I understand that she’s admitted that she wasn’t a virgin when she married Paul, and have no doubt that this fact has labeled her “less-than” in the eyes of their community. I hope this isn’t the reason why he chose her. And her high-seeming “too cool for school” mien makes me want to throw something at her.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I don't think Nate and Sutton are as much of a trainwreck trying to fix their problems with fundie-ness as Morgan, I just meant that they too are selling a lie that following a prescription (an even stricter one that what they did) will solve all their problems & yours. 

They are past conservative Christianity and definitely into fundie-lite land though: They believe only the saved will go to heaven, they do not allow each other to communicate with or have friends/work partners of the opposite sex, they do not believe in birth control, they do not advocate for even kissing before marriage, Nate makes the family decisions, etc. 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

they do not allow each other to communicate with or have friends/work partners of the opposite sex, they do not believe in birth control, they do not advocate for even kissing before marriage, Nate makes the family decisions, etc. 

Oh, okay. I think I misunderstood the first time. These are some absurd and impractical (and imo, unbiblical) beliefs. And I do hate that they believe if you just do X, Y, and Z, all your problems will go away—they should know that’s not how the world works. We’ve already seen the disasters that happen with this type of belief (i.e., with Josh Harris/I Kissed Dating Goodbye). However, I would say their belief that only the saved will go to heaven is shared by a majority of Christians. I don’t think that belief is unbiblical. We can’t know for certain if it’s a lie or not since we don’t know what happens to our souls when we die. But I do wonder what gives them the right to feel the need to give unsolicited life advice on YouTube. I guess it’s not all that unsolicited if you click on the video...

• Upvote 1

On 11/20/2019 at 11:41 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

So her original tattoo was an infinity symbol with the words "until marriage". Oh. My. God. That is such a dumb saying on a tattoo!

??? What does that even mean?

• I Agree 3

Is it bad that when I saw the name Morgan I immediately thought of Morgan McMichaels who was a contestant on Drag Race, second season and DR: All Stars, third season?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

The closest I can get to a coherent meaning is „my infinite love for God means I won’t have sex again until marriage“. Let’s just say that I totally understand why she got a cover-up tattoo. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Is it bad that when I saw the name Morgan I immediately thought of Morgan McMichaels who was a contestant on Drag Race, second season and DR: All Stars, third season?

I would be much more likely to watch that show than this one. This sounds terrible!!

• Love 1

8 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

When I listened to her, I think she meant it as she would be pure for until marriage but it still doesn't make sense with the infinity symbol. 

• I Agree 2

• 2 months later...

What a dramatic difference in a short few years! She seemed semi-normal then. Now she aways seems like she’s a stoned teenager. I wonder what changed. 

• I Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

What a dramatic difference in a short few years! She seemed semi-normal then. Now she aways seems like she’s a stoned teenager. I wonder what changed. 

PAUL. Morgan is just like Michelle. She was a normal teen girl until she met JB. Then he made her feel like shit for being a normal teen and doing normal teen things. Paul is a manipulative asshole. Even though Morgan spews hate just as much as paul, she’s just a tool being used by Paul. Jaclyn is right. That poor girl is depressed. I feel a lot of empathy for her. She’s stuck with Paul. I honestly hope she can escape one day.

• I Agree 11

On 11/20/2019 at 10:41 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

I watched the first 7 minutes, that's all I can take of her. So her original tattoo was an infinity symbol with the words "until marriage". Oh. My. God. That is such a dumb saying on a tattoo!

She definitely took purity rings to the next level there... Lol

I’m so glad someone finally made a thread. I’d rather read it than try to keep up with them myself. I just can’t with them

Edited by Marionette
grammar
  • Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel a lot of empathy for her.

I agree with the rest of your comment, but this stood out to me. Seeing her in that video is the first time I’ve felt empathy for her. She really is a victim of Paul! I hope she escapes his clutches before they bring children into the world!

• I Agree 5

14 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I agree with the rest of your comment, but this stood out to me. Seeing her in that video is the first time I’ve felt empathy for her. She really is a victim of Paul! I hope she escapes his clutches before they bring children into the world!

She just seems so young and naive. I imagine Paul manipulated her into what she is today. I wonder what her parents think. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2

On 11/26/2019 at 3:25 AM, KnittingOwl said:

I would be much more likely to watch that show than this one. This sounds terrible!!

I just realized that I voted Love for your post which quoted me.   I love Drag Race and can't wait till TLo's book about the first ten years of Drag Race comes out next month and for the next season to begin.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I just realized that I voted Love for your post which quoted me.   I love Drag Race and can't wait till TLo's book about the first ten years of Drag Race comes out next month and for the next season to begin.  

More OT: My daughter just told me that her hairdresser, who is trans, is a finalist for Drag Race!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 6:20 PM, Giraffe said:

Now she aways seems like she’s a stoned teenager.

Prescription meds?  Perhaps she's being treated for depression or another condition.

ETA:  I just watched the Morgan video and had to cut out at 2:56 min.  Was a pot boiling over on the stove, the phone rang, someone at the door? No, it was just too mindless and insipid.

Not a theologian and I don't play one on TV, BUT she says even if you repent of having sex before marriage, God won't give you the best husband or the best wife. 

So, doesn't sincere repentance wipe away sin?  Isn't that why Jesus died on the cross?  Also, what does that say about her husband, Paul.  God didn't give her the best when he gave her Paul?  Or did Paul get the bad deal? Or both?  We'd agree that Paul doesn't seem like the best guy.  Does she not understand what she's saying or is this a sly passive aggressive dig at Paul? I'd def go for the former. 

Also, in general, these young, telegenic fundies want to start giving yuotube life advice STAT, because they're young, telegenic, insanely dogmatic and have zip for real life experience. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Tried to watch the video at the beginning of this thread.  Oh My God.  She's just so privileged and sheltered.  And so enthusiastic about married sex, almost like she's describing the cult she's a member of.  And is that a heart-shaped tattoo on her left middle finger?

I can’t help but feel sorry for Morgan even after she tried to defend herself to Jaclyn. It wasn’t convincing at all. I just hope she gets out of that marriage sooner rather than later. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2