IGNORED

Duggars Raided by Homeland Security

usmcmom

I’ve been wondering if some of the IG photos are just old ones that they’ve pulled out to give a certain impression. 

I see no indication that they are doing that, but it is very easy to “redirect” people on social media. I could post an old picture of our trip to England and say “Loving the cool English weather right now,” but I’m still sitting on my couch in Tennessee.  

• Upvote 15

6 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I’ve been wondering if some of the IG photos are just old ones that they’ve pulled out to give a certain impression. 

I see no indication that they are doing that, but it is very easy to “redirect” people on social media. I could post an old picture of our trip to England and say “Loving the cool English weather right now,” but I’m still sitting on my couch in Tennessee.  

They had commenters who saw them there that day so it’s legit I think.

Anyone see the news that Jeremy “liked” someone’s insta comment whether the family was under investigation? If it was an accidental like, he’s going to be in trouble!!!

Also, do we know who actually owns Wholesale Motors? 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, neuroticcat said:

They had commenters who saw them there that day so it’s legit I think.

Got it. Thanks. I had not read the comments on the Silver Dollar City post. 

• Upvote 1

The only thing better than the Duggars being brought down would be the Bateses being brought down at the same time. It’s never going to happen, but a girl can dream.

• Upvote 17
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

I hadn’t noticed that they tweaked their statement. Analysis?

From Reddit:

November 19: " We were shocked to see a news report today state that our home was raided by federal law enforcement agencies. This is not true. To the best of our knowledge, it’s also not true that any member of our family is the target of any investigation of any kind. Living a life in the public’s eye has taught us that it is best not to reply to every rumor and piece of “fake news” that is circulated online. It would be a full-time job if we attempted to do so. However, because of tonight’s media coverage we thought it is important to address this rumor with you. Thank you for the love and support that we can always count on in you our fans and friends." 

November 20: "Yesterday, we were shocked to read that some news outlets falsely reported that our home was raided by federal agents. We are glad to see that those false reports are now being retracted. As to any investigation being conducted, to our knowledge, no member of our family is a target of any investigation of any kind by any local, state, or federal agency. We appreciate the outpouring of love and support received from our friends and fans."

Also: I am now getting a ton of used car ads. ?

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 13
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

November 20: "Yesterday, we were shocked to read that some news outlets falsely reported that our home was raided by federal agents. We are glad to see that those false reports are now being retracted. As to any investigation being conducted, to our knowledge, no member of our family is a target of any investigation of any kind by any local, state, or federal agency. We appreciate the outpouring of love and support received from our friends and fans."

They conveniently left out the part that their car lot was in fact raided. 

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

I wonder if the whole "no member of our family is being investigated" is technical truth if you invoke the Maxwell Principle that adult children who are married are their own family distinct from their parents'.

• Upvote 16

3 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I wonder if the whole "no member of our family is being investigated" is technical truth if you invoke the Maxwell Principle that adult children who are married are their own family distinct from their parents'.

It could also be true - didn’t someone bring up a convicted felon who’s associated with the car lot? Could be related to him and have nothing to do (directly) with the Duggars. (Caleb somebody??)

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Giraffe said:

It could also be true - didn’t someone bring up a convicted felon who’s associated with the car lot? Could be related to him and have nothing to do (directly) with the Duggars. (Caleb somebody??)

Caleb Williams https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/who-is-caleb-williams-the-duggar-family-friend-arrested-for-assault/

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

6 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Retracted because I was wrong. See post below.

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Caleb, who married Tabitha Paine, the former nanny to the younger Duggars, is a convicted rapist. Caleb now works with Josh.

Got to keep the pigs in one pen I guess. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Caleb, who married Tabitha Paine, the former nanny to the younger Duggars, married a convicted rapist. Caleb now works with Josh.

What a wholesome business! :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Ugh, wait, no. Tabitha Paine married Timothy Robertson, who is a convicted rapist. Caleb Williams is the one who got sexually assaulted a child and got her pregnant.

Sorry, all, I got my sexual offenders mixed up. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 5

5 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Caleb, who married Tabitha Paine, the former nanny to the younger Duggars, is a convicted rapist. Caleb now works with Josh.

Tabitha is married to a different Duggar adjacent creep Tim Robertson, not Caleb Williams.

oops, cross posted with @ViolaSebastian

Edited by Bethella
Cross posted
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Tabitha is married to a different Duggar adjacent creep Tim Robertson, not Caleb Williams.

oops, cross posted with @ViolaSebastian

Yeah, I messed them up in my head.

This would be a whole lot easier if they stopped surrounding themselves with sexual offenders. :confusion-shrug:

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 33

4 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Yeah, I messed them up in my head.

This would be a whole lot easier if they stopped surrounding themselves with sexual offenders. :confusion-shrug:

Well, they'd have to kick Josh to the curb, then...

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

20 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Or remember Trump's obsession with getting people to say he wasn't under investigation? It was technically true that he himself wasn't directly under investigation, but his campaign and all the shady dealing around him were.

• Upvote 15

16 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Caleb Williams is the one who got sexually assaulted a child and got her pregnant.

...and then some FJers defended him and painted a thirteen year old as some femme fatale who knew exactly what she was doing to manipulate an adult man. 

How on earth can you forget the fuck dumpster that was that thread?

Actually, keep forgetting about it. I'm kinda jealous, frankly.

• Upvote 15
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 7
  • I Agree 18
  • Love 1

I prefer people to stay quiet on a subject rather than play games with semantics. Just be completely honest or STFU. Trump is a perfect example of this.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

Whoa! Why would the Duggars even still associate with Caleb Williams, let alone provide him a job?!? “Here, convicted child rapist, have a job and easy access to children.” That’s despicable! After all they went through with Josh before their show even began, Caleb is the LAST person they should continue allowing in their lives!  I don’t have words for how awful their judgement is! 

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Whoa! Why would the Duggars even still associate with Caleb Williams, let alone provide him a job?!? “Here, convicted child rapist, have a job and easy access to children.” That’s despicable! After all they went through with Josh before their show even began, Caleb is the LAST person they should continue allowing in their lives!  I don’t have words for how awful their judgement is! 

I think it’s as simple as they give the benefit of the doubt to people in their social circle who say the right things. To a certain extent, this is a human thing and not specific to the Duggars, but the horrible ATI teachings on sexual abuse make it very easy to excuse abusers and blame victims. Can’t ruin a young man’s testimony with pesky things like sexual assault, after all.

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

well Michelle and JimBob did go on tv and say something like "molestation happens in a lot of families". they think it is normal behavior. Which is just so wrong. 

• Upvote 16
  • Disgust 6
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5

Is anyone else at all annoyed that this news is going to interfere with the birth and name announcement of M6?? I want to know if my pick was right! Although at this point I may have to change my guess to:

Mercy Please Duggar

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 25

• Coconut Flan locked this topic